Search results

1. R

Info: Metronome Style Mining Method

1) Buy a rookie finder and a few probes. 2) Mute all PC sounds 3) Put on your headset 4) Download and install a FOS metronome app 4) Set the app to x BPM where x is LESS THAN 8 PS If anyone can mine at 8 BPM please let me know how. 5) Go mining with the beat exhausting just 1 rookie finder 6)...
  2. R

Project Entropia Mining System - Old School Veins

I have been wanting to put down a post regarding how mining worked in the old version of PE for a long time now... First off, a disclaimer, these are my opinions and observations. This strategy generated profit of about 7k in a few months of leisurely mining. OK let's get started... The...
  3. R

Question: Amped Mining Question

I have an interesting question for amped miners.. Can an amped drop produce hits that's sizes that are significant lower than the cost of the drop ? For example can the max level amp still hit a tiny deposit ?
  4. R

Help: Building the perfect square mining grid...

Sorry but this post will be a little bit "mathy" I have a question for the community, something that has been bugging me for a little while. I am going to build a mining log sheet that will also double as a grid, that will essentially tell me where to drop my next probe.. What distances do...
  5. R

Question: Is "System" a very primitive AI ?

Please note that the following post is framed in terms of mining not hunting and concerns mining only. So this is a simple concept. Does "system" exhibit neural network (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_network) / reinforcement learning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinforcement_learning)...
  6. R

Question: Does anyone know what type of Distribution the skill system uses ?

Does anyone know what type of Distribution the skill system uses ?
  7. R

Question: Unscheduled Server Downtime ?

Does anyone know why the servers have gone down, is there a patch / update ? I was right in the middle of mining my vein too :(
  8. R

FYI: Variable base multiplier

I have been mining as of late with a really specific Excel spreadsheet that converts messages from "system" to coordinate pairs using a bit of "math" that I am not going to discuss here. I have noticed something with mining in general over the past few days, a base multiplier or "base seed"...
  9. R

FYI: Bug - Refiner Window too small

Anyone else finding that the window attached to the tt refiner is too small ? I am having trouble dragging items in to be refined...
  10. R

Info: Claim Bug - Mining claims are not at the position denoted on their deed

Simply put due to the inaccuracy of the ingame compass and the fact that the game truncates it's coordinate system. I believe that Mindark is taking advantage of this and obfuscating pieces of their system, which cannot be accurately mapped due to the exact position of the avatar being unknown...
  11. R

Question: Depth Tracking

Has anyone tracked claims via depth ?
  12. R

Question: Punishing the Pattern Recognition of Players

I think that this game employs a system that punishes pattern recognition.. Read my thought process below this.. The game switches from linear to exponential progression when the player makes too much peds.. And then scales again when the player "cracks" that sequence or scales down when the...
  13. R

Attractors, repellers and other such dynamic system nonsense..

So heres a wild idea.. Most entities in the game act as a fixed point attractor and repeller. If you do not know what I am talking about then you better brush up on your dynamic system knowledge, Lorenz attractors and such nonsense. So I tested a cos and sin attractor x=cos(cos(cos......)...
  14. R

Question: Loot "Rationing" based on avatar skill level

How likely is it that the game allocates resources to the players with the highest skills first? This can be easily accomplished by swapping a piece of loot with a skill gain. Does this sound plausible?
  15. R

Info: Procedurally Generated "Randomness"

Sure anyone can say that this game is random... But how do you actually prove it.. For example.. I will be using excel as a simple. Create a simple circle.. m=cos(m) m=sin(m). Simple right... Now make the formula m=mod(cos(m),1) m=mod(sin(m),1) and it looks completely different. I would not...
  16. R

Question: Bug or Feature - Space Stations lack space faring facilities

So my avatar is stuck.. I have no way to get to Arkadia where I want to do my 1st ever Arkadia mining run, and possibly my last mining run.. for a while at least.. Got shot down, respawned in Zeus station with no way to repair my VTOL. Why don't the terminals at least have repair tools that you...
  17. R

Question: Question regarding loot waves - Doesn't mining get boring waiting for the wave ?

I would like to find out from other players if it gets a bit boring ingame waiting for the next loot wave to happen ? No one wants to patriciate in any activity in this game when there is no chance of a reward and I just find the waiting game quite boring and dull.....
  18. R

Request for a new mining test. Is the game "random" ?

I have a proposal to make to the community, I would like to know once and for all if there is a randomness component to the game. Here is the test. All miners participating, perform the same actions with the same equipment at the same time and record the results. For example, pick the same...
  19. R

Help: Mining Math Model Problem (MMM for short)

Is there a way of creating a model for mining with just the information given to us by the game and a bit of math? Lets find out... Lets start with a point, which is an object that has no physical dimensions. I am going to assign mining characteristics to that point. First off I know that...
  20. R

Does server downtime decrease mining returns ?

I am asking the community a simple question, in your opinion does the server being down decrease the amount of claims you find and or the sizes of said deposits after the server connectivity is restored?
  21. R

Resource Targeting - Which resources are best to "go for" for each mining tool ?

This question goes out as a follow up to LeelooM's excellent guide.. I consider myself still as a "noob" miner regarding all the mining changes since the days of Project Entropia (yes thats a long time ago) and I am still finding it hard to adjust to the Crytek version. Anyway long story short...
  22. R

Questiuon on resource fields - Private or Public ?

Question on resource fields - Private or Public ? I have a question for the more experienced miners. In your opinion, does the presence of other miners in your area influence your HR (Hit Rate) ?
  23. R

Cell based Mining, my current mining technique. Whats yours ?

Morning All I wanted to open this thread just as a community brain dump regarding mining "cells". Typically when I mine currently, I am mining in a "cell", this "cell" area is twice my radius so 110m and starts at the centre of the cell ie 55,55. Just picture a grid of squares all over the...
  24. R

Not a rant... / comments on the current state of the game.

Good Day.. Please do not take the following as a rant or anything negative against the "game" in it's current form. It's just that well..... Personally I am getting sick of the loot waves..... I get home from work and decide to do a bit of mining...... Ten No Resource Founds later, I am ready...
Back