EU Corporations in Cryengine?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Marco has mentioned read up on corporations in EU, as they will be taking quite a role in Cryengine release?

What corpoations do we have in the game and what do we know about them?

Edit:
Corporations and what we know about them:

http://unionova.eu/history/corporations.html

Omegation - Weapons and mining tools manufacturer?

Chikara - Refiners and scanners manufacturer?

Genesis Star - Mining tools manufacturer?

DOA -

Camo Arms -

Meckel & Loch -

EBN - Entropia Broadcasting Network, Entropia's main news network. Responsible for bringing up to the moment news on events planet-side.

Castorian melee systems -

A&P (Ashley & Perrin) -

EWE - Earth Weapons Enterprises -

Cempball-Welch -

Dominax Corporation -

FreanD -

Isis Corporation -

Laganaus Arms -

Marber Inc. -

Replica Edge -

Tegratov -

Starkov -

Ravenger -

EMT(crafted)
Hedoc
Vivo (crafted)
Breer(crafted)
Emik(looted)
Svempa(crafted)
Shriek(crafted)
Korss (looted)
VAT- Voronin Avtomat Tactical (looted)
Marber(looted)
Manuari space laboratory (crafted and looted)
Kreigerum(crafted)
Lichter (crafted)
Kaiser_Graf(looted)
Geotrek(crafted)
Fire Forge - interesting blurb on the MOD BGH
Castorian (looted)
Camo Arms (looted)
Montgomery (Anabolic and Diabolic weapon series crafted)

Ziplex (crafted)

M&J - Angel and Nemsis armor
MarCorp - Eon Armor
Sollomate - Hunter, Shadow, Supremacy
K'Ger - Knight and Paladin
Dura Tekk - Settler

NeoPsion - MF implants

Frontier ExcaPro Ventures - small company that improved the Gensis Star excavator.
Illuminox - MOD excavator
Inventrue - Illuminox rivals produced the Adj FAP.
Roman Ram - legendary arms maker (IMP Strike, unique purifier, M71A2 Modified, ASG-3 Adj Warthog)
Ram's apprentice Anubis Geizt-M61A5 Adj
Wells & Adams Co - Adjusted Kangoo

Vexed - real business (sold real and virtual coats and jackets)
Luna Line
Malachai
Renegade Fashion
Silk Line
Spiral Street
Satin Star
Thrill Seeker
Urban Nomad
Zero Legend

Jamhot - Simply gr8 tv :)

Last edited:
Omegaton in particular, but also DOA, Camo Arms and Meckel & Loch spring to mind

there's also Goot (as in goot refiner) which is a subsidiary of another corp if i remember correctly, maybe we'll have crafting missions set by Goot?

Chikara, Genesis Star and EBN spring to mind

Last edited:
Are there any threads I can read on this subject that people might know of?

Even if corporations are included in CE2 it means very little to us if it does not benefit us, I dont want to be the one funding planet disney in the future that is of no use but as an advertisement paid for by me.

(This is the situation took it its extreme)

Chikara (has a logo on armor crafting machines)
Castorian melee systems (or "meele" as the billboard in Omegaton says.. )
A&P (Ashley & Perrin)

Are there any threads I can read on this subject that people might know of?

Even if corporations are included in CE2 it means very little to us if it does not benefit us, I dont want to be the one funding planet disney in the future that is of no use but as an advertisement paid for by me.

(This is the situation took it its extreme)

I think you misunderstand. What we are talking about here are corporations in the Entropia Universe storyline.

I found the quote where Marco hinted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindStar9
[However ... today's news is great news, and it gives renewed hope that our beloved Calypso will now get the attention it so rightly deserves. I have always loved this universe, as has so many, and why we have become so protective of it, especially since you gave this home to us so long ago. I couldn't be happier that our past will be preserved, and that our existence and colonization into the future will not be "lost in space."

Marco's Reply:
Thank you. Me and my team are gearing up slowly to begin the next era of Calypso. We are, however, also bound by the CryENGINE2 integration process, so the major updates will not come before that is ready for release. I will make sure we enter some sort of "prologue" state until that happens, with some glimpses of the upcoming story-arc.

(as I am very excited today I can hint that Omegaton, Chikara, and Genesis Star will be brought back as powerful entities in this)

So in the upcoming story-arc some EU corporations will be powerful entities to me this sounds like factions and missions. I may be completely wrong. What comes to your mind when he mentions powerful entities?

