89 ped > 116 ped??

Zane

Stalker
Society
Free Entropia Rangers
Zane Bear Hirak
I just had a decent trox global (116 PED). Shortly after receiving my lootz, Burnsey HoF'd on a longtooth for 89 PED.

See what I'm getting at? What's the deal?

No, I'm not blaming Burnsey (before anyone says it). He's a cool guy, this seems to be a problem with the HoF parameters.

Or is there something I'm missing? (thus, my hesitation to post this in big reports)

that´s simple i guess, it records the hofs of the last 24 hours , maybe when he hofed the lits was being updated, because some hofs had already expired, when you global there were still some higher hofs, dunno if i made myself clear

that´s simple i guess, it records the hofs of the last 24 hours , maybe when he hofed the lits was being updated, because some hofs had already expired, when you global there were still some higher hofs, dunno if i made myself clear

It makes sense, but there were also globals after Burnsey's that were even higher than mine and were not counted as HoFs. It's very odd.

probably if u had globaled right after him, it would be a hof : )

ahhh, yeah thats odd.

Sever reset?

I've seen 50 ped mining hofs before, because of the server reset.

yes there is something you are missing.

Depends on the mob you hunt and what the others are hunting, like if there is 150 atrox globals per day (example) someone with a low ped chomper for example will hof because the mob isint hunted hardcore or its a hard one.. dunno how it works, but ive seen that often without hof reset.

It makes sense, but there were also globals after Burnsey's that were even higher than mine and were not counted as HoFs. It's very odd.

To decide that you’d have to know whether there were a couple o’ HoFs higher than Burnsey’s before those globals you are referring to.

To decide that you’d have to know whether there were a couple o’ HoFs higher than Burnsey’s before those globals you are referring to.

Mine was both higher than Burnsey's and before his.

The hof list is 100 entries and it does not backfill entries when 1 expires.

So what happened was 1 expired after you globaled, before he globaled. Thus there were 99 entries and 1 free spot on the board, the next global = a hof to fill that empty spot. And the next global after that if its bigger then 86 would have taken over that spot.

A hof is nothing more then a global that gets on the hof board. By means of being larger then any of the 100 entries, or by filling an empty spot if there arent already 100 entries on the board.

There is nothing intrinsically special about a hof. Most of them are not rare loot sizes.

So what happened was 1 expired and there were 99 people on the board, the next global = a hof to fill that empty spot. And the next global after that if its bigger then 86 would have taken over that spot.

That's the thing that doesn't make sense in this situation though. After Burnsey's HoF, there were multiple larger globals.

seen it happen before, best explanation has already been stated above, it's a mob thing...

That's the thing that doesn't make sense in this situation though. After Burnsey's HoF, there were multiple larger globals.

it still makes sense if one hof fall out the list one second or so before you globaled/hoffed

it still makes sense if one hof fall out the list one second or so before you globaled/hoffed

It would have made sense if, after I globaled, one fell off of the list and Burnsey's global made it to the HoF list because there was empty space. That makes perfect sense. But if there were larger globals after Burnsey's, those should have taken place above his on the HoF board, which didn't happen.

Mine was both higher than Burnsey's and before his.

OK, let me try...

HoF List (Bottom)

97. ABC 200 PED
98. DEF 190 PED
99. GHI 180 PED
100. JKL 170 PED

-> Zane 116 PED

Too low to make the HoF-List.

HoF List (Bottom)

97. ABC 200 PED
98. DEF 190 PED
99. GHI 180 PED
100. JKL 170 PED

-> JKL HoF expires.

HoF List (Bottom)

97. ABC 200 PED
98. DEF 190 PED
99. GHI 180 PED
100. -

-> Burnsey 89 PED

Enough to make the HoF List.

HoF List (Bottom)

97. ABC 200 PED
98. DEF 190 PED
99. GHI 180 PED
100. Burnsey 89 PED

-> MNO 160 PED

Enough to make the HoF List, replacing Burnsey.

HoF List (Bottom)

97. ABC 200 PED
98. DEF 190 PED
99. GHI 180 PED
100. MNO 160 PED

-> PQR 150 PED
-> STU 135 PED
-> VWX 142 PED

Multiple globals bigger than Zane’s and Burnsey’s, not enough to make the HoF List.

At least that’s how I understood the prob. :dunno:

Depends on the mob you hunt and what the others are hunting, like if there is 150 atrox globals per day (example) someone with a low ped chomper for example will hof because the mob isint hunted hardcore or its a hard one.. dunno how it works, but ive seen that often without hof reset.
Ok so for me to hof I dont just need the ped to make it to the list but I also need the right mob to make the list no matter my global value?

if thats the case I need to go hunt chirpy/gibnib as I doubt they are hunted so much and maybe I get my first solo hof on one of those :mad:
But guess I have to check hof list after every global I get to see if this could be correct :/

All that means is a low HoF (that was higher than your global) fell off of the board in between your globals, leaving room at the bottom of the board for Burnsey.

