account locked

Thx MA this is good to hear for a honnest customer ;)

mistakes can happens. In this case you just have to be patient. And maybe write more support cases.

And read the ruls for playing EU proper!

And how Mercury say, maybe a new deposite will help. Write again a support case and say big sorry for your mistake, and that you will save the ruls in future. maybe it helps.

If you haven't done so already, making a copy of an acceptable ID (passport/driving licens or simular) and having the copy verified by a "public notary" (since MA suspects scamming they probably want it verified) and sending in to MA office (by postal mail) might help things speed up. If you don't want to do the trouble in vain you could ask support first if they want it, ofc.

Especially if they're going to unlock it I guess this will make the process faster for you, since I guess they would ask for a verified ID before unlocking account anyway.

I'm not criminal, I just buy some ped, I never use credit card to buy ped, or something like that.
I have a question for you: If you go to "free trade zone" and you find 1 item and cost $1000 ( negotiate for this price ) and the real price for this item is $2000 you don't buy this item?
I'm neewbie and I never read the "Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU)". Is my mistake.

Buying something for a price that you know is much too low, and so crime is involved, is a crime itsself. So, you bought something worth $150 that you know you could only get legally get if you paid $150, yet you bought it from an untrusted source and only paid $70. You could know crime was involved. Congratulations, you're a criminal!
Oh, you didn't read the TOU/laws? Everybody is supposed to know the law, not knowing is not an excuse.

I'm not criminal, I just buy some ped

By law you cannot legally acquire the ownership of stolen goods.
You are entitled to demand your money back from the trader,
but the PED you bought are stolen goods.
Also the laws of your country very likely define the trade of stolen goods as illegal, so very probably you are a criminal right now indeed.
To relieve yourself of complicity you should make a report at your local police station, else you might be seen as confidant and run into danger to be pressed with a charge of obstruction of punishment.
Especially as you documented your involvement so well in this forum here and are probably quite traceable ;)

Seems like you are getting punished for not reading TOS and being a little too greedy.

Most people would take that offer.
And they generalize too!

No seriously i feel sorry for you, and the surroundings you are in, because most people i know would not take that offer!

By law you cannot legally acquire the ownership of stolen goods.
You are entitled to demand your money back from the trader,
but the PED you bought are stolen goods.
Also the laws of your country very likely define the trade of stolen goods as illegal, so very probably you are a criminal right now indeed.
To relieve yourself of complicity you should make a report at your local police station, else you might be seen as confidant and run into danger to be pressed with a charge of obstruction of punishment.
Especially as you documented your involvement so well in this forum here and are probably quite traceable ;)

Quite correct.

Look at it this way. If someone came up to you in a bar and offered you a brand new car radio or television for like $10 or $100 when the real price should be ten times that amount, a lot or people would probably take the deal, these same people would also have a pretty good idea that those items could be stolen.

Isnt this what has happened here?

If I came up to you and offered to sell you $50 in exchange for $10 . Would you do it ?

If you did take this deal what happens when you go to a bank or shop to spend that $50 and they tell you its fake money ?

Remember "If something seems to good to be true , it probably is "

You could know crime was involved. Congratulations, you're a criminal!
Oh, you didn't read the TOU/laws? Everybody is supposed to know the law, not knowing is not an excuse.

Not just the "price", but also the circumstances (the fact you didn't get the entire amount from a single avatar) should have made your alarm bells sound. It's like buying a pair of gloves from someone, where the pricetags on the two gloves doesn't come from same shop. And when the third trade shows up you get a bag from a third shop with attached burglar alarm...

You sucks..

if you really think you get xxx peds for xxxped/2 or whatever then you suck..

Welcome to real life friend.., ofc, you get banned..
think this tread is just bull****

its someone who try to get some credits for being stupid..

GO go MA, keep them banned:)

I hate scammers, btw, ( if you dont realised that already:)

GL out there all honest avatars:)

I hear alot of people saying yadda, yadda, yadda i would never do this and this person had to be dis-honest and you had to know of the scam. yadda yadda yadda.

My point i want to make if you go back say 4+ years ago there was a ton of people that used to sell their peds for cheaper cash out of game. To prove my point. Just click on the sales theads and click back to the first page and the first 20+ pages there is dozens of people selling peds to be paid for over paypal or other such ways. We all know now it is against the rules to do that on this forum or in game but i would bet my bottom $ this kind of thing happens still every day. Mostly to avoid the timely and coastly withdraw process. I am not saying it is wise to trust people that every thing is on the up and up but you will be always taking your chance doing something like this.

because you bought stolen peds maybe?

its not allowed to buy peds from other avatars in game. you need to use MAs options.

Not entirely true, at least per what they say in their TOU, but they do contradict themselves also.

6. Transactions with Virtual and Real Life Items
6.1. Transactions between Avatars
The Entropia Universe provides You with trading administration services (including the Auction System service, the Shop Systems services, Avatar Direct Trade System services etc) that enables You to carry out secure transactions with others, in which participating parts can exchange Virtual Items and Real World Items (the "Approved Transaction").
Please notice that transactions concerning payment for Virtual Items, including PED, outside the Entropia Universe often involve fraudulent activities. You acknowledge that any transaction regarding Virtual Items, including PED, carried out using any service or system other than one of MindArk’s Approved Transaction systems is at Your own risk.

But contradicts themselves
MindArk reserves the right to take any reasonably necessary measures for the purpose of preventing and acting against frauds and non-Approved Transactions, including, but not limited to, making a reservation against a suspected Transaction, and Banning and/or Terminating a directly or indirectly involved Account, if MindArk determines that the transaction was not performed in compliance to this Agreement.MindArk acknowledges the responsibility to maintain records on all transactions with Virtual Items via MindArk's Approved Transaction systems. You agree that MindArk's transaction records shall be conclusive proof of the transaction carried out via Your Account.
You acknowledge Your responsibility to keep track of any and all transactions with Virtual Items involving Your Account. MindArk accepts no responsibility for misplaced or misused Virtual Items in any incidence, regardless of reason.

