account locked

It's not something to laugh about. He may be an MMO player in witch case buying ingame currency is pretty ordinary. Still, a bad move

Buying in-game currency in legal way is one thing ,but LOL this is ilegal!
What can you expect for 1500ped - 70 dollars - account locked and bb,case closed:yay::yay:

Most people would take that offer.

HELL NO

- Most ppl isnt criminal - Its a criminal act to buy stolen goods like this case stolen ped from CC fraut

So you would buy a flat screen tv (not unpacked) for half the value from a guy on a bar??

Sounds like a clear case to me. 1500 PED for 70$. Yeah. Fail. Next time read the EULA.

Sorry.
Case closed.
:locked:

So you would buy a flat screen tv (not unpacked) for half the value from a guy on a bar??

Yes ofc, unless the guy at the bar wanted to write down my name...lol

Accont Locked

Look sorry about your luck, but you should have gotten ped the honest way. I work hard for my ped. You cant go around finding the easy way out of things it doesnt always pay off. You should give the name of the person who gave you the ped, but there will probable be no proof that the avatar you mention will confess. Best of luck.

I checked KLMANTUL (the OP guy) on Entrkopia Tracker.
It seems you've been around here for some time - at least from march. Being here so long you honestly should have read the Terms at least ones and by reading them and the forum you'd learn what are the ways of scamming people. You would know what to avoid...
Now you can "be smart after the hurt is done", sorry mate.

Now to all the new commers who read this thread - READ THE AGREEMENT you have to accept each time you log in. And before you do something like that, remember you can ask ppl here if that's legal or not, ask friends ingame, ask your "mentors". And learn the lesson, illigal actions are not good for you...

You got scammed in an old and classical way. If you cooperate with MA they may unlock you, but I wouldn't have much hope if I were you, especialy after you tried to make another account. Real Cash Economy makes Entropia a different game from other MMOs, they are very sensitive about money... Write them a support, be nice and kind, explain, apologize and see what happens.
Tell MA all the story - who you bought the ped from, what was his account name or names. Cooperate... No need to share with us here, but share with MA in support case.

Someone here pointed out that buying in-game items IRL is common in other MMOs. It sure is, but as far as I know in most of them it's also illegal.
I know there were ped selling offers from other countries as well on local Entropia forums in the past. I don't know about present as i don't check these forums now.
So if any of you here think about buying ped cheaper than from MA, think twice now.

And sorry, KLMANTUL. Guys should have explained to you why they started giggling about Romania before they did. It's an old case... I know decent players from Romania, but the case was big and got very well known.

HELL NO

- Most ppl isnt criminal - Its a criminal act to buy stolen goods like this case stolen ped from CC fraut

Damn right. Having been a victim of theft in the past I have very strong views about this + the law views buying something stolen just as bad as stealing it. As without somewhere to sell the stolen property the crime would not have taken place. Which is what you have done. YOU have bought stolen property.

And to answer your first post the answer is already there.

.... We will not unlock this account again.

Someone can help me with this?
How I can unlock my account?

bye

:wave::wave:

It's not something to laugh about. He may be an MMO player in witch case buying ingame currency is pretty ordinary. Still, a bad move

Yes, bad move, klmantul is my friend and i know all about the ped, AAAAAAA my account is locked because i buy ped from the same guy 1500 for 70$ :mad:

Please notice that transactions concerning payment for Virtual Items, including PED, outside the Entropia Universe often involve fraudulent activities. You acknowledge that any transaction regarding Virtual Items, including PED, carried out using any service or system other than one of MindArk’s Approved Transaction systems is at Your own risk.

That doesn't mean its forbidden in my eyes.. but

MindArk reserves the right to take any reasonably necessary measures for the purpose of preventing and acting against frauds and non-Approved Transactions, including, but not limited to, making a reservation against a suspected Transaction, and Banning and/or Terminating a directly or indirectly involved Account, if MindArk determines that the transaction was not performed in compliance to this Agreement.

But this (plus more info we don't know about at MA) would be the option in this case I bet.

:duh:

Yes, bad move, klmantul is my friend and i know all about the ped, AAAAAAA my account is locked because i buy ped from the same guy 1500 for 70$ :mad:

So it's more then just one person? I wonder how many wanted to get cheap peds this way...
Well, maybe you manage to find out who was the guy selling peds, and explain what heppened with MA somehow.
Try to search other ppl who got fooled and gather more information. Make support cases, if MA tells you to cooperate with the police as well (at least try to)...

