Bugged Deeds?

Donno about MA but I would simply put the deed back in fatal's inventory, make it locked to him if need be and wish him the best for the future :)

Yes what I was thinking since they now have the ability to mark items as User Bound items MA could as easliy (sort of) mark the Deeds as User Bound and then worked from there. What's kind of funny here is what if that is what MA is doing now and needed the deeds back? Come on MA we gave you a door here....

It's pretty clear that MA indicated that the deeds were not working because they were not authorized, not because they were bugged. They even told him that Marius tried the same thing unsuccessfully.

If MA had not wanted Narfi to have the deeds, they would have specifically said: "do not sell these deeds" and they would have removed them from his inventory as soon as Narfi asked support about them. As they did neither of these things, it's pretty clear that MA knew these LAs would never become active and therefore they couldn't care less what happened to the deeds. And that's the key issue here: MA's attitude toward players' investments. We know David Post needs to answer for his negligence of NI, but MA also needs to answer for their own negligence of NI and of the playerbase in general for allowing these deeds to remain out there to be passed around among players.

Or as others are realizing... all your investments in game just lost some value.

Last edited:
And that's the key issue here: MA's attitude toward players' investments.

Or as others are realizing... all your investments in game just lost some value.

:idea:

+rep

you guys are still going at it? :popcorn:

I think if MindArk communicate and reason this would have better consequences for everyone :)

Well....for letting the issue drag so long until shit hits the fan...instead of nipping it in the bud while it was still on Marius.

The logical way is to "deduct" it from the paychecks of those involved for causing this. 5000 USD / number of persons involved should be a small sum to pay to restore confidence in the players.

Honestly, I'm amazed the same forum that screamed bloody murder because NEVERDIE was still playing with his avatar when Rocktropia came out is now ok with Offical avatars selling items to players in out of game transactions and doesn't think those items should be removed.

Honestly, I'm amazed the same forum that screamed bloody murder because NEVERDIE was still playing with his avatar when Rocktropia came out is now ok with Offical avatars selling items to players in out of game transactions and doesn't think those items should be removed.

This has been my point. I am in awe of everyone who thinks these should be made active.

Did I ever once mention that I was unfairly treated? In fact I was treated very well while helping out on NI. As it was my understanding yes they were given to me as payment for my services and I was happy to take them because it meant that I could have tried to get the ball rolling on NI and play more myself. And at that point they became mine. Like someone has said if someone you worked for paid you in an item like a watch or computer for your services then at that point does that item not become yours to do with as you please? If no then one day i would love to have you work for me so that I can pay you in something and then when our time together has ended I can get back everything I gave you. ;)

If I hired you and gave you a computer to use for work and you assumed it was payment for your services I think we'd have a problem.

Just to point out there was no exchange of funds outside the game. Everything took place inside the game and PED was not traded when I got the deeds from Meg. As for the amount agreed on with Narfi, I still find that to be irrelevant to the discussion.

need to edit this. just need to point out that when i got the deeds I did not pay for them in or out of game.

Was Narfi wrong then when he claimed the transaction with you was made out of game?

If these were given to an official avatar, the equivalent of a GM in other games, and you then gave them to a player, even if you gave them for free it would absolutely be considered abuse in just about any other game.

Finally, both Narfi and Fatal stated they knew they were taking a risk and they were doing it for the potential of big reward. The other side of that is a risk like that has the potential to be worth nothing. Now that you know it's worth nothing you can go and be angry all you want but lashing out at how unfairly you were treated by MA is bull. None of you are innocent victims.

I have to clarify...

I think its totally wrong for there to be "secret" avatars and "secret" items held by such avatars which can be traded to other people within the game by people in power. Given power...the potential to abuse it is always in existence.

IMO, such an item should have never existed and should have been deleted when it was in Marius hands since it was given to him "FOR" events...as far as I could gather with regards to the messages made open.

As for his claim of it being "compensation"....its only his words for it....dunno if I can trust that...to be honest. But that's irrelevant.

For the players' sake and assurance. Everything within the game should have ought to "work as intended". In no way should the players have been exposed to such an absurd case of getting their hands on "stuff that is not allowed to be in existence and yet did" and then even more ludicrous to have to bear full responsibility on having bought such an item because of said player not having done enough research to the questionability of such an item.

I mean...as a player....how many of us would have had the privilege of knowing such an issue? Even I only knew about these ****ed up LA deeds when it blew out of proportions now.

As for whether the "victims" here knew about the problem or not...with such a deed....one can only give them the benefit of doubt. Whether their greed took the better of them or was it their ignorance....I don't know.

What I would want to know is how can the company ASSURE us of the value of our ingame items. To the extend that people would want to continue trusting the game. That is the question...

(Even now...I still have the trouble of coming into terms with "PEDs" that are ours...and "PEDs" that aren't ours.)

Last edited:
:offtopic:

I can not understand why MA failed to act when it knew that official avatar items became a regular avatars property.......

So can I get a copy of Marco gun who he said like a official avatar from MA that it gives no loot and therefore can not affect the game's economy later Kim official Avatar from MA proved to us all that it is wrong that the gun gives loot.

For I am convinced that I have contributed a lot to the company's well-being in all cases, a couple of new Volvo`s.

