Xena Ho
Karak Rookie Inu
Flush Thorifoid Skullcrusher
Madsheep Badsheep Stolensheep

Last edited:
Historical Stats for Scotland

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Just for reference... best of luck in 2009 :thumbup:

Come on you Scots, stand up and fight like the famous Scotsman Mel Gibson in that film! :handgun:

im not 100% sure i can commit to the time needed but I'll sign up anyway

kygon shr00m infraction

I'm in again for this year. :)

Only problem I can see is that i am leaving my current job towards the end of march so will be busy looking for a new one which could involve a move etc.

But we'll see what happens ;)

I will say yes for now but with certain reservations which I will be happy to discuss in private.

Welcome to WoF 2009, Team Scotland!

Teams from all over 2 globes are currently getting their act together for this year's World of Firepower event. Many of them have found it advantageous to get some team practice in before their first matches, but how much better would it be if you could work out team tactics and see how well your players function as a team with the possibility of Cash Prizes too.

To that end it is my honour and pleasure to draw your attention to:

WoF08Logo-ProSeries.jpg

This is the WoF Pro-Series, where teams and solo hunters can compete for cash prizes in month-long WoF-Style events which will help to raise money for the WoF Treasury (See other Sticky Thread “WoF Treasury” ). These events, in the spirit of the WoF, are free to enter and open to all.

We are currently almost at the end of "Run 9", but any team is welcome to join in at any point. Run 9 will finish at Midday on Tuesday 20th January, so you still have time to get an entry in for Run 9.

The last WoF Pro Series before the World of Firepower kicks off will start the very next day, Wednesday 21st Jan at Midday, and will run until the end of February, giving all team 5 weeks to accumulate thair winning total score.

So we're talking Team Hunting for Cash Prizes, Free to Enter, Open to All!

There are some Rules though.

Scoring: Teams must Global at least once on 5 different mobs from a set mob list, just like the WoF.
This gives 5 screenshots to submit per entry.
The winner each month will be the Team/Solo Hunter who gained the highest TT-Value of Loot from their 5 Globals combined.
There are also Cash Prizes for Second and Third.

Screenshots must accompany each Global, and be posted in the WoF Pro Series thread for that month.

All mobs must be hunted in the LA’s specified.

Screenshots must show:
Mob and Maturity,
Team List,
Timestamp

Simple enough, just hit C and P as soon as you global ;)

If details are missed, scroll up to be sure and take another. We’ll accept partial screenies if the other parts are there too.

You can collect the required Globals in any order; only screenshots from the corresponding month will be permitted, and all screenies have to be posted within 48 hours of the Global/HOF in order to be valid for the event.

Special Not-Complicated-At-All Team Rules:

Teams MUST be named “WPS(Team Name Here)” to be eligible. National Team names are not mandatory, but no profanity.

Teams can be any size, from 2-12. The same team must feature in all Globals.
BUT: Teams can Lose Members.

What this means: The ideal result in a WoF Pro-Series hunt would be a Team of say 4 or 5 hunters going out and getting all 5 globals in a mad two-hour hunt and sending in their screenshots for their entry. If however, the team only got 3 of the 5 globals, before 2 members ctd’ or had to go to work etc, the remaining team members can still carry on. Any Team members who feature in Earlier Submitted Globals before they left can re-join the team later to help complete the 5.
If you have entered 5 Globals but for example get a better Kingfisher on another day, you can change the entry to include it if the same team (by the rules above) was used.
What you CAN’T do is ADD NEW team members. If you want to make a new team with other avatars, it will form a NEW entry which should include all 5 globals by THAT team.

In short: As Time-Stamps are included in each Screenshot, the order of the globals is known.... the Team is anyone who was in the First Global People can not be there in later Globals, but no EXTRA people.

The Prizes are normally:

1500 PED: 1st Prize
600 PED: 2nd Prize
400 PED: 3rd Prize.

But in Run 8 we had a roll-over of the 3rd place prize, so in Run 9 the prizes are 1700, 700 and 500 peds respectively.

For each event, a donation will be added to the WoF Treasury by Bank NEVERDIE. The success of these events will see this increase.

Prizes will be awarded in-game.

There will be events held until the start of WoF 2009 and beyond, and results will feature on a LeaderBoard in this forum.

Thanks for reading, good luck to all!

