FYI: CDF Utility Helicopter Preview!

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Hitched a ride with Kim from Chug's Hideout (where the token trader for those are), on the way to Twin Peaks (there in a few seconds) if you want to check it yourself :cool:

First scan ever + looks:

EDIT: After crash landing in the Twin Peaks PvP ring and Kim showing off the helicopter a bit, I was allowed to play around with it (as driver) for a minute or two... Best. Planetside. Vehicle. Ever.

Last edited:
I like it, can I haz plz?

I like it, can I haz plz?

After crashing into the PvP ring, Kim let me take a few people for a spin in it and then took it away and logged out...

it was awesome....

such speed, both up/down and forward...

the smoothness...

now I can never feel satisfaction from any other vehicle ever again :cry:

Top 10 conspiracy theories that come from this:

10) Nighthawk is secretly reporting on all of our behaviors like some sort of internet Big Brother.
9) Kim only let Nighthawk drive the helicopter because Nighthawk is a well known epic fanboi
8) Nighthawk is Swedish. This explains everything.
7) Kim has many alts. One of which is Chuck Norris. The other of which is Nighthawk.
6) Secretly Nighthawk actually has a bunch of these helicopters to give away to favored players.
5) The greatest conspiracy every conspired of was to convince the world that there was no conspiracy.
4) Of course this is proof of insider knowledge.
3) Nighthawk is Kim's 2nd cousin twice removed. (This happened pre VU 9.4, so all you noobs out there who signed up at VU 10 you cant know about this sorry!)
2) *heavy breathing* Nighthawk. Kim is your father!

No! That's... impossible!
vader-daddy1.jpg

1) WTF Y R U NO FIX BUGZ! THIS IS Y EU IS TEH FAIL! OMG REEL MONNEH!

Last edited:
9) Kim only let Nighthawk drive the helicopter because Nighthawk is a well known epic fanboi

Kim has taken over Marco's place in Nighthawk's love life :inbed:

all seriousness aside thanks for the preview lol :wise:

Hitched a ride with Kim from Chug's Hideout (where the token trader for those are), on the way to Twin Peaks (there in a few seconds) if you want to check it yourself :cool:

First scan ever + looks:

Thanks for sharing! Shame no video tho...

Looks ok, but if Entropedia's info is correct, I would like to get a ride in Space VTOL X to experience speed ;) [which I thinks is mistake, Max Speed: 576 km/h]

Kim said it will cost 35k mission tokens to buy.

Since price for tokens has been around 1 ped each that means it will be 35k peds unlimited Helicopter.:dunce:

Since price for tokens has been around 1 ped each that means it will be 35k peds unlimited Helicopter.:dunce:

:laugh: Thats awesome, I will take the Privateer for another 10k thanks! Is Kim serious, 35k tokens???? Guess they are not following the market trends. Guess we will never see that Helicopter in game. Nice it is UNLIMITED however.

Danimal, are you somehow linked to PCF and/or entropedia other than an end user?

The token trader for the unlimited vehicles is already there, just visit Chug's Hideout, been there for a long time...

Last token price I saw was 0.8PED each, making it cost 28000PED. However, the price will probably keep dropping as more mission tokens enter the market (especially if more repeatable missions than the current 4-5 are released).

Top 10 conspiracy theories that come from this:

You forgot "Nighthawk and Kim thinks it is hilarious how people believe Nighthawk works for MindArk and they both like to mess with people by feeding their ridiculus conspiracy theories" :cool:

Danimal, are you somehow linked to PCF and/or entropedia other than an end user?

As an occasional Entropedia contributor, I would hereby like to take the chance to encourage everybody who is using Entropedia to sing up for an account and start contributing in addition to just being a user.

In another thread I predicted that the token won helicopter would look exactly like all the other helicopters already out there.

Called it.

Please planet partners, stop using the stock model (which isn't that great to begin with).

The token trader for the unlimited vehicles is already there, just visit Chug's Hideout, been there for a long time...

Does token trader also sell unlimited vtol?

Does token trader also sell unlimited vtol?

No, I do not think so... the names are a bit crypic-ish but there isn't any of them that really seems to fit for a VTOL :dunno:

Here is a picture of the vehicles offered, had it for the token trader thread:

:laugh: Thats awesome, I will take the Privateer for another 10k thanks! Is Kim serious, 35k tokens???? Guess they are not following the market trends. Guess we will never see that Helicopter in game. Nice it is UNLIMITED however.

I am quite certain that more daily token missions will be added over time. That should fix the token prices given time.

the names are a bit crypic-ish
Apparently the light scout, the armored personnel carrier and the patrol vehicle are visually a valk, a pitbull and a jeep, respectively. So indeed, no UL VTOL or Tanks for us :(. Nice to see though that the heli is customizable, which wasn't obvious from the (C)-less name.

I am quite certain that more daily token missions will be added over time. That should fix the token prices given time.

The absolute floor price of the tokens is 25 Pec, which is the TT value of the Angel Armour. Some Angel pieces seem to have a MU of > 200%, but there are pieces of similar Aquila and Holy on the auction at 150%, so I think a realistic value for the tokens is about 37 Pec. This translates into a price for the Helicopter of about 13k Ped. Is anyone going to pay more than that, or for the other expensive items, to justify a token price of 80 Pec?