I certainly wouldn't trust the advice from the attorney (more likely law student or wannabe) that wrote this TOU.

7. Virtual Currency Transfers and Fund Transactions
The Entropia Universe incorporates a PED Card System connected to each Account, through which MindArk administers the funds You transfer to and withdraw from the Entropia Universe (the “PED Card”).
You may use MindArk’s approved and secured fund transfer methods to increase by deposits and/or decrease by withdrawals the PED balance on Your PED Card. The deposited funds are converted by MindArk to PED that may be used by You as virtual currency in the Entropia Universe. If You choose to deposit or withdraw funds to or from the Entropia Universe You hereby agree to any costs and fees involved in all fund transfers. For further information please see here under the “Account” Section (Sub-sections "Deposits" and/or "Withdrawals") of the Entropia Universe website.
You acknowledge that MindArk may refuse, halt or reverse a withdrawal, and/or ask You to verify Your identity as condition to withdrawal if:
1. MindArk is unable to verify or authenticate any or some of the Self-Registered Information You provide; or
2. You did not provide MindArk with the full and comprehensive information needed to complete a withdrawal; or
3. MindArk is obliged by law or regulations to do so; or
4. it is suspected that the withdrawal may involve fraudulent and/or other unlawful activity; or
5. the PED balance on Your PED Card is less than 1 000 PED, the minimum amount for a withdrawal.
MindArk acknowledges the responsibility to maintain records of finance for all funds transactions in connection with Your use of the Entropia Universe. You agree that MindArk's transaction records shall be conclusive proof of the transaction carried out to or from Your PED Card.
MindArk will provide You with a fund transfer statement, showing Your deposits and withdrawals for the last 12 months (under the Account Section). Notwithstanding the forgoing, You acknowledge Your responsibility to keep track of any transactions with virtual currency within the Entropia Universe to or from Your PED Card. MindArk accepts no responsibility for funds and/or PED misplaced or misused in any incidence, regardless of reason.

Don't see anywhere YOU MUST only use their system.

Normally Companies spell out what you can do and what you CANNOT do. This TOU is vague on these areas, but then if you do them, they ban you for an investigation. :scratch2:

One of these days I need to dig up that piece on online games and money laundry.

Who knows what happened, OP can say anything, support really is a better venue for this.

If you still don't understand what you did wrong, you will never be unlocked, and shouldn't be.

Don't see anywhere YOU MUST only use their system.

You acknowledge that any transaction regarding Virtual Items, including PED, carried out using any service or system other than one of MindArk’s Approved Transaction systems is at Your own risk.

I thought that one should be clear enough; noone forces you to use a certain system, but if you do something "out-of-system" (ie buying PEDs) it's at your own risk.

For some obvious reasons, MA can't prohibit "blank" PED transfers (player A lends 100 ped to player B for ammo, player A and player B is a married couple and they pass an apartment deed between them). Though, in these cases, player A and player B know eachother well enough the other one isn't a scammer so they "take the risk".

You acknowledge that any transaction regarding Virtual Items, including PED, carried out using any service or system other than one of MindArk’s Approved Transaction systems is at Your own risk.

I thought that one should be clear enough; noone forces you to use a certain system, but if you do something "out-of-system" (ie buying PEDs) it's at your own risk.

Correct, like a beach with no life guard, usually a sign stating swim at your own risk. It is not prohibited to swim there because if it were, there would be a sign stating such.

So MA is stating "at your own risk" but not that it is prohibited. If the other party is for example selling peds obtained with a stolen credit card, well it's at your own risk you buy those peds, and can and most likely will lose them and what you paid for them with.

However, it seems on other occasions MA has locked accounts for any dealings that aren't through their systems, acting as if it's prohibited, and they don't say it is, just that it's at your own risk.

If they don't want people doing it at all, then they need to JUST SAY SO and put in their TOU.

Correct, like a beach with no life guard, usually a sign stating swim at your own risk. It is not prohibited to swim there because if it were, there would be a sign stating such.

So MA is stating "at your own risk" but not that it is prohibited. If the other party is for example selling peds obtained with a stolen credit card, well it's at your own risk you buy those peds, and can and most likely will lose them and what you paid for them with.

However, it seems on other occasions MA has locked accounts for any dealings that aren't through their systems, acting as if it's prohibited, and they don't say it is, just that it's at your own risk.

If they don't want people doing it at all, then they need to JUST SAY SO and put in their TOU.

Read the bit about credit card fraud again.

The guy has not been locked because he bought PEDs outside of EU. He's been locked because those PEDs were stolen.

I've never heard of anyone being locked for buying PEDs from a friend etc. It's only when the source of those PEDs is illegal that it becomes a problem, and this is clearly stated in the ToU passages you quoted earlier.

It has happened that tons of people were locked, some year ago when there was some big CC fraud going on, and the CC frauder went on shopping spree in auction.

In that case it was pretty clear the purpose probably was to freeze the actual "stolen PEDs" before someone took them out of game, and most of the people who got (temporarily) locked got unlocked automatically after a few days - and that is covered in the EULA that MA has the right to temporarily lock during investigation - except for a few people who probably was found with their fingers deep down in the cookie jar.

Also people who delt (legitemately) with Argus bank owner, not knowing the bank owner was involved with private trades with locked avatars who got in through a glitch, and as far as I know they also got released after investigation (and possibly trade reversals).

Back