We demand change to lootable PVP in space

What should be done with lootable pvp in space

• Lootable PVP should be removed

Votes: 134 32.9%
  • Lootable PVP should be changed (loot comes from loot pool and not inventory)

Votes: 55 13.5%
  • Leave it just as it is

Votes: 169 41.5%
  • I dont care

Votes: 49 12.0%

• Total voters
Here's another idea to combat pirates: Travel in groups.

Hire people in your society to protect you as you travel. If you stand to make a lot of money from trading, you should be able to afford to pay them fuel and repair costs if they get killed. Since there are multiple targets, with only one having any stackables, pirates wont know which to go for. If they start getting attacked by your hired guns, they'll have no choice but to fight back and defend themselves or die, giving you a chance to escape.

Remember, it's not like there are people in space that have modfaps, infiltrator and tangos. It's a level playing field.

There are solutions to the problem if you use your noggin...

Got a problem with the thread title being "We demand change to lootable PVP in space" while at the same time taking a poll to actually see what "We demand".

Take the poll first and actually see if the demand is to change it rather than demand it and try to convince everyone that they want it changed.

Too long to read sorry..
:)

may be you are too short sighted too j/k :eyecrazy:

Nah, i get your point. Still it's not really valid. There is a planet, that planet should have its own economy. If you choose to venture into interplanetary trade etc.. It's your choice, no one is forcing you.

But be prepared to take the risk. Since when is the flying to space safe? :)

I can tell you about my experience. I've been playing here in EU since 2009. I play here for fun and skilling... and deposited enough over the last 2 yrs. Based on my stats (hp-165 agility - 88) i guess you can figure out my deposit over the last 2 yrs.

I've learned that MU is the key. So, nowadays I'm very reluctant to TT my loot... I accumulate.. and sell them when the price is right... I've moved from planet to planet mainly driven by hunting. But i'm also carrrying my loots (mostly oils and other non- planet specific items) where ever i get the better MU. I"m sure this is the experience of the vast majory of the EU population.

Low-mid level and mid level players are the cash cow for EU. We buy gears (weapons and armors) with hight MU and sell our loots in tt terminal or at best low MU (not that many items we loot have high MU). So we are bleeding constantly.. cost to play this game at this level is very high... and in the end majority of them either become mostly inactive or quit the game...This is the reason why EU population is not exapnding. Rather in last 2 yrs the population has decreased.. MA's revenue has declined too...

Now with lootable space MA is basically interfering with the activities (travelling from one planet to another with loots like oils and others which are not planet specific) of the majority of the players. MA has botched the excitement/enthusiasm of most players with this lootable space.

keep reading

I really don't know what MindArk was thinking in this respect, because we sure don't see the majority of the population choosing to enter lootable PvP on planets - they know what the risk is. Regular PvP is fun in a controled environment that allows people to test and fine-tune their PK skills, but there's no risk in losing anything, and why there are those (even myself) who engage it in for the fun of it. However, entering lootable PvP should not be a situation where people are forced to risk losing real money in order to continue experiencing EU and their profession as they have, but rather an environment for those who want the adrenaline rush and risk.

So, alineating the majorty of the players to satisfy a few won't bode well for the future of EU!
Now, I'm at NI doing nothing.. just wandering arround in this planet... coz I won't be able to sell my loot here... and i can't carry my loot to other planets... So.. MA is forcing me to become inactive...Oddly enough... Now i'm liking it :) At least i'm not wasting my money anymore :)

Last edited:
In real life if you can kill someone in cold blood and loot his "stackables".

In Entropia space one can now kill anyone in cold blood and loot his "stackables".

In real life if you kill someone you're sent to prison for 20 years to life.

In Entropia ? nothing.

Players supporting this are insane.

I suggest that players killing and looting other players in space, a forced pvp zone, should be banned for 2 months to 12 depending on the severity of the loot and property damage.

---

For those missing the point, "stackables" have real value in both Entropia and real life but in Entropia criminals are encouraged. Good game MA.

