BREAKING NEWS: Robots outsmarted trigger happy fools!

Aia, me and Bones came to look at the event, I even dragged him from a hunt to come look with me, as he seemed not so keen to do.
Am sure Warrants did kill people at the end, due to the sheer stupidity of those doing it prior.
Saw Ben try and go there to, not sure if he kept getting killed or not, never saw you, but then, I would not, as I kept getting killed by 1 pillock every time I arrived, so doubt I would have.

Some people have mentioned the greed factor for losing this event, I blame it on the stupidity factor myself.

Still, a fitting end to the event, no one got what they all so desperatly wanted.
:lolup:

As for strategy to successfully loot a hydra (well and global from it) here is from my chat log:
Code:
2010-08-18 17:36:28 [Local] Team "Art of War" killed a creature (Hydra) with a value of 144 PED!
2010-08-22 19:34:08 [Local] Team "---Warants---" killed a creature (Hydra) with a value of 97 PED!
2010-08-24 11:36:21 [Local] Team "---Warants---" killed a creature (Hydra) with a value of 194 PED!
2010-08-25 19:29:02 [Local] Team "Art of War" killed a creature (Hydra) with a value of 449 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

You left out the one killed by UU/cK/M2S :p

The Hydra was going down, slowly, until the SEG 10s spawned and killed everyone. As Jakster said, the way to do it was to pull it away from the SEGs and try to kill it in some space, and I've no doubt that if they'd had the time to do so, they (not necessarily UU but someone) would have killed it.

Strategy had to be adapted because of the unexpected and devastating SEG attack, and, yes, because of the PvP.

btw Xen, you missed out 5. Stopping noobs from aggroing SEG 10s and Warrior Exterminators onto the teams shooting the Hydra.

From my perspective, I got killed at about the time the Hydra spawned, by someone who I don't think was working with the big socs but was just trying to get an easy spree HoF, which was a bit annoying but it's PvP and that's what happens. I was only there to watch anyway so it didn't really make much difference to me, I just watched dead :)

It was certainly nowhere near as annoying as finding out that another Hydra (probably the last one and potentially one that contained a unique loot or discovery) was destroyed without being looted.

Right On Oleg, finally an objective poster :)

I guess as soon as Warants realized the coalition they decided to do the swim test with hydra. Lame - kindof...

Exactly Buck :) well said

Drop and give me 20, soldiers!

The Hydra was going down, slowly, until the SEG 10s spawned and killed everyone. As Jakster said, the way to do it was to pull it away from the SEGs and try to kill it in some space, and I've no doubt that if they'd had the time to do so, they (not necessarily UU but someone) would have killed it.

Strategy had to be adapted because of the unexpected and devastating SEG attack, and, yes, because of the PvP.

btw Xen, you missed out 5. Stopping noobs from aggroing SEG 10s and Warrior Exterminators onto the teams shooting the Hydra.

From my perspective, I got killed at about the time the Hydra spawned, by someone who I don't think was working with the big socs but was just trying to get an easy spree HoF, which was a bit annoying but it's PvP and that's what happens. I was only there to watch anyway so it didn't really make much difference to me, I just watched dead :)

It was certainly nowhere near as annoying as finding out that another Hydra (probably the last one and potentially one that contained a unique loot or discovery) was destroyed without being looted.

Ah Oleg, they should make you a general in the space maries. That's probably the same course of action any wise strategist would take.. After all this was a considerable threat, and thus if it had been done correctly, it could have been a triumph.. sadly it was not..

Now as for the rest of you so called ubers.....

Now then..

If a bunch of ubers who have a grudge against not only innocent bystanders who are trying to help them taken down a menace like Hydra and it's cousins (The SEG10's and the exterminators , but also have to shoot each other in the back (indisciminately I might add), just in the hope of getting some global or HoF, only finidng out that without the added support they are powerless to stop this threat, and the highest crack team of ubers decide to take the cowards way out, and drown the bot , in order to save their sorry butts from being embarassed from CND to CP, and even to RT, well I have this to say..

You're not Space marines are you?

Are you???!!!:mad::mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(I CAN'T HEAR YOU!)

That's right, you're not really space marines. so how can you call yourself ubers?

First off Space marines don't shoot each other in the back.. They work as a finely oiled piece of machinery. They are disciplined soldiers who fight the enemy and who work in harmony in order to achieve their goal. Do I make myself clear?

