Male | Male
    Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamira View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say, if you had set the rules in time (~October) there would have been some acceptance. Probably you weren't able to do that. Okay. I talked to Parlog before and he told me that you give him your okay for a Team DACH. So it may happen for this WoF. But now you know the problem and cannot deny that anymore. Make a change for next year's WoF! And most of the competitors will accept the insane rule of this year. I admit that I don't understand everything so far ... language issues Sorry. But I claim an easy to understand and not over-ruled competition ... many of the WoF participants would appreciate an easy understandable set of rules.

And most of them don't like this mixed team issue!
    DACH and BeNeLux are allowed because they proved to be fair competitors.

I repeat the other part of the Rule:
    If for example Germany wanted to form a team for this, or any year, then Germany could no longer be represented by the DACH alliance.

I would also welcome help from anyone who wishes to translate the Rules in this thread as accurately as needed, to the languages required. Any language, in fact.

But on a personal note; Teams have 12 people in main and all the support they can get. Apart from a potential for more supporters and the capability of fielding a good main team, there is no huge advantage in playing as an alliance. Last year was won by America, Russia were there in the Final too as well as one of the Alliances. Hundreds of people took part and enjoyed themselves. I see nothing insane about letting all that happen.

Hurrikane

"You wanna see the real me now?"

Slayer
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    I say, if you had set the rules in time (~October) there would have been some acceptance.
    i really don't see what issue there is. any existing multi-nation team from last year is eligable and the door is left open for smaller/weaker supported nations to merge in the future. if one isnt in a merged nation by now it really isnt going to impact, and i dont see a new "nation" forming in the time before the start. long ans short is, the previoulsy created mulit-nation teams are eligable for this year, whats not to accept?

And most of them don't like this mixed team issue!
    confusing... so why not break up the mixed team?
    consider a cockup before a conspiracy

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pecka ecka Martinek
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
    But on a personal note; Teams have 12 people in main and all the support they can get. Apart from a potential for more supporters and the capability of fielding a good main team, there is no huge advantage in playing as an alliance. Last year was won by America, Russia were there in the Final too as well as one of the Alliances. Hundreds of people took part and enjoyed themselves. I see nothing insane about letting all that happen.

Hurrikane
    Yeah, no advantage except the bold part, and that is the problem..

It seems that you really don't know what is pissing us of.......

And what i said thousand times,,,, DISALLOW CUSTOM TEAM NAMES !!! that would be the golden mid way... On one side mixed teams allowed, on the other side everyone happy, and WOF with true spirit..

But what the heck, you will make Parlog and Rhogenbe pissed, and you cant because they are big boys and they would beat you or what????

You know what ??? You should play !!!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pecka ecka Martinek
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    And really, answer a single question to me Hurrikane..

Why you can't disallow custom team names?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pecka ecka Martinek
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    And also you seems to not understand why i am so pissed.

It is because i gave to WOF a fucking amount of time and it took so much effort to have the team CZECH running for 3 seasons.. Just to find last year you allow countries to mix up.

You did not let anybody know, you just allowed them to mix up..... Screwing with others..
    And of course you was so low to admit a mistake, so in the end you did not changed anything and you let them play.

Now its slowly going in the direction where the next year only 4 or 6 teams will really participate.. As i said, this has nothing with WOF...

If you want a real WOF, with a lot of teams trying their best, with the best players inside from all over the world..

Make it Country VS Country only and cap the support teams...... Many teams will gladly join

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Octavius Joser Rex
    Society
    Church of Lootius
    Blog Entries
    Images
    WoF time again? Yes! Looks like I got here just in time...
    Not looting the mobs you kill is a bad strategy. - Jimmy B

Slayer
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PW3CKA View Post
    And really, answer a single question to me Hurrikane..

Why you can't disallow custom team names?
    what does this question mean, what "custom team names" are allowed? do you mean custom nation names?
    consider a cockup before a conspiracy

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pecka ecka Martinek
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aridash View Post
    what does this question mean, what "custom team names" are allowed? do you mean custom nation names?
    Few IQ points more and you would not need to ask stupid questions... For now lets leave you clueless

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PW3CKA View Post
    Few IQ points more and you would not need to ask stupid questions... For now lets leave you clueless
    Ever wondered why you get nowhere with complaining? It's the way you do it. Stop being rude and shouting about something I do for fun and we can talk.

To answer your questions though:

The biggest, most important thing to me where the WoF is concerned is that as many people as possible take part every year. This is what makes it the biggest event in EU. It started as a free festival of firepower, and it's turned into an event that gets people together and enjoying themselves.

Last year, I was faced with a choice. Accept a few of the smaller teams wished to play as Alliances, or rule against it and lose their participation that year. This would have meant that 5 teams worth of players would not have attended competitively that year (Luxembourg did not previously have a team). To allow it meant the attendance was unaffected. The teams in question soon became a new contender for the higher spots that they were denied in earlier WoFs and the tournament benefited from their presence.

Why were they allowed without the offer being made to all?

They thought of it first and asked me. Simple as that. As soon as the teams were formed they were announced.

With the fuss going on about this issue I made a rule in place for this year that I feel keeps this practice on the level. Is any of it not clear, do you still see it all as unfair or against you somehow? I do not run this event to make enemies or disadvantage any particular team.

The Support scores are capped for a reason; to prevent any one team dominating by sheer weight of numbers. No matter how big your support team, all you can do is achieve the cap and help the Main Team (Until the Final, where support can go for it)

Many teams play every year and do not get to the higher stages; doesn't stop them having a blast along the way and seeing what they can achieve each time. I'd be glad to see CZ shock the bigger teams once more, whatever flag they're flying.

Hurrikane

"You wanna see the real me now?"

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Casay Casay Onyx
    Society
    Damage Inc.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
    I was unaware of this and shall chase it up.

Hurrikane
    That would be great. I posted a thread about it with no reply at all from anyone. Here's link to it.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...nts-and-Prizes...
    'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
    but how to dance in the rain'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast