Aahhh... the EGG and Deathifier

not all risks that I take pay off, just go take a look at the popularity of the Letomie, the most expensive of the creatures I assembled last year :)

- Deathifier

Hey mate loan me that shiny set of POE u have and I will camp them non stop for you ;)

Could someone repeat the name of the single coming out soon and who it is that's singing it?

thats coming from the sale of the egg?

Cheri moon - "One more crazy summer" or something like that :)

thats coming from the sale of the egg?

Cheri moon - "One more crazy summer" or something like that :)

Ahh.. right.. so it was Cheri Moon - One more crazy summer...

cool.

Just to get that right

yep

The proceeds are going towards a video for the song is my understanding.

:)

I think Zach will get a new DNA for a very profitable and unique creature, maybe Atrox like but with better loot.

That will satisfy him as well as MA's reputation and you can't put a price on unique DNAs.

And ofc it was a great publicity stunt for MA, that's why they put it in the news page, and that's why Zach will get a fair prize :) MA won't pay a penny for the egg, they will profit from it together with Zach when the creature hatches :)

It will probably be called Hybritrox or something :)

Last edited:
in a virtual world whose lifespan will be measured in decades :)

i dont want to be a funspoiler but...

unless u know something we dont, did MA ever tell u the lifespan of entropia?

this question already crossed my mind as i feel some avas got a bit more info than others from MA.

other than that. big gz on buying the egg and GL with whatever omes out if it

Here is the bit where I will sound mean. I hope that whatever loots from it is worth less than 696969 PED.
I think that it will set a very bad precendent if MA just increase the loot value depending on the amount paid for something.
A little speculation is a good thing but if MA always give back more than the amount paid for a unique item that contains an unspecified loot then what is to stop avatars paying 1 million or 10 million PEDS in the future?

I doubt very much that the TT value of whatever hatches from it will be higher than 696969 PED. The market value of the item however is really not upto MA, and if it does turn out to be worth more than 696969 PED then you really couldn't pin that on MA or deathifier could you? It is after all we the players who set the market value of items such as this.

PS: MY latest predictions for what hatches from the egg....

(Nothing, it just grown arms and legs, becomes a brain and starts walking around.)
egg-20.jpg

(Yeah ok i played too much mario last night ... so sue me :p)
egg_pecking.jpg

I doubt very much that the TT value of whatever hatches from it will be higher than 696969 PED. The market value of the item however is really not upto MA, and if it does turn out to be worth more than 696969 PED then you really couldn't pin that on MA or deathifier could you? It is after all we the players who set the market value of items such as this.

I think it's far more likely to be something that can earn money rather than something worth a lot of money if sold at the TT. It will therefore have a high market value (guessing a mob with it's own DNA, with facility to make more? I mean, one single mob won't be a lot of fun lol) but there's no need at all to match the purchase price, it's not something they've bothered about before.

Hurrikane

I think it's far more likely to be something that can earn money rather than something worth a lot of money if sold at the TT. It will therefore have a high market value (guessing a mob with it's own DNA, with facility to make more? I mean, one single mob won't be a lot of fun lol) but there's no need at all to match the purchase price, it's not something they've bothered about before.

Hurrikane

Thats the point I was trying to make, whatever profits will be made from this will have to come from the value that we the player base give it.

Deathifier..

I wish you well in all your endeveres, you are a awsome human and deserve all you strive for. The egg will be worth its weight in... gold of course :D
MA/FPC knows the sacrifice you have endured to make this and all of eu grow, once again you have surprised and overcome obsticales which have had many question what may be questionable to many but in my opinion have the funds/balls to do so.. gratz to you now and gratz for the future.. best of luck always.

I think MA had a plan for the egg at the start.

Neverdie paid way more for it than MA thought was going to happen.
MA had to change the plan.
Now that it has been resold for even more they may have to change the plan again.

Tbh, I do not see why MindArk would feel compelled to change its plans.
Mindark has not directly received 70K USD. It's NEVERDIE that received 70K USD and now go party with his girlfriend.

Ofc it would be nice from MindArk to do something great with the Egg but all they got from it is the decay caused by the event surrounding the discovery of the Egg. I dont think "they" earned 70K USD from this event.

