Calypso Gateway – an entry to a world of opportunity and adventure

:yay: This is great stuff!

Oh i guess its not ready for us to go to? Hm, well hopefully they keep us informed :wtg:

* deleted *

Last edited:
Awesome implementation, much overdue. :)

Now, if FPC can just keep out 2nd Av Representatives spamming the area with sales / recruitment awaiting them outside the arrival zone... :wise:

Wow they took my advice, I suggested this two years ago :D I'm sure I'm not the only one since lots of games have a similar area, but glad to see it getting done.

no trader spam...yeah right, like this is going to keep them from creating 2nd, 3rd, 4th whatevernumber-they-are-at avatars

But very cool announcement. Let's see if it holds the expecations :D

Final mission: Deposit 100$ to gain access to the teleporter to Calypso :evilking:

when we "veterans" get to visit there.. will we have a chance to kill and loot the newbies? :cool::D;)

You don't get it do you ?
Veterans are allowed in for newbie PvP training, veterans are the tragets. :D

Final mission: Deposit 100$ to gain access to the teleporter to Calypso :evilking:

Did you pay your 1k login fee already ? :D

:silly2:

Best idea they've had in a long time and long overdue.

Wish this sort of initiative was in game back when i had my 200 noob member soc. Would have saved me a ton of repetition and teaching etc. Nice one FPC, just dont "accidentally" create the impression in there that everything is gonna be "overly" rosy once they come out of there....

Its a fine line, but nice initiative ;)

Last edited:
Full T T !!

This reminds me of ->

lol if you maggot survive this Island lol ... lol

You ..shit lol I am hard but I am fair lol

Full T T !

[YOUTUBE]4o7oKQECBjs[/YOUTUBE]

Well done might be the most important update for this game...ever

kosmos

Excellent improvement :yay: And I am very happy that all players will have a chance to visit during the open week.

We have seen a lot of momentum during the past couple of weeks. Keep up the good work.

It's about time! Calypso has needed an area like this for a long time, rather than to just dump noobs onto the streets of Port Atlantis. Welcome to life colonist #1264598! Good luck, here's a set of OJs! I'm looking forward to checking out the new area and offering feedback.

Your feedback s also welcome and allows us to iron out potential bugs or tweak missions before the newcomers try them out.

Nice!

Just one thing, I wouldn't limit it to exactly one week.

I would keep it open for at least one week, because I got a feeling that fixing bugs might take a little bit longer.

Also, if possible, it would be great if the approxiate dates for this "open house" week will be announced well in advance, so noone misses it because of too short notice - i got a feeling a few of the active players might want to take one or two weeks off, for instance going where there is no highend computers, or flying off to a remote beach.

sounds great and i see as a big step in the right way!

This is awesome news, and I'm thrilled that it is happening. :yay:

Having read the text and seen nothing mentioned about it, one thing I wonder is:
Where on the mainland do they get transported to after they have finished at the gateway? Still Port Atlantis?

sounds realy good.

For once FPC/MA gets a pet on the back from me! Now keep the "right" stuff coming, guys, and all might be well. :D

:umn: and the mentor part for veteran participants is over, what a waste of time getting those skills!
Bye Bye Mentor Ed items. :cry:

this sounds awesome, looking forward to it!

will deffinitly embrace the experience and not touch any of my gear. hey will even brush off the dust from my never repaired OJ's :D

i love the idea of this.

great stuff

Hmm, I don't think I've got my OJ's anymore; so I'll come in my BJ's (black jumper).
when is it open house, next update?

During the open house period, in order to get the full newcomer experience, we recommend that you put all your avatar gear in storage on mainland Calypso

Since they're giving out free weapons for newbies to test out the game in this learning centre, I wouldn't be totally surprised if the teleporter is designed to strip avatars of their items, so you still start with nothing in inventory on Calypso. So as a newbies you get guns, mining tools, loot etc in the trading centre to see how the game works, until you enter the main game.

So if you go up there with full inventory and find the return to Calypso teleporter strips you of all items, hey - they warned you not to go with them! :laugh:

At last! This is something which has been needed for a long time. The beginners' "Experience" has been very confusing that a lot of players have been put off. Hopefully this will increase the number of new players playing the game. The idea of not letting experienced players go there is also good, I have seen many games where it is very difficult to see/read anything because of all the spam from people trying to sell things. It will meen that I will not be able to see it (I'm off on holiday tomorrow) but I can live with that.

i havn't even been able to find the new arivals center yet lol

so will this be a whole new island? or a current island on the map... or maybe an island not even on the map lol. - if it was on the map would get us trying to swim there, or new players trying to escape to the main land before doing the quests maybe :D.

Back