I think what you're missing in all of this is that it's not just about the stackables, but what they're used for, and the fact that crafters require certain resources in order to craft blueprints with recipes that need materials not all located on one planet. Therefore, travel through lootable PvP is absolutely necessary in order to transport the needed resources to the planet where the crafter is located - whether that's by the crafter themselves, or via a service provided by others.

Your general statement is not true. Crafters do not require resource from several planets - crafters can use resources from several planets, crafters are a privileged profession in that they can click any blueprint on any planet, while hunting say Oro must happen on Arkadia.

The existence of a single BP that takes resources from multiple planets does not materially change this. Not just that, but a non-trivial amount of crafting has for years depended on materials only available from lootable PvP areas.

Just one Idea...

Looks like its all messed up lol. Then, why just dont create a bounty hunt to some space pirates and create a jail for their kills? Lets complete the chaos here lol.

OMG - Really?

"OMG - I have to change my playing style that was based on a temporary set of circumstances."

"OMG - I used to be able to make lots of peds with no risk by taking advantage of a temporary set of circumstances."

"OMG - This new thing does not work how I wanted it to, so it must be the end of the universe."

Sorry, but this thread is completely backwards. Stop whining and think beyond yourself.

Space has been implemented essentially as intended, and now our role is to to adapt. Taking legitimate advantage of temporary sets of circumstances is the fundamental tenet of adapt or perish. It is how smart players continue to thrive amidst the changes of a dynamic environment. Whining on the forums and demanding changes from MA is for losers.

This is not the end of the universe, it is the beginning.

:beerchug:
Miles

I like the pvp in space, at least a big of trilling :)

and I am sure that when hangar ships will come there will be the way to travel without risk.

anyway in space the vehicles do the difference and not skills, better than planet pvp for sure imho

Haha, all this fuss about nothing and only because MindArk keeps doing things in reverse order.

If space would have been implemented first, before any new planets, and it would have been lootable PvP and then later the planets would have come, nobody would complain. It would have been seen as optional opportunity, much like mining and hunting in PvP4.

It was announced that interplanetary teleporting is just a temporary workaround, so one would think we was all prepared.

But thats not how customers psychology works! Sometimes it seem to me the folks at MindArk expect us to be reasonable and logic, how ridiculous is that!

Isn't it funny how MindArk manages to make something feel "nerfisch" that would have been a exciting and natural progress of the plattform if it would have been done just in the right order and timeframe? ;)

Anyway, i always thought i will be playing EU for a long time, years.. decades hopefully. So even as a rather new player, in example when we got the big skill gain nerf, i leaned back and did try to understand what MindArk tries to do here on the long term.

Often i wasn't happy about the change, often it was to my disadvantage, or so it seemed at the time. Often changes came with an promise that did not get fulfilled in what the regular customer might see as reasonable timeframe.

But one thing i learned for sure: what seemed a nerf at some point often turned out to be a opportunity later.

Gonna have the same relaxed view on lootable space and will see whats there to come. :)

Well, I think the poll should speak for itself.... The OP made the very rash assumption that because his easy trade route was lost that every player would be outraged. The truth of the matter is that the poll is very even and more than half the voters do not believe that we should "demand" a change.

I like the idea... it makes interplanetary travel something that you need to think about/plan. It certainly doesnt mean that no one can go to space or to other planets. Take no stackables with you and the pirates dont get a ped out of you.

Personally I have never been into a pvp zone on the planet.... I am not a pker (at present lol) BUT I am looking forward to getting into space.

By the same token I have never been to any of the new planets.... I did not want to pay the teleport costs and was happier on Calypso. Now I feel an urge to take on space and go explore. (Maybe try a bit of trading - but probably NOT stackables lol)

I just think if space was not pvp it would have been a very long and boring change from teleportaion.... ??? Why sit in a space ship for hours when we could just tele before. :eyecrazy:

Anyhow as stated it seems the community is pretty much split 50/50 and the supporters of pvp are far from the handful of pkers out there. I think the wise thing to do is see how it goes, see how things develop and see if any new ideas can be thought of to improve things as it goes (Alices thread is a great example of this). The title of this thread really p*ssed me off when I read it (which was before the space update was even implemented) and I am pleased to see the poll results and that there is a very good percentage of people prepared to see how it pans out.

