Are mobtrains against the EULA?

Are mobtrains against the EULA?

• In all cases YES

Votes: 58 9.0%
  • In all cases NO

Votes: 144 22.3%
  • In PVP NO

Votes: 72 11.1%
  • Only in extreme cases (Doing it repeatedly)

Votes: 373 57.7%

• Total voters
onedoesnottankmordor.jpg

rule of thumb for you: everyone who do not visit pvp areas or have UL shadow/eon are ok with trox trains.Either doesnt touch their *ss at all (nonpvp ppl) or makes great additional weapon if they cant kill those "L nubs" alone..
Most of the people using L hermes/infiltrator hate mob trains as pk weapon-for good reason

opinions kinda shaped by whats cheaper/more profitable personally

that mob train was awesome :)

Thats what i've allways figured, one mans fun might be another mans "ruin" so to speak, having such a vague "rule" in the eula is most likely directly related to the part, and pardon me if i misquote, where it says that MA has the right to do whatever, whenever they want with you, your account or your mother.

If indeed mobtraining WAS 100% forbidden, then shouldnt MA ban themselves for introducing such a feature? ;) imagine all the MA controlled avatars that would have to be "fed to the troxes".

exactly :)

And according to your logic...killing someone in PvP4 who doesn't want to be killed...is also against the Eula?

Actually, I allways had the impression that the moment one takes a toxic shot, he does not gives a damn how often he is killed and why and that he forfeits any rights the EULA would give him.
Inside there decay is really not an issue.

At the Atrox spawn near Ithaca I would call those mob herds als not really something that disturbs my playing experience, because I know that the mobs will run from Ava to Ava, a gangbang has to be expected there.
But if you really carefully select an area with low density, carefully pick one singly mob from a distance, spend 10-15 PEDs in ammo for a kill and all the sudden somebody runs a stampede on you, that is simply no fun.
Same goes for getting killed in front of a crafting machine because you did not notice that those Atrox screams where not from the advertisment or dying before the mining tool tells you if you found a ressource or not.
If the loss is more than a "few PECs" I would call it griefing.

Actually, I allways had the impression that the moment one takes a toxic shot, he does not gives a damn how often he is killed and why and that he forfeits any rights the EULA would give him.
Inside there decay is really not an issue.

At the Atrox spawn near Ithaca I would call those mob herds als not really something that disturbs my playing experience, because I know that the mobs will run from Ava to Ava, a gangbang has to be expected there.
But if you really carefully select an area with low density, carefully pick one singly mob from a distance, spend 10-15 PEDs in ammo for a kill and all the sudden somebody runs a stampede on you, that is simply no fun.
Same goes for getting killed in front of a crafting machine because you did not notice that those Atrox screams where not from the advertisment or dying before the mining tool tells you if you found a ressource or not.
If the loss is more than a "few PECs" I would call it griefing.

What about other pvp areas?

What about other pvp areas?

PvP1 and PvP2 should also have something like a toxic shot, maybe a small pop-up if you really want to enter that area.
Amethera should be PvP disabled by default, would spoilt the fun for those random noob PKers camping the TPs.

Anyone terribly offended by the occasional train and/or pvp with trains should perhaps increase their Prozac dosage, find an episode of 'Little House on the Prairie' (the tv show not the http://www.urbandictionary.com definition) to watch while clutching their stuffed plush teddy bear.

Surviving a mob train was a large reason for my first deposit. If it is train after train it can be boring, frustrating, expensive for the unwilling. If its PVP though the more trains the better! SPICE-O-LIFE! and all that :laugh:

Anyone terribly offended by the occasional train and/or pvp with trains should perhaps increase their Prozac dosage, find an episode of 'Little House on the Prairie' (the tv show not the http://www.urbandictionary.com definition) to watch while clutching their stuffed plush teddy bear.

Surviving a mob train was a large reason for my first deposit. If it is train after train it can be boring, frustrating, expensive for the unwilling. If its PVP though the more trains the better! SPICE-O-LIFE! and all that :laugh:

:scratch2:
So would really find it funny if you mined amped with an OA109, spend around 60 PEDs per click and somebody runs a mob train of Araneatroxies up to you ?
Or doing a crafting run where a click costs 100 PED and get killed because someone thought it was funny to lure some mobs towards the crafters ?
Sorry, the fun ends where my losses are forced upon me by someone else and not my own decision.