I don't expect my purchase of it to change anything, as I said I believe FPC already has a plan and with VU10 done there's little that'd prevent that plan coming to completion.

I think some really cool stuff might be inside,

- Deathifier
yup inside of it could be the parts needed for ND's sports arena

Cracy amount of peds for a VR egg lol :eek::rolleyes::eek::laugh:

I do hope u dont have to regret this purchase tho Mr Deathifier,what ewer will come out from that egg i do think it will be hard to reach the value u set on it now tho.

The PR is ofc a significant point here, and i think it would be a good idea if MA hatched a nice DNA of it for u:D

I like to say BIG gratz to Newerdie on this sale ! :yay::wtg:

And Good luck with the Egg Mr Deathifier, u deserw a nice outcome from this imo :yay::D

i dont want to be a funspoiler but...

unless u know something we dont, did MA ever tell u the lifespan of entropia?

this question already crossed my mind as i feel some avas got a bit more info than others from MA.

MA used to use the phrase "Project Entropia is available around the clock for decades to come." on their website and when promoting Entropia.
Some websites still show up using this when you search for "Entropia decades to come" and the internet achives return a result from 2006, and there's probably an older one on the older projectentropia.com domain.

MA also stated back in PE's days that the goal was to continually develop the same world, not split it off and work on sequels.

When MA split FPC off and turned into a platform provider, and particularly with VU10 and previous major overhauls, they are following this path of continual evolution.

Additionally MA has stated, in one of the planet Q&A sessions they held, that if a planet partner fails or leaves their planet is taken over.

Thus for Calypso to vanish would require MA to vanish and the whole platform with it - something that gets less likely with each new planet partner signing on and will get even less likely as those planets actually launch.

All of the above is public information - you just have to know that it is out there, and it helps if you've been involved in the world since 2002 and have seen it all first hand :)

and you are 110% sure that this is true?

I have asked him many times since he purchased it if he knows what will happen, and he said he does not.

I believe he is telling the truth.

- Deathifier

I have asked him many times since he purchased it if he knows what will happen, and he said he does not.

I believe he is telling the truth.

- Deathifier

PM Chat:

[Deathifier] yo bro whats up?
[NEVERDIE] Nothing, just chilling
[Deathifier]soo...about that egg
[NEVERDIE]yes?
[Deathifier] do u know whats coming out of it?
[NEVERDIE]noo dude, all i know is that its something great, but nothing specific
[Deathifier]sure?
[NEVERDIE]dude I cross my heart and spit over left shoulder!!
[Deathifier]hmm...sooo...do u know whats coming out of the egg?
[NEVERDIE]NO DUDE, I already told you!!! only thing i know - it'll be something great!
[Deathifier] hmmm...ok.....buuuuut...what if...maybe...for example...you could have known......what might have...if u got some hint from MA...
[NEVERDIE]WHATA FOCK MAN!!! I told you already!!!
[Deathifier] ok ok, chill, I was just asking, no big deal...it's just that...well. maybe you had a dream and a marckingbird came to you i your dream and...well...maybe whispered something..now no no don't take it wrong, i'm not calling you a lier, but mabe you know somethoooOOooOOOOooOooOOOooOOOOoooOOOOO
NEVERDIE has killed Deathifier with his Balls of Fury (L)
[Neverdie]damn Sorry Deathy, just lost my temper, why you pushed me so much??!!??
[Deathifier] Why did you do that man? sending me to revival and shit...i mean i was just wondering, that maybe, somehow you could have overheard som
[NEVERDIE]aaaahhhhhhhahahh I HATE YOU!
NEVERDIE KILLED NEVERDIE
[NEVERDIE]oooOOOoooOooOOOooOOOOooOOooooOO
[Deathifier] ND c'mon, that was childish, all I wanted to know if you knew someting about the egg, lighten up man:)

To the great surprise of the Calypso community I bid on and won the Unique Green Atrox Egg that Neverdie placed on auction recently, paying 696969 PED for it.

I have watched with interest the comments surrounding the auction, the speculation afterwards, and the press releases from Neverdie and First Planet Company (FPC).

Whilst disbelief that I would buy a seemingly useless egg for such a large amount of PED is understandable, the transaction is legitimate – I won the auction, I now own the egg and Neverdie now has a large pile of PED.

