Developer-Notes--5

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Developer Notes #5[/h]One area where we have received lots of feedback concerns the item upgrade system. Most of the feedback and questions received by the MindArk support department relate to the speed at which items gain new tier intervals, and the cost of raising an item to the next tier level. We hope to address those concerns in this developers note article.

Tier Speed
Within the current system, tier progress is taking much longer than intended, in some cases by a large factor. The MindArk dev team has been testing new parameters for this system which will increase the speed at which unlimited items gain tiers, especially at higher tier levels.

Due to the delicate nature of the tier upgrade system, adjustments must be made carefully and tested thoroughly. Our goal is to complete such testing and implement the adjusted tier progress rates before the end of this year.

Tier Cost
We are also analysing the cost to increase the tier level of various items, and ensure that such costs are balanced and reasonable. Adjustments to the cost of tiering are even more delicate than those related to tier speed, and thus will require a longer period of testing before changes can be implemented.

Originally Posted Here

Disappointed again. Can you guys give us promised mining and crafting tips first before talking other stuff? :scratch2:

So should I tier my MM SGA and

1) Think ... damn, the price dropped and I overpaid
2) Think ... damn, I should have done it as it is more expensive now

or just think

3) Thanks for the info about being nerfed anyhow unless I gamble right.

Can't you provide what direction or type of weapons will be affected without commitment ?

new creature spawn update (faulty) and developer notes, all in 1 day! Guess it was to much for them, hence the date mistake. Either vacation was not long enough or they are still not up to speed after said vacation. BUT at least they confess that hencefort the testing will be in the usual slow pace.

Future will tell... I hope tier price will not be double per level in future as it is now on some stuff ;)
lvl1 100ped
lvl2 200ped
lvl3 400ped
lvl4 800ped

Seems a bit steep for my budget ;)

Yes, please fix the tier increase speed, surely there's more than enough data collected to fix it ASAP.
However, not sure that changing the tier cost will make everyone happy. :/

OMG yes please its been 1 year 2 months since I got tier 4 on my gun working to tier 5 and its only gotten to 4.8 O.O

My imp fap is tier 1.9, good question now if i should upgrade or wait, the cost is ~3100 ped including markup :O

Developer Notes #5

One area where we have received lots of feedback concerns the item upgrade system. Most of the feedback and questions received by the MindArk support department relate to the speed at which items gain new tier intervals, and the cost of raising an item to the next tier level. We hope to address those concerns in this developers note article.

Tier Speed
Within the current system, tier progress is taking much longer than intended, in some cases by a large factor. The MindArk dev team has been testing new parameters for this system which will increase the speed at which unlimited items gain tiers, especially at higher tier levels.

Due to the delicate nature of the tier upgrade system, adjustments must be made carefully and tested thoroughly. Our goal is to complete such testing and implement the adjusted tier progress rates before the end of this year.

Tier Cost
We are also analysing the cost to increase the tier level of various items, and ensure that such costs are balanced and reasonable. Adjustments to the cost of tiering are even more delicate than those related to tier speed, and thus will require a longer period of testing before changes can be implemented.

Originally Posted Here

Thank you MA for acknowledging that there is an issue - and for making plans to fix it.

Please do not disappoint us by procastinating simple TO DO things indefinitely.

Much appreciated.

it'd be interesting to know when all the old stuff will be reintroduced

Would be nice to see my CB26 tier move...

Please dont further devalue our tier investments without first taking a hard look at universe wide ore, enmatter and component drop rates. The result of a true rebalance will benefit turnover per player greatly if you also make using tiers more realistic.

Would be nice ... to see mining developer note... maybe i could figure out why cant i break the 70-75% TT return barrier for 6 months now :D

not much use in making tiering easyer if pyrite droprate is so low that it makes damage enhancers sell at 450-500%

not much use in making tiering easyer if pyrite droprate is so low that it makes damage enhancers sell at 450-500%

yes, blame the miners.. & def don't mention that oac has 50% more mu then pyrite

it'd be interesting to know when all the old stuff will be reintroduced

My crystal ball tells me we will get told that development on taming will start in the beginning of next year any week now :p

My SGA excavator has been tier 1.2 for 22 months now :(

try 8.1k ped decay on an adj fap to move it from T3.0 to 3.6
This equals 405k heals of 50 hp or 20.25 million hp healed or equals 259h non stop spamming :wtg:

Nobody complained much when pyrite was 140% in june... Pk'ers got their way with vehicles removed from pvp4, so now we're reaping the consequences. It would be really easy to drop the price, just move it outside of pvp.

But then again, as Das mentioned, there are output amps, which are way more expensive then pyrite. Looking at current prices, pyrite 185%, output ams 235%.

Per 1 click
pyrite adds 0.6*1.85-0.6=0.51ped markup
OAC adds 0.4*2.35-0.4=0.54ped markup.