GL and Happy Hoffing
Lightening

Your general statement is not true. Crafters do not require resource from several planets - crafters can use resources from several planets, crafters are a privileged profession in that they can click any blueprint on any planet, while hunting say Oro must happen on Arkadia.

The existence of a single BP that takes resources from multiple planets does not materially change this. Not just that, but a non-trivial amount of crafting has for years depended on materials only available from lootable PvP areas.

Crafters can use resources from different planets, but they are still required in order to craft certain blueprints where all resources are not available on one planet. You're playing with syntax here, because it's very clear that there are blueprints that require resources from more than one planet. Also, I would venture to say that there are far more blueprint recipes that don't require resources from lootable PvP on planets than do - and we also saw some of those resources show up on Next Island in non-lootable PvP which many bitched about for days, but that was just one other planet, not all.

As an example of blueprints that require resources from multiple planets: I am on Arkadia, and I plan on doing a bit of crafting, mining and hunting to help out the economy, and last night I decided that I was going to try just a simple Technician blueprint (Bullseye 1), but then I discovered that it required Frigulite, which is not available on Arkadia. Therefore, I wasn't able to craft the item. I noticed this with several other blueprints as well where certain ingredients were not available on Arkadia, but other planets, even blueprints I bought at auction.

Another (perfect) example would be Welding Wire - the recipe calls for ingredients that can be found on Arkadia (Ospra) and ROCKtropia (Alternative Ingot), that you won't find on Calypso or Next Island. I don't think anyone will debate that each planet is going to need a steady supply of Welding Wire in order to repair their vehicles, whether flying into space or not, because that's just one more thing that MA added into the mix that's going to cost us more money if we want to use our vehicles.

You're basically dismissing the crafting profession by saying that they don't require resources from other planets, but are a privileged profession in that they can use them when on whatever planet they happen to be on. What you're forgetting here - is that no matter what planet you're on, there are going to be blueprints that people have crafted in the past where the resources will not all be available on that planet - some will, some won't.

If you're saying to crafters that they should craft blueprints that have just the resources available on the planet they happen to be on, then that's telling them that they are not privileged enough to develop their profession like any other profession. Would you be so brazen and tell hunters and miners that they can only hunt and mine on the planet they reside and sell only the loot that crafters can use on that planet - dispensing with the rest?

I really think not, and you can't compare professions in that respect either. Hunters and miners need to sell their goods to other professions who use them, and if some of their loot ends up being resources needed by crafters on other planets, then one of two things is going to happen - crafters either have to travel to that planet for the resources, or the hunters or miners will have to transport the resources to other planets where they will sell.

As I said, I like the forced independence, and that each planet has to work together as a community to make sure they have the resources they need to develop their economy even more. It opens up a whole new dimension to trade, as I think it should be, but to put communities at risk whose economies are very young except for Calypso by forcing travel through a lootable PvP is to me not something that was very well thought out.

When Calypso started what, 11 years ago - it sure as hell didn't have the population it does now, and it definitely took some time to build it up, it doesn't happen overnight. However, even with the recent changes, I believe there is definitely an opportunity here to continue building economies, but not so successfully with lootable PvP.

And just as an additional side-note ... every Entropian doesn't belong to a society, and every Entropian doesn't have the means available to hire a group for protection, or even pay the prices to take the risk of traveling through space in hopes of either transporting resources they need, or going somewhere else to get them. Every Entropian should be able to choose whatever profession they want, and have the opportunity to develop that profession according to the new system in place without risking their real money to do so.

