hangars

mikej

Dominant
Society
calypso agency
mike
when is it comming any update for hangars ?

These unused areas with their TPs are the obvious places for MA to give to CLD owners to build their storage containers, whenever they implement that system.

Seriously though, the betrayal of the old Pilots, and the completely inadequate implementation of the Privateers, is one reason I'm not willing to trust MA with any more cash than I need to play.

There are currently no plans in place to develop the hangars.

Reactions: Cly

Kim, please stop what EVER it is you are trying to do now to make the game better and just go back to what made the game great! Plus give the users the hangers as you said you would. Funny, you laugh at this post don't you kim? :scratch2:

Kim, please stop what EVER it is you are trying to do now to make the game better and just go back to what made the game great! Plus give the users the hangers as you said you would. Funny, you laugh at this post don't you kim? :scratch2:

There's nothing funny about this, I wish I had better news. I'm just telling it like it is and right now there simply aren't any plans in place to do whats asked.

There's nothing funny about this, I wish I had better news. I'm just telling it like it is and right now there simply aren't any plans in place to do whats asked.

Sorry, it wasn't asked..it was told by MA.

Edit: If there is a problem with this working in the game, then just say so..it would make MA look a lot better than having all this going on and bad reviews. You would get a better support if you would just show that you are trying and have ran into problems that simple can not be done.

See the funny thing is, you stated you are going to have CLD..yes you have them, but like hangers, you simply do not have ANY idea how?

Last edited:
After the Egg update

Sorry, it wasn't asked..it was told by MA.

Could you refresh my memory as to what was promised exactly? I thought the original hangar owners were compensated nicely with the hangar/ UL spaceship and UL truster?

Very disappointing...

How about the privateers? Are you working on them? Atmosphere entry etc..

//Dee

Bjorn stated this on EF before:

Unfortunately I cannot give a concrete date for when any changes will be implemented, but I can tell you that our design team has many ideas for further developing space travel and vehicles and that some of those ideas include the hangar buildings.

So basically not being developed at moment but they have plans/ideas/concepts for them. They are not willing to discuss details of those plans or dates. Which seems sensible given the response they got from taming dates they have given.

I think sometimes MindArk should listen to what players want. What is high on MindArks agenda isnt always high on players agenda.

We want our hangars functional
We want Taming back
We want Beauty back
We want the avatar babbling speech and the ability to lay down

We don't care about Avatars being updated
We don't care about islands
We don't want to see anything new until the Hangars, Taming, Beauty and basic Avatar features are returned.

What about implementing the hanger that was promised in the Medusa sale? We have been waiting for a while now...

The fact that you didn't say this when the new hangars were first introduced is not good.

You must realise that Kim?

A one sentence reply to a question that has been posed dozens of times now?

If it's called a hangar, looks like a hangar, replaces the pre-vu 10 hangars that housed ships and from which they were launched then forgive us for thinking it might have something to do with space flights?

I was thinking about it. At first I was thinking MA is screwing with hangar onwers, but then what do you expect hangars to be? Only few people to control who can go to space and land on the planets? Additional tax that everyone must pay to hangar owners when go to space and land? What reasonable use do you want for the hangars without screwing the game? I just can't think of something that will make hangar owners happy and in the same time not piss off everyone else :scratch2:

I suggest to MA to develop one system at time, just do it a good work on it and let it be the most stable system possible, without future changes that strongly affect the value of these items.

We know EU is dynamic, just the investors are scared about dynamics when often they mean a loss in value of investments, decisions should be made considering the first investors as the most important to protect, since it was the first way to attract more players and Investments in this Platform.

So far MA well developed rebuilt systems, just a reminder for future plans :wise:

:)

When the old hangar ships got upgradet to the new privateers with capabilty to fly to other planets and to be upgradeable and with possible warp speed - there basically was no need to have hangars ingame anymore.

The old hangar concept worked, because the ships were based on a sole point of origin and worked effectively like teleporters, but in new space those ships can be navigated and there is other planets - if hangars were required to start/land then a privateer owner would need to buy/rent one hangar on every planet which would result in even more complaints of privateers owners of additional costs invloved.

There should be a spaceport on every planet on which privateers could land and start from freely without having to own a hangar on that planet but this still would leave hangars useless.

I guess hangars where put into game without thinking it through, just because they had been there before.
The deeds should have not been tradeable until the purpose of hangars was clarified.

