Special TT terminal at Memorial Island sites

Gandolf

Old Alpha
Society
The Ministry
Gandorfean Gandolf Losi
Since we have a lot of graverobbers and it really serves no other purpose to leave items at the memorial sites other than to feed the graverobbers and provide a peace of mind for those wishing to give a little in memory I prupose the following, hopefully this hasn't been suggested but knowing my luck it has:

A special tt terminal located at each memorial site that when items are put into it and tt'd the person who tt's them gets a "Thanks for your donation on behalf of (Insert name memorial is for here)". All items tt'd, or at least the tt value of these items, will then go to a charity selected by the individual who requested and followed through with the memorial arrangements. Every year on the date the memorial was put into the game MA will tally up the contributions and send off a check to that charity on behalf of the Citizens of Calypso and in Memory of (again insert name memorial is for here).

I feel this would be a much better way for those who drop items in respect to know that they have actually paid some respect to our lost citizens rather than feed some greedy graverobbing noob. If you all agree please post here--I have sent this request to MA and a link to this thread.

Regards,

Gandolf Losi

Great idea! A very practical solution.

What a great idea this is Gandolf ... I would absolutely be in favor of something like this, but perhaps instead of yearly, maybe make it quarterly given that we have so many ingame who might visit the memorials and leave donations. Also, maybe having something like this might even inspire people to make donations. I like the idea of the donations actually going to a chosen charity of those who are instrumental in getting the memorial constructed. Great suggestion! :D

thats perfect :)

gives MA +rep from more people :p

and makes people feel better IN GAME! ;)

Nice idea! That would definitely make alot of people feel better and help to enact change and progress in the real world.

It is always nice to give to charity. :)

Every time you repair at the repair terminal, you are donating already :D

Nice idea!
But still it would be nice to see some visual of the donation at the side.
An addition to the idea would be, that to the donation one gives to that TT plants a flower near the memorial (or a tree when the donation was high).
Also would not like to have "memorials for charity" only in EU and I am afraid thats where the idea would go.

Great idea! Only, how about a special slab where anything dropped onto it is effective tt'd (to the charity), but you can still view the item?

I agree. Great idea.

The only issue I have is the possibility of competition between memorials to see who can raise the most money. Either intentionally or not.

So, it would be nice if MA sent that yearly check but kept the actual amount secret. MA could announce, 'Our particpants have donated a total of xxxx dollars in the past year.' Without giving the specifics of each charity.

Sorry but MA has more important things to do with their programming time...

like adding useless graphics to the auctioneers and adding more emotes and postures...

nice idea... + rep:yay:

The only problem I have with this is I really do not want MA wasting development time on this when they could fix things that don't work right. As for grave robbing, just do a double place of stackables and they cant be picked up.

Whatever + or - you feel about this, the cold hard fact is that it's a good marketing idea for MA.

I really don't see how this is going to be a good marketing tool considering the only people who will know are the charity and the people who play. And to be honest with what I have seen is left on Tina's memorial, I find it hard to believe that 5 dollars a year will be news worthy. I mean seriously when have you ever seen anyone drop anything there worth more than $0.01?

Not that I tink charitable contributions are bad, i just think this is a rather unrealistic idea.

Just put a guestbook or something. Kind words are much more appreciated than items that can get stolen. A guestbook, where people can sign their names and leave a little message would be much better. This has the possibility of getting abused, but the messages could be monitored by those who lost their loved one.

Charity, special TT whatever....

Yes thats a cool idea, but I think what would be nice is to make a area around each memorial like the ones showed around estates or hangars showing the area where the owner can safely drop items inside his estate.

If MA did this, they could "tweak" the memorials for whatever any player drop at a location could not be picked up again cause it was inside of that "private memorial" area.

But that might also contribute to some lag when too many people drop stuff there.

I think the TT thing you talk about here is a good idea but, instead of items u could only drop ped coins or pecs. So u had to put some coins on the TT and click a "donate" button. Those who donate something could be seen in a small painting or window or whatever if they made a "public" donatation, otherwise, the people that wished to be anonimous could hit a button to stay in that way for his/her name dindt show up in the list of people that actually donated the money.

Each memorial would have some indication saying that the money donated there will go to a certain party decided by the families that provided the memorial for the lost and dear Avatar that passed away.

Something like "Donations to: The friends of Daikiba protection animal live" :silly2:

K, sorry if I joke around, I know its a subject wich should not be a joke, but its was funny to say it anyway.;)

Great idea having some way to give to the charity of the memorial! :)

Just put a guestbook or something. Kind words are much more appreciated than items that can get stolen. A guestbook, where people can sign their names and leave a little message would be much better. This has the possibility of getting abused, but the messages could be monitored by those who lost their loved one.

Also a great idea, but till MA introduces some sort of in-game message system, this would not work for the intended purpose :rolleyes:

Very good idea, simple and elegant. I like.

GREAT IDEA !!!

+ REP big time

ah I don´t like this terminal idea.

Would like to see that items just can´t picked up there.
To hold the chaos down, this dropped items should simply vanish after a few days, and then return to the loot pool or maybe the TT value of the dropped items donated to a charity.

Its a memorial, and everybody should see the items dropped there.
This terminal idea isn´t very personal, although the charity idea in general is a good idea.

I think it's a fantastic idea. +rep

I think ti could be taken a step further and allow users to set up charities to donate to. These would obviously need to be checked my MA.

Yes it will take developer resources, but we the players will be making the donations that will make MA look benevolent in the eyes of the world. As EU grows, it will be ideas like this that really start to engage people and generate broader media.

I have done alot of work with charites and something they are really challenegd with is to efficiently collect donations. EU could become a great platform for donating. This could in turn evolve to a point where major charities are effectively marketing Entropia as a secure place for people to join and make their donations - hence bringing new players from diverse backgrounds into EU.

I think this idea could become much much bigger for EU than just the memorials. I'd also like to add that it would be nice if MA created a clearer path for requesting a memorial.

Some excellent ideas posted here to add to the core idea. I really like the guestbook idea if the details could be worked out--even if it is as simple as auto registering your name for making a contribution-small/large whatever no need to publish that just simply list you as a donator/moarner/visitor.

I also like the idea of having the ground around the memorial accept the items rather than tt but the clutter could be an issue--the flower/tree idea is great as well, maybe reserved for ped donations. If the items disappeared after a few days automatically it could resolve the clutter issues though.

Anyway I think it would boost EU in the real world and anything can be spun into a marketing success if properly executed---Some fine examples of that are linked here already (that was not my original intention for the idea but it certainly does help with justifying some of the cost that would be associated with setting this up). In the end though I feel it serves the community and the memorial better if those donated items went to good use, unlike what happens to them now.

Keep the great ideas and opinions coming and thanks for all the support :)

I like the idea. As well as being able to set up a "drop only" area (with periodic 'collecting' or a limit to max visible items).

Very good idea and very nicely posted..
I hope MA reads this and enforces this.

Last edited:
Liked the idea indeed!!

Another idea to make happy everyone would be the creation of a "donation" platform around the memorial. Then, when the platform counts a X objects (or amount) the objects could disappear and stored in the TT terminal.
Clicking on the terminal, we could have the whole list of Items stored inside (exactly the same list as when you want to buy something, but in this case it would show up the donated items...) then, once a year, all stuffs would disappear to create a new list... and the whole amount TT'ed would given to a charity organisation....

It's not so complicated to create it, and not really complicate to handle it...
... and everyone would be happy... except the Graverobbers :)

The item cant be visible for ever, because that will cause lag and clug up the system. Like to many decals in shooter games (bullitholes)

Back