Anyone tried travelling between planets?

Shoe

Guardian
Society
Reservoir Dogs
Skoker Shoe Sverpan
I searched several treads, found some pice from space stations and some other info.
But I havent read any report on anyone travelling to another planet today..

How long time would it take?

Anyone dared to enter the big PvPspace and came through?

Yeah, we did, we even killed a nib there.
And used only an vtol mk1 :)

Hmm, interesting, so can you use VTOL to travel to other planets and how much time does it take?

I heard Caly to NI is about 30 - 40 minutes each way. iirc

I heard Caly to NI is about 30 - 40 minutes each way. iirc

Wow... hmmm can you equip the hyperdrive to the vtol or only the space thruster?

We need spacemobs and spacemining?

Are all the planets equidistant?

If not, which one is the center of the universe?

Are all the planets equidistant?

If not, which one is the center of the universe?

There are no planets in the centre of the map, all are on the map edges.

Calypso is to the far west, Next Island to the far east.

Rocktropia is at about the NNW point, Arkadia at about SSE.

CP and CND are S-SSE of Calypso (ie. in the lower left corner of the map)

So as of now is it possible to take a VTOL, attach the thrusters to it and travel, even slowly to the other planets?

So as of now is it possible to take a VTOL, attach the thrusters to it and travel, even slowly to the other planets?

Yes, there are 'safe zones' along the way too.

I don't think so, I got near Rocktropia in my vtol and it said something abot not being able to enter 'deep space'.

Yes, there are 'safe zones' along the way too.

Ah, I must have detoured too far then, did you land on one of the other planets Serica?

Nah, Jod just took me up for a look around... but as long as you have the thruster attached to the VTOL, you should be able to break into the planet space.

I think there was a warning as we got close to Calypso too, but dont quote me on it !

I don't think so, I got near Rocktropia in my vtol and it said something abot not being able to enter 'deep space'.

just make a loop and come back, its proly cause you didnt download yet the content. happened to me, so i flu a bit around cause it was lootable there and it worked.
oil consumption seems something like 2 peds oil per 1/3 map. i used a quad for fast traveling, vtol is for killing neebs (and motherships).
funniest thing i found is pirate base (its the thing you get in CL), check for yourself. its also surrounded by asteroids, seems a future mining place.

I'm wondering....

Wow... hmmm can you equip the hyperdrive to the vtol or only the space thruster?

This sound like ships and extras are going to be very exensive.If you equip VTOLs and ships with all these extras..such as thrusters and such,what is decay on those if any? I'm sure if a player wants to get to a planet before 30-40 minutes of travel time,they will opt to pay that extra ped to get there quicker with someone who has faster ship or vehicle (not to mention if they are carrying stackables thru pvp areas and pirates).

P.S. I might have missed it... If there is a Mothership yet and what are ped amounts being charged for space travel from anyone yet? :)

Last edited:

Yes. You don't even need thrusters if both planets have somebody who is providing a "fly to space station" service. With thrusters, you can move between all planets as you pleasem at least for now, in future, PvP might set some limits.

Nah, Jod just took me up for a look around... but as long as you have the thruster attached to the VTOL, you should be able to break into the planet space.

I think there was a warning as we got close to Calypso too, but dont quote me on it !

It might be unloaded content, it might be a server (8kx8k) that does not have a planet or space station or doesn't boarder on such. Needs more research.

You only need the thrusters to get up/down from planet surface. My first trip, I had thruster attached to my VTOL and flew from planet to station and then out amongst the other stations/planets. Second trip I hitched a ride with someone else up from the planet, and then spawned my VTOL without thruster at the station and flew to Arkadia, Pirate Base, Rocktropia and back to Calypso. It was 30 minutes from Calypso to Arkadia, but I didn't take a direct route, more of an arc to avoid the obvious path.

The only time I hit "can't enter deep space" was when I played around going "up" and "down" to test the max range of Z-coords (+- 4000 meters btw). Although each of the planets is very close to the border of the map, so could see coming in too wide and hitting the map border on the way to the planet/station. But you just turn away and can keep going. I don't think it has anything to do with downloaded content. Either you have space content downloaded and can enter space, or you don't and you get booted from the ship as you try to leave orbit from the planet surface.

VTOL mk1 used about 80 pec of fuel from Calypso to Arkadia. About another 80 pec to get from Arkadia to Pirate Base, but did a lot of playing around and some looping back, probably 60-65 pec if I flew direct. And I'd guess about 20-25 minutes traveling time.

Trip from Pirate Base to Roctropia was much quicker, about 10 minutes. Forgot to note the fuel usage.

Thrusters only appear to decay on entry/exit from planets, and the UL thruster decays 9 pec each way.

-Mack

P.S. I had no problem with pkers, and only ran into people after I got well into the safe zones around the various stations. When in doubt, go vertical...come in from high or low, avoiding the center Z-coords.

