Results of skills: By the numbers

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
My wife and I are doing some tests to see the general effects our different skills create. For example, what would my higher health, evade and skills mean if we used the same equipment? Does her higher crafting skils mean better crafting success?

Since the overall loot issue is filled with issues and dynamics, we'll skip that part of things.

Herd hunted: merps/berycled/sabakuma east of Atlas

Equipment:
Smacker 3(L), opalo+100 ammo
fap-80, fap-5
shogun+2a

Her:
Evade = 9
Paramedic = 13
Health = 111

Me:
Evade = 28
Paramedic = 27
Health = 152

After hunting for the full length of the smackers, here are our costs.

Her:
weapons+ammo = 76.59
faps = 9.00
armor = 11.68

Me:
weapons+ammo = 76.57
faps = 0.84
armor = 3.50

So you see, the minor difference between our skills meant quite a savings.

Now we'll see what happens when I use the same armor, but a better weapon and fap then she does.

Interesting subscribing :)

Hunt #2: same armor, but better gun/fap than her

Her:
Evade = 9
Paramedic = 13
Health = 111

Equipment:
Kesmek bik(L), Opalo, Brave ME,+1.00 ammo (26.5 dmg/sec avg.)
fap-80, fap-5
Shogun+2a

Me:
Evade = 28
Paramedic = 27
Health = 152

Equipment:
T10(L)+Beast, opalo+A101, +103.00 ammo (43.7 dmg/sec avg.)
Ur125(L)
shogun+2a

After hunting, here are our costs.

Her:
weapons+ammo = 136.94
faps = 7.62
armor = 10.70

Me:
weapons+ammo = 134.72
faps = 0.21
armor = 2.08

Notice our weapons costs are almost the same, but our fap/armor bills are quite different.

On to crafting now.

Maybe she is just cautious and FAPs more..

Did your hunts take the same amount of time?
And did either of you die?

The extra decay could just be down to a habit of hers, but I don;t know :)

Nice post! Will follow how this goes :)

Maybe she is just cautious and FAPs more..

Did your hunts take the same amount of time?
And did either of you die?

The extra decay could just be down to a habit of hers, but I don't know :)

Neither of us died during these hunts. They were done at the same time in the same location, though we stayed off each others radar to prevent mobs agroing back and forth. You'll see in the 1st hunt we used the same weapon, so yes spent the same amount of time killing. The 2nd hunt was a bit different in terms of time due to me spending 130+ in weapons use faster than she did. But that time difference is again, a factor of skills allowing me to kill quicker.

We hunted in a herd known for high aggression with short range weapons, so we'd both be sure to get mobbed a lot.

interesting stuff! subscribing

Crafting results:

We've only done one crafting test so far.

Item: Basic bearings 500+ clicks on full qty (1k belk+500 blaus)

Her:
lvl 12 metal engineer
77.3 BP QR
Bearings = 1,595

Me:
lvl 1 metal engineer
1.0 BP QR
Bearings = 1,514

My n00b crafting skills and lower BP gave me almost as much bearings, but not quite. Our res and left over belk counts were different, but for this test we're mostly concerned with success rate.

Mining test:

Me
Prospector = 19
Equipment = Tk120(L) (depth=701.5)

Her
Prospector = 5
Equipment = Of-211(L) (depth=472.6)

Ores Found:
Lyst
Blaus
Cobalt
Gazz
Duru

We found the same stuff.

In this location, my higher skills and equipment could not produce any major difference. We found the same ores in the same general ratios (I.E. mostly blaus, with pockets of gazz and little less duru)

It's possible that this location did not have any other materials to offer. We'll do another mining run in another location to see the results.

Last edited:
nice test going on here, for the hunting experiment could either one of you be coaxed into hunting on both avatars just to ensure your hunting'styles' arnt creating the difference?

nice test going on here, for the hunting experiment could either one of you be coaxed into hunting on both avatars just to ensure your hunting'styles' arnt creating the difference?

While MA/FPC obviously couldn't tell, we've both made a very conscious decision that her ava is hers and mine is mine.

Nice experiments, keep them coming.