I'll start adding corporations we come up with and any info about them to the initial post.

- there was another quote Marco made in which he mentioned EU corporatios, couln't find that now will look for it later

EWE - Earth Weapons Enterprises

found the other quote that i remembered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam
Hey, now that Marco is CEo over Calypso... Maybe Hadesheim will get a nice film noir scenery. With a PVP outlaw (back alley type) street or something.

Marco replies:
Hadesheim has a special place once the next era starts...

(and I urge you all to read up on which of the three corporations you like the most... ,-)

They will remove ammo from the trade terminals(maybe) and finally implement factories in Hadesheim , these will be the big purchases of 2009.

Factory owners will then be able to 'employ' people to make ammo/or whatever it they make.

;)

Jamhot

FireForge

Affirmative Action Arms

Cempball-Welch

Dominax Corporation

FreanD

Isis Corporation

Laganaus Arms

Marber Inc.

Replica Edge

They will remove ammo from the trade terminals(maybe) and finally implement factories in Hadesheim , these will be the big purchases of 2009.

Ya sure? ;) hope not :D LOL

Omegaton - Calypso's largest manufacturer of hunting, mining and clothing goods.

EBN - Entropia Broadcasting Network, Entropia's main news network. (Apart from JamhotTV, which is way better ;)) Responsible for bringing up to the moment news on events planet-side.

Another few - Sollomate, Svempa and Starkhov

Last edited:
Omegaton - Calypso's largest manufacturer of hunting, mining and clothing goods.

EBN - Entropia Broadcasting Network, Entropia's main news network. Responsible for bringing up to the moment news on events planet-side.

Pffffft at EBN ....JamhotTV ftw!!!

Jamhot

Factory owners will then be able to 'employ' people to make ammo/or whatever it they make.

;)

Jamhot

FireForge

Affirmative Action Arms

This would be absolutely disastrous, to place essential items into the hands of a few would give them a stranglehold over the entire economy and surely put the game into the dark ages.

Single-handedly controlling the economy for a single item takes a lot of finess, you dont want to control it all because then the powers that be step in, and you dont want to put too much off a stranglehold on prices because all it takes is for someone to come along with a new development and put you permenantly into serious problems.

Another problem I see with factories controlling everything is that the rich will subjugate the poor even more so, and this isnt me just ranting this time.

You may get one who decides to buck the trend of overwhelming greed and give workers a fair price, but in order to get his items sold so he can pay he has to cut profits, meaning someone can come in, undercut and drive them out of business making all the poor workers not get paid for their efforts......

Oh yes, this will be such fun...but then again office target practice always is :handgun:

;)

Jamhot

FireForge

Affirmative Action Arms

Hmmm maybe an idea to stock up on ammo while i can !

This would be absolutely disastrous, to place essential items into the hands of a few would give them a stranglehold over the entire economy and surely put the game into the dark ages.

Single-handedly controlling the economy for a single item takes a lot of finess, you dont want to control it all because then the powers that be step in, and you dont want to put too much off a stranglehold on prices because all it takes is for someone to come along with a new development and put you permenantly into serious problems.

Another problem I see with factories controlling everything is that the rich will subjugate the poor even more so, and this isnt me just ranting this time.

You may get one who decides to buck the trend of overwhelming greed and give workers a fair price, but in order to get his items sold so he can pay he has to cut profits, meaning someone can come in, undercut and drive them out of business making all the poor workers not get paid for their efforts......

Oh yes, this will be such fun...but then again office target practice always is :handgun:
Thats why they would sell about 6 Factories, to ensure competition. Ammo is the only way I can see factories working. I can't see another Calypsian commodity thats in such high demand as to require a factory/ies?

There would be TT style terminals outside of each factory. or maybe the factories would be in the actual TT and you could decide who you purchase off. Other than that, they could make probes or bombs for mining?

I don't know, I'm just cluthching at straws. But these things to me seem the most logical way of implementing factories.

Jamhot

Thats why they would sell about 6 Factories, to ensure competition. Ammo is the only way I can see factories working. I can't see another Calypsian commodity thats in such high demand as to require a factory/ies?

There would be TT style terminals outside of each factory. or maybe the factories would be in the actual TT and you could decide who you purchase off. Other than that, they could make probes or bombs for mining?

