a plee to future and current LA/Planet owners

jenny ferr

Elite
Society
Modified Perception
Jennifer Jenny ferr
Make sure you're CAPS LOCK key isn't active when creating your custom LA message or to planet owners when creating new items or creatures

OR AM I ALONE IN FINDING THIS INCREDIBLE ANNOYING?

Hahaha i have to agree

Make sure you're CAPS LOCK key isn't active when creating your custom LA message or to planet owners when creating new items or creatures

Land owers have to pay for having these advertisments.
One day, we may have to pay to have an "Ignore" feature on them.

:laugh:

Couldn't agree more, I think there should be an offical standard on naming.
What is next :

"AtAmiS PaRaDiSe MoLisK AnD MeRpS On LA51 aNd La52 ... YEEEAAAAAAHHH !!!!!!! "

in different colors with differen font sizes ? :laugh:

What is next :

don't forget to do a audio popup as well lol

CAPS LOCK'd
lullerburger

I AGREE I HaTe IT sO HArD tO REad ANYTHING

I think there should be a character limit as well. I personally don't care that your LA revive is at location(xxxxx,yyyyy) NW of wolverine hope.

You must be talking about all them "F.O.M.A" global/HoF chat messages.....

Menace

Forum seems to stop all caps. Darn :)

There should be guidelines in place for people naming their LAs etc. The first few people who did it were sensible about it, but then people started to push it with ridiculously long names and capitals which amount to spam when there are a lot of them coming, e.g. if there's an event on.

MA/FPC should be able and willing to veto a requested name or have some set limits to word count and capitalisation.

However I imagine that they are more concerned with pocketing as much cash as possible from landowners so I doubt this will happen any time soon.

In the meantime perhaps landowners could be more aware of how much they can irritate the community with annoying names, which is probably not great for business.

In the meantime perhaps landowners could be more aware of how much they can irritate the community with annoying names, which is probably not great for business.

I'm not going to hunt "XXX" mob cuz like hell do I want to see that stupid LA name in my ATH message! :confused:

Menace

Exactly my thoughts! All the capitals are very annoying! I don't understand why it would be so hard to have some basic guidelines. It seems some land owners lack common sense. Yesterday, I have disabled global chat for the first time... much more relaxed gaming.

I personally am not all that bothered by the caps. I do however believe that the current state of the economy is the reason for the caps. People are trying to utilize every edge they can think of to make ends meet in game. On the internet everywhere (not just here within this community) I find that many consider caps "yelling" and thus become annoyed by it. I just haven't seen the logic in reading something in caps and taking it personally.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though and everyone has personal preferences. I just hate like hell that land area owners are now going to be forced by the community to conform to the text preferences of a portion of that community or fear that people will refuse to hunt/mine their land because of a few too many capital letters.

In fact... it's almost shameful that so many will complain about land area names like this. I mean... realistically... when a global pops up in chat no matter what the LA name is, it doesn't jump out and slap us in the face if it's in caps.

Menace

I disagree with you, Menance, but that's ok.

I agree.. The CAPS and the (!) should go...
It makes it more SPAMMY! then it already is.

SEPERATE! Global lists for the planets would also be NICE!

Tooooo much GLOBALS! Flying around NOW!, I HATE IT when i miss a GZ! from my SOC! (KIDDING!)

OW.. and I when I hof or global I want my name in CAPS, BOLD, COLORED AND BLINKING!

TRISBRUCE BOLIVAR DIGRIZ

DAMMIT! NEVERMIND!.. CLUB NEVERMIND!

Last edited:
I think there should be a character limit as well. I personally don't care that your LA revive is at location(xxxxx,yyyyy) NW of wolverine hope.

Agreed! That's annoying as hell.

The caps are handy in their own way. I spot CLUB EGO and skip the rest of the message.

That doesn't mean Calypso should do the same. It will be annoying if my monthly global gets announcened as FIRST PLANET CALYPSO WHERE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE STARTED!! LOVES FROM MARCO!!!!

:lolup::cool::lolup:

What is next :

You can use numbers instead of letters as well :wise:

You must be talking about all them "F.O.M.A" global/HoF chat messages.....

Menace
Yes, that F.O.M.A. - FORTUNA is what made me create this thread you're perfectly right on that.(which I said in his win 5k ped thread too)

why would it be so hard to name it F.O.M.A. - Fortuna instead, much less annoying.
Not to mention the new CLUB NEVERDIE message, was club NEVERDIE not enough for ones ego? (yeah yeah jump on me for criticizing him once again who cares, but it's not about him at all this time it's about everyone)

I agree with too long messages too but so far I have just seen one of those(I think) and hope others dont copy that behavior either

PS. not so much for rules and regulations as I am for common sense... (yes I know we are international but common sense are too)

Yes, that F.O.M.A. - FORTUNA is what made me create this thread you're perfectly right on that.(which I said in his win 5k ped thread too)

why would it be so hard to name it F.O.M.A. - Fortuna instead, much less annoying.
Not to mention the new CLUB NEVERDIE message, was club NEVERDIE not enough for ones ego? (yeah yeah jump on me for criticizing him once again who cares, but it's not about him at all this time it's about everyone)

I agree with too long messages too but so far I have just seen one of those(I think) and hope others dont copy that behavior either

PS. not so much for rules and regulations as I am for common sense... (yes I know we are international but common sense are too)
Just buy the place from FOMA and put your own sweet short and simple name on it, problem solved.

Just buy the place from FOMA and put your own sweet short and simple name on it, problem solved.
so because I dont own it I cant let my voice be heard you say? and this it NOT against him it's just that his FORTUNA made me see a need to make this thread, read what you quote please

And I would never put my name on it :p (just sarcasm dont read anything at all into this line please)

Jennifer Jenny ferr killed a creature (noobwhiner young) with an value of 1456ped at ItriedtocomeupwithacoolnameformyLA.Buthellthisissohard!toomuchletterstooshortohwtfIusethisforthename! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Yes indeed LA names can be anoying. ;)

Just buy the place from Planet Calypso and put as many items in your shop as you want, problem solved.

Oh wait, wrong thread.

:smash::offtopic::smash:

so what you are saying is that by using all caps they get your attention every time .

so what you are saying is that by using all caps they get your attention every time .
They might get my attention, but it's not the attention they want to get if you know what I mean...

Back