Forum Transition: Status Update

It seems this link was not added to the forum, but only to one of the skins. So, it only shows up with the default skin, but not for example the vBulletin default skin. So, Something to fix :)

The default template is just what the name says: default (i.e. stock vBulletin); no edits or customizations are made to that template.

If you decide to use the default template rather than one of the PCF custom templates, you risk not having access to all available custom features and addons made for the forum.

Is it possible to have the way EF screenshots were handled back to how it was before, I can just about handle the new way (thanks to Immortal) but theres plenty of other people who find it a P.I.T.A.

It was super easy and user friendly before, now its.... not.

I believe you are referring to the handy image link in the post editor (below the smilies), which allowed one to easily embed images from the gallery into a post without the need for cutting and pasting URLs from the gallery.

I hope to have this feature restored soon. I agree it was a very convenient timesaver.

The Photo Popup tool allowing for quick and easy embedding of images from albums and the forum gallery into posts has been restored.

To add one of your uploaded images to a post, simply click the Link Images link below the smilies box in the right side of the post editor interface:

attachment.php

A popup will be launched where one can select either album or gallery images, along with several methods of embedding.

Enjoy :cool:

The Photo Popup tool allowing for quick and easy embedding of images from albums and the forum gallery into posts has been restored.

To add one of your uploaded images to a post, simply click the Link Images link below the smilies box in the right side of the post editor interface:

attachment.php

A popup will be launched where one can select either album or gallery images, along with several methods of embedding.

Testing!! :yup: works !! :) Ty again for your hard work!! :woot:

attachment.php

YAY!!!!! I think I just had an orgasm!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

When will we be able to hide certain forums?

You don't need to "select" anything. The download feature grabs all PMs in that folder (inbox, sent, etc.), there's no choice.

Just push XML, CSV, or Text depending on which format you need.

However, keep in mind it downloads them all, but does NOT delete them. That must be done separately if you are looking to thin out your inbox.

actually, doesn't seem to work that way.
I can't download all my priv. messages to a .text format.

this is what i do:
- User CP
- Inbox
- Select all messages (314). This is where it goes wrong i think, it only selects 25 then (what page is viewing).
- Scroll down and "selected messages (25)".
- Then i can save them as a .text but it only saves 25 instead of the 314 i asked for.

ciao

actually, doesn't seem to work that way.
I can't download all my priv. messages to a .text format.

this is what i do:
- User CP
- Inbox
- Select all messages (314). This is where it goes wrong i think, it only selects 25 then (what page is viewing).
- Scroll down and "selected messages (25)".
- Then i can save them as a .text but it only saves 25 instead of the 314 i asked for.

ciao

Like I said, don't "select" anything. Simply:

1. Go to your inbox
  2. Scroll to the bottom
  3. Push "TEXT"
  4. Save in your location

Done :)

CFD Shop Launched

I am happy to report that the sparkly new CFD Shop has been launched, offering username/title customizations and Calypso-themed icons.

Also, an updated CFD System Overview guide has been posted in the Calypso Forum Dollars forum.

hummm... it is not completed... I wnat see my icons

hummm... it is not completed... I wnat see my icons

You have to re-buy them. The amount they cost u have been refunded to you :)

It's great to have the icons back - just achievements, gender,activity and longevity on the left pane to add now I think - assuming FPC want everything restored ?

:)

Thanks for adding the "Dev Posts" Tool. Only thing is in search the colors are way off i cant read more then the first title bright blue part.

EntropiaForum Relaunched

Just a quick update on the one of the final steps in the forum transition process: EntropiaForum has been relaunched, with a more generalized focus on all of the planets within Entropia Universe.

As explained when the transition to PCF was first announced, members will need to re-register on the new EntropiaForum, as all member accounts and data were transferred to PCF during the transition.

Just a quick update on the one of the final steps in the forum transition process: EntropiaForum has been relaunched, with a more generalized focus on all of the planets within Entropia Universe.

As explained when the transition to PCF was first announced, members will need to re-register on the new EntropiaForum, as all member accounts and data were transferred to PCF during the transition.

The image verification during registration doesn't seem to work. The entire box is empty. In other words I can't register there. :(

The image verification during registration doesn't seem to work. The entire box is empty. In other words I can't register there. :(

Others are registering without any problems. Perhaps try using a different browser?

It's great to have the icons back - just achievements, gender,activity and longevity on the left pane to add now I think - assuming FPC want everything restored ?

:)

Are any of these still on a "to do" list 711 ?

Can I transfer my CFD back to EFD? :D

Are any of these still on a "to do" list 711 ?

Real-world and in-game gender icons have now been added to the member info area to the left of each post. Note that these icons will only display if a member has specified one of the genders in their User CP > Edit Profle.

Longevity is already displayed in the member info area (just under the avatar), and is displayed as:

Achievements and fame are displayed on member profiles, under the About Me tab.

Activity rankings (and possible reinstatement of the Senior Member program) are on-hold for now, pending FPC's decision on if/how to implement those features here on PCF.

If I click on "Search Thread" (e.g. in this thread), "Advanced Search" and enter my username, the posts are sorted with the oldest first. It makes sense to change that to work like every other search to have latest posts first.

If I click on "Search Thread" (e.g. in this thread), "Advanced Search" and enter my username, the posts are sorted with the oldest first. It makes sense to change that to work like every other search to have latest posts first.

This happens because the default sort order when searching threads is oldest first. This behavior mirrors the way threads are displayed: the newest post in a thread is always on the last page. Nothing has been changed, this is how thread searches always worked on EF.

Other types of searches (i.e. site-wide and forum searches, along with the New Posts and Dev Posts search shortcuts) default to the more familiar 'newest first' sort order.

If you would like to sort by latest posts when doing a search within a thread , you can change the sort order in the advanced search form.

Ok, so then my problem is that the "Sort Results by"-fields show "Last Posting Date" and "in Descending Order". Descending would mean that the highest date (i.e., the latest) comes first.

No? :scratch2:

Ok, so then my problem is that the "Sort Results by"-fields show "Last Posting Date" and "in Descending Order". Descending would mean that the highest date (i.e., the latest) comes first.

No? :scratch2:

Just tested, and it seems that there is a problem specifying sort order when searching within threads. Choosing either Ascending or Descending both result in posts being sorted oldest first.

This might actually be a bug in the new vBulletin search interface. I'll investigate and see if I can get it working as it should.

I've only just noticed this announcement.

I started parallel threads on both EF and PCF about the relationship between the two because I thought it might be helpful. Maybe not though :scratch2: :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?200567-So-what-s-the-plan

Is anything going to change with what email you register with? I hear alot of ppl saying they can't register with hotmail, yahoo, gmail. :scratch2:

I have temporarily removed the restriction on Hotmail and Gmail addresses.

For all those that tried to register and couldn't :)

Avatar Image dimensions are microscopic...

Avar image size is set to a maximum of 80 x 80 which is quite small.

Those with older accounts appear to have their larger images retained - and if they chose to change their image they too will be restricted to 80 x 80.

Can the site admin increase the allowable size to say 120x120 or 100 x 200 or whatever maximum may fit without compromising the posting template.

Last edited:
Back