P.P.S. Safe zones around stations appear to be spherical in shape (around 1000-1500 meters radius), so you can fly right over one without entering safe zone if you are "high" or "low" enough.

Last edited:

Once you have a VTOL ferried to orbit (stick it in your pocket and get someone to fly you up), you can spawn it in the docking bay of the planetary orbital station. From there, you can fly in space to any other orbital station and TP down to the associated planet, or you can dock at CND (It's called that on the map) or CP.

NOTE: You can only TP DOWN from the stations to dirtside (or use a thruster equipped craft to go down). You cannot TP UP from dirtside anywhere to any orbital station. To leave any planet, you will have to own and use or get a ride up from someone with a thruster equipped craft.

You only need a thruster to make the transition from or to atmospheric flight. Spaceflight once up and docking at a station works just fine without one.

There are 14 space stations total, one for each planet, CP, CND, the pirate base, and the rest are in neutral territory.

Space distance measurements are in AU, an astronomical measurement of roughly 93 million miles or 8 light minutes. The Earth is 1 AU from the sun. Physx is funny up here, as a VTOL makes a 15 AU trip in tens of minutes going 50-ish kph the whole way. :)

I suspect the hyperdrives will reduce flight time further and improve the safety margin versus intercept.

Last edited:
Ooh, sounds as if there's quite a few people in space already. Hurrah!

I've been unable to log in since just before space was announced, so am kinda stuck on Arkadia. Since attempting to bribe... err, persuade support has been unsuccessful, I'd really appreciate it if anyone who's playing around in space is willing to make a stop off here for a passenger to return to Calypso. Bit of a long shot, but eh... may as well ask. :silly2:

Since all the space stuff seems to be happening Calypso side, I dunno how long it'll be until the items become available on Arkadia. :/

Been flying around PVP space all day today. Visited a half dozen stations, the Pirate Base, FOMA and CP, and am heading back to Calypso Station in a little bit.

People are really making this out to be a lot more hindering than it is. A stock VTOL Mk 1 and a single trip to orbit and you are golden.

I'd make sure you bring weapons just in case though. Dunno how the next few days shape up. :D

I can't find the way off of Crystal Palace into the hangar and outer space, even though it's the way I came in. None of the big metal doors seem to operate.

Two other people mentioned the method of using the teleporter to go to the "other" CP that has only the space station listed, and exiting from there. But my "other" CP on the teleporter dropdown doesn't have any teleports at all, perhaps because I never came here before today.

Darn it, I wasn't done exploring space yet, and if things were working as they should, I'd be able to fly right out in my VTOL and continue my trip. Ah well, guess I have to TP to Calypso and buy a ride to space again another day.

If I've missed something, please let me know.

Professor Latha Serevi

Your supposed to get the cp tp's by default. Should be as easy as changing to map and tping over. Worked fine for me.

i used a quad for fast traveling, vtol is for killing neebs (and motherships).

Rony, is it possible to bring down a quad with a vtol?

{not thinking of shooting at yours of course} ;)

It may seem like a walk in space right now, but that's because the space system isn't even 24 hrs old yet (close, but not yet), and there is still a lot of exploring and figuring out going on, so naturally space is going to seem wide open, and no problem getting from Point A to Point B without incident.

I think perhaps when there are more blueprints and prices drop, maybe then things will be different and we can assess just how easy it is to get from Point A to Point B without issues. There aren't a lot of people in space right now, so it's going to seem not a problem with regard to safety at this point in time.

I have no doubt that within a couple of weeks or so, the outer corridor is going to look and feel a bit different, and you'll definitely be running into more people. Perhaps then safety might become an issue, especially when the ingredients required to craft welding wire ( and I'm sure other items) aren't all on one planet.

It's going to be interesting to see how all of this progresses.

Ahoy matey!

Yeah, we did, we even killed a nib there.
And used only an vtol mk1 :)

After a "600 Mile!" journey even us ROCKSTARS get hungry, Soz 1st thing i do when i landed on ROCKtropia was order a "lunch plate" from good o'le Narfi was some white rice, spam, 2 fried eggs and a side of "MACARONI!"

Sex, War & Rock'nRoll
Proud Member ROCKSTARS
Force Majeure

Last edited:
Rony, is it possible to bring down a quad with a vtol?

{not thinking of shooting at yours of course} ;)

Not unless the pilot is afk, as force majoure was kind to prove.

After a "600 Mile!" journey even us ROCKSTARS get hungry, Soz 1st thing i do when i landed on ROCKtropia was order a "lunch plate" from good o'le Narfi was some white rice, spam, 2 fried eggs and a side of "MACARONI!"

Sex, War & Rock'nRoll
Proud Member ROCKSTARS
Force Majeure

Love to see that you hit 1 out of 25 shots + doesn't seem to learn that the shots from a VTOL has traveling speed, so you should aim IN FRONT of a vehicle going sideways in order to hit it....

Amazing video otherwise .... what a fucking joke

Back