Forum Transition: Status Update

any chance of getting dates shown in our local format.

The date display format is a forum-wide setting and unfortunately cannot be set on an individual basis. Allowing users to select a preferred date format is a feature that has been requested by vBulletin admins for years, but so far has not been implemented.

PCF uses the mm/dd/yyyy date format (inherited from EF, where it was used for over 5 years), because many of our members have grown used to seeing that format on the forum, even those from countries that use the dd/mm/yyyy format.

i think the PCF chat should have a more visible place to access it, more like EF had. Barely noticed it had returned.

I have rearranged the navbar items so that the chat link is visible in the top row, and now displays how many members are in the chatroom.

I have rearranged the navbar items so that the chat link is visible in the top row, and now displays how many members are in the chatroom.

Ask and ye shall receive!! All in due time! :D
Ty you again for working hard to bring us a new and exciting place to visit!! :yay:

The date display format is a forum-wide setting and unfortunately cannot be set on an individual basis. Allowing users to select a preferred date format is a feature that has been requested by vBulletin admins for years, but so far has not been implemented.

PCF uses the mm/dd/yyyy date format (inherited from EF, where it was used for over 5 years), because many of our members have grown used to seeing that format on the forum, even those from countries that use the dd/mm/yyyy format.

I never got used to that format (and I don't get used to this on any other place on this Internet-thing). In case of doubt I always check further posts to see if it's month first or not.

Therefore, I really really really beg and wish for setting it to yyyy-mm-dd as that's the format nobody can misinterpret.

Forum Dollar System Restored

The forum currency system has been now been restored. :yay:

Formerly known as EFD (Entropia Forum Dollars), the forum currency is now called CFD (Calypso Forum Dollars) and is earned by being active on the forum by visiting, starting threads, making posts, voting in polls, etc.

All members' EFD balances have been carried over from EntropiaForum. Checking and savings balances have been combined into a single (non-interest earning) CFD account.

Members can view their current CFD balance by clicking the CFD link in the top navigation bar. The balance displayed there can be clicked to view a detailed CFD transaction history page.

A CFD Shop will be opened within the next several days where members can use their accumulated CFDs to purchase username effects (glow, underline, color, shadow, etc.), as well as Calypso-themed icons that are displayed in the avatar info area to the left of every forum post.

darn bertha is rich

btw,
trying to save all my private messages to a .txt file.
Can't see,m to select all messages at once tho, do i have to do it page by page?

When i select all messages (in top right corner) it only selects the ones on the page i'm looking at.

Ciao

Last edited:
Whooo! I'm rich again!!! Or well... I have some virtual dollars

Yep virtual Calypso Forum Dollars.

Cha.. Ching? :)

btw,
trying to save all my private messages to a .txt file.
Can't see,m to select all messages at once tho, do i have to do it page by page?

When i select all messages (in top right corner) it only selects the ones on the page i'm looking at.

You don't need to "select" anything. The download feature grabs all PMs in that folder (inbox, sent, etc.), there's no choice.

Just push XML, CSV, or Text depending on which format you need.

However, keep in mind it downloads them all, but does NOT delete them. That must be done separately if you are looking to thin out your inbox.

All members' EFD balances have been carried over from EntropiaForum. Checking and savings balances have been combined into a single (non-interest earning) CFD account.
A CFD Shop will be opened within the next several days where members can use their accumulated CFDs to purchase username effects (glow, underline, color, shadow, etc.), as well as Calypso-themed icons that are displayed in the avatar info area to the left of every forum post.

Just a couple of questions :

1. Will the 'savings' account (with interest) be returned in the future?
2. Will the icons already purchased be replaced or do we have to buy them again ?

Good job on getting the EFDs back!

Also interested in:

2. Will the icons already purchased be replaced or do we have to buy them again ?

yeah was wondering the same thing.

Also will we get our senior memberships back, or are they gone for good?

The Feature i miss most is the search for all FPC/MA posts.

You will all be happy to hear that the search shortcut for FPC/MindArk official posts is now operational. A link to this search shortcut (called 'Dev Posts' has been added to the navigation bar at the top of every page in the forum section.

Here is the URL for members who wish to bookmark the search shortcut directly:

Code:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/search.php?do=process&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1&dev

Enjoy :cool:

1. There is no plan to add a bank-like system that earns interest on CFDs. The purpose of the CFD system is to encourage members to be active on the forum, and to reward them for their contributions and participation. Sitting on a large pile of CFDs earning interest undermines that purpose.

2. All of the data related to EFD Icons purchased on EntropiaForum has been retained, and is stored safely in the PCF database. A new icon shop will be launched, with all of the familiar Calypso-themed postbit icons available for purchase. I will try my best to import each member's purchased icons into the new CPF shop system. If that cannot be accomplished, members will receive CFD reimbursements for all previously purchased icons, so that they can repurchase the icons in the new shop (prices will be the same as on EF).