And please don't compare real life to virtual for me, because in real life, taking a risk is a choice - whether it's playing the stock market, starting up a new business, walking through a more dangerous neighborhood, whatever the case may be - we know what the dynamics are, and we know what is needed in order to accomplish our goals successfully, but ... we are not forced to enter a danger zone with the potential of losing resources in order to do it - the only way this generally happens if through poor decision management - which again is a choice.

"OMG - I have to change my playing style that was based on a temporary set of circumstances."

"OMG - I used to be able to make lots of peds with no risk by taking advantage of a temporary set of circumstances."

"OMG - This new thing does not work how I wanted it to, so it must be the end of the universe."

Sorry, but this thread is completely backwards. Stop whining and think beyond yourself.

Space has been implemented essentially as intended, and now our role is to to adapt. Taking legitimate advantage of temporary sets of circumstances is the fundamental tenet of adapt or perish. It is how smart players continue to thrive amidst the changes of a dynamic environment. Whining on the forums and demanding changes from MA is for losers.

This is not the end of the universe, it is the beginning.
Miles

No one is disputing the fact that teleporting to other planets for a fee was a temporary situation - we got that. It's also not about being able to make shitloads of peds before and now we can't - that's a rather distorted argument at best based on what constructive discussion in this thread and elsewhere is portraying.

It's also not a case of things not working in ways that one individual or a group of individuals want, but rather what the current set of circumstances are presenting in the way of forcing people to risk (real money) if they want to continue in their professions as before.

I don't think it can be disputed that there are far more non-PvP/PK players than there are PvP/PK players. I've mentioned many times before, it absolutely can be fun, and I've engaged in it myself, but it has always been a choice, and unless one decides to wander into a lootable PvP area, there was no risk, and even the opportunity to work on PK'ing skills.

However, the choice was taken away from us, and please don't tell me there's still a choice, because there isn't if people want to continue crafting at the level they were before, as well as hunters and miners being able to sell their loot to those who need the resources. I don't understand why some are not getting that.

I also like when no real constructive discussion ensues, the recourse is to call people whiners and losers, rather than take into consideration that there are those in our community who are absolutely negatively affected by this recent change, and that it's real and valid for them.

The "you don't think the way that I do so you're all whiners and losers" scenario is really disrespectful to those who have invested craploads of real money into this universe in order to develop their professions, only to now be forced to take risks of losing real money if they want to continue in the same vein. Nice!

And for the record - I wouldn't have used the word demand either, but would have structured the poll differently to get a pulse of the community, which I am certain was the OP's full intention, but you couldn't even look at that constructively.

Well, I think the poll should speak for itself.... The OP made the very rash assumption that because his easy trade route was lost that every player would be outraged. The truth of the matter is that the poll is very even and more than half the voters do not believe that we should "demand" a change.

Guess what? ... you have neglected to take into account the percentage of those who want a change to lootable PvP, and when you add that to those who basically want it removed, you come up with a higher percentage than those who want it left as is. :wise:

I found frigulite on Arkadia :p

I found frigulite on Arkadia :p

Awesome, then please put it at auction. :yay:

Now all we need is a steady supply of Alternative Ingot for the Welding Wire and we're good to go. :)

I just wanted to post in this thread since its still going.

the debate is kinda silly imho.

separating the economies of each planet through an additional pvp sub-game is exactly what was needed.

the weapons used on each of the different ships all require 0 skill to use.. obviously everyone who wants to take part in the space trading/pvp/transport game has a somewhat level playing field.

nobody is forced to take stackables into pvp lootable space.. but there is the opportunity for a trader to be sent on a mission to buy a needed resource for a crafter... that trader can decide for himself if the payment is worth the risk..

Entropia NWO is born.. a universal economy with importing exporting and those willing to take the risks..

the space reputation is also going to be quite helpful many space pirates will only attack each other if they know they can get a very high payoff worth "gaining" reputation.. and space police will not attack each other as they won't want to "lose" reputation.. a very clear divide of good vs evil... and trust me there will be space police with the same intention as the space pirates.. kill pirates and loot them.