At the current stage it would make most sence to relocate hangars into space as some kind of personal space home / mini spacestation with storage capabilties, leaving it to the current deed owners to choose/claim a spot for hangar placement in the respective planets vicinity.
Maybe have teleporters in those spacehangars so that they could be used to enter the respective planet from them, allowing privateers to dodge the main spacestations and operate outside of pirate focus.
Hangar teleporters could be abit cheaper then the official teleporter on the spacestation and maybe offer a percentage of the fee to go to the hangar deed holder.

Maybe they could even add mini bluezones to such spacehangars and allow motherships to dock and connect to their teleporter as well - the advantage would be to dodge the main station, safe some peds on teleporter and being able to set access rights to such hangars individually.
The disadvantage would be the very small bluezone that could be fully overlooked easily by a pirate - but he couldnt hide there.

At the current stage it would make most sence to relocate hangars into space as some kind of personal space home / mini spacestation with storage capabilties, leaving it to the current deed owners to choose/claim a spot for hangar placement in the respective planets vicinity.
Maybe have teleporters in those spacehangars so that they could be used to enter the respective planet from them, allowing privateers to dodge the main spacestations and operate outside of pirate focus.
Hangar teleporters could be abit cheaper then the official teleporter on the spacestation and maybe offer a percentage of the fee to go to the hangar deed holder.

Maybe they could even add mini bluezones to such spacehangars and allow motherships to dock and connect to their teleporter as well - the advantage would be to dodge the main station, safe some peds on teleporter and being able to set access rights to such hangars individually.
The disadvantage would be the very small bluezone that could be fully overlooked easily by a pirate - but he couldnt hide there.

Make most sence, but probably just for you. For MA that have plans for space for the next 2-3 years this probably doesn't fit in their plans. And your sugestion may be replacing one bad idea with another bad idea.
Most sence is probably to return the peds hangar owners paid if they were promosed something that they never got. But I am not so old player and not sure what was promised for the hangars.

When the old hangar ships got upgradet to the new privateers with capabilty to fly to other planets and to be upgradeable and with possible warp speed - there basically was no need to have hangars ingame anymore.

Looks like you're right on this John B but why didn't Mindark just say this from the beginning?

I used to work for a company whose strategy was 'only tell the customers good news because they won't want to hear bad news'.

I used to ignore this and told customers straight eg. that their order had been lost or whatever and they much preferred hearing the truth, even if it wasn't good news, than a stream of lies (that made them real angry).

The deeds should have not been tradeable until the purpose of hangars was clarified.

Yes that would have helped, and/or clarification from the outset, just a statement such as 'the new hangars are not a functional part of the new space system and we currently don't have any plans to make them functional' right off would have been much better received because we've assumed the delay in the announcement was because Mindark was actually working on this! <laughable> .:laugh:

That would have stopped speculative trading, true market value would emerge and hangar owners would have been spared all this time wondering and waiting for news on this.

All interesting ideas and we've no idea if Mindark even bothered considering any other solutions or if they were just too afraid of their own customers to comment until now? <bewildered, dazed and confused> :scratch2:

Make most sence, but probably just for you. For MA that have plans for space for the next 2-3 years this probably doesn't fit in their plans. And your sugestion may be replacing one bad idea with another bad idea.
Most sence is probably to return the peds hangar owners paid if they were promosed something that they never got. But I am not so old player and not sure what was promised for the hangars.

Refunding peds would make even less sense, cause the full value of the former hangar is now contained in the new upgraded privateer vessel - refunding hangar owners once more for their hangar even thought they already got an upgrade from an orbital shuttle to the warpcapable interplanetary transport isnt going to work.
Besides many hangar deeds already got tradet for high speculative values that in no way represent their current value - giving hangars a purpose (while also giving privateers their planetside landing back - see spaceport suggestion above) that fits in the current structure of space even if it was originally unintended is the best way to get this topic settled and to rebuild the trust of those original hangar owners who still feel like having lost what they once had.

Besides hangar buildings still belong to property that can be sold off by planet partners if they match certain player numbers - taking hangars out of game and refunding the players would also mean having to adjust agreements with all planet partners.

Holy molly >O.O<

when space was release it was mention that there would be a soon "big use" for hangers I am shocked to see that its not being develop.

one simple and awesome use would be simply give them a special TP or activatable NPC that allowed tp up to the owners ship free "beem up" for now and give them some use.