Interested and subscribing. :thumbup:

While MA/FPC obviously couldn't tell, we've both made a very conscious decision that her ava is hers and mine is mine.

Good, dont give her acces to your pedcard :laugh:

Interesting stuff.

I'd also like to see how many mobs you each killed.

very interesting, look forward to more tests :)

Very interesting to see also difference in loot.

Hi everyone,

JC's wife here. :)

I am really bad about paying attention to my health when I have alot of merps and berries attacking me. I have almost died more than once because I wasn't paying attention. JC was getting mobbed as much as I was but he pays more attention to his health. :)

I thought it was.... whats hers is hers and whats yours is hers.....

I thought it was.... whats hers is hers and whats yours is hers.....

Actually, it's: "What's hers is hers, and what's mine is ours." :D

However, she doesn't need access to my ava to have access to my peds. :rolleyes:

Correction: "our" peds.

You know you'll have to swap avatars and re-run the tests to make sure you exterminate any influence from personal habits... ;)

Nice tests, indeed - quite a big difference in armor/fap decay, a lot more than i thought...

My wife and I are doing some tests to see the general effects our different skills create. For example, what would my higher health, evade and skills mean if we used the same equipment? Does her higher crafting skils mean better crafting success?

Since the overall loot issue is filled with issues and dynamics, we'll skip that part of things.

Herd hunted: merps/berycled/sabakuma east of Atlas

Equipment:
Smacker 3(L), opalo+100 ammo
fap-80, fap-5
shogun+2a

Her:
Evade = 9
Paramedic = 13
Health = 111

Me:
Evade = 28
Paramedic = 27
Health = 152

After hunting for the full length of the smackers, here are our costs.

Her:
weapons+ammo = 76.59
faps = 9.00
armor = 11.68

Me:
weapons+ammo = 76.57
faps = 0.84
armor = 3.50

Now we'll see what happens when I use the same armor, but a better weapon and fap then she does.

Many people say Agility doesn't even have an effect on play now. I've seen this myself on several occassions. But not all the time. I have noticed the same with Evade, wee small animals can give many damages to me now, sometimes.

Are you sure at a time when we are between VU 10.1 and 10.2 of a game that isn't even 1/2 complete so far as compared to VU 9.4, (pant pant) it is a real good time to test anything?

skip this : overall hunting loot is down 100k between VU 9.4 and 10.1 according to tracker, that's by my memory. Does skill really matter compared to that?

Last edited:
I wouldn't say 9 vs 28 evader is a "minor" difference :)
Keep going! :thumbup:

Many people say Agility doesn't even have an effect on play now.

I never mentioned anything about agility, so not sure what you mean.

As for the loot issue, and the fact that not everything is implemented yet, those things don't radically alter the points I'm trying to study with this. Regardless of any changes, we're still on even footing.

However, since 3rd party navigating is back, we may try another hunt test, for comparison.

I wouldn't say 9 vs 28 evader is a "minor" difference :)
Keep going! :thumbup:

Compared to those folks with, say, 60+ evade, I'd say "minor" is the correct term. :jawdrop:

Great stats...Very interesting to see also difference in cost...Keep it up. Subscribing

, here are our costs.

Her:
weapons+ammo = 76.59
faps = 9.00
armor = 11.68

Me:
weapons+ammo = 76.57
faps = 0.84
armor = 3.50

thx for sharing. The difference is quite impressive

Code:
Her:		
weapons+ammo	76.59	78.74%
faps		9	9.25%
armor		11.68	12.01%
faps +armor	20.68	21.26%
Total		97.27	

Me:		
weapons+ammo	76.57	94.64%
faps		0.84	1.04%
armor		3.5	4.33%
faps +armor	4.34	5.36%
Total		80.91

Cost Ratio	1.20

Weapon was (L) so number of misses should be the same and hence total number of kills is also the same. Her total sustained costs are about 20% higher.
Moreover, relative sustained costs due to fap/armor are 5% to 21%. If we assume that mean loot is the same for both (and this is the case on the long run), then the higher costs due to lower skills will have quite some impact.

Back