Ancient Greece Shares

"use" is surely used here to mean using that figure in the maths. I 'used' 90% in my calcs.
Another calculation difference may be from what percentage we think a pp gets of the pie. Angela is right that they don't actually get 50% of revenue I believe, but neither do they only get 25%. The planet you were born on gets a cut, so usually Caly, and affiliate programmes that were activated for 'some people' also a bit. I don't know if the split nowadays is thus more like 40-40-20% (MA, pp, other).

Anyway, what we need is a payout of mostly 1 pec a week to equate approximately to CP shares at around 18.5 peds market price in my estimation.

Posterity update: we have now dropped below 270k remaining shares on offer at 10 peds. In the past month there have been a couple of buys of 1k@10 but the average at 10 is still only around 1k a week, with some trades at 9.9x as well.
Halloween Mayhem may have dented revenue and payouts as elsewhere too, so ok, but we need to get a steady pec per week again now I feel for the weeks leading up to Xmas Mayhem.

Swings and roundabouts:
Payouts are indeed occuring pec by pec, week by week - when an event doesn't pull people away, that is.
However, there is now a newly announced set of shares/deeds going up elsewhere, which is probably the reason why there are now over 7k of player-owned AG shares on offer right now at slightly below 10 peds.

Still, at least the waters of AG are no longer cold, but swimmable. Depending on how quickly the other offering gets taken up, eating away at the 10 ped block may restart again soon...

Not really selling at much a loss for now at least, apart from the fees. Mostly 9.9x peds compared to original purchase at 10.

Yes, CP shares are down to low 18.xx from almost mid-18s, but the offer volume is much more noticeable for the AG shares. It was only what I'd call dribs and drabs, and the 10s were being nibbled at when no below 10s were available. When I wrote earlier the figure was over 7k on offer, which represents far longer to fill (weeks) than those new shares elsewhere will be available I expect. Once the opportunity has passed, I reckon the offer volume for AG shares at <10 will go down again.

Not many buying at almost full price.
I would recommend anyone buying any AC deeds now anyway, unless they go below 8.
better to save up for TI shares.
I was having a look at returns on AG deeds. Looks like it will be ~6% of original price come end of first year (ignoring the 25pec transaction fee). Not fantastic but not the end of the world either. Suspect TI will do better due to convenience of access but ho hum, each to their own.

Start of 2022 update:
as of now we have had .46 peds of payout and regular postings of 9.99 are preventing the initial offerings at 10 from dropping, so still approx. 270k.

Payouts are not once a week yet, as hoped for from the cut in overall share volume, but Mayhem is currently hitting AUD and CP payouts too. Maybe we can aim for 40 or so payouts in 2022 (non-Caly event weeks)?

NI continues to slowly increase its attractiveness, now with incision plates and upgrade path. There are also new daily missions to unlock by completing a still somewhat secret set of other missions. This makes the planet more attractive, yes, but the AG part we get payouts from potentially less so if people spend more of their time close by, but not quite on AG.

Some of the balancing still looks to be way way off as far as creating better market conditions in the area. Although there are new bps from the new daily flower-crafting mission, flowers are not really in demand to get into the instance, or people are just crafting them themselves with their own mats. The new bps are for stuff like fences, paths and vegetation - what is the point of that? Admittedly I have sacrificed one item slot for a camp fire at my caravan (but even that was a gift), but if I want to even have a hope of selling stuff, I can't waste slots on trees and fences... not even I would use my own crafting successes, so hello tt it seems. Possibly the bps drop other more useful bps, but at 5 clicks per day I doubt people are excited to even try this...
At least the daily flowers mission requires 50 crafting clicks per day, but the resulting flowers are going straight in the bin. My sales from the caravan and auction are not even 1 per day...
Other bps such as the skyripper are also dead in the water because almost nobody is buying the trickle that are available on auction, even on Caly. To look on the bright side and say that at least skyrippers can be used as storage boxes is laughable. I even have skyrippers stored in my skyrippers - yeah baby!

For now it looks like the incision plates and special upgrade materials are what is to be 'farmed'. I'm on NI for that, not AG. If people chase one thing at a time, then yesterday's chase is the dust of history. Loot from noob mobs, once at good mu now not selling at all, the gorgons, the molochs, are all slipping away because of a brief 'incision' of the next activity?

My conclusion for now is that the devs are certainly working on content, but the sell-by date of content is in the order of weeks now, not even months. A HUGE thank you for the Xmas cookies, though. It would be nice if the best thing I could use them on were AG mobs, however, not 5 hour runs of Mayhem... think of our payouts if you want to get the rest of those shares sold... :)

Nice analysis. The problem is they focus their content around stupid fence posts or flower blueprints. Stuff nobody cares about. If they had an armatrix-like line of L weapon blueprints, people would get more excited about farming the mats for them and doing the missions to acquire these blueprints. Hell, they could develop a craftable range of MindForce chips, something that would be unique to them and drive in traffic, but instead we get useless cosmetic stuff that nobody wants, like a cactus or a t shirt.