Good to see EFD/CFD back, yesterday I had 52,000. Today I login to see zero:

zero_cfd.jpg

Am I bugged or did I miss some change?

zero_cfd.jpg

I am working on the CFD system at the moment. Rest assured that all members' CFD balances are safe and sound in the database.

I had 6965 CFD yesterday, currently i got 5.
Guess they are really virtual :silly2:
Please correct it.

I am working on the CFD system at the moment. Rest assured that all members' CFD balances are safe and sound in the database.

Good.

There are two 'databases' now, the old with the high number of CFD's and the ones we currently have collected, by the posts like this one.
So these two sources needed to be added to each other obviously :D

Ehm, you are indeed working on it right now. I had 18 CFD earned, suddenly I got the old number bacj 6965 (without the 18 earned in the meantime), than 6958, which is less!!! :confused:

I better stop my activity, before it drops below zero :cry:

Last edited:

I hope Mindark never work on the PED balance system, it'd cause heart attacks! :eek:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Good.

There are two 'databases' now, the old with the high number of CFD's and the ones we currently have collected, by the posts like this one.
So these two sources needed to be added to each other obviously :D

Ehm, you are indeed working on it right now. I had 18 CFD earned, suddenly I got the old number bacj 6965 (without the 18 earned in the meantime), than 6958, which is less!!! :confused:

I better stop my activity, before it drops below zero :cry:

I hope this is a joke. I'm pretty thrilled that the efd/cfd is back, but don't bother neomaven with two cfd databases...

I hope this is a joke. I'm pretty thrilled that the efd/cfd is back, but don't bother neomaven with two cfd databases...
Absolutely no joke!
I did have 6965 EFD yesterday, so that's the backup database so to speak.
This morning I had 0 EFD and made some posts. Then I read about the CFD maintenance, so I noticed how many CFD's I had at that time and after a some posts I had 18 CFD. This would be the '2nd' database as this was gained during maintenance.

Than I got 6958 while being online, which stayed frozen even by making some posts and I left. So apprently the backup was restored, but it was an older backup, than when I left yesterday :eek:

I'm now back online making this post while still having 6958 CFD (which should have been 6965+18=6983).

I'm just glad too, like Mega, that;
I hope Mindark never work on the PED balance system, it'd cause heart attacks! :eek:.

Added:
OOOOH AND NO JOKE EITHER, MAKING THIS POST MADE MY CFD GO LOWER TO 6955!!!

I'm not trying to be negative, merely pointing out the consequences of the maintenance. No need to somehow judge a post and substract CFD with each post :laugh:

Added:
I'm out of here CFD is dropping further 6951 :cry:

Added:
I'm not sure what is going on, CFD is up to 6957. Somehow a certain activity substracts CFD and another add CFD. Not sure which activity, posting, reading, your posts read by others, is adding or substracting CFD. There is a post about editing your own post and making the post shorter, makes the CFD you earned recalculated and less! https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...osting-CFD-s&p=2588187&viewfull=1#post2588187

Well tested this, and CFD effectively goes down when editing a post. Even by writing this and extending the text does not give you more EFD, but it goes down. I think we better refrain from editing posts.

Last edited:
uh, is efd that's left on entropiaforum.com going to be transferred over to cfd amount? I'm assuming it would, but just asking. Does not impact me much at the moment since balance is low over there on my avatar there, but might be fairly high on other folk's avatars (Nihilist, etc.)...

uh, is efd that's left on entropiaforum.com going to be transferred over to cfd amount? I'm assuming it would, but just asking. Does not impact me much at the moment since balance is low over there on my avatar there, but might be fairly high on other folk's avatars (Nihilist, etc.)...

This was addressed a few posts above, where I announced that the CFD system was operational:

The forum currency system has been now been restored. :yay:

Formerly known as EFD (Entropia Forum Dollars), the forum currency is now called CFD (Calypso Forum Dollars) and is earned by being active on the forum by visiting, starting threads, making posts, voting in polls, etc.

Members can view their current CFD balance by clicking the CFD link in the top navigation bar. The balance displayed there can be clicked to view a detailed CFD transaction history page.

A link to this search shortcut (called 'Dev Posts' has been added to the navigation bar at the top of every page in the forum section.

It seems this link was not added to the forum, but only to one of the skins. So, it only shows up with the default skin, but not for example the vBulletin default skin. So, Something to fix :)

Is it possible to have the way EF screenshots were handled back to how it was before, I can just about handle the new way (thanks to Immortal) but theres plenty of other people who find it a P.I.T.A.

It was super easy and user friendly before, now its.... not.

Back