I just wanted to post in this thread since its still going.

the debate is kinda silly imho.

separating the economies of each planet through an additional pvp sub-game is exactly what was needed.

the weapons used on each of the different ships all require 0 skill to use.. obviously everyone who wants to take part in the space trading/pvp/transport game has a somewhat level playing field.

nobody is forced to take stackables into pvp lootable space.. but there is the opportunity for a trader to be sent on a mission to buy a needed resource for a crafter... that trader can decide for himself if the payment is worth the risk..

Entropia NWO is born.. a universal economy with importing exporting and those willing to take the risks..

the space reputation is also going to be quite helpful many space pirates will only attack each other if they know they can get a very high payoff worth "gaining" reputation.. and space police will not attack each other as they won't want to "lose" reputation.. a very clear divide of good vs evil... and trust me there will be space police with the same intention as the space pirates.. kill pirates and loot them.

First, thank you for your perspective, and not presenting it in a rude or disrespectful manner, but rather a well thought out and constructive way that adds valid points to the discussion.

I'm sure you're right with regard to space police, and space pirates turning on other space pirates in order to gain good points, not to mention loot, as well as there being a level playing field with regard to usage of weapons on spacecraft.

It will be interesting to see how all of this works out, and while I have a strong opinion about all of space being lootable PvP, I also know our community well enough to know that they will ban together in whatever way they need to in order to accomplish their goals. It still doesn't make all of space being lootable PvP right, but ... the outcomes of how all of this will go down will tell a story, and then I guess we go from there.

Thank you again for keeping it constructive, it's appreciated. :)

kill pirates and loot them.

Why would pirates carry loot except in the very short time after they took something from a non-pirate (or even another pirate) and moved it to a safe place?

Why would pirates carry loot except in the very short time after they took something from a non-pirate (or even another pirate) and moved it to a safe place?

you point it out exactly. you will want to hunt them on their return any pirate returning to base is probably a good target. - ; )

EDIT:

a few other examples.. space police could be informed of locations and told about attacks in progress... traders working with police.. etc..

Last edited:
you point it out exactly. you will want to hunt them on their return any pirate returning to base is probably a good target. - ; )

I see. :)

a few other examples.. space police could be informed of locations and told about attacks in progress... traders working with police.. etc..

Oooh, that sounds pretty awesome, actually! :yay:

it takes a pirate to think like an angel. - ; P

MS9 - Wow. Your an EU legend and I cant believe your quoting me. :ahh: Sorry, had to get that in ;)

Seriously though, you have obviously put a lot of thought into this and make some great points. I am afraid though that I still do not agree 100% with some things you are saying. To start, in response to my quote by you:-

Guess what? ... you have neglected to take into account the percentage of those who want a change to lootable PvP, and when you add that to those who basically want it removed, you come up with a higher percentage than those who want it left as is. :wise:

Unfortunately this option on the poll was blurred by the OP's decision to add in the brackets a very specific change:- loot comes from loot pool not inventory. I think this was a big mistake by the OP (along with the title of the thread). If he had of just left that option as "Lootable PVP should be changed(in some way)" then I think that the that may well have been the most popular option. I absolutely agree that there should be another option for traders, its just my belief that it should be more costly to ofset the risk of losses in space. Some have mentioned hyperdrives, maybe wormholes, maybe the motherships.... I feel sure that some kind of option will come about in the future. Either way, I dont think that adding the "Loot comes from Loot Pool" to the "demand for non pvp space" votes is any more fair than saying that these voters do not want pvp removed, in fact according to that poll result they do NOT want it removed.

Ahhh its far to late and I feel I am a little too drunk to be responding to a legend like yourself, I am sure now I will embaress myself, but... just quickly on a couple of other points....

Crafting - I am a crafter - in general I think crafters love markup thats what they aim for if selling on and any markup encurred in buying is generally passed on in selling and that is where they overcome the 10% TT loss to MA (in theory). Of course this results in higher markup to hunters/miners and who can then sell their loot higher markups..... etc..... etc... That is how the game works. However, if as you state the level 1 BP's from the technician involve ingredients from other planets then that is a MAJOR flaw. Surely all planet specific BP's should use materials from that planet - if not, as a PP I would be having serious words with MA.