Second, Space marines don't kill off their own forces, or shoot those allies who are trying to help them, achieve their goal. (which in this case was to kill a lousy stinking intelligent robot and it's smaller and more annoying cousins.)

Third, Granted you did find a solution to killing the enemy, but to do so in what I would call "A coward's way out", really shows me that you're not even military material.. (And yes what will happen if the CDF gets disbanded?)

Then you better start thinkng like Space Marines!

So you best get your head out of the sand numbnuts, and start acting like ubers, Instead of some namby pamby little schoolgirls who squeal in delight every time a big bad bot called Hydra stomps around firing its lasers and weapons at you!

After all soldiers, This is WAR we're talking about, not some freaking game of hopscotch here!

But after what one (who will remain unnamed) intelligence officer told me today about what happened.. I'm really ashamed to say you're even human let along call yourself ubers, or even dare I say it.. Space Marines.

Believe me, if people had more discipline, and learned how to fight effectively in a team format like manner and learned to work as a group effectively toward a common goal, then the robots would never be down on Calypso at this very moment, now would they?

So the next time the Hydra rears it's ugly head (or if the bots decide to unleash some new "Uber weapon"), don't act like a bunch of numbnuts.. Work as a team to get the job done..

Is that clear?

Alright I'm done venting.. Dismissed.

Benjamin Ben Coyote -- "The Blind Sniper"

(oh and guys.. My father was in the US Marine Corps.. 30 years, 1 month, 1 day, and he was a grunt in the trenches, not some 2nd lieutenant who had his finger up his.. well I won't go into details now shall I?

Last edited:
This was a situation where it was an advantage to have numbers well above 12.
To be able to kill it at all, with the regen it has, it's an advantage to get all firepower on it as you can get.
As for helping team; what matters who gets the loot is which team that does the most damage. If let's say 100 people are helping let's say Warants by shooting at it, it won't be a specific advantage for *them* since the only thing that matters are the firepower that came from the main team.

Others are pk'd because 1. they are there to pk too, or 2. they might be there to turret/drown the hydra (you can thank some people for this), or 3. target practice/fun or 4. lag control.
Imho, it's not that smart to kill people who was at a safe spot (not aggroing any mobs) and weren't engaged in pk:ing, and who eventually had all avatars and mobs "loaded", consider that when they return, they might return landing in middle of spawn or something, and as for lag having people who dodge for pk:ers probably cause more lag than someone standing still.
For instance, for me it took 10 seconds to TP back, but with a relatively bad precision (200m or so), and I was stupid enough to try to run to find a safe spot. I guessed I should have used a car last bit so I could have "outrunned" any mobs that got aggro and also been a slightly harder-to-hit target for pk:ers.

Target practice? That's what I use exo old for lol.

As for previous hydra's, UU did get one.

Ah, sorry I missed that one. The list above was a search from my chat log.

Imho, the ones who pk:d the most was clearly CK.

As the General of cK, a family which along with cK Shadows prides itself most on pK and the ability to put on a show of force for events, this makes me very proud indeed..

If our society had taken and drowned a unique event mob because I wanted to stop anyone else from getting it, I would not be..

Aia, I see u are a budding strategist from the excellent advice in how to take down a Hydra in your last post. I will make sure the other Generals consider 'your needs' in the future events in pvp..

cK & cK Shadows recruiting!
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...k-coat-killers-ck-shadows-recruit-thread.html

Thanks
JaKst3r

BREAKING NEWS: Robots outsmarted trigger happy fools and because they couldnt resist killing their own kind, they failed to kill hydra and its still allive and well with 100's of other robot cousins :p

(17664, 30622, 140)

lol, just like kids fighting for a lifetime supply of candy.

(still worthy :) )

Now as for the rest of you so called ubers.....

You're not Space marines are you?

Are you???!!!:mad::mad::mad:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(I CAN'T HEAR YOU!)

That's right, you're not really space marines. so how can you call yourself ubers?

Semper Fi ... I absolutely loved the entire post Ben ... it was written brilliantly, and while I fully understand the whole PvP dynamic, this situation is quite different with Hydra added to the equation, and I have to agree that organized teamwork instead of chaos could have (potentially) produced a much more successful outcome. I have to say that I too am surprised that a soc such as Warants decided to lead Hydra to water ... it's not a horse ya know ... I'm just sayin' :D

I wasn't there but it sounds like it was fun. It also sounds like what I predicted for an ending. A big mess followed by a huge letdown. Those who say UU couldn't kill it solo are under the impression we were all there I guess? ;) I'm fairly certain we can kill a hydra as a soc (with 2 x 12 man teams) assuming no one is shooting us in the back or blocking our shots.

