Content List VU 9.0

God, MA, you seriously dropped the ball in so many ways. Although the VU 9.0 was supposed to be epic with the introduction of a new engine, you:

1) Made us recreate our avatars. We weren't really expecting that. We all got pumped and took pictures of our old ones just so we could have before/after shots. I mean, seriously, there has got to be a comparable way to transfer certain characteristics from the old engine to the new. *Sigh*

2) Fees? More fees? Are you kidding me? I'm already losing hundreds of ped a week, and you want more? No, that's not right. 12 pec per equip is ridiculous. My clothes don't decay 2 cents in real life every time I wear them. They don't decay AT ALL. And your reason is lag? Wrong. This really is an unacceptable answer. You made this VU TO COUNT THE LAG PROBLEM. The Cry engine does that for you, so nix the decay idea because I will not play if I decay pointlessly.

3) And ah, the footguards. How do you expect to distribute those? I need a set of phantom footguards, but phantom BPs alone are rare enough. MA, logically, are you thinking these things through? Are you thinking about how your fan-base will react? I really don't think you are. You need to keep people happy to keep them playing your game. Stop trying to make it into the headlines and start trying to make people love your game. Seriously, you failed this VU. You really did. The new graphics are all that were expected, to be honest, and that's really all we needed. So go tell your design team to get some degrees in economics, and then tell them to come back and regulate this economy with their ideas. Honestly, I don't think that MA knows how to run a business, let alone an economy larger than some 3rd world countries. MA, seriously, I can't believe this. ALWAYS making things more expensive in a game that already costs far too much.

Not only have they removed the incentive to wear/buy/colour things, they also have removed the colorator from the TT, which is intended they told me. This means that even if you want to test the new paint-system, you can't. So, let me introduce a new slogan: 'Paint, the new oil in mobs'

deleted...

Last edited:
Can we all agree we want to downgrade the looks of the armor, so we dont have to pay 2pec lag. I dont give a crap about the looks if its going to cost me money.

We need a bill of rights created by the players. Number 1, we can equip whatever the hell we like without charge.

If those 2 pec's go in loot pool or are recirculated in economy, is fine with me. But if is just added decay to make all avatars pay extra money to MA, is not so nice. I know MA income is a fee per hr for total number of players, so in the end hat extra decay may not be such a bad thing. Tailoring becomes interesting for more people and having good condition on clothes will make sense.
I try to understand the reasoning behind this strategic move, because with all the bad, it must have some good in it to. If MA would have whanted to rip us off some 2 pec or ped or whatever, they could implement a no loot bug for 20 minutes and is all solved. If they let this decay out in the open, then it must have some good in it.

The god part is that good armors with high TT value are better to use now and having a smaller one that need alot of repairing will not do you to much good. So a sense of progresion is implemented.

The extra armor part is bad. Not because it afects the cost of hunting after you have that part. But because some people spent alot of money having a full set of some uber armor and now they have an incomplete set of uber armor... So is not what they payed for. This is bad and hits in people trust in MA. Me included. Some people put alot of money to buy something in EU. Again, me included.
When you put money to buy a set of supremacy, you don't buy 6 pieces of armor with some nice pixels. You buy the best armor set ingame. Now you just have 6 pieces of armor and need one more to make a set...
If I deposit to buy a mod merc, I don't buy a gun o hunt. I buy the pest pistol ingame. If MA decides to make it need some other attach or make it decay more or make other items drop with similarr power and eco I'm scrued. Because what I don't have what I pay for. I have just another toy.

So again, please MA, be consistent. Don't ruin people trust in EU.

Well let me add my 2 pecs worth of comments to this thread. I can't even put on my OJs since they have to be repaired first! Doh? Gee...

sorry for this word
but this is plain bullshi...

Chargeing people for seeing the new avatar look????

how is it with repair of Armor with plates? can i repair them now with plates on or am i forced to get ripped off?

i got about 12 sets of armor - depending what i hunt i customize my gear - MA talkin about possibility to customize your stuff, but kinda force you to run around in the same stupid look all the time... Oo

Last edited:
I dont give a crap about the looks if its going to cost me money.

For me, its mainly the sheer insult, ie, the "explanation" why its needed.