So would really find it funny if you mined amped with an OA109, spend around 60 PEDs per click and somebody runs a mob train of Araneatroxies up to you ?
Or doing a crafting run where a click costs 100 PED and get killed because someone thought it was funny to lure some mobs towards the crafters ?
Sorry, the fun ends where my losses are forced upon me by someone else and not my own decision.

You won't loose anything while mining...if you die while dropping a bomb you will find the deed in your inventory if it was a find.

Same with crafting.

Well, you agree to unconsensual pvp when you log in, so deal with it.

You won't loose anything while mining...if you die while dropping a bomb you will find the deed in your inventory if it was a find.

Same with crafting.

Strangely I never had a deed in my inventory and while crafting it seems exactly that run while dying must have been a complete failure.
I really do not mind if I get killed by a mobtrain when sweating, if it does not happen all the time and I surely do not mind getting killed in PvP, but I surely would strongly disagree with an attitude that it costs you only a few PECs if you die and that it is "fun". There are situations where it is absolutely game breaking and raises losses way above those "few PECs".

Training...skilling up for the future?

Profile of the Sociopath
Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self

Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, !!!! and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Last edited:

How can you lose anything from dying while crafting?

Isn't the crafting just cancelled?

Profile of the Sociopath
Glibness and Superficial Charm

Yeah I must agree, the ones whining about mobtrains are indeed sociopaths

I suppose I will quote myself "If it is train after train it can be boring, frustrating, expensive for the unwilling."

If I am in pvp mining and a train of anything gets me I may be disappointed but that is part of the challenge that makes it appealing. If your crafting gets interrupted by mob trains continually, maybe craft in a mall or a spot with better turret coverage :dunno: I have been OooOoooOoo'ed while crafting but I dont remember losing resources because of it :scratch2: If you have it would probably be good to make a support case over it. I have been trained 'upon' while hunting too far from the revive to loot the kill (no joy). Also while mining, but I am always able to return to the claim to finish it.

Anyway may any losses that someone brings you due a train be returned to you as a hof :)

i have no idea what the issue is. Repeated mobtraining might count as harrasment and therefore is against the eula, but actually i mobtrain ever day, as a miner i see it as a part of my job and the ability to do it as a big advantage. Those mobtrains are not intended to mow someboody down, still it happens now and then... it actually means: Dont skate on my ramp! <--- this attitude is not the nicest, but actually a very common thing in EU. I could write 100 examples now whats like or way worse than mobtrains, but i prefer not to. Sometimes its a great honour to get mobtrained, especially as the answer of "My HoF in your face!" a real pleasure to get mobtrained then, especially by Star:laugh:

and in PvP absolutely everything should be allowed, no ability excepted (only bugexploit is forbidden, glitching...), so that you can beat your opponents with your cunningness too. Even claimcamping and mobtrains, shooting in the back of a fighting hunter, well its PvP

I suppose I will quote myself.....
I have been trained 'upon' while hunting
too far from the revive to loot the kill
(no joy) ....​

If you are Mob Training a person or a city... it is an act of harassment... you intend to disrupt the play of others... that is your purpose... whether you are doing it once or professiionally as a self-proclaimed entertainment director... you are annoying people, costing them playing time... and REAL money, in ammo, decay, lost kills, skills, claims, etc... period.

Just because most of us are tolerant... and not running to MA posting complaints... doesn't give you a free pass to "think" for a minute that you are automatically improving our time spent here... or that we should automatically accomodate and support your disruptive thinking by changing our attitudes or behaviors simply because of your purposeful... dare say sociopathic... needs... to use

"others"
"NO JOY"
for
"your"
JOLLIES
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you are Mob Training a person or a city... it is an act of harassment... you intend to disrupt the play of others... that is your purpose... whether you are doing it once or professiionally as a self-proclaimed entertainment director... you are annoying people, costing them playing time... and REAL money, in ammo, decay, lost kills, skills, claims, etc... period.