HELL NO

MindArk has had a reputation of taking forever to get people their withdrawals, so people have sold PED out of game in the past (as pointed out in the quoted Terms of Use - it isn't against the rules, just heavily discouraged). Hell, I've sold PED to people I knew (wouldn't sell to a stranger) and effectively bought PED from friends. In early 2003, I had a buddy that had a V1 and I wanted one too - he was broke until his next check and wanted a pizza... he offered me the V1 if I would buy a pizza - I accepted (keep in mind that back then, a V1 was a 200 ped gun, I bought it from him with a $16 pizza). Later, in 2005, I wrecked my car and needed it repaired ASAP - I liquidated as much PED as I could and then sold PED to a friend at an 11:1 rate in order to pay for the needed repairs. Still, in both cases I've been in all parties knew that everything involved was 100% legit - I would NEVER conduct that sort of deal with a stranger, it is just too risky. I highly doubt the guy selling the PED came up to the OP saying, "Hey, I have some PED that fell off an avatar, I'll sell it cheap". Still - the extreme value ($150 for $70) and the fact that it was coming off of multiple avatars should have been a huge tip-off. Yes - the OP should have seen something fishy from the start, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because, as they say, "A sucker is born every minute". Not only that, but some people are far too trusting to allow themselves to see that not everyone is working towards their best interest.

As for the TV analogy - that isn't that great of an example these days... Ever hear of Craigslist? People effectively do this every day. Would I buy a TV from a guy at the bar for half the going price? Sure - but only if he could show me a receipt. With the global economy the way it is, some people are in desperate need of money and are doing whatever they can just to make their bills (even if it means selling their property at significant losses).

I guess the moral is that you should always be wary when dealing with people you don't know - especially if ANY part of the deal seems too good or anything seems to be out of the ordinary. In my 7 1/2 years in Entropia, I've seen numerous scams and have been targeted by several - by always being vigilant and examining every deal as though I were signing an important contract, I've never been victimized. I've never been the target of a trust scam like the one that hit Rep, Rei, and other cK members last year - so I can't comment on those, but standard scams like the on in question here are easy to catch if you just pay attention to detail. Still, I know that not everyone is as careful and paranoid as me - I'm just naturally paranoid when it comes to my money because I grew up in a poor family and learned early that there is always someone out there that is trying to take what is rightfully yours from you.

The OP was either willing and complicit or naive, I hope all goes well for them if it is the later. Though, if the later is true, Entropia may not be the best bet for the OP to spend time in.

So it's more then just one person? I wonder how many wanted to get cheap peds this way...
Well, maybe you manage to find out who was the guy selling peds, and explain what heppened with MA somehow.
Try to search other ppl who got fooled and gather more information. Make support cases, if MA tells you to cooperate with the police as well (at least try to)...

Look at the name and post count - I think somebody is trolling.

I noticed the name, but it's still interesting to know if more ppl will say they got scammed on cheap ped.
Being honest all the story is kinda fishy - half free ped, no avatar name, more than one falling on the scam. Many things don't make sense and are not clear here imho.

I met someone personaly in Bucarest, RO and give me ped from some avatar, not 1 avatar. I don't know avatar name. Is 5-6 avatar. I buy ~1500 ped for $70, is a great offer.

hehe oops :D

I buy $ 150 dollars for $ 70 :duh: what a great offer with no fraud attached :laugh:

Sorry but you deserve the ban for being stupid

I met someone personaly in Bucarest, RO and give me ped from some avatar, not 1 avatar. I don't know avatar name. Is 5-6 avatar. I buy ~1500 ped for $70, is a great offer.

if the offer is too good to be true it mostly is
great offer to get account locked you mean

I noticed the name, but it's still interesting to know if more ppl will say they got scammed on cheap ped.
Being honest all the story is kinda fishy - half free ped, no avatar name, more than one falling on the scam. Many things don't make sense and are not clear here imho.

I have seen this player before, and that is the ingame name.

I won't comment on this any more, since we've probably heard enough of the "Too good to be true" remarks.

Ma answers their phone during business hours. Out of game transfers are at your own risk. If you pay ma again for the 1500 ped and prove your identity they will unlock you. Send support and they always answer. If they don't then you are probably full of shit. :d

newbie question

excuse me for a maybe simple question: Does every piece of money in the game has a serial number like the bank notes in real life, so i can track them, write them down?

i am afraid to start exchanging money and goods, if you say that the money here can be stolen and accounts get banned because wrong money came into wrong hands;

please somebody explain this in really simple and understandable terms; i still do not understand many things so please don't confuse me further!

When I meet beginners who don't have CC and wonders about other ways to get PEDs, I explicitly warn them against purchasing PEDs from other avatars, because the risk of scamming and risk of getting account locked.

I think the original poster should see it from another angle:

Imagine 5 avatars get their passwords cracked (keylogger?). Then someone logs in on them, one by one, from a "suspicious country", probably from same IP address. The hacked avatars than trade with same avatar, using an IP addres that is geograpically close, and hands over PEDs.

Now, think a bit, and imagine what MAs deduction of this is.
To simplify it again:
5 hacked avatars log in one by one, handing over PEDs to another avatar with who they have never had any deal before. Occams razor then tells that the avatar receiving all the money is the "hub" in the scheme.

If the OP wants his account back, I guess one way would be if he gives MA and local police all information his got about the one he bought PEDs from. Maybe MA will see it from a different angle if they're able to solve a bigger scamming scheme. Ultimately, it's a question about who you put first in this case - if it's an IRL friend and you don't want him to get into trouble and the lost PE account is a minor thing in the whole picture, or if it's a criminal who should be kept off from robbing other avatars.