Hurrikane, Chopper and the WoF Commitee

:thumbup:

Come on you Scots, stand up and fight like the famous Scotsman Mel Gibson in that film! :handgun:

thanx oleg but mel gibson aint scottish :D

and yes we need more scots to sign up :laugh:

thanx oleg but mel gibson aint scottish :D

and yes we need more scots to sign up :laugh:

You didn't just use that as an excuse to bump, did you? :D

Everyone knows Mel Gibson is Scottish! :wise:

For the record as I hassled you all here in one way or another (apoart from FireMaiden) I should probably sum up the rest - No response from Jimmy or CC as of yet, and the rest of them mainly said the same thing - Credit Crunch hitting home, unable to take part. Frigid and Sao are both offering FAP services but thats it.

I got Xena on her way and I have a few other resources I can pull, but honestly, it's starting to look like we may have difficulty even qaulifying this year.

... it's starting to look like we may have difficulty even qaulifying this year.

load of shite, we can qualify even if there are only 4 of us, shit I'd even give it a go solo ;)

I must admit we have no chance of staying in very long the way it stands at least unless we all use silly expensive big L stuff

[YOUTUBE]vBKBI7DOLHA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Goddamnit... this event and this team... TEAM SCOTLAND... are the only things that make me really want to come back to EU.

One of these days, I am gonna hit the lotto and I will spend tens of thousands of dollars re-outfitting myself so I can come play with the big-boys and girls again.

Until that time, Scotland, you have my support and my enthusiasm behind you all the way. Keep up the good fight!

i have my doubts about even starting with the team we have right now, to field a team let alone a team with any support will be near impossible.

a 4 main team and 3 man support team just is not going to cut it.

i have my doubts about even starting with the team we have right now, to field a team let alone a team with any support will be near impossible.

a 4 main team and 3 man support team just is not going to cut it.

Sorry, guys.

The WOF is the best thing about this game and is probably the ONLY thing that keeps me here now. Like I have said before, I have more fun during the few weeks of the WOF than the rest of the whole fucking year, so I would gladly mothball Frigid and only play during the WOF, then go back into storage after that...

...but....

...this year money is to tight and work is so tough, I just told my wife that we can't even put our kids on soccer teams this year because of the costs and time involved. It looks like others are having the same trouble. WOF has to be played with a disregard for ECO...I can't even afford ECO, much less rememebr the last time I even came close to breaking even.

So...I'll miss you all..at least this year...perhaps this might be a good year for the "UK" Team...if some of you can hold your tongue about the English...and you know who you are...:silly2:

I think I can support with a FAP...sporadically...as often I have to work weekends now...I need the overtime :(

If it helps, I'm sure the other teams are struggling, too...

I'll field it myself if I have to.

If it helps, I'm sure the other teams are struggling, too...

This is very true. So, relatively speaking, we're probably not as outnumbered as we look.

Scotland has always been a small team anyway, and yet we always do well.

Sorry, guys.

So...I'll miss you all..at least this year...perhaps this might be a good year for the "UK" Team...if some of you can hold your tongue about the English...and you know who you are...:silly2:

(Holding tongue)

Aw ih uck ah oo awking ah-ow

:laugh:

Hello to all of you in Team Scotland, and welcome to the WoF once again. I look forward to another year of tense competition and hard-fought matches.

I can see you're not the only team to have recruiting problems this time around. Hopefully the link from the new MindArk website will bring more Scots to your cause.

I notice an issue has crept up concerning Captains and the use of private team forums. Could all those teams who have already voted/decided a Captain please let me know by PM (one per team:)) as soon as possible.

Could any team who have yet to decide a Captain please post votes in their Team Thread until the result is known and inform me of the choice as soon as possible. The date of February 24th was only the final date for deciding, I apologise for not making that clear.

If any team members find their Team's captain to have been undemocratically elected could they please contact me as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the lack of attention to the start of the WoF, but I'm back online and on the job now:)

Keep an eye of the Info and Rules thread for any further clarification of the finer details in updates to come, and to the Sticky threads in this sub-forum in general for any WoF-related items that may aid your progression through the tournament.

Good Luck,

Hurrikane

I think it's fair to say as we're all the same people as last year (Though much reduced) that no-one would have an issue with Kygon being Captain again. You might as well PM him yourself if ur up for the job. :)

Do try to get a hold of CC and Jimmy though. I didn't hear back from them myself, and with them, yourself and Beki out front we would at least be able to field a very strong main four.

ok im up for cap again i guess, we need to convince cc to join then i have no doubt we can make it thru the 1st few rounds again

also support in the type of lending high dps weps also appreciated ;) item depoit if required

Back