Armor decay on ROCKtropia

BlueEyes

Elite
Society
NBK Rangers
Paul Blue Eyes Melua
Hi,

I've read and heard quite some people already about armor decay on ROCKtropia. Could there be something different there?
I'm speculating but we need to collect some data I suppose.

Are hit rates higher?
Are the mobs more aggressive and attack more in groups?
Is the armor decay formula different?

Any thoughts on this?
(I myself am still on Calypso and I think I stay there)

Paul

The mobs seem to do small amounts of many damage types, and hit often. This way they are easy to hunt but cause big decay bills. Its a money trap. Don't hunt mobs just because you can kill them easily, try them naked first ;).

Dragons seem to give a decent armor decay bill. The lemmy castle mobs, 'cept for the lemmy dragons, give decay as expected...

The mobs seem to do small amounts of many damage types, and hit often. This way they are easy to hunt but cause big decay bills. Its a money trap. Don't hunt mobs just because you can kill them easily, try them naked first ;).

This, and also most of the mobs I've seen are quite aggressive, so it's easy to find yourself with more mobs on you that you wanted.

The whole thing seems set up to ensure hunters pay as much decay as possible.

The big Zombies, for example, are about the same difficulty as big Argos but cost me 3-4 times what Argos would in armour decay over the course of a hunt.

This, and also most of the mobs I've seen are quite aggressive, so it's easy to find yourself with more mobs on you that you wanted.

The whole thing seems set up to ensure hunters pay as much decay as possible.

The big Zombies, for example, are about the same difficulty as big Argos but cost me 3-4 times what Argos would in armour decay over the course of a hunt.

Yup totally agree which is why I appreciate Calypso so much more now. I'm thinking of leaving Rocktropia and going back to Calypso for good.

Decay is is quite big and loot is tt junk so your almost guaranteed a loss before you begin your hunt (unless you hof). Doesn't make any sense to hunt on Rocktropia with the setup as it is...

Let me think about what you saying... I thought minimal decay is the total protection pts of each type / 100. So mobs doing many damage types should not matter qua decay bill, if you are overprotected (= receive only 1.0 hits).

When not overprotected, you will receive even more decay. But that means decay bill is not higher due to more different damage type attacks, right?

But this is only cause they attack in groups. So multiple attacks is more decay.

Let me think about what you saying... I thought minimal decay is the total protection pts of each type / 100. So mobs doing many damage types should not matter qua decay bill, if you are overprotected (= receive only 1.0 hits).

When not overprotected, you will receive even more decay. But that means decay bill is not higher due to more different damage type attacks, right?

Decay is based on the total amount of protection provided, so for example a mob that does Stab/Cut/Impact will decay your armour more than Impact only if you're wearing Ghost.

You're right about the minimum decay, but the minimum decay only occurs when you're using a very inappropriate armour (Shadow on Exas, for example).

But this is only cause they attack in groups. So multiple attacks is more decay.

They are aggressive (all part of the decay trap) but I was being careful to hunt them one at a time for the most part, and the decay was still very high.

Similarly on Pop Dragons, I had over 80 PED armour decay on the one hunt I did on those. As a comparison, my usual Drone hunt (same amount of ammo) costs me about 15 PED in armour decay.

Of course the difficulty of the mob is a factor as well, so comparing Pop Dragon and Drone directly isn't really fair, but Rocktropia certainly seems to favour the high decay mobs.

Decay is indeed extremely high, so high that I even went back to Calypso in the meantime (especially pop dragon stalkers decay bill made me leave)

Pitty, because I like that mob.

Meanwhile I do wonder whether the higher decay is compensated in higher loot ? Anyone wants to check ? (I'm not going back)

My point was that you do not notice that the mob does so much damage when it does small amounts of many types, as your armor is capable of stopping it all. For example, a mob that does 100 damage that exactly matches the ghost damage distribution will be about as hard to hunt as a mob that does 30 impact damage. But in the first case decay is about 9 PEC each hit, in the second case about 1.3 PEC. So about 700% more decay for the same experience.

Decay is indeed extremely high, so high that I even went back to Calypso in the meantime (especially pop dragon stalkers decay bill made me leave)

Pitty, because I like that mob.

Meanwhile I do wonder whether the higher decay is compensated in higher loot ? Anyone wants to check ? (I'm not going back)

Yes it is because its the first time i had to rep my armor for 210 peds never had to do that before.:eyecrazy:

Wow :eek:

Sounds like a medic could make good money up there.