I've had a 1xx PED global then a 56PED HoF in a row on CND before...

Reading comprehension ftw, people, more than half of you aren't understanding what this is about... :rolleyes:

There have been multiple times where I've seen the HoF list did not have enough entries to fill it to the 100th spot (sometimes stopping before even reaching 90 entries), and me and others globalled in that same activity, yet it did not register as a hof, eventhough, teorethically, anything should be enough to be considered one if not all HoF board spots are filled.

So yeah, there are other factors than just size involved, what they would be, I don't know and haven't really put much effort in finding out, either...

yes there is something you are missing.

wow thank you for sharing this valueable information! :confused:
Well anyway I guess it was just some (loot) server reset as they happen every now and then. So it happened between your global and the HOF.

I get it, but dont understand why doubt any of you do either

So if thats the case why are the whole list filled with longtooth/eamon globals these days if it's not just the size that matters, or is it also a HP issue, damage issue, most hunted issue, largest pixel wise issue and so on...

Someone from MA care to explain :confused::laugh:

Reading comprehension ftw, people, more than half of you aren't understanding what this is about... :rolleyes:

There have been multiple times where I've seen the HoF list did not have enough entries to fill it to the 100th spot (sometimes stopping before even reaching 90 entries), and me and others globalled in that same activity, yet it did not register as a hof, eventhough, teorethically, anything should be enough to be considered one if not all HoF board spots are filled.

So yeah, there are other factors than just size involved, what they would be, I don't know and haven't really put much effort in finding out, either...

Next time take a screenshot
Thank you for telling us about this matter.

Multiple globals bigger than Zane’s and Burnsey’s, not enough to make the HoF List.

At least that’s how I understood the prob. :dunno:

Your whole series of events was correct until the end.

Ok I'm going to explain it plain as day so people get what the problem is (some of you still don't, apparently).

I globaled for 116 PED. Burnsey HoF'd (NOT GLOBALED) for 89 PED, which is less than my global (and yet his was still a HoF). AFTER his HoF of 89 PED, several more people GLOBALED (not HoF'd) for more than he HoF'd.

GradenFoss has it totally right until the end. Burnsey's was not replaced by the larger loots. They were simply globals even though they were worth more than his 89 PED HoF. They should have replaced him on the HoF board, but did not.

Again, not complaining about Burnsey or anything. He's a really nice guy. It's not like this is a 4th grade competition of "anything you can do, I can do better". It's just a strange anomaly in the HoF chart is all. :)

Next time take a screenshot
Thank you for telling us about this matter.

It happens more often than most people think, try looking at the HoF boards on the day that follows a day with low activity.

It happens more often than most people think, try looking at the HoF boards on the day that follows a day with low activity.
I seen it at least once too so I know it can happen but those times I just thought it was some server restart or some kind of error for a second or so and not thought about it more.
So yeas it can happen, and it it's like you claim I guess it's a lot more common then I thought

I'd think is rather a problem with 24h definition and prolly some time buffer. I also had global when hof list had 98 positions then in matter of minutes a smaller global made it to the list.

I thought it was mob specific. His 89 ped HOF might've been the Highest Longtooth. Your 169 ped Trox must not have been the highest Trox.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

If it really is mob-specific, I'd love a rep from whoever designed the system to give us a rundown of how exactly it works. It's not like knowing that will ruin 'balancing' or anything. :)

If it really is mob-specific, I'd love a rep from whoever designed the system to give us a rundown of how exactly it works. It's not like knowing that will ruin 'balancing' or anything. :)

Now that you mention it, check the "Tier" ATH list - how can a certain item of tier 1 be higher than another tier 10?

Could work kinda the same way for the HoF list but my guess goes for lag :laugh:

I can give you a possible explanation of a small global becoming a hof, then another larger small global after it not becoming a hof.

Each 'server' could have a copy of the hof list that is only updated every so often from a master record. Some of the servers could have been lagging on their update and saw the value fall off, while the other globals could have been on a different server that didn't register the expiring entry yet. And thus they still saw the large entry and didn't hof.

Who's to say exactly what it is without seeing MA's code. But would make sense if each server cached a copy of the hof board and checked against that.

I'm pretty certain each server has its own database for loot transactions that are reconciled with the master every so often.

-------------

I can say that many times ive seen a small hof go by, then a little bit larger immediately replace it a few seconds or a minute later, then another slightly larger global replace that one a few more seconds, or another minute later.

Back