Flowers are needed for the ghostly screecher instance, which apart from being horribly unoptimised, and bricks my computer after a few minutes, offers no point to do do it. Now if instead they had unique loot or a reward (unique weapon BP?) for killing a certain number then that might make the instance more popular, which will drive the flower making economy and demand for the loot to make them.
Currently there is just no point to doing anything, and they have to offer us raw TT rewards just to keep us on their planet.

TLDR: This is not directly about shares, but for better success for NI/AG overall. I think it's relevant to here, though :)

Thanks. I also forgot above to mention the asclarius pet on AG. In theory it was a great idea that the mission to tame 1 asc required 20 tamed pets from the noob farming pens over on NI. Finally something different from sweating or fruit walking as a time-consuming noob activity where spent time could be worth peds to higher players not wanting to spend the extra 30-40 mins taming their own turn-ins. I sold several sets of 10 at a time from my caravan (didn't want to take up 20 slots, so I refilled 10 every time). Apologies that they cost 1 ped each, but it is simply the minimum we can set. There was demand for a while when the asclarius was also in demand, and maybe there was p2p trading for 50 pecs per pet or whatever going on too. UNFORTUNATELY, that opportunity dropped away quickly as well.
Going right back to when the gorgon was new, people had to take the qualifier mission for that too, which put a nice mu on the mats for a while.

Thus, the devs HAVE sometimes created content that has provided mus, but it has always dried up. To take skyrimmers again, there are currently 15 on auction at Caly, the sales rate is 1 per day monthly average, so maybe half won't sell (fees lost) - and yet just ONE player can make 2 per day.

My sarcasm I have partially held back so far is: Ready Player One - THIS is your planet, for you alone! There's no room for a second player on the same activity, not even yourself half the time!

I REALLY DO accept that devs have to deal with MA and platform stuff such as waves beneath the surface. Believe me, it is possible to see the changes the devs have been making to those wave functions over time, so they really have been trying hard on NI/AG to get things to work better. They have sometimes managed quite ingenious solutions as well, so I applaud that. Right now it is fullerenes - possibly this is the best that can be done considering the underlying black box, but I've not tested this out fully yet.

Solutions? Tricky! Balance? Tricky! There ARE alpha,beta,gamma amps that have a tt of 10 peds but an mu of 900%. On the one hand, I believe the NI team wants to make all loots useful, but on the other, you are making low tt mats drops of 2 pecs that are (currently at least) worth even thousands% mu.
I understand it might be better to introduce a new mat than give an old mat that may be hoarded a new life, but...
wouldn't it be better for your aim to spread the desirability over higher tts of any new (or old) mat into (L)stuff that is worth mu to players?
[I mean give a currently worthless crystal an expected mu of 105%, so that even hoarers with 1k of the stuff will only make 50 peds from it, instead of looting 20 pecs of a 2 pec mat (10 mobs) per hour that are currently selling at 10 peds?]

Final note: I would gladly make Nip P5 guns and sell them at 110% or so, or use them myself, but I can't even get any charoite and the other whatsit at all now (calcedony). I think charoite is only in the P5 bp. Sand boar used to have it, but after a while of not getting a single one, you start to give up trying, even if it is still available in theory. Calcedony was off some low mob on AG, but I've not seen it either now (I think a mob went missing there - a minotaur type...)

Last edited:
So, another week passes, this time with a payout again. Mayhem is drawing to a close and we can soon begin to see what the new normal (post share reduction) looks like.
I've had a think about my recent posts to see if I have underplayed any positives or been unfair on the devs.
It's all a bit chicken or egg really; what came first, the players or a working economy? There are now enough daily missions around to exceed the time players probably routinely have, once they have qualified for dailies that take up more time. "You take the high road and I'll take the low road, and we'll both get mu in our loot-sy" could at least be potentially sung out now, but after just a couple of weeks of a mission that rewards tiger's eye, for example, and a few sales on the AH, it appears nobody wants to pay the previous mu for it now. This is understandable, but shows that if players can simply get something for themselves, then they probably will, especially if there is (or was) moderate mu on it.
The next step surely has to be useful crafting, otherwise mats will just gather dust. I now have all of the bps available from the daily flowers mission - and they all appear to be useless so far... just as the flowers are for the most part too (as already mentioned).

Maybe I should focus on getting into the Moloch - and forget about other 'daily life' on NI/AG. That is an AG activity, after all, and feeds into payouts. But it seems very slow to have one person move up, creating 'room' for one more person to come and join the basic planetary activities...
2022 - what should I do?

Looks like they are dumping AG and selling the half of it threw micro pieces of share.
The only solution, imo, would be that you can get Land Areas with Ancient Greece Shares. We saw Treasure Island Land Areas became shares, so i strongly believe the revers can be possible.

