Blocked hangars

Trifle

CND Trader
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Suzanne Trifle Gizmos
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

As some know already I am lending a friends hangar atm and am flying people for a few days. I like it, I meet lots of nice people.

Now about an hour ago I came to my hangar planning to fly full up and empty down I find this scamartist blocking the hangar.

I immediatly send in a abuse report to MA and also found out 'from other pilots" (edit) that this guy has been blocking other hangars as well.

As I felt bad for the people waiting for him to die by the mobs we fed to him I flew them up free of charge. I am not asking anyone to pay if something like this is happening. Just want to add to it that I rather fly free than pay him the 30 ped he asks for unblocking the hangar, he threathened to stay there for a week.

Anyone experiencing this kind of trouble pls also send a report about him so this matter can be dealt with asap.

Last edited:
dam so next time i fly with u im gonna get my friend to block the hangar :D

lol jks... but that really sux... they should make hangar space pvp enabled/disabled by the owner...

Hope he gets banned :mad: what disgusting behaviour

I had the same problem, killed him using a cornu and threw the body into the ocean.
It was a second avatar AC'ing. I (and many others) filed a report against that noob.

I hope they trace the original avatar using the IP address logs.

Create a second avatar and block your own hangar, once your flying, just move your second avatar.

Why? Well, because if you do this, noone else is able to do this against you since the spot is already taken. If they are allowed to break the EULA, why shouldnt you bee?

Hangarblockers>> *Put alot of swearing and threats in here that I wont mention so I wont get banned from EF*

;)

Last edited:
Dude, I agree:)

Last edited:
Dude, you know to post better than this... you're naming names, mentioning RL retribution (however vaguely) and suggesting a second avatar as an answer.... don't wanna see you locked dude, the Hangar Blocking guys are gonna get theirs, no need to waste a good forum career on 'em:)

Well, sometimes you gotta let your inner spirit do the dancing ;)

It has been so much crap lately, that I really get mad... But Ill edit my first post so it tells the blockers to piss off in a more polite way, without breaking any rules ;)

Edit: Hurrikane, better now? ;)

Ive never owned a hanger but i feel yoru pain.. Would be nice if MA made hager land pkable per owners request, or kick named avater on named land and the avatar kicked gets teleported far far away...

Had this earlier - same person

Reactions: RR1
Ive never owned a hanger but i feel yoru pain.. Would be nice if MA made hager land pkable per owners request, or kick named avater on named land and the avatar kicked gets teleported far far away...

....or made the Doors bigger...

thanks for all suggestions, it's nice to see people think about it too. hope ma can do something with that.

But not going to make an extra ava, dont wanna get banned myzelf ;)

That's not a scam, it's a denial of service (DOS) attack against your business, as well as extortion.

This is far different from the confidence scams of the past. Many governments have laws crafted to protect businesses from this kind of thing. You might give the local cops a call, or your favorite lawyer

Crime is growing in EU. It'll be interesting to see if MA has anything to say about this.

AG

thanks for all suggestions, it's nice to see people think about it too. hope ma can do something with that.

But not going to make an extra ava, dont wanna get banned myzelf ;)

Well, you most likely have someone in your family who likes to stand still most part of the day? :rolleyes:

That's not a scam, it's a denial of service (DOS) attack against your business, as well as extortion.

This is far different from the confidence scams of the past. Many governments have laws crafted to protect businesses from this kind of thing. You might give the local cops a call, or your favorite lawyer

Crime is growing in EU. It'll be interesting to see if MA has anything to say about this.

AG

Actually, he doesnt own anything, and therefore he doesnt loose anything, and therefore it is not illegal... Damn EULA :(

Not sure what's possible with pets, but is a Guard-Exa an option?

And as for "against the rules", this IS, and I'm sure the blockers will be banned.

Actually, he doesnt own anything, and therefore he doesnt loose anything, and therefore it is not illegal... Damn EULA :(

Wrong, it's a service oriented business. PEDs are exchanged for the service. It's not the sale of a virtual good.

By blocking the hangar, the offender is using a computer to impede the complaintants ability to conduct business on the internet.

By asking for money to cease this harrassment, the offender is also committing extortion.

It's different this time.

AG

This is starting to become a popular abuse :mad: . I say feed them to the worms all!

there is some real anal births in this universe atm, hope they ban these fucktards.

Well I havent filled an complaint, last time I did the ava was perm banned tho. And wasnt an low agility one that is..

