WoF 2010: Team America (USA)

woot glad to be a part of it :)

Greetings Team USA and welcome to the Semi-Final:
All Over The Place

The (hugely controversial) Moblist is posted in it's own thread; a real test of co-ordination, firepower and logistics that should keep everyone busier than ever for the 3 hours of the hunts.

Your Semi-Final Match is against Team England.

If you haven't already done so, please agree a slot from the following:

(PLEASE NOTE: EXTRA SLOTS HAVE BEEN ADDED, for various reasons. If the extra ones are more suitable than one you have already agreed, there is no reason you cannot change your selection. Please let Rayne Jade or Myself know by PM when you have decided. Sorry for the late notice of the additions.)

Saturday 12th June:

10:00, 14:00, 18:00, 22:00

Sunday 13th June:

18:00

See you at the Start Point (also posted in the Moblist Thread).... and let's see who's got what it takes to reach the WoF 3-way Final!

Hurrikane

Should have a time soon USA, apologies for the delay.

Congratulations USA on your fine victory over WoF England in the Semi-Final.:thumbup:

No great surprise no doubt to you nor to us but nevertheless I really enjoyed the match despite always chasing the impossible. :)

Good luck in the Final: it should be some contest this year and whoever wins with be worthy WoF Champions!

Congratulations USA on your fine victory over WoF England in the Semi-Final.:thumbup:

No great surprise no doubt to you nor to us but nevertheless I really enjoyed the match despite always chasing the impossible. :)

Good luck in the Final: it should be some contest this year and whoever wins with be worthy WoF Champions!

We all expected a very tough match against a worthy opponent. For sure nobody took anything for granted.

Wish we could have held off meeting you until the final, but great run!

(And thanks for giving us the tie in the World Cup, we'll need that point ;) )

Well done USA, we knew it would be very tough today, you're a very good team and I predict you will win the final :) Good luck!

Well done USA, we knew it would be very tough today, you're a very good team and I predict you will win the final :) Good luck!

Thanks! You guys are awesome competitors :)
Come join us for support in finals! Now that would ROCK!!! :cool::D

ROCK ON USA!! :yay:

A lot of WoF Records have been broken this year... and you guys are responsible for one today:

Most Globals in a Single Match: 121, USA, SemiFinals 2010

Previous record was 99 by two teams (USA and Sweden)

Combined, USA & England put up 181 globals in 3 hours.

Gratz on advancing to your 3rd WoF SemiFinals :thumbup:

Gratz USA! I am looking forward on a great final match! May the best team win!

DACHvsUSA... :scratch2:

bah, I've already seen it somewhere around not so long ago :ahh:

Last edited:
Team USA currently has 1598 lifetime globals... 1600 is a nice round number and your second global next week will be it.

EDIT: And... Team USA currently has lifetime loot of 97,150 PED. Meaning, 2,850 PED in loot will take you to an impressive 100,000 PED (the first team to reach that milestone).

late support joiner

Hi All,
Would like to throw my hat in for the US of A Support team.
Please look for for me out there.
-Celly Soulzar

Hi All,
Would like to throw my hat in for the US of A Support team.
Please look for for me out there.
-Celly Soulzar

Meet at 17:30 at Wolverine TP... you can get on a team there :)

cu you all in 5 hours

gl for the match to all of us

my the best win

regards

kawa

Snable Support

Sign me up for the daunting task of the Snablesnot global. 200 PED ammo and Opalos ready to go :D

Chilling at Wolverine now, trying to not fall asleep before the event starts! Darn me and my crazy sleep schedule :eek:

gooooo USA!

great fight today DACH and Russia and great work all season long.

jeah thx for the match team usa :D

Big gratz folks!

Was a damn close match. Have fun with your second set of WoF-jackets :)

... and see you next year :D

Wow wow and WOWOWOW for an awesome final! Way to go on all teams.
Damn exciting it was! :yay:

I have to agree with Casay, in the few years I've done wof, the last 15 mins of this match was the most nail biting moments I've seen yet. It was great fun and that was thanks to great competition.

GJ to our opponents and good job to team USA for the coordinated efforts of our leadership and definitely the efforts of all the participants.

I have enjoyed the company of many new friends and the rivalry of strong competition!

Thanks also to Hurrikane and the countless others who worked to make this event a reality.

:)

woot!

bout time we took the title back

b

Big Gratz USA.

Thanks for a great match.

Congratulations WoF USA, WoF Champions 2010! :) :thumbup:

Grats USA, any team who can knock out England are clearly a worthy winner :D

CONGRATULATIONS!

As you can imagine i am bathing in a rollercoaster of feelings. So close, so close, so close i bet you know that feeling very well from last year. We gave all, we got the sweep way earlier than expected and we came so close to the World of Firepower Champion 2010. Not the least of my feelings is a high admiration for Team USA. Again you guys have set the standards. In my head the whole 2010 WoF was my personal chess match against Star and i needed this kind of continual self-dispute (or call it self piss-take) to find the right words that raise the inner powers of me and my team. We had to steer around many obstacles, the country-merger-problem and worst of all, the prejudices we had about ourselves. I find my biggest achievement was to burst that bubble of depression we were loaded with, because in a "tournament of patriotism" like this, we can not rely on a "traditional sense of patriotism" like every other country does. Our traditional sense of patriotism is corrupted, poisoned, blind and therefore outright stupid. Still Stars question "Wheres your flag?" and all that "show me DACH on the map" attitude stings. Many of us have just a very vague idea of a healthy patriotism, and deterred to be called Nazi we not try often to find out what that means. WoF is the tournament where we can learn to tame the beast that we are and my personal wish was to set a sign for all, with the message that patriotism comes along with a great need for responsibility.

Enjoy your jackets USA!

Congratulations with this awesome win, Team USA :)

I won't say I didn't see it coming or that you had to fight against the odds for this title because that just wouldn't be true and this is what other 2 teams tried to do this Saturday.

You just came there and took what was yours. And I mean it as a compliment and quite a huge one. While I'd find it bit more fun if us or even DACH won, no other result would be this fair and a better reflection of where the power really is in this game.

Back