Claims that the transaction was just a publicity stunt, that I received part of the purchase price back, or that the transaction included some share of Neverdie’s companies, are all false.

I also do not know what will hatch out of it, and neither does Neverdie.

I do, however, believe that whatever hatches will be unique and interesting, and unique is a valuable label to have in a virtual world whose lifespan will be measured in decades :)

I also believe that FPC has had an “egg plan” for quite some time now and that the effort required to produce VU10 delayed its implementation.
With VU10 done I believe that they may now have time to complete their plan, and I purchased the egg hoping that whatever happens to it will happen this year or early next year.

It was nice to learn what Neverdie will be using the money for – for him the egg has hatched into a tidy profit with which he will fund his next big hit on the dance music scene, “One More Crazy Summer” by Cheri Moon.

I wish Neverdie and Cheri all the best with their endeavours, they sound like a lot of fun :)

For us on Calypso the egg remains shrouded in mystery, waiting silently for whatever trigger will hatch it.

See you around Calypso!
- Deathifier

You will prolly get you own planet out of the egg.

lmao @ gently
gl deathifier i hope it pays off in spades.

What will happen if ma let hatch out a atrox queen which globals after killing it. Further it will contain a shadow harness F.

Would you be angry if that happens? (or any similuar) What would be your feelings?

pls tell

What will happen if ma let hatch out a atrox queen which globals after killing it. Further it will contain a shadow harness F.

Would you be angry if that happens? (or any similuar) What would be your feelings?

pls tell

lol no, he'll get shiny shoes, se through white shirt and tour australia with Lord of the Dance..

seriously, asking if someone gets upset when loses 68k usd is like asking if men like having their balls shaved with a loan mower - FUCKNG DUHH :D

lol no, he'll get shiny shoes, se through white shirt and tour australia with Lord of the Dance..

seriously, asking if someone gets upset when loses 68k usd is like asking if men like having their balls shaved with a loan mower - FUCKNG DUHH :D

I thought this was a very good post ;) Then i saw your in game name and ROFL

I don't really believe they had any plan for the egg until someone paid 10 grand for it. Then they were like "uhhh.... yea I guess we better do something with this egg."

Please only answer One question...

Its seem (to me anyway) that you didnt have alot of competition with buying the egg BUT you did anyway buy it for the big amount of 696969 and not bidding lets say 20k $ less for it? Why bid the big number ND stated in his post?

(correct me if im wrong, and the buyout actally was 696969 so it was impossible to buy it for another sum)...

Hope to get an answer on this (if its not answered before... :)

What im wondering..

You are saying that you dont know what it will bring, that you just know about the news MA said before VU10...

So what are you saying now is that you knew MA is planning something with the EGG to have it corresponding value to what it was sold for. It was sold for 10k USD, so MA most probably (if they) planned something worth around 10k$..

You now said that you know this.. and you still bought it for 69k USD ???

Thats fishy man :)

Again: You knew MA is planning something for 10k USD and you buy it for 69k ?

Please only answer One question...

Its seem (to me anyway) that you didnt have alot of competition with buying the egg BUT you did anyway buy it for the big amount of 696969 and not bidding lets say 20k $ less for it? Why bid the big number ND stated in his post?

(correct me if im wrong, and the buyout actally was 696969 so it was impossible to buy it for another sum)...

Hope to get an answer on this (if its not answered before... :)

The egg was on ingame auction and the SB was 696969. So it wasnt possible to bid 20k for it but as has been said it seemed that Deathifier was interested in buying it before hand and actually made a private bid for it before. After the sale of CP there were a fair many people who had large amounts on their ped card. IMO it was the perfect time to put the egg up for sale :)

The egg was on ingame auction and the SB was 696969. So it wasnt possible to bid 20k for it but as has been said it seemed that Deathifier was interested in buying it before hand and actually made a private bid for it before. After the sale of CP there were a fair many people who had large amounts on their ped card. IMO it was the perfect time to put the egg up for sale :)

Ahh okey thnx for the answer :) clears abit of the mess in my head! ;)

Your probably right about many ppl had a couple of peds in their cards also!

Back