:lolup:

But on second thought, I do not want it to give a dispute I had become rich but the game had become boring when I can kill everything with one shot.

-------

Hope that you read this MA and see that I'm making fun of you too because you are not consistentin in the game against the players so it gets a little crazy. :)

Last edited:
Sounds like this marius person saw an opportunity to sell PP assets when no one was looking. David Post abandoned ship, fired Meg and the rest of the developers... so lands that were traded (I don't say given) to said avatar that was helping them in some way to run events were left in his hands.

Whether he believes that they were given to him as payment or a miscommunication happened is anyone's guess. My guess is they wern't intended as payment, and mindark let this go on way too long. They should of reversed the trade the moment narfi sent in the first support case alerting them to him having PP property in his possession. This could of been handled long ago, and I've got to wonder why Mind Ark would of allowed this to get as far as it has.

Popcorn :popcorn:

WOW this really good..my advice is to not buy any :laugh:

I have been in the game since 2006 and this is the best advice you ppl will ever get :smash:

jabba_hut.jpg

Last edited:
Popcorn :popcorn:

WOW this really good..my advice is to not buy any :laugh:

I have been in the game since 2006 and this is the best advice you ppl will ever get :smash:

I disagree with that. There are all kinds of reasons why some of the expensive items are worth owning.

I had written in SC about it, and waiting for answer. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I don't want be locked due to Shop scam.

As it's been a proper trade there shouldn't be any risk for you to get locked. Also, that shop has been in use.

As for the land areas, the only land areas outside of "ND server Square" is Ajoite Game Reserve, and Kyanite Game Reserve I-IV All of them (5 in total) are currently belonging to (claimed by) Next Island Manager, same avatar that "ownrs" Buildings such as Carolines and the "Developers' Shop" at Crystal Center.

My situation is complicated by the fact that the my Shop is currently broken, and it is unknown whether it will be repaired, and if so, when it happens.
Now I can use only the additional area (only 18 item points, 300 item points indoors can't be used).
And then there's these scams... So I think because of its small sales probably close up NI shop until get a response and (or) fixing it.
But I have hope that the Shop will not be taken away...

Found discussion about my Shop:
http://www.nextislandforum.com/threads/gift-shops.303/

Shop was gifted from ND to ENZO Marius Romanus?

No answer found. Maybe only Neverdie can clarify this fact, or maybe Marius.
If it was really gifted (or sold), my Shop is legitimate 100%

Found discussion about my Shop:
http://www.nextislandforum.com/threads/gift-shops.303/

Shop was gifted from ND to ENZO Marius Romanus?

No answer found. Maybe only Neverdie can clarify this fact, or maybe Marius.
If it was really gifted (or sold), my Shop is legitimate 100%

Both Magyar and MS9 made good points in that thread.

I am concerned though about you not being able to use the indoor item points of your NI shop.

I am concerned though about you not being able to use the indoor item points of your NI shop.

This fact may better explain Narfi, because he was previous owner, and as I understood, Shop was invisible before and fully unusable. After Narfi's SC and some work of support team, Shop appears on his own place, but indoors is still unusable, and some elements are not in their places (like lamps).

This matter is running now for days without even a single word from Mindark. That is what pisses me off most. Not a single word of explanation, no expression about good intend to settle a situation which caused a player to lose a significant amount of money.

And i see them responsible for the whole mess in the first place. maybe not intentionally but at least by doing nothing appropirate in the first place when they became aware, Marius had item he wasn'T supposed to have after NI was abandoned. So they HAD the power to prevent everything BEFORE anyone got harmed.

They became responsible for the whole mess in the moment they didn't do anything and decided NOT TO ACT in the moment they got supportcases from Marius long before Narfi bought that stuff.

And after all that happened and people paid a significant amount of money for it they decided to take it away without showing any good will to resolve the situation in a satisfiable manner in favour for THEIR CUSTOMERS. I mean in last consquence it will cost them more when people lose faith and see how easy it is to lose money not even by playing the game, but also by purchasing something that might be taken away completly WITHOUT ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION.

To be honest, i am still thinking if i further like to support a company with my money who treats their premium fee paying customers that way. It is a situation which affects the whole community as it lowers value of any in game investments as this is a representing figure of thrust towards Mindark and EU as a whole.

Narfi and Fatal both have my full sympathy, but sympathy isn't going to help resolving that issue, and THIS is what Mindark should do NOW: Trying to resolve the issue in a way that shows respect for their customer base.

I mean in last consquence it will cost them more when people lose faith and see how easy it is to lose money not even by playing the game, but also by purchasing something that might be taken away completly WITHOUT ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION.

I have been curious this last year...is MA "trying" to run off high lvl players. it seems self defeating at first glance. but perhaps its some game economy strategy. if its not on purpose though..wtf is going on?

I have been curious this last year...is MA "trying" to run off high lvl players. it seems self defeating at first glance. but perhaps its some game economy strategy. if its not on purpose though..wtf is going on?

Sometimes i have the feeling, they care about their community, the other day i have the feeling they give shit about us. The feeling that remains, is the longer you are staying the less they care. The higher your investments / skills / gear - the more you will be punished.

This matter is running now for days without even a single word from Mindark.

They won't make a public comment about a private matter. If any of the people involved want to share any further private communication they've had with MA, that is up to them.

Back