Last 2 points I want to comment on, firstly specific to yours..... About real life risks. I run a business in real life.... There are risks I cannot avoid for sure and they affect me, my family and my employees. Every day. I may face them with knowledge and try to calcualte the outcome but it is real unavoidable pressure. In EU everything is avoidable.... Dont want to lose then dont depo.... simple as that. Dont want to lose more than you can afford then dont depo more than you can afford. There is absolutely no unavoidable risk in EU.

This brings me on to the last point that has been mentioned in this thread a lot of times..... the term "sandbox" I think has been stated over and over..... I think it means we should all be given the chance to try anything in EU..... Well unfortunatly it isnt like that is it???? I never managed to grab oil from the rig, despite spending hours down their as a noob, theres a whole bunch of BP's I cant click, despite having crafted for years(!) now. I can't take spiders, prots, and a whole load of other mobs... Going back a few years, when CND was CND, I couldnt afford the ped to pay a pilot to get up there, so never went ( still loved to hear the stories of people that had been!)

Space is accesible, it wont cost a lot to get there when the silly markups drop (and they will) - and even if the pvp situation doesnt change (and I am sure it will in some way) then take nothing and you will lose nothing...

Right it really is too late now. MA are missing my peds so I gotta go lose some crafting ;) Pleasure reading your post though MS9 and appreciate all your input in the forums. Loved the vehicle videos you posted.

I think there is a lot of constructive thought in this thread and I am pleased that MA have created space and it is exciting whatever way it plays out in the future, its a great addition.

Lightening

No one is disputing the fact that teleporting to other planets for a fee was a temporary situation - we got that. It's also not about being able to make shitloads of peds before and now we can't - that's a rather distorted argument at best based on what constructive discussion in this thread and elsewhere is portraying.

It's also not a case of things not working in ways that one individual or a group of individuals want, but rather what the current set of circumstances are presenting in the way of forcing people to risk (real money) if they want to continue in their professions as before.

I don't think it can be disputed that there are far more non-PvP/PK players than there are PvP/PK players. I've mentioned many times before, it absolutely can be fun, and I've engaged in it myself, but it has always been a choice, and unless one decides to wander into a lootable PvP area, there was no risk, and even the opportunity to work on PK'ing skills.

However, the choice was taken away from us, and please don't tell me there's still a choice, because there isn't if people want to continue crafting at the level they were before, as well as hunters and miners being able to sell their loot to those who need the resources. I don't understand why some are not getting that.

I also like when no real constructive discussion ensues, the recourse is to call people whiners and losers, rather than take into consideration that there are those in our community who are absolutely negatively affected by this recent change, and that it's real and valid for them.

The "you don't think the way that I do so you're all whiners and losers" scenario is really disrespectful to those who have invested craploads of real money into this universe in order to develop their professions, only to now be forced to take risks of losing real money if they want to continue in the same vein. Nice!

And for the record - I wouldn't have used the word demand either, but would have structured the poll differently to get a pulse of the community, which I am certain was the OP's full intention, but you couldn't even look at that constructively.

For starters, I didn't call anyone a loser (you're a reporter, don't misquote me - and yes, you put that in quotes) I described behavior. Was it not so nice, sure, but I am not the one demanding anything. (For the record, I said "Whining on the forums and demanding changes from MA is for losers.")

I did not anticipate or want the Lootable-PVP, but studying how it is set up (and also by going to space and seeing what it is actually like) I see the logic of it, and it seems to be much better for the overall health of the universe.

The system is set up to require interplanetary trade, but only those who are can afford and are able to correctly price the risk will do it. If your profession requires materials from other planets, traders will provide them because there will be peds to made doing so. There is nothing forcing you yourself to takes those risks to continue your profession.

