Achievement: Iron Man 10,000 Argonaut Completed

Nice achievment and cool reward :) Congratulations Mega! :yay: :beerchug: :)

Big gratz :yay::yay::yay:

Gratz thats alot of argos dead ;)

I disagree. To a relative noob the skill value would be lower, to an 'uberly' skilled player the value would be higher. Think of it as the more you've played, the more benefit you get from it. New players have the choice not to do it yet and gain a similar value of skill (or more) when they're ready.

Thats for Attributes, for actual skills it's the other way around.

If you get 60 PED skill as reward it looks like this.

1000 --> ~3900
3000 --> ~4360
5000 --> ~5460
7000 --> ~7128
9000 --> ~9060

Which means it will have less and less impact on your pro standing and if it's a HP skill on that too.
That's how it has to be, if you would gain more tt in skill, the higher your skill already is, the whole system, where you gain less skill points, the more you have, would have been turned upside down.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread with my apparently wrong notion that it might have been a bug to begin with, which would have made things even worse.

Still i have to stick with my feeling that this is too much reward.

Yes it takes some time to kill 16k Argo.

But it takes far far longer to gain 60 PED worth of combat reflexes natural by killing Argo.
I have 4407 combat reflexes after ~2 years active playing thats ~90 PED of the skill, now i can get another 60 PED of it for killing 16k Argo.
No matter if it takes 2 weeks or 2 month it's a huge reward and will certainly devaluate skills even more.

Usually beginner hunt Argo, now they take this quest and when they finish after some weeks or even months, they gain like a year worth of natural skilling in one skill.

And with the other Iron Challenges it's the same, FPC said these missions are meant to be permanent.
Pretty much every active hunter will just take them and finish them at some point (Spider the only current one not for everybody) and that just adds up to a lot of skill tt value. And this is only the first batch of mission there are so many more mobs for more Iron Challenges.

And then there might be Silver and Gold etc. challenges one day too.

Thats for Attributes, for actual skills it's the other way around.

If you get 60 PED skill as reward it looks like this.

1000 --> ~3900
3000 --> ~4360
5000 --> ~5460
7000 --> ~7128
9000 --> ~9060

Which means it will have less and less impact on your pro standing and if it's a HP skill on that too.
That's how it has to be, if you would gain more tt in skill, the higher your skill already is, the whole system, where you gain less skill points, the more you have, would have been turned upside down.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread with my apparently wrong notion that it might have been a bug to begin with, which would have made things even worse.

Still i have to stick with my feeling that this is too much reward.

Yes it takes some time to kill 16k Argo.

But it takes far far longer to gain 60 PED worth of combat reflexes natural by killing Argo.
I have 4407 combat reflexes after ~2 years active playing thats ~90 PED of the skill, now i can get another 60 PED of it for killing 16k Argo.
No matter if it takes 2 weeks or 2 month it's a huge reward and will certainly devaluate skills even more.

Usually beginner hunt Argo, now they take this quest and when they finish after some weeks or even months, they gain like a year worth of natural skilling in one skill.

And with the other Iron Challenges it's the same, FPC said these missions are meant to be permanent.
Pretty much every active hunter will just take them and finish them at some point (Spider the only current one not for everybody) and that just adds up to a lot of skill tt value. And this is only the first batch of mission there are so many more mobs for more Iron Challenges.

And then there might be Silver and Gold etc. challenges one day too.

Well FPC have already posted that it is correct, if you think its too good, hurry up and complete it before it gets nerfed. ;)

I'm already moving on to the next one, I dont think I'll be the first as I'm a long way behind but who knows? :)

Be aware that FPC will be introducing other missions in future - aimed more towards newer players. Personally I'm quite willing to murder 16600 chickens or snables! :)

Grats, and nice reward.

I don't think its an error, 60 ped of a skill sounds about right to me. After all it is 10,000 kills(actually 15000 kills since there isnt a real reward for the 5k one).

Need to find out which one gives 60 ped of coolness! That would be worth a few hp to most hehe. (tho they probably don't have one for a locked skill). Id wish for commando but i don't have that skill!

Tho if one of the missiosn gave 60 ped of commando, even if you dont have the skill. That would be killer reward. About 19 hp worth, if you had 0 skill, lol.

Last edited:
You mean before Star??? :eek:

Joking aside, Gratz Mega!

argo_week.jpg

Yes, even before Star, but he is distracted looting Proteron DNA parts. :)

Well done Mega! :thumbup:

Thank you, but no, I'm aware that 10k Merp and 10k Warrior has already been completed.

Who completed warriors? There hasn't been enough globals by anyone, unless they had epic bad loot. I had 6 globals just getting the 1k done...

Can I see a show of hands of people surprised Mega The Mighty Argo hunter did it first?? :D :dance::sniper:

Gratz mate on the accomplishment and the skillz. :cool:

Gratz Mega, nice skill reward there, I'm encouraged!

I believe the skill value is correct. :)

Good Work Mega, very impressive indeed!

:rocket:

Hanne , i realy need to know if its 601 points skill or 60 ped tt of skill as reward...

so from 1000 point , i up to 1600 or i up to 3k + skill when achieve the entire mission ??

Wow that's a lot of argo's :eek:.
Very cool achievement, big grats! :yay: :wtg:

Gratz mega. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you'd be first to do this one ;) Your one dedicated argo hunter ...

A question though...

Does this mean stamina increase is linked to combat reflexes?

or do you get stamina increase from doing this mission as well as the combat reflexes?

Gratz mega. Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you'd be first to do this one ;) Your one dedicated argo hunter ...

A question though...

Does this mean stamina increase is linked to combat reflexes?

or do you get stamina increase from doing this mission as well as the combat reflexes?

Thank you. :)

Worth clarifying this point as I can see it's causing a little confusion.

You get the +1 Stamina award first as soon as you have chatted to the broker and have completed the 10k.

Then there is the dialog box with the choice of the two skill awards. I chose Combat Reflexes.

So.... +1 Stamina first, then a choice of either Combat Reflexes or Perception.

:sniper:

Hanne , i realy need to know if its 601 points skill or 60 ped tt of skill as reward...

so from 1000 point , i up to 1600 or i up to 3k + skill when achieve the entire mission ??

plsssss someone got the answer to my question ???

plsssss someone got the answer to my question ???

Posts on this topic originally got a response from FPC (Hanne I think, may have been Marco though I forget) which indicated that attribute rewards were a fixed increase (+1 regardless of current level) whilst skill rewards were fixed skill volume (ie. number of levels gained would be less if you have higher skills).

FPC don't read every post here, so there's little point asking them direct questions (its also against the forum rules). If you want an answer from FPC or MA, best bet is to send a support case, or try sending Hanne or Marco a PM.

Back