No because the mobs was not strong for me pop dargons did a dmg at max 8-15 in dmg if the did not hit a crit. but i got lot off dmg 1.0 and that is the worst kind off hit.

So this planet eats armor.

No because the mobs was not strong for me pop dargons did a dmg at max 8-15 in dmg if the did not hit a crit. but i got lot off dmg 1.0 and that is the worst kind off hit.

So this planet eats armor.

But with a fapper you could use less or no armour. Of course you would still have to pay for fap decay, but it might work out cheaper.

But with a fapper you could use less or no armour. Of course you would still have to pay for fap decay, but it might work out cheaper.

It would for sure work out cheaper. Those extra 12 protection that Tiger or Martial gives for penetration cost about 2 extra pecs per hit. A ball-fap can deliver that much healing for about half the cost.

If you could use an armor with lower total protection against the pop dragons and have someone healing you with a ball fap instead, the savings could easily work out to 10% of your total armor cost.

planet partners will make money through decay right? Not sure if this is 100% true, but myself and others figured huge decay bills on armor would be a fast find.

Makes me wonder how much the cost per hour would be in RockTropia compared to Calypso .... did they mention that somewhere ?

It just could be more expensive to play there .... wouldn't surprise me with ND

Atami

planet partners will make money through decay right? Not sure if this is 100% true, but myself and others figured huge decay bills on armor would be a fast find.

would it depend on which planet u repair your armour? eg you fix up before u leave planet A , hunt on planet B till ur bored / feel exploited, go back to planet A and repair who gets te repair ped.

Maybe this image will gives a bit more insight. It shows the eco of your armor at certain damage levels. The green line shows you overall eco, so total damage divided by total decay. The red line shows the eco at a certain damage level, so one damage divided by the cost of 1 additional damage point.

You can see that from about 20 damage, (L) faps already become more eco in terms of TT. Old school faps become more eco only around 100 damage.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Maybe this image will gives a bit more insight.

Actually i understand what you were trying to say, but the image really confused me :eyecrazy:

Actually i understand what you were trying to say, but the image really confused me :eyecrazy:

Well, the legend is wrong. The red line should be blue and the blue line should be red. That should clear it up :D

same here... lol
well it looks like finding the right armor will be quite difficult for this planet.

My point was that you do not notice that the mob does so much damage when it does small amounts of many types, as your armor is capable of stopping it all. For example, a mob that does 100 damage that exactly matches the ghost damage distribution will be about as hard to hunt as a mob that does 30 impact damage. But in the first case decay is about 9 PEC each hit, in the second case about 1.3 PEC. So about 700% more decay for the same experience.

Are we 100% certain that min decay does not apply to each hit type, and not just the total damage? Was this actually tested?

Fapper for hire :)

would it depend on which planet u repair your armour? eg you fix up before u leave planet A , hunt on planet B till ur bored / feel exploited, go back to planet A and repair who gets te repair ped.

I would assume, that the decay get's paid to the one where you spend it and not where you "recharged" your "decay card" :D

Armour decay is crazy :rolleyes:

Are we 100% certain that min decay does not apply to each hit type, and not just the total damage? Was this actually tested?

Yes it was tested and yes we are sure it only applies to each total hit. If the total decay from the decay formula is less than the minimum decay for that armor, the minimum decay is applied to the armor.

Isn't it a good thing to have damage split to more types rather then high values in one or 2 types?

It doesn't change your decay bill, 100 damage of protection is 100 damage of protection, regardless how its distributed.

What it does do however is allow people in cheaper armor to have a chance at killing said mobs. If something hits 75 in 1 damage type its pretty hard to protect against it for most people. If the same 80 damage is split 25/25/25 thats MUCH easier to protect against. It allows more people the chance to hunt the same thing.

So, shouldnt the real complaint be that things hit too hard for their hp? Decay bill is directly related to how much damage you protect, which is directly related to how hard things hit. If there is a complaint, i haven't hunted there to know!

Of course there is a down side to allowing people to more easily protect against damage. It might entice them to hunt something their skill level/weapon has no business hunting.

Of course there is a down side to allowing people to more easily protect against damage. It might entice them to hunt something their skill level/weapon has no business hunting.

This is the important part.

Yup, reminds of attempt to get CND investment back fast by selling apartments at silly prices.
Now it's just hidden to armor decay.
Oh snap, no it isn't anymore!:rolleyes:

Back