As for the time that traveling now takes interfering with your reporting - that is the ultimate in narrow self-interest. I mean really, how many players does that affect? Just you? Or just maybe does it open even more opportunities for reporters to cover events around the universe? That's like claiming that Makeup is more important than, well, just about anything.

Interplanetary travel itself does not require any real risk if you don't carry any stackables, but it does cost peds (less than the TP fees that the same crowd, more or less, was bitching and whining about for so long - how did that work out?). It also takes some time, which is actually an important factor.

So, what we have is a system that offers a variety of travel options at a variety of prices and with different pros and cons - with more to surely come. We have a system that makes trading between planets require a level of risk and game play that was not there before, and while no individual is required to take that risk, it is an essential part of the universe as a whole.

It is also affordable for a fairly average player to take part in, as well as providing yet another place for people with tons of peds to spend them.

Finally, if I have the choice between playing, or posting on the forum, I'd chose playing every time. The poll is dominated by the negative because everyone else would most likely rather be playing than taking part in this gripe fest.

Miles

p.s. You can look at every post I've made on this forum. I stand behind my record of positive and constructive participation.

Ofcourse I understand it's hard conveying your viewpoint to people who love to shoot other people and think of it as an enrichment of the game. Nihilist talks about risk. For me it isn,t about that. It,s about choice. I simply hate lootable pvp. I also do not want to be confronted by the people enjoying lootable pvp. But now if i want to go to another planet, It will be hard to avoid the people who call you a nib, because your ship doesnt have the biggest gun or doesnt fly as hard, or you cant properly steer aim or avoid. While all of that may be true, I just want to travel to another planet in peace.

But I do not have that option. I can be a passenger of a player who,s got what it takes and has got the crosses marked on his spacefighter for every pirate he,s killed. Or I can buy a thruster and go up myself, get shot at, die, get laughed about, and tp back to planet.
OR i get lucky and escape. Either way, none of this is enjoyable for me. And I will have to do it every time.

Frankly a part of what project entropia once was just died. Sure I can imagine there are no planets asteroids or space. Simply pretend there is only calypso. That, s the choice I have.

Dont get me wrong. If you want to kill all the nibs in the game and laugh about with your friends, that,s just fine.

Its just fkn bad I cant go to space and not be confronted by it.

Solution: turn pvp off 2 hours a week on a monday.
Or make really long pvp-free trade lanes that take double the time and an extra 7 ped fee. GIVE US A CHOICE

In short ... I agree that the poll could have been done in a much better way, and certainly wouldn't have used a few key words or phrases that were used.

I also agree that space is a good thing, and that it will progressively add to our expansion into space in whatever direction it continues to develop, so we're on the same page there.

However, I'm going to say at this point that we can respectfully agree to disagree on other points and wish each other a productive and fun time in our universe. :)

For starters, I didn't call anyone a loser (you're a reporter, don't misquote me - and yes, you put that in quotes) I described behavior. Was it not so nice, sure, but I am not the one demanding anything. (For the record, I said "Whining on the forums and demanding changes from MA is for losers.")

I did not anticipate or want the Lootable-PVP, but studying how it is set up (and also by going to space and seeing what it is actually like) I see the logic of it, and it seems to be much better for the overall health of the universe.

The system is set up to require interplanetary trade, but only those who are can afford and are able to correctly price the risk will do it. If your profession requires materials from other planets, traders will provide them because there will be peds to made doing so. There is nothing forcing you yourself to takes those risks to continue your profession.

As for the time that traveling now takes interfering with your reporting - that is the ultimate in narrow self-interest. I mean really, how many players does that affect? Just you? Or just maybe does it open even more opportunities for reporters to cover events around the universe? That's like claiming that Makeup is more important than, well, just about anything.

Interplanetary travel itself does not require any real risk if you don't carry any stackables, but it does cost peds (less than the TP fees that the same crowd, more or less, was bitching and whining about for so long - how did that work out?). It also takes some time, which is actually an important factor.

