Question: Atrox respawn rate changed ?

Mariko Ninja

Prowler
Society
The Gladiators
Mariko Ninja Torranaga
Hi everyone,

I have a question for all atrox hunters.
This question is about the respawns that attack the hunter, not the regular respawns.
Since, the content release 2010.7, I have noticed an high increase in atrox respawns.
9 out of 10 of these respawns are either atrox provider or atrox old.

I mostly hunt atrox at Fort Ithaca, Jurra Plateu or on AOL 02 north west of Nate Valley.
On two hunts at Jurra Plateu and south east of Fort Ithaca, I was hunting big atrox, guardian up to prowlers. On both hunts the respawn rate was so high I didn’t have to walk or run at all during the entire hunt. On both hunts, I managed to tag all the big atrox on my radar and ended up with only atrox providers and old on my radar. Nothing below or above these maturities. And on both hunts I was unable to find new big atrox because of all these respawns. Same thing happened one hunt at Nate Valley, although there it’s mostly providers so I do not really mind it there.

However I do go on hunts at Jurra Plateu or south east of Fort Ithaca, specially to skill on the bigger atrox, yet these respawns mostly prevent me from even tagging them now. At one time I had 4 atrox provider respawns on me while I was shooting an atrox old with an cb26. 4 respawns in such a short time looks rather high to me. When I hunt atrox for my 10k mission I don’t bother much about the maturity. But when I go hunt big atrox for skills, it becomes rather annoying when they respawn this often. And yes I do know these respawns are normal, but so many on every hunt since the content release 2010.7 is odd.

So I was wondering if anyone else noticed this increase or is it just me ? :scratch2:

Below two sample pictures from one Atrox hunt at Jurra Plateu.
First picture I was hunting an alpha when I got two providers respawns on me.
Second picture while hunting an alpha I got an prowler and provider respawn.

And no this thread isn’t about the loot, atrox loot good enough for me, so no complains there. :tongue2:

Last edited:
I've noticed that all mobs seem to re-spawn right on top of you now.

It may be all in my head but its just happening too often to be a coincidence.

yea i feel the same way, most of the times i dont even have to move, cause mobs will respawn in my face. and if i pay attention to the radar, they never respawn far from me, always close enough to run to me and attack me.

Mob density and respawn rate has been increased everywhere, it's great :)

Thanks all for the replies so far.
Looks like I didn't loose my marbels. :laugh:

That was the feeling I got and made me post this.
Too often to be coincidence.

However a bit anoying, when it will prevents me more often from hunting the maturities
that I want to hunt. Oh well got used to atrox running up and blocking the one I'm shooting.
I guess I will get used to this one too.

Yeah respawn rate has been greatly increased, probably to account for the mob genocide that will take place for Merry Mayhem. :handgun:

Whether it will return to normal in 2011, well we'll have to see.

Yeah respawn rate has been greatly increased, probably to account for the mob genocide that will take place for Merry Mayhem. :handgun:

Whether it will return to normal in 2011, well we'll have to see.

Trox aint on the list but I kinda been hunting 14 hours for the past 14 days at jurreau so maybe I am responsible for the bigger respawn rate I dunno. I kinda didnt notice a thing

ive spent the past week just outside nate valley tp, just banging out the trox that spawn right between the turret and the border of the LA itself.....
i have to agree, the respawn rate seems much higher than normal.
it seems they are spawning mostly when im not paying attention lol, then chomping on my armor from behind.
definitely a change in the spawn rate.

Mobs are spawning on me while mining - frustrating a bit when you are drilling and mobs start attacking when there were no mobs or green dots on radar previously

It's not just in your head. In the past mobs respawned far away from players. Now they respawn in a random manner. There was an interesting effect in the area east of Atlas Haven. Mobs respawned to the east and to the west of the water. After hunting down the coast a few times on one side most mobs would be on the other side of the water. This isn't the case anymore. :)

Mob density and respawn rate has been increased everywhere, it's great :)

Yes they have been icreased a while back, indeed good.
But talking about the 'assassin' respawns, not the regular ones. :D

Did some testing the past few days.
Noticed an increase of the respawns on or within argo range, also with ambulimax, leviathan.
Before, ambulimax would rarely spawn on top of me, now they do, more then once every hunt.
I can live with this, I guess nothing I or we can do about it.

However it prevents me from tagging the atrox maturity that I want to hunt.
Not happy with being forced to hunt what MA dumps on my head.

Did an atrox hunt at Fort Ithaca, at one point my radar was empty of red dots.
Still managed to blow 50ped ammo on respawns before I could move. :laugh:

Last edited:
MA needs the money so they dump extra mobs on miners/travelers/etc. Now its not possible to move around red dots because they dump them in agro range

I think MA did this to cause more decay from us players, before i could just take one by one mob, now i can tag one mob and second later one or two mobs more spawn right next to me, I don't like it.

I like the increased spawns, but not that dense spawning on top of my head :(

Back