I match my armor to the mob, even midhunt.
In an average 8hr day ingame, burning peds all day, given my usual habits I recon I'd incur 10 ped a day tax, looking at my loot/mob logs I keep

So, 10 ped a day as and mid-level, serious hunter, without changing clothes at all, is what we're talking about if u use armor like me. Most people probably less than that, maybe 1-5ped if u own 2 types of armor and vary your mob choice

MA is now my enemy. Even a huge mass-media apology can't reverse that feeling. This will surely affect the longterm viability of Mindark, it's management's competency and any IPO plans.

They _need_ paying customers and good publicity. They also need customer loyalty. Simply reversing this decision isn't the point.

Heads must roll. Disaster time. Crisis team NOW!

What about if you have plating? You need to unequip before the repair, so I assume you'd be charged in that case.

afaik, u dont need to unequip anything to get them repair in vu9
same for armor+plate and cloth... (just check the repair terminal, but not really 100% sure coz i havent repair anything :D)
correct me if i m wrong

How much more obvious does MA need to make it?

They don't care about you. They don't care that you spend 10k dollars on armor, they care that you have 1000 ped tt armor. They only want decay.

The don't care if you leave, someone will replace you.

For me it's not just the few pecs, I mean this is gonna cost us maybe 1 ped per day and most of us are losing a lot more on a daily basis. But to tell us that this tax is to reduce lag?? That's another example of plain lies to the community.
I can also see a positive thing about the extra armor part, I mean, they gotta drop a lot more then the rest of the pieces are atm, so I'm hoping to see some cool loots. And with the extra armor part we can also hunt longer without having to repair (16.67% longer) because the hits will be more spread out (ofcourse repair bill will be higher after this longer hunt). I do agree that for the ppl with high-end gear this is gonna cost, but it is only gonna cost as much as ppl are willing to pay for it (so a lot :laugh:).

Pre VU9.0 when I was done with a hunt I just took off armor, let a mob kill me, repair armor and went on a new hunt. I guess I will have to change this habit and hit T more often to save a few pec or get killed with armor on.

Not too long ago I read a thread from someone who was annoyed when ppl walked with full armor in towns, I guess this poor guy will hate this VU more than anyone ;)

Overall I think it's a silly decision which doesn't add to the overall experience in our Universe, wether it reduces lag or not.

we all have OJs which have 0tt,how about when u hunt,change ur normal clothes with the OJs which cant decay coz they have no tt.

The thing that really gets to me is that I am going to have to spend another 10k PED to "complete" my shadow set, the set that I bought "complete" and was "complete" until someone at MA had a brainfart and decided to create this pointless crap.

Eps

next funny thing that just came up my mind...

Clothes look damaged and used when not full tt??????

i got about 3 containers full of Cloth - am i supposed now to repair them all fully ????
just to be forced to repair them EVERYTIME i wanna change my look ??????

anyone wanna buy alot of old looted clothes???

BULL****

this pisses me off

nice ... lets see what the new VU got =)) *

If armour changes produce lag....why add another part to each set ?
Changing 6 parts surely works the server more?

If reducing lag was the reason maybe a hotkey to change a full set in one go would work better?

t

What he said :wise:

2 pec to change armor ... something I do A LOT for fun and looks ...

What is next ?

Wait ... I have an idea !!!
2 pec to login to reduce lag ?

Get real MA, YOU SUCK !

well, i started in this thread
711 said carry on here.

SO I will.
I have numbered the questions, (not numbered in original post) so the answerers can be linked to a question.

ME! said:
Finally, the suspense is over.

Tomorrow I will find out:

Q1: If I can make me look like me (or have to pay for the privilege).

Q2: If it's possible to do the above in one night.

Q3: If my Pc can do VU9.

Q4: If my clothing looks as good as it used to.

Q5 If I can download the new VU.

Q6: IF I need to go to the pub to Get Ratted, as all the above are "NO".

I assume my storage will be turned topsy turvy, my apart will look like a tornado hit, that lagg will make everyone look like they have a bungee cord strapped to their arse, mobs will float, water will flow up hill, looot will lagg, ATH's will drop like lyst (till the server is re-booted) and that all matter of other untoward things will go wrong. These I expect.

It's the rest I dont want, as the assumed items will get sorted by MA, or can be sorted by me, PDQ, and without cost.