So, what we have is a system that offers a variety of travel options at a variety of prices and with different pros and cons - with more to surely come. We have a system that makes trading between planets require a level of risk and game play that was not there before, and while no individual is required to take that risk, it is an essential part of the universe as a whole.

It is also affordable for a fairly average player to take part in, as well as providing yet another place for people with tons of peds to spend them.

Finally, if I have the choice between playing, or posting on the forum, I'd chose playing every time. The poll is dominated by the negative because everyone else would most likely rather be playing than taking part in this gripe fest.

Miles

p.s. You can look at every post I've made on this forum. I stand behind my record of positive and constructive participation.

Here is your exact quote then ... "Whining on the forums and demanding changes from MA is for losers." ... that was clearly an implication that the OP with how he designed the thread, as well as those who think differently than you do are whiners and losers - there's no other way to interpret that as far as I'm concerned.

Your post was also very accusatory, sarcastic, and rude, and it didn't need to be in order to get your point across that you have a different perspective than those who aren't happy about lootable PvP.

I also gave my self-created profession of years ago as an example of how space travel may impede my work, and never implied that it had anything to do with anyone else, or affected a large number of people, nor that it was more important than anything else, but yet again, you take it and point it out with rudeness.

I respect that you have a difference of opinion - what I don't respect is how you have chosen to express it.

Going forward, the story will be told and the universe will continue to evolve - one way or another.

heh.. may the loot be with you..

sorry ms9 i had to.

Yep, I agree Spawn, there should be another choice, if it involves peds, time or whatever.....

Definately I think there will be another way but it should be a roundabout route.... Take your chance if you want or take the safe option.

Again though if its just visiting another planet that you want..... whats wrong with getting your arse blown off on the way... no different to getting wasted by a huge mob just to revive at the next tp you were aiming for planetside. We've all done it collecting Teleporter's!

No-one is going to be laughing, its the shooters who will be out of peds. All I can see is its going to make it harder to trade. I know this is bad for traders and there is an argument that it may be bad for crafters (and I know this could be passed on to miners and hunters in markup) but I just see it as another opportunity for those prepared to take risks.

If I wanted to craft/mine on another planet... I sell up where I am am, get what profit I can and take the peds to the other planet..... they cant be looted. Whats the problem???

Lightening

However, I'm going to say at this point that we can respectfully agree to disagree on other points and wish each other a productive and fun time in our universe.

Absolutely. TBH this is why I am loving space, even though I havent been there yet it makes me excited (dont take that the wrong way!) - its still the most exciting thing to happen to EU in a long time and I am sure we all hope it brings in more participants and helps to keep the Universe alive.

Never posted so much in all the time I been playing I guess the amount of negtives that hit the forum before the download was even complete really wound me up! If it gets everyone talking like this then that aint a bad thing - nothing wrong with passion.

Lightening

"i dont care" can only be considered as not demanding change, shirley, so we currently have 47.5% for change, 52.5% against change. so not really "demanding" is it?

prehaps the wider player base can see that it improves the game. there is now some challange. for others, it makes little difference. you dont have to vist other planets, many didnt bother when it was risk free.

Excellant post Spawn followed by lightening's

No offence but why are you loving it?

Absolutely. TBH this is why I am loving space, even though I havent been there yet
:scratch2: this is :laugh:

The poll choices as I think someone mentioned as I have only read parts of this thread, could have been somewhat of a more defined range of choices so really are just an indication.

The PVP will only be utilised by a minority of players and is neither here nor there if EU continues to develop this trend of seperating the PP's.

I believe this is possibilly the wrong choice by the developers. This game is so different from a lot of your "point and shoot" games. It involves sometimes a lot of $$'s for the majority of players. It will take a long time if all the separate planets are to gain their own complete player bases. If ever.

I neither like nor dislike PVP however liked to have the choice to paticipate or not.

I just want the option of this choice.

I want to go for a leisurely relaxed flight if I want to.

or a kick ass if I want.

Now thats not to hard.

I think :scratch2:

Back