Whatever, I was happy to hear everyone had fun. Sorry to anyone who didn't realize that one of the toughest mobs in EU + people shooting eachother = chaos + no loot.

Meh, bottom line if you don't like getting pk'd, don't go into a pk zone, and then cry on the forum about it later. :rolleyes:

I've said it a million times, not all events are for everyone.

I wasn't there but it sounds like it was fun. It also sounds like what I predicted for an ending. A big mess followed by a huge letdown. Those who say UU couldn't kill it solo are under the impression we were all there I guess? ;) I'm fairly certain we can kill a hydra as a soc (with 2 x 12 man teams) assuming no one is shooting us in the back or blocking our shots.

Whatever, I was happy to hear everyone had fun. Sorry to anyone who didn't realize that one of the toughest mobs in EU + people shooting eachother = chaos + no loot.

Well me personally, was saying a single 12 man team cant take it. And getting a entire soc together with such short notice is quite a job

P.S oh and if you all wasnt too busy killing innocent bystanders that you know for a fact couldnt hurt hydra enough to loot it, it would have been much easier to get the full story on the night

In PVP, every green dot will shoot you in the back while you are shooting a mob.

Meh, bottom line if you don't like getting pk'd, don't go into a pk zone, and then cry on the forum about it later. :rolleyes:

I've said it a million times, not all events are for everyone.

Just got this neg rep for this post (won't say who):

think it over: depositing players not allowed at main ongoing event in the game, and that's normal to you?

Uh, you think no one in the the top societies has ever deposited? :laugh:

And just because you've deposited, that doesn't mean you will be able to participate in all events, even if it's the only one happening at the moment.

NOT ALL EVENTS ARE FOR EVERYONE.

Uh, you think no one in the the top societies has ever deposited? :laugh:

And since when does the world revovle around the top societys?

^^

Theres more depositors than just the top societys you know....

In PVP, every green dot will shoot you in the back while you are shooting a mob.

This will sound mere contradiction rather than a statement of principals, but...

No, not every green dot will.

This will sound mere contradiction rather than a statement of principals, but...

No, not every green dot will.

The yellow dots won't.

You don't know that until they do.

sounds like it may be worth going to "watch" the next hydra lol.

perhaps it'll have double goodies to replace the wet ones from this time round

The yellow dots won't.

You don't know that until they do.

Have talked about that a while ago with some ppl which mostly do pvp in Eu and they said:

Acting like this is not well seen by real PvP people. Wait until the green dot is ready with his/her mob and then kill him/her. Killing others during they shoot a mob is not a sign of honor.....

This statement sounds better in my ears - a non pvp/pk guy.

I think its more like; every green dot will fight back. There is also always one who fires a shot that starts off a chain-reaction.

Like, when you entered the <150 HP RX event in pvp3 and took down everyone with your mod dar with one hit kills?

(I had <150 HP back then, dunno about you. I entered with the purpose to shoot at the RX for fun and then let myself die for someone of the other, but apparently someone else had a more profitable thing in mind.)

Most decent people won't attack others in pvp - especially when shooting at a mob - unless they do something stupid. Like a miner stalking another miner, or someone "training" mobs. Except in places like pvp4 where every green dot carry loot (ammo if nothing else). Ah yeah, I do consider running for oil pump at rig when people say "it's closed" as doing something stupid, in case you wonder.

Note that I don't say pk:ing is illegal. I just say it can cause a bad reputation.

The yellow dots won't.

I guess you haven't read some of the threads here about strangers who teamed up in pvp4, to at some point killing rest of team with or without leaving it first. So, yes, yellow dot's *can* shoot at you.

Ah, and of course the "friendly fire". Like when you're teamhunting daspletor and a teammate accidently run in front of you. I even accidently once killed a teammate on TI (yes it's possible).

I think its more like; every green dot will fight back.

Not those of us who have "avatar show-up lag"..

Last edited:
I guess you haven't read some of the threads here about strangers who teamed up in pvp4, to at some point killing rest of team with or without leaving it first. So, yes, yellow dot's *can* shoot at you.

You cant loot a yellow dot. So i think leaving the team first before PK'ing them would be essential.

I think next time they should spawn it in PvP4 :laugh:

All green dots must die!

Back