Last edited:
The absolute floor price of the tokens is 25 Pec, which is the TT value of the Angel Armour. If a realistic minimum MU is 150%, the value would be 37 Pec, translating into a floor price for the Helicopter of about 13k Ped. Is anyone going to pay even that?

If no one pays for it, I'd assume they would rebalance it? :dunno:

The problem is that they can not offer unlimited vehicles too cheaply either, since more unlimited vehicles means less business for vehicle crafters...

The absolute floor price of the tokens is 25 Pec, which is the TT value of the Angel Armour. Some Angel pieces seem to have a MU of > 200%, but there are pieces of similar Aquila and Holy on the auction at 150%, so I think a realistic value for the tokens is about 37 Pec. This translates into a price for the Helicopter of about 13k Ped. Is anyone going to pay more than that, or for the other expensive items, to justify a token price of 80 Pec?

If you can get tokens for 25 pec (25.9 to be precice for angel), then you would be getting the adjusted assassin at a very nice discount of 750 ped, assuming full TT - congratulations, you got 250 peds of tt for free. So I think 34.1 pec is a better rock bottom, angel at this is still 131% which is pretty much by how much it is more eco than UL Angel.

But 11.9K is still an outrageous price for a vehicle. There would need to be a very compelling use for it.

But 11.9K is still an outrageous price for a vehicle. There would need to be a very compelling use for it.

Indeed it does feel a bit high, but looking at the regular unl. VTOL going for something like 1600PED I think and the following stat differences:

CDFH can take 1 pilot and 6 passengers, 2 of which are gunners
VTOL can take 1 pilot and 1 gunner

CDFH max speed 75.6 km/h
VTOL max speed 57.6 km/h

CDFH engine power 2447.3 HP
VTOL engine power 1123 HP
(making the heli much, much faster up and down)

CDFH max SI 1400
VTOL max SI 450

Not sure about VTOL armor stats, but the helicopter has higher durability armor.

VTOL has lower active fuel consumption, but higher passive

CDFH has much larger storage (both item count and weight)
CDFH weighs less in inventory

VTOL can go into space

Basically, the helicopter can take more people, have more gunners, take much more of a beating, is faster in all directions (especially up/down and the takeoff speed is awesome) and store more items... but it burns more fuel when active and can not enter space.

Meaning the helicopter beats the VTOL as:
- Quick surface transport (speed, passenger count).
- PvP vehicle (more SI, more durability, more speed, more gunners, etc)
- Mining vehicle (faster, more storage)

It is up to each person if it is worth those extra perks I guess :dunno:

Giving this a small bump so more people get to see this awesome vehicle :)

Indeed it does feel a bit high, but looking at the regular unl. VTOL going for something like 1600PED I think and the following stat differences:

CDFH can take 1 pilot and 6 passengers, 2 of which are gunners
VTOL can take 1 pilot and 1 gunner

CDFH max speed 75.6 km/h
VTOL max speed 57.6 km/h

CDFH engine power 2447.3 HP
VTOL engine power 1123 HP
(making the heli much, much faster up and down)

CDFH max SI 1400
VTOL max SI 450

Not sure about VTOL armor stats, but the helicopter has higher durability armor.

VTOL has lower active fuel consumption, but higher passive

CDFH has much larger storage (both item count and weight)
CDFH weighs less in inventory

VTOL can go into space

Basically, the helicopter can take more people, have more gunners, take much more of a beating, is faster in all directions (especially up/down and the takeoff speed is awesome) and store more items... but it burns more fuel when active and can not enter space.

Meaning the helicopter beats the VTOL as:
- Quick surface transport (speed, passenger count).
- PvP vehicle (more SI, more durability, more speed, more gunners, etc)
- Mining vehicle (faster, more storage)

It is up to each person if it is worth those extra perks I guess :dunno:

Many pros here on the new heli. I have onther one that might be important if you are able to test it. What is smaller? And what is easier to place on ground that have pesky edges. Admit that anyone who has owned a vtol and tried to put it somewhere with trees or in not so flat area must have cursed it a lot :). I am not sure about if heli has the same problem...

Falagor
:bandit:

Many pros here on the new heli. I have onther one that might be important if you are able to test it. What is smaller? And what is easier to place on ground that have pesky edges. Admit that anyone who has owned a vtol and tried to put it somewhere with trees or in not so flat area must have cursed it a lot :). I am not sure about if heli has the same problem...

Falagor
:bandit:

Well since it was Kim spawning it and I was only allowed to drive it for a short while, I am not really sure... but I assume it is the same as spawning any other helicopter which in my opinion is slightly harder than spawning a VTOL (because of its length)

Personally, I'd like some vehicle to be able to move around in space. The Space Vtol X would be nice of course...

(I missed the demonstration in chugs so I haven't seen either of them.)

CDFUH is certainly better than a VTOL MK1, but seriosly, not 7 times better. Not even after you allow for higher cost for better features.

Back