Can something be done about night time?

burnsey

Stalker
Society
The one percent
I play in Windowed mode and I dread it everytime night rolls around because its just pitch black for 10 minutes.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The gamma, brightness, and contrast are greyed out so I just have to fumble around until the sun comes back up. I'm using medium settings but I think it's probably as bad in high.

I wish MA would make it so its not so dark.

I play in Windowed mode and I dread it everytime night rolls around because its just pitch black for 10 minutes.

The gamma, brightness, and contrast are greyed out so I just have to fumble around until the sun comes back up. I'm using medium settings but I think it's probably as bad in high.

I wish MA would make it so its not so dark.

Hmm.. never had any problems with night time myself and I usually play on Medium Windowed as well.

realism man its my favorite time beacuse I'M BATMAN

i dreaded it at first but now i kinda like it. if i darken my (RL)-windows i can actually see vaguely :p

but being a miner running the same routes over and over i can kinda run it in my sleep :silly:

S.

You should be able to turn up gamma in your graphics card settings, i.e. not in EU but in Windows.

I think :)

check monitor calibration on google and you should be able to adjust the gamma etc :)

I wish they made a option to disable Day/Night cycle, I hate it being too dark at night and too bright at day. I rather leave realism to the roleplayers

I wish they made a option to disable Day/Night cycle, I hate it being too dark at night and too bright at day. I rather leave realism to the roleplayers

I second that. Apart from being "natural" or "real" it really has no meaningful impact on ordinary game play in my opinion.

For various reasons, I believe this may be your best move.

yup i do that a lot of the time when it gets night. Just pointless playing then.

Worst was on CP where it's almost always in darkness. Daytime there lasts like 2-4 mins. Wonder if that's also had an impact on CP? I doubt i'd go back up there again in a hurry but it doesn't bother other players so much...

If I log in - and its night - I log off.

if you go to fullscreen mode it makes it better than windowed for some reason. no way i can play at night in windowed mode

Solution to window mode night time

Since in window mode you cannot adjust your gamma settings in game, you will need to change them out of game.

You do this by using the gamma or brightness and contrast settings in your video card "control panel"

on my system it looks like this:

i feel the pain for you lot that are scared af the dark, bad MA scaring customers away :vampire:

I second that. Apart from being "natural" or "real" it really has no meaningful impact on ordinary game play in my opinion.

Well Marco said that night-specific mobs and stuff like that will be added later :scratch2:

I also find it a little too dark at times, but I'm guessing MA would notice if activity dropped off during the night-time parts and would put a bit of evening glow into the mix; just a case of waiting for that, or night vision goggles, or whatever else was planned to sort this out.

Hurrikane

A few suggestions....

1. Buy a scope and zoom to 1.0 magnification. That way you look through the scope but arent zoomed it. It gives a better immage in the pitch black compared to just looking down your normal reticle.

2. Outside of that try to stay out of the shadow of mountains. The moon usually provides sufficient light to be active except where hills/mountains block it out.

3. Pay a noob a ped to hold a sword and act as a human torch.

4. Stop being such a sissy and conquor your fear of the dark

Change monitor settings maybe? I play windowed and night time works nicely for me. I can see most of whats in your screenshot - but I'm not sure what it looks like to you :scratch2:

Yea, why u do u just stop calypso from spinning. That might just do the trick.

I thought the day/night cycle was staggered depending on where you are so you could always visit another area that isn't dark.

I have all settings maxed and it's actually quite nice... in an open field; if I get into a mountain shadow, or under dense trees... it's all black.
Like Hurry said earlier, I wish we had some night-vision device of sorts, or at least a flashlight attached to the the gun.

I also find it a little too dark at times, but I'm guessing MA would notice if activity dropped off during the night-time parts and would put a bit of evening glow into the mix; just a case of waiting for that, or night vision goggles, or whatever else was planned to sort this out.

Hurrikane

Some areas are too bright. (working sunglasses please)
Some are too dark. (big ass flaming torch dripping burning pitch please) (or nv goggles)

Well Marco said that night-specific mobs and stuff like that will be added later :scratch2:

When, or if that happens then I'm all for night time. Until then...nah... :)

windowed mode > adjust gamma / brightness on your graphicscard control panel or on your monitor.

fullscreen > adjust it in the ingame options.

I recommend to re-calibrate your monitor first, see how it looks and then adjust the gamma / brightness to the level that EU windowed mode while it's night is playable.

I thought the day/night cycle was staggered depending on where you are so you could always visit another area that isn't dark.

Ofc thats true.

Also, if you play in window mode - Adjust either monitor brightness, or gamma brightness using software operating your GFX card. (ati - catalyst control center, ati tray tools etc,, Nvidia - dont have a clue.)

And msg to MA!

Re-check the day/night cycle, at the darkest night its too dark, everytime I have to set bigger gamma ingame. And I have digital cables to HD monitor (or wtf) so I think thats not the case.

Yea, why u do u just stop calypso from spinning. That might just do the trick.

For many years, there was no night in Calypso, believe it or not. That was it's natural state. I believe that what everyone keeps calling night is really the shadow of a gigantic robot space ship hovering above our planet. That big hole in the ground was really the robots embedding a magnetic anchoring device to our planet so that their big ship can stay in orbit. The stars and things you see are really just reflections off of robots that are flying high in our skys. It is rumored that they've taught the flying tricks to some avatars in secret training sessions. If you see any avatar flying - shoot them on the spot. They are robot spies!

Back