I don't know, I'm just cluthching at straws. But these things to me seem the most logical way of implementing factories.

Jamhot

Have MA mentioned in the past they wanted to implement factories. That would certainly add credibility to that idea, which allready sounds plausible to me.

Have MA mentioned in the past they wanted to implement factories. That would certainly add credibility to that idea, which allready sounds plausible to me.
Yes, Marco has mentioned this in the past. Their ultimate vision if I'm not mistaken is to have people actually working in virtuality!!!

You can work on a virtual factory line, let's face it it wouldn't be any different from any other profession in EU click, click, click, click, click.

Except hunting , at least thats engaging. No offence to crafters but, yaaawn!

Jamhot

Yes, Marco has mentioned this in the past. Their ultimate vision if I'm not mistaken is to have people actually working in virtuality!!!

You can work on a virtual factory line, let's face it it wouldn't be any different from any other profession in EU click, click, click, click, click.

Except hunting , at least thats engaging. No offence to crafters but, yaaawn!

Jamhot

Intriguing. Well crafting is like a virtual factory allready and instead of crafting things and slinging them into TT machine maybe crafters can then make some materials, tools, weapons etc that are useful for other professions. Certainly a lot to think about there...

Could also be corporations behind Tegratov and Starkov.

Will certainly be interesting to see what MA do with the corporations, whatever they do it can only make EU better I think.

Will certainly be interesting to see what MA do with the corporations, whatever they do it can only make EU better I think.

yeah, it should be... not long now i think

Thats why they would sell about 6 Factories, to ensure competition.

yeah until the cartel is made ;)

they have... several times :rolleyes:

Jamhot

Dont count on it, we all know of the money grabbing tactics used by some, following the lead of Mindark...what is to stop this 6 factories or corporations getting together and making sure no one owner of a factory sells for less than 10pec per bullet?

Absolutely nothing if they control all production.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely ~ Jean Luc Picard.

Though the above is but a quote there is a good message there, the last thing you want to be doing is giving just a few people everything...the reason the economy works so well right now compared to how it could be (dont worry...I have seen worse) is because there are too many people working autominouesly and no one person can effectively control them all.

The same principle would happen if someone managed to buy all the hangars in Entropia, they could effectively hold someone very famous to ransom.

This is the reason people in real life are never allowed to control everything, though in "computer games" there are no such laws, you can do whatever the hell you like it appears.

Have you looked on Unionova's site? or EP? or possubly virtualmindhive if they still have a history section... (it may have gone) I think the other two certainly might have more info on the big ones like chikara and Omegaton is possibly the most important of them all as they had the contract on the probe that found Calypso iirc and built the first colonisation vessels. Theres also more info on them in The Gate story.

Man I really need to re read all this old stuff. So much great stuff is almost forgotten :(

Wistrel

edit: aha!

Dont count on it, we all know of the money grabbing tactics used by some, following the lead of Mindark...what is to stop this 6 factories or corporations getting together and making sure no one owner of a factory sells for less than 10pec per bullet?

Absolutely nothing if they control all production.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely ~ Jean Luc Picard.

Though the above is but a quote there is a good message there, the last thing you want to be doing is giving just a few people everything...the reason the economy works so well right now compared to how it could be (dont worry...I have seen worse) is because there are too many people working autominouesly and no one person can effectively control them all.

The same principle would happen if someone managed to buy all the hangars in Entropia, they could effectively hold someone very famous to ransom.

This is the reason people in real life are never allowed to control everything, though in "computer games" there are no such laws, you can do whatever the hell you like it appears.

true thats the type of situation we see with the pilots, they have a line system and seem to mostly agree on charging a set fee (with a few exceptional pilots who may not).

Having said that, there is a solution to every problem. Hopefully MA would learrn from the past and to induce competition they could build something into the system e.g. max markup on sales of ammo by factory 103%

Have you looked on Unionova's site? or EP? or possubly virtualmindhive if they still have a history section... (it may have gone) I think the other two certainly might have more info on the big ones like chikara and Omegaton is possibly the most important of them all as they had the contract on the probe that found Calypso iirc and built the first colonisation vessels. Theres also more info on them in The Gate story.

Man I really need to re read all this old stuff. So much great stuff is almost forgotten :(

Wistrel

edit: aha!

Excellent work Wistrel, thanks for that info - updating original post with that useful link.

Back