:eyecrazy: still shock to read that :eyecrazy:

They only need to do one thing, one tiny tiny thing!. Allow Privateers to enter the atmosphere and land in hangers you have a deed for or are on the guestlist for.

y know few scars it will never happen they have no plans for hangar .
the plans shuld have been redy befor vu 10:scratch2:

y know few scars it will never happen they have no plans for hangar .
the plans shuld have been redy befor vu 10:scratch2:

If all 70 Hangar owners keep submitting support cases then they just need to do three things

1. Allow privateers to land on Calypso (a few hours work at most)
2. Allow privateers to land in Hangars if you own the hangar deed or pay landing fee to the Guestlist you are on
3. Allow animation for privateer hangar doors, like the fort doors. (3 hours animation work)

I will compile a list in another thread of owners and keep petitioning as there is currently over 1.2 Million Ped invested in hangars, based on each hangar being worth 17Kped and 70 owners.

If all 70 Hangar owners keep submitting support cases then they just need to do three things

2. Allow privateers to land in Hangars if you own the hangar deed or pay landing fee to the Guestlist you are on
3. Allow animation for privateer hangar doors, like the fort doors. (3 hours animation work)

I will compile a list in another thread of owners and keep petitioning as there is currently over 1.2 Million Ped invested in hangars, based on each hangar being worth 17Kped and 70 owners.
THIS :wtg:

Sounds good looking forward to this petition thread :)

I like this. Mostly.

Basically I think space was not fully thought out from the get-go.

1) Motherships, by their definition, are ship carrying vessels. They have their own hangar, hangar doors, etc. Ships can enter and exit them while in space, and while mobile. In EU I believe there is little fundamental difference between a mothership and a privateer, aside from the presence of a TP. This is wrong, if true. I'll grant you I have never boarded a Privateer to my knowledge...

2) We have hangars, which had a purpose. This was on planet, and should have been included with the release of every planet.

The solution above works, if the following is implemented:

1) Hangars must be made available on every planet. Initial availability should depend on planet activity.

2) Privateers be made without a hangar bay, and thus be unable to launch vessels. They may pick up people and cargo.

3) Privateer speed and maneuverability be improved to account for their classification as a transport and heavy combat vessel.

4) Motherships become the only ship capable of carrying other vessels while in space. These other vessels can be of any space capable class, including Privateers.

5) Privateer class vessels become the only large ship capable of landing planetside, and may only land in a hangar. If no hangar is available the ship must wait for a hangar before landing.

6) Privateer class vessels become the only large ship capable of close planetary orbit (within the planet safe zone). Mothership class vessels must dock / enter orbit at the planet space station in order to enter a safe zone.

This provides the privateer with the advantage of being able to collect individuals on planet, the hangar the advantage of dictating schedule and receiving ships based off their own preference, the mothership the advantage in combat due to being able to launch multiple scouts/combatants/drones in addition to itself, and does not nerf people who choose to fly solo and risk danger.

I appreciate the honesty from you personally but find this quite sad really. When customers get angry it shows they care and are telling you how to fix it for them. When apathy sets in it doesn't mean the problem is solved just that you have lost the customer. I hope the same pattern isn't repeated with the taming system.

Ant

Last edited:
I appreciate the honesty from you personally but find this quite sad really. When customers get angry it shows they care and are telling you how to fix it for them. When apathy sets in it doesn't mean the problem is solved just that you have lost the customer. I hope the same pattern isn't repeated with the taming system.

Ant

I went around and collected the names of all hangar owners. There are some very well known players who have Peds tied up in Hangars. These players contribute to the game on a large scale and should be taken seriously by MA. Of interest there are only 69 actual hangars, 68 player owned, 1 unclaimed. I haven't checked the number of privateers but I was sure there are 70 so one hangar has vanished? Also the numbering of hangars in some places is off with one place hangar 1 missing, only 4-5 present and in another numbering staring from 6-12?

Anyway, above now we have more and more dismay that hangar are not functioning. I am going to PM a list of hangar owners to Kim in hope that he sees actual players have cumulative millions of Ped sitting idol. For the sake of 1-2 days coding we could see hangars and privateers with a new lease on life.

Hangar owners keep those support cases going in!

Back