Q1. Unable to use avatar re creation system.

Q2. NO.

Q3. No.

Q4. Unable to find out.

Q5. Yes.

Q6. On way to off licence.

Armor/Clothing
Armor Foot Guards are finally introduced. No extra damage will be incurred by avatars without Foot Guards until Version Update 9.1.

I am having problems understanding the Swedish/English here.
What is the meaning of the word "finally" in this statement?
Is this something that we are all supposed to have been looking forward to for some time now?

Unless you mean:
"Staff at MA have spent months working on a scheme to force their customers to tie up more unnecesary peds ingame than the sale of CND and the banks combined. Millions of peds. Then with VU 9 "Armor Foot Guards are finally introduced."

If that is the case then the finally fits perfectly, otherwise it is superfluous.

"Armor Foot Guards are introduced." Would have been suficient.

I think that the 2 pec decay thing is a smokescreen to distract people from MA's bigger aim for this VU which is the 7th armor piece.
People will complain about the 2 pec charge and it will eventualy be dropped. Everyone will be happy when that happens and we will be stuck with 7 armor pieces forever.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the way that MA dress up any unpopular statement with complete bullshit.

Anyone that offers a loan except for a bank licencee will have their avatar banned "Because they are a scammer"
There is a 2 pec charge to change your armor "To reduce lag"
Armor Foot Guards are "finally" introduced.

wtf, decay on armor... screw u !

I glad I have good good pc so I wont have problem log in but wow so much changes.

Oh the a plus this puts higher skill tailor on a better footing because they make a clothes at higher base TT and therefor need to fix their clothes less before selling. This makes having higher skill actually a good thing.

After all if your paying 1000 ped for a coat you want it to come in top condition. no end client will pay full price for a damage coat ^.^

Now the decay for putting on stuff... thats just annoying but its only 0.2 penny so its not bug me to to bad. its more the principle huh?

I think that the 2 pec decay thing is a smokescreen to distract people from MA's bigger aim for this VU which is the 7th armor piece.
People will complain about the 2 pec charge and it will eventualy be dropped. Everyone will be happy when that happens and we will be stuck with 7 armor pieces forever.

I can already see "FINNALLY MA LISTENS US OMG!!111" - threads when 2pec tax is removed "upon community's request".

Is this just to decrease value of "complete" high end sets? To force mid+ players depo? To drive ppl towards (L) sets? :scratch2:

Oh the a plus this puts higher skill tailor on a better footing because they make a clothes at higher base TT and therefor need to fix their clothes less before selling. This makes having higher skill actually a good thing.

If that was true , i would be happy...
Sadly , from my test , i havent managed to find out any Big diference in TT on long run , between hight skilled avatar and very low skilled avatar.in the best case , it was an 10% increase on the Outcoming total TT , wich is mainly stoked in the residu part.

As for all other detail , i am not even sure i whant to comment.I have to much to say to resume it in one thread.
seems to me , I have now lost my job.

This guy just read the Content List for VU 9.0

This guy just read the Content List for VU 9.0

thumbnail.jpg

:pimp:

Last edited:
I'm neutral to the 7th piece of armor, we will have until 9.1 to loot it, and imho it will give some motivation to go out and loot the piece that misses to those who are missing it. Of course those usually lazy and with big pockets have opportunity to flex their ped card as well.

I didn't like that because of some p*ssies who are not gamers and therefor "thick" to use aswd for movement we lose the instant action feature on the right click menu.

But what pisses me of is the god damn pile of bullshit that are those 2pecs for just equipping a piece of clothe or armor.

Apart from that, this is a fine VU. :thumbup:

MA, I hate what you have done to my av. I look like shit with a big butt and thunderthighs - look nothing like the initial screen where we chose our av, which was lithe looking.

I hate what you have done to my hat and coat - the hat is now a ridiculous shape and both have lost the look of the prancer leather.

I hate what you have done re charging us every time we put on/take off our armour and clothes - we know you are money grabbing but this is ridiculous.

Well I deposited recently but it will be the last. No more cash from me. If necessary I will find other ways to make money.

Gah, my armor is made of polyurethane foam now, with a cheap looking decal job.

VU9-back.jpg

VU9.jpg

Without bump mapping, this new armor model is teh suck.

Last edited:
Back