What would it mean ? well if for example you can claim a Land Area against 10K shares, i strongly believe the shares will sell faster ! + if Land Owners have same DNA system than Caly, it's gonna be hunt rush to refine some loots into DNAs. Meaning that Land Owners will create events etc...

but it's maybe impossible and NI has better plan lol

Last edited:
I found the new team at NI/AG very uncooperative. Uncommunicative at very least.
I have done thousands of missions over 14 years within Entropia Universe and found to abandon it as result and they instructed me only to Mindark support case was retarded,
A mission to spend my PED in a newly AG or NI should not be that difficult? I have boycotted all.
Is my position but GL to all.

I found the new team at NI/AG very uncooperative. Uncommunicative at very least.
I have done thousands of missions over 14 years within Entropia Universe and found to abandon it as result and they instructed me only to Mindark support case was retarded,
A mission to spend my PED in a newly AG or NI should not be that difficult? I have boycotted all.
yeah it sucks they couldnt help you.
GL to all is well put :)

They assisted me as soon as the info got to their devs when i had issue with gorgon mission, I don't know why so much hate towards maybe only people who actually reply to you in game and try to help, compared to caly support, they don't give a single fuck what's happening, their sole purpose is to spam "Top Tip" in rookie chat.

They assisted me as soon as the info got to their devs when i had issue with gorgon mission, I don't know why so much hate towards maybe only people who actually reply to you in game and try to help, compared to caly support, they don't give a single fuck what's happening, their sole purpose is to spam "Top Tip" in rookie chat.
You are very fortunate. I did mission 4 times before was told to "look on their forum" after many requests for help..I won't get into it. I am very happy you are happy. Is my 2 pecs, and my opinion.

:twocents:

You are very fortunate. I did mission 4 times before was told to "look on their forum" ..I won't get into it. I am very happy you are happy. Is my 2 pecs, and my opinion.
If you are missing an item for the mission (tted by mistake like idiot I am), or abandoned the mission, they can't do anything, you have to open support case with mindark, then take the case number and send to NI official or to live chat on entropia website so they can escalate it.

If you are missing an item for the mission (tted by mistake like idiot I am), or abandoned the mission, they can't do anything, you have to open support case with mindark, then take the case number and send to NI official or to live chat on entropia website so they can escalate it.
Yes, I heard. After..Yes, Thank you

Thanks for the advice :)
Maybe in due time. No rush atm cyrene treating her well so far on loot :)

I think the real quesiton here is ... Do we even have the playerbase to entertain an ever growing environment? I personally have no idea whether or not the playerbase has grown over the past 10 or so years, but we have been given more and more planets and areas to play on, thus diluting any share that was sold earlier ... Sure enough some are more successful then others, but without an increasing playerbase adding new planets, areas will only lower the return for all areas ...

Update: another payout of 1 pec - other shares and deeds are also back in higher payout action again post mayhem.
The available share volume at 10 peds is not being dented, however, due to availability at 9.99.

A couple of mats used in bps are slightly up on AH turnover, but the pulse is still fairly faint.
Moloch activity has soared these last 7 days, with the dauds and gorgon up as well, but by nowhere near as much. It appears that almost all NI activity is thus concentrated on one thing only right now...

Update: another payout of 1 pec - other shares and deeds are also back in higher payout action again post mayhem.
The available share volume at 10 peds is not being dented, however, due to availability at 9.99.

A couple of mats used in bps are slightly up on AH turnover, but the pulse is still fairly faint.
Moloch activity has soared these last 7 days, with the dauds and gorgon up as well, but by nowhere near as much. It appears that almost all NI activity is thus concentrated on one thing only right now...
A further reduction of 100k deeds is needed , then they will perform and sell out fast.

Well, we are finally in a zone where things are a matter of tweaking and not doubling or halving stuff.

Going from 750k shares to 400k has seen people willing to both buy and sell at just below 10 peds. Several hundred were bought up recently, and this morning there were no player offerings, just the large number on sale by the pp at 10.

Given that the moloch instance requires a weighty buy-in, people who choose to pay the mission price will probably turn over quite a few peds once they get there. It's still a bit fragile in terms of actives, but is presumably growing. The thing is, this one instance setup may already be accounting for 80% or so of NI turnover now that the gorgons have slipped away in popularity. I see that as both an advantage and disadvantage of the growth prospects it brings.

Also, it's not AG turnover, but the NI auction is now on 22 pages and my post #284 was maybe a bit harsh. If mats actually start selling, then I guess a reduction in mu from 200% to 150% is an acceptable 'trade-off'. As usual, the problem is the slide that sets in if more people are gathering and selling than buying, or rather, the amounts available in loot compared to the amounts people are using.

The steps the devs need to take are not as massive as they were one year ago. Just a few more right moves and they won't need to reduce the number of shares by a further 100k - 30% growth of NI turnover would do the trick too! :)

+1 for your optimism jestina ! i wish them to sell all the AG shares before the appearance of another new stock of shares (from RT or whatever)

New UL armor [Warmonger] now dropping on NI? That will help

I apologise for sounding really noobish, but how & where are dividends on AG shares paid?

Back