Just because most of us are tolerant... and not running to MA posting complaints... doesn't give you a free pass to "think" for a minute that you are automatically improving our time spent here... or that we should automatically accomodate and support your disruptive thinking by changing our attitudes or behaviors simply because of your purposeful... dare say sociopathic... needs... to use

"others"
"NO JOY"
for
"your"
JOLLIES

Well said Brooklyn Well said

it sounds to me like MA doesn't want this to occur at all. the Words "Systematic Harassment" were used in the reply to Lars To me this Means the Number of players And or the number of times perpetrated Running/Training Mobs.
Regardless of the entertainment value of this to all involved MA simply doesn't want it to occur or so it seems

2009-06-08 22:19 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi,
In accordance with our policy, we generally do not discuss what kind of actions we might take in such matters with our participants.

However, you should know that we consider running mobs to be harassing other participants and we do not agree with people ruining the Entropia Universe experience for others. Should this lead to systematic harassment, we will intervene.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

We MUST HAVE confirmation from MA on this Topic a Simple Yes or NO would be best for all and any that have trained or currently do train.

Heads up to the bloke who ran in a trox train into Ithaca 18 hours ago.

:laugh:

"others"
"NO JOY"
for
"your"
JOLLIES

gotta agree lol

"others"
"NO JOY"
for
"your"
JOLLIES

You are right. It is a rather sociopath behavior. And for such a behavior, you will eventually pay, if you do it repeat and against many people. Because people attitude towards you will reflect your actions. So social problems should be solved by society, with social means. In game. By people. Not by MA banning on request.

I think MA should do nothing about mob trains - as it does nothing for scamming, where the pain caused is much more harsh, and loses are significant.
Community has all the means to solve such problems inside. And it will add to gameplay.

I don't say that all should consider mob trains nice. That all should do that. But don't lock someone for that. This is just part of the universe.

If MA take actions against this, I sure want them to solve some serious problems first, like in game contracts, returning scammed objects and so on.

Strangely I never had a deed in my inventory and while crafting it seems exactly that run while dying must have been a complete failure.
I really do not mind if I get killed by a mobtrain when sweating, if it does not happen all the time and I surely do not mind getting killed in PvP, but I surely would strongly disagree with an attitude that it costs you only a few PECs if you die and that it is "fun". There are situations where it is absolutely game breaking and raises losses way above those "few PECs".

Seems you are just not lucky ;)

Happend to me several times that I died after dropping a bomb and then found the deed in my inventory...try it out :D

All in all I think ppl. should not let others bother them to much....but I also fail in that sometimes :ahh:

Afetr all 99% of ppl. are idiots and assholes anyway...HEEEREEE of course not!!!

All this moaning about mobtrains to me just sounds like tourists complaining about how the locals act.
On the planet your avatar crashed into, the locals run mobs now and then, inspired perhaps by RL events in Pamplona, Spain in their past. Most learn to avoid them. The rest moan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f2KnZ3iqhc[/youtube]

This be Calypso, this is what happens, deal with it.

Hurrikane

That wasn't a mob train that was the Orient express!

All this moaning about mobtrains to me just sounds like tourists complaining about how the locals act.
On the planet your avatar crashed into, the locals run mobs now and then, inspired perhaps by RL events in Pamplona, Spain in their past. Most learn to avoid them. The rest moan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f2KnZ3iqhc[/youtube]

This be Calypso, this is what happens, deal with it.

Hurrikane

What a perfect excample of natural selection!

And the Darwin award goes to: Idiots who chase bulls through streets to finally slaugther them ina big spectacle.

Generally mob trains are allowed.

BUT, if the purpose is only to cause grief then it is not. Like "Haha, you loser, I steal all your mobs just to piss you off!" *insert Nelson "ha-ha"*

There is always a fine balance.

Generally mob trains are allowed.

BUT, if the purpose is only to cause grief then it is not. Like "Haha, you loser, I steal all your mobs just to piss you off!" *insert Nelson "ha-ha"*

There is always a fine balance.

So how would this be interpreted in PVP situations? By definition they're used to "cause your opponent grief" in an attempt to kill them. However PVP seems one of the more useful places to make a train.

Back