Maybe the first avatar should be happy if this ends with just a locked avatar, and that no robbed avatar decides to file a report with police about fraud (scamming) or computer intrusion (keylogger).

i am afraid to start exchanging money and goods, if you say that the money here can be stolen and accounts get banned because wrong money came into wrong hands;

There is an obvious difference between someone handing over a pile of PEDs to someone completely unknown, and two avatars doing a trade with PEDs in one window and items with approximately same market value in the other window.

As for tracking PEDs: If all trades are logged in a database (including drop-trades and trades through auction), though it's not possible to track each PED coin it's possible to track the "money flow".

Last edited:
Does every piece of money in the game has a serial number like the bank notes in real life

Yes, every item has an identification-number. But as players, we do not have access to it. So that means you have to keep track of things yourself

if you say that the money here can be stolen

Things can no be stolen outright, unless somebody has your login-name and password, which is why mindark provides the goldcard-system.

Mostly as a player, you only have to make sure to buy PED from mindark through the ingame-system or the planetpartner-website (which redirects to mindark). And of course you have to be cautious with stuff that might have been taken from other accounts wihout permission. If you follow that, then the worst that might happen is that your account gets locked for a while if they have to investigate things, but after that process, you can just play again.

Yes, every item has an identification-number. But as players, we do not have access to it. So that means you have to keep track of things yourself

I wonder if it works that way for each individucal PED/PEC that has been inserterd to PED card. Let's say you have 50 ped on your card, you get 150 ped from avatar B and 100 ped from avatar C, and then you "insert all" to PED card.
Now you take out 100 ped from the card, and give to avatar D - I doubt those 100 PED will have same unique ID as the stack of PEDs you got from avatar C.

(Though, if A drops a stack of 100 PEDs on ground and B picks up same stack, then it's traceable.)

I wonder if it works that way for each individucal PED/PEC that has been inserterd to PED card. Let's say you have 50 ped on your card, you get 150 ped from avatar B and 100 ped from avatar C, and then you "insert all" to PED card.
Now you take out 100 ped from the card, and give to avatar D - I doubt those 100 PED will have same unique ID as the stack of PEDs you got from avatar C.

(Though, if A drops a stack of 100 PEDs on ground and B picks up same stack, then it's traceable.)

Yes, ever single transaction made between players are logged, every single ped or pec, no matter how small. Every second you are online is beeing logged as well.
If you transfer 1 pec it will get a ID, if you transfer 10 ped they will get a ID.
Every separate transaction has a unique ID, so they won't get mixed up.
Beside, it doesn't matter if you track the "same ped" or not, you will see what person has gotten what from who anyway, not if "It was the same peds".

In EU however, all players who would have been in the chain of the item/ped transfer, A-D, would get banned, even if lets say B was a bank, the bank would get banned if a "illegal" item got pawned into the bank, until the problem was resolved or the found someone guilty which only would lead to that person beeing kept banned.
So by trying to "trick" the system you are just screwing more people over :p

Yea, i vote for banning the whole country. Again... :D

Yeah, I vote for compulsory IQ tests for using the internet... :D

Banning a whole country is uneffective (the bad guys will find a way to get around it) and counterproductive since will also affect innocent people who will not generate decay anymore (and won't be bothered to find the ways around), so in the end you remain with only the bad guys which is the reverse of what you intended...

Ciobyna

To be specific, from the Terms of Use:

When I try to log in into my account, i see this: "This account is locked. Further inquires about this matter should be directed to Support." My account is not Terminated or Banned, is Locked

HELL NO

I'm not criminal, I just buy some ped, I never use credit card to buy ped, or something like that.
I have a question for you: If you go to "free trade zone" and you find 1 item and cost $1000 ( negotiate for this price ) and the real price for this item is $2000 you don't buy this item?
I'm neewbie and I never read the "Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU)". Is my mistake.

... MA .. told me that: This account has been locked due to an ongoing investigation involving credit card fraud. We will not unlock this account again. Please refer to § 5 of the ToU for further details. ...

It may say locked, but 'We will not unlock this account again' sounds awfully like a banned account to me :scratch2:

Clause 5 of the TOU which they refer to says:
Banned Account (or “Account Banning”) means that the Account is under investigation due to a suspected violation of the EULA, ToU and/or Rules of Conduct, or that the Account user was deemed to have violated one of the said agreements. This may be temporary for short or long periods, on MindArk's and/or MindArk's Partner sole and absolute discretion

Maybe someone who has been temp-banned can recall the wording when they tried to log in ?

Ma answers their phone during business hours. Out of game transfers are at your own risk. If you pay ma again for the 1500 ped and prove your identity they will unlock you. Send support and they always answer. If they don't then you are probably full of shit. :d

MA always answer at my question but they always told me that: "We will not unlock your account until the investigation is concluded. We must ask you to be patient and await the outcome.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support" They never answer at my question.
My case is open from 2010-04-25 and I don't have any news about this case.
I'm not full of shit please not offend.
My account whas created 2010-03-15 and I'm a newbie.

Back