I don't know what need to be done, but MA need to do something PDQ to prevent such nefarious actions being possible.

Suggestions could include:

Adding extra doors to hangers
Making hanger doors wider.
Making a 20 meter circle "Owner Immune" PVP zone centred on all hanger doors & ship doors. (IE only the owner can kill, and the owner is not killable.)
Giving doors a "auto close" function that has the effect of chopping an Avi in half (IE making them dead) if they stand in the door-way for more than 30 seconds.

There seem to be too many pilots in EU who don't understand the idea behind a free market, and fair competition.

May their loots be "this mob contained no loot" and their decay be 100% in 100 seconds.

so there are two types of door blockers

'mafia' stooges that are set on autoclick to prevent any and all cheap flights from progressing.

and now extortionists that stand in doorways waiting for a pilot and then asking for ped to move. they may or may not be associated with the other type of blocker.

the PM also states a lovely piece of ignorance '30 peds is nothing to you'

omg this kind of things make me sick

Why is so many ppl so greedy, and why is ppl just mind their own and try to make their own peds instead of making others lose peds...
a idea is to make only pilot team comming close to the hangar....
(have to be member of the team)....and this kind of things make MA delay other bugs to fix....or maybee not..lol
but i hope they do something soon about it...
best wishes to hangar owners and pilots...

Why is so many ppl so greedy, and why is ppl just mind their own and try to make their own peds instead of making others lose peds...
a idea is to make only pilot team comming close to the hangar....
(have to be member of the team)....and this kind of things make MA delay other bugs to fix....or maybee not..lol
but i hope they do something soon about it...
best wishes to hangar owners and pilots...

if (characterX == hangarAreaX && pilotTeam == false) {
characterXvel = 0;
characterYvel = 0;
}
if (characterY == hangarAreaY && pilotTeam == false) {
characterXvel = 0;
characterYvel = 0;

Wouldnt take them that much time :rolleyes:

Rofl

if (characterX == hangarAreaX && pilotTeam == false) {
characterXvel = 0;
characterYvel = 0;
}
if (characterY == hangarAreaY && pilotTeam == false) {
characterXvel = 0;
characterYvel = 0;

Wouldnt take them that much time :rolleyes:

I know but they had so many other bugs they havent fixed yet.....
i really hope they do but hey its MA we talking about...

If you really want a super fast way for MA to resolve this issue, just tell them in a support ticket, that this kind of behavior is impeeding you from generating ship decay, and we all know MA's income is all decay (supposedly).

"How can we be sure this isnt staged?" to quote someone ...

I have just been accused to exploiting and using dirty tactics without any bases so I am kinda pissed. From the same soc as Trifle.. Neva had any issues with trifle as far as I know. Neva had any issues with buzz either.

So the person thats doing this must have a good reason to attact you two, cause i would know others that i would of done it too, if i were to go as low as this....

What comes arround, goes arround..

Sorry guys, but I am all for it, after being insulted several times, accused now as well, ppl trying to bribe my ticket seller, fake passengers trying to stall ticket sales. Happy that my hangar didnt get blocked "yet"...

WTF did I do to deserve any of this?? Or is it just that i didnt accept the insults as if they were compliments and joined the line when i was still willing to? As far as I am conserned ATM, anyone that screwed with me deserves to go outta business.

not personal

All i can say is if ppl wasent so greedy we could live in Project entropia without any problems like this....
For me is this game a place to run when the reality is hard and harsh...but seems like ppl dont have any kind of respect to each other in here and they only think about dollrs as it is the peds who provide food on the table..
i understand players who invest alot of peds but they have to solve the problems as well cuz we regular guys and ppl who works a s pilots shouldet get hit by lightning....

Is there extra land area around hanger that is part of the Hanger estate?
If so then pilots should be able to make this private. When a pilot is going to fly a group up they add everyone in group to their friends list. Everyone on their friends list should automatically be able to enter the hanger and ship. This would need the privacy settings for hangers to be adjusted.

Or better yet instead of adding passengers to friends list add them to a flight list. Everyone on flight list has automatic access to hanger and ship. Leave hanger on private always. No one can get to door to block and passengers have instant access.

It makes more sense to me to have flight list instead of adding and deleting from friends list all the time. At end of flight passengers are automatically deleted from flight list.

I have no idea whether this makes sense or not. I've never flown on a ship and don't know how system works.

Back