So with tt value being 2/3 of pyrite, it adds more markup per click. I think either MA has increase the droprate, or hunters need to show some initiative and cut the price :)

Some in my soc won't like me for saying this, but I'm not in favor of fucking ore/component markup just so high end hunters with uber weapons can run tier 5+ all the time. That would be an imbalance.

Some in my soc won't like me for saying this, but I'm not in favor of fucking ore/component markup just so high end hunters with uber weapons can run tier 5+ all the time. That would be an imbalance.

Well, I agree with that, Xen. But allowing the entire game to tier even easier before without a true look at the balance issues, enhancer costs will become so expensive that it wont warrant paying for tiering when the checks come more easily.

There should be new enhancers. Enhancers that are planet specific. Perhaps limited offer enhancers handed out via event mission brokers. Repairable unlimited 100 stack enhancers, etc. Provide more options for tier hounds or a rebalance of the tiering system won't much matter.

It would help if the made the steps smaller instead of steps of 0.1 make more smaller steps of 0.001 (or occasionally bigger). This would at least give the idea that the tier rate is moving instead of the long long waits between seeing it 0.1 moving.

Cheers
Siam

yes, blame the miners.. & def don't mention that oac has 50% more mu then pyrite

im not blaming any1,all i know is that outputs are just as cheap(or expensive) as some time ago when enhancers were way cheaper,the only price that has changed is that of pyrite

I don't think that weapon tiering rate is a problem. High volume hunters like Skip, Rei, Stryker, etc. are tier 7.x, and I'd say that's about right. You can't have all top weapons in the game capable of getting to tier 10 in 2 years or whatever.

It's possible there are problems with specific weapons, but I doubt it. I think people are just impatient. Some things are hard and they should be.

Unlimited tools I don't have much experience with so can't comment.

Costs should probably not be lowered since that kind of screws everyone that already paid into tiering their items. That's value they have added to their weapons that would be mostly lost.

Please dont further devalue our tier investments without first taking a hard look at universe wide ore, enmatter and component drop rates. The result of a true rebalance will benefit turnover per player greatly if you also make using tiers more realistic.

I kinda agree with both comments.

I sold a tier 5 unlimited gun because enhancers were a huge ped leak, and the amount I can hunt means CLDs were better than the savings (if any) I could make from UL over L. I'd love to go back to a similar set up, but the numbers just don't add up. At the same time seeing ubers running around with high tiered MMs and stuff is quite humbling. The skill gains and ped cycle I can get through in a week can be done by some people in hours. Well, I guess that's what the high tier cost on those items are for.

Tbh unless something else changes, from my perspective, faster tiers will just speed up my Warrior set tier hofs.

feel´s wrong to say this but...i agree with skippie and xen..

now to my view that dont rly have to do with tier shit..IF the average MU on mobs was good enough then ppl would still justify using them(dmg ench) aslong as there´s something worth hunting...but atm its vry bad only a few mobs worth hunting and outside of pvp4..i can only rly thing of 1 that makes sence to hunt atm due to aoc and other stuff ofc..

after they fucked up the droprate of stuff in loots in dec or somewhere around that time last year, and all you care about is ...yea lets add some new hair and shit or new ava look..bla bla bla.. newarrival (sure its good but you gotta keep what you have first) the focus is way wrong atm.. its not second life your running its Entropia where the driven factor is *hint* real cash...

im not blaming any1,all i know is that outputs are just as cheap(or expensive) as some time ago when enhancers were way cheaper,the only price that has changed is that of pyrite

well when those 190 pk-ers that voted for removing vehicles from pvp got their way some of us predicted this would happen, so along with the bright spark from planet calypso team that proposed the change there are plenty of people to blame. :)
the removal of vehicles means the lack of decent pvp protection to compare with the damage of high tiered L weapons and rocket launchers has tilted the balance so severely one way this was bound to happen.

after they fucked up the droprate of stuff in loots in dec or somewhere around that time last year, and all you care about is ...yea lets add some new hair and shit or new ava look..bla bla bla.. newarrival (sure its good but you gotta keep what you have first) the focus is way wrong atm.. its not second life your running its Entropia where the driven factor is *hint* real cash...

Hhrrmm just to keep some things str8 bout a Real Cash Economy:

1. It works just like in real life, Consumers and Producers.

2. Problem with EU (guess which one yourself dear reader) is low consumption. check 3.

3. There is way too much goods out there compared to population. check 2.

Direction of Focus is right, but intensity needs to be switched from a 40W light bulb to a huge truck with a gazillion headlights!

I remember Second Life having a large number of people trying it out, but low retention rate, 2 interesting reads:

http://http://www.dmwmedia.com/news/2007/02/14/second-life-reveals-true-population-statistics

Read first graph, with those numbers (even a lower retention rate would be nice) EU would work mighty fine:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Q1-2011-Linden-Dollar-Economy-Metrics-Up-Users-and-Usage/ba-p/856693

Hmmm does this mean we all get a complementary Tier level on a weapon of our choice? My ML35 has been stuck at Tier 4 for 3 months now. Not even 4.1! How many kills must I make to get to 4.9?

Back