Search results

1. Witte

Entropedia is being moved to a new server

I am currently in the process of moving Entropedia to a new server. In the meanwhile the site is down. It will be up and running as soon as possible. The new server will have a better security and virus protection, so all the security issues should be solved. Thanks for your patience.
  2. Witte

Calypso version of Entropedia

I recently added a new option in the menu of Entropedia where you can select a planet. By doing so, only the items that are found on that planet are shown (given of course that the data entered by users is correct). The Link to the Calypso version of entropedia is...
  3. Witte

New feature: Create new charts and column

I have added a new feature to Entropedia. It makes it possible to add new charts and columns. I will likely contain many bugs, and a lot of column types are not implemented yet. Currently there are 3 types of columns supported, textboxes, dropdown menus and multivalue. The tool can be found...
  4. Witte

New tool: Weapon Compare

I have added a new tool to compare different weapon setups. It uses the same systems as the weapon chart, the main difference is that the data is presented in a different way. It is more like Entropia Tools, although I can't exactly remember what that looked like, so any suggestions to improve...
  5. Witte

Coincidence or...?

I have been inactive for some months, and I decided to log in today. My avatar was still on a mining trip I never finished. So I decided to drop some more bombs. After about 5 bombs I got this: Niksarium Stone 268 PED Tuesday, October 05, 2010 15:18 Another 5 bombs later I got this: Niksarium...
  6. Witte

Abilities

I would like to see abilities introduced. Abilities should be unlockable by a new experience system. For example, unlocking running cost 100 experience points. Unlocking jumping cost 200 experience points. The abilities you can unlock can also be dependent on your profession level or quests...
  7. Witte

Another example of the magnificence of the interface.

The "compact" button in storage. MAKE A FRIGGING CONFIRM BUTTON!!!! And I didn't even click on it :(.
  8. Witte

Updated the weapon chart

The weapon chart's effective damage used to be based 80% to 92.5% hit rate, corresponding to 0 to 10 HA. Critical hits were ignored. I have now changed it to 80% to 90%, and critical hits are 1% to 2%, corresponding to 0 CHA to 10 CHA. Enhancers will increase the critical hits by 0.1% each (not...
  9. Witte

What font is used in chat and item text in HUD?

I tried all standard fonts in windows but no match. Anyone knows?
  10. Witte

Added Rocktropia map to Entropedia, locations can be added.

See http://www.entropiawiki.com/Location.aspx?Map=Rocktropia
  11. Witte

New planets, suggestions for Entropedia

We now have a new planet, and it seems it isn't much more than another LA. All items and skills can be used on both planets. I was first thinking to make different Entropedia editions, one for each planet, with a different database, but that plan is a off for now. However, making a distinction...
  12. Witte

How to obtain map images?

I want to add the new map of Rocktropia and update the map of Calypso on Entropedia. It used to be possible to get the map images directly from the EU folder, but the images seem to be encrypted now. Is there still a way to do this? Would make it so much easier to create the maps.
  13. Witte

Get rid of tier rate

I don't like the tier rate idea on items. How it should work IMO: *All UL item have the same tier rate. *(L) items have tier unlocked on creation. So the redundant tier info can be removed from the stats. The number of tiers an (L) item has unlocked can be determined randomly, for example 1...
  14. Witte

"Latest Posted" not working.

It doesn't show my latests posts, just some of them. Looks like posts in older threads are ignored.
  15. Witte

Effect of CHA of critical hits

I am looking for posts or threads containing tests about the effect of CHA on the number of critical hits you do. From what I understand it is 1% at 0 CHA and 2% at 10 CHA, but I am looking for some evidence to support this. Any input about the subject is welcome. Edit: and another thing is how...
  16. Witte

Help needed to finish the revival map

Thanks to Interficiam I added Voronoi diagram diagrams to the maps on entropedia (see this thread). What this basically means is that the revival areas are automatically generated from the revival points. So what needs to be done is: All revival points need to be added to the maps on Entropedia...
  17. Witte

Different auction history for different blueprint quality rates

Similar to the current tier auction history. A BP between 0 - 0.1 is one category, between 0.1-0.2 another etc.
  18. Witte

Added tiers to the weaponchart

I added primary functionality of tiers to the weaponchart. The consumption cost is not taken in account, and currently only range and damage tiers have effect. If anyone can help out with the effect of CHA on you critical hits, I can add that one too.
  19. Witte

Confirmation system on Entropedia, trustworthy people needed.

I was reading some posts here and the following post annoyed me: mainly because its mostly true. So I was thinking about adding a confirmation system, where only a group of trustworthy people can confirm data. I am currently thinking on a scheme where unconfirmed data shows in gray instead of...
  20. Witte

New map added to Entropedia. New locations can be added.

I have added the new map to Entropedia: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Location.aspx The old maps are renamed with the suffix "pre VU 10". Editing has also been enabled again, so new locations can be added! To add a location, simply press the "Add" tab in the top of the screen.
  21. Witte

Would you pay for Entropedia?

With a new VU, Entropedia will need updates as well. The data structure may need to be changed, as new planets arrive. And to facilitate the needs of a possible larger and more diverse player base, the site may need to be made more flexible in terms of updates possibilities, such as user created...
  22. Witte

Crash after a few seconds I logged in.

The issue started after I reinstalled windows some time ago. After about 5-10 seconds I log into EU, the computer crashed and rebooted. What I tried then was to install different drivers for my motherboard, didn't help. Then I installed a program called "Riva Tuner", where I can change all...
  23. Witte

Entropedia is down..

but will be back up as soon as possible. The problem is a faulty HD. Experts are looking into the issue :cool:. Latest backup is from yesterday so in the worst case only 1 day of updates will be lost.
  24. Witte

Added Google maps to Entropedia

Just a fun feature, you can now view (and edit) calypso in google maps on Entropedia: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Location.aspx
  25. Witte

Google maps API-key problem.

I was trying to get the map on Entropedia working with Google Maps. Though it works on the dev machine, I can't get it to work online. I followed instructions on http://code.google.com/intl/nl/apis/maps/documentation/. I created a key for "http://www.entropiawiki.com". The help told me to add...
Back