CND - I'll never hunt here again.

chevrons

Stalker
Society
Sanctuary
Givendale Chevrons Skelton
After over 2 years in EU I finally came up to CND for the first time last week. I'd read about the low mining hit-rate, so I came to hunt. After five days, I've turned over at least 2.5k in ammo, and had only 5 small globals. I've never had such a long losing streak on the planet as I've just had here. I've lost all the Ped I brought, and more.

I was actually impressed by the experience of getting here, and the design of the domes and facilities, and after my first hunt, which gave 2 globals, I was enjoying it. But now I can't sustain the losses, and I'm returning to Calypso.

I can see now why nearly all the shops are closed, and the domes deserted except for a few miners.

The loot policy is controlled by Mindark. But how can Neverdie put up with a situation where the loot policy is obviouly different from on planet, and gives mid-level hunters like me such a bad experience that they never want to return?

Personally, I have had both good and bad streaks on CND... and I don't think the loot mechanics work any differently on CND than they do on Calypso.

You just notice the poor or good loot more, since you cannot store anything, and you either TT everything, or carry it about.

Deserted? Every time I have been to CND, the place was far from deserted. Those domes are quite large, so you are not going to see everyone in there. Also, consider this... depending which dome you were hunting in, depends how many hunters you see.

Not a lot of ppl come to CND to hunt baby troxes... you can hunt those in numerous places on the planet. Domes 16-20 are where a lot of ppl go to hunt. Dasps, Cornoterian (or however you spell), as you cannot find those anyplace else.

Being a lvl 42 hunter, I cannot take out those biggies, so I enjoy the big plumas/prancers, the big merp/berys, big snarks/cornys/caudys, as it is a challenge to find these mobs of those maturities on the planet.

Lastly... 5 global in 5 days? Hmmm, I know some players who would give thier left arm for a single global in a week. Perhaps you felt that you would hit the big one by going to CND. If that is the case, you were bound to be disappointed.

Good luck in your future planetside adventures... since it is obvious from your post that you will not be heading to CND again soon.

I would have to disagree. I was hunting Atrox up there and with about 1000 PED of ammo I turned over 6-7 globals.

I came back down to Eudoria to hunt Atrox and in 3k PED of ammo I've turned over only the same 6-7 globals.

Its all just luck :kos:

what you experienced could of happened anywhere but there were some things that were different.

you paid a fee to go to a hunting ground (flight fees) and you paid taxes, other than that nothing special. sorry you had a bad return hopefully it turns around for you soon :)

Round #1

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v901VAW3Z6E[/YOUTUBE]​

You should be entering this!!!

Jamhot

Sorry to hear your losses, although CND has been pretty bad all week for hunting imo. Maybe you just had bad luck on your timing of your visit. I know ive only done a few small hunts and i figured thats why i lost each time, but now i see you have lost too then im going to go for that CND itself this week was on a low. Its not like that all the time you know.

Anyway i hope you stay for Champions League, if you havnt flown down already. Its certainly something to experience that you can not experience on the planet with the live feed and 5 domes to choose from for an event. Who knows with your cash thrown away to the loot pool you could end up with a nice HOF and win a cash prize to boot.

yesterday we killed 60 + dasps with no global, but then there was another team racking up the hofs al the time. just comes down to luck i guess

Yeah imo..if your not there to go mining dont expect a lot to change in terms of hunting.

Only thing i cant do on calypso is hunt dasps. Sicne they eat my face anyway..well I just hunt while im mining and hope for the best.

Dont let one run of cnd discourage you. Yes it can be a major pain in the ass, but it can also be very rewarding.

Poor loot anywhere, or poor loot hunting on CND has nothing to do with Mind Ark "controlling" the loot system. The loot system is the same everywhere. If you are having a poor hunting or mining run, it's because somebody else is having a good one. Hunting is no different on CND than on Calypso and it's sheer ignorance to think that the developer is manipulating how the loot is distributed.

It makes no difference who loots what and from where, loot is generated from peds in the loot pool and does not come from the companies pockets. So it makes no difference to them who gets it or where it comes from.

never b33n to CND :rofl: i see no differnce anyway... ill lose anyway:eek:

Jamhot that video was awesome!!!!
My voice has now been offiially copyrighted by JamhotTV lol

CND rocks!!!
Not becuz of hunting/mining!!! (cuz you do that anyway where ever ur at)
IT'S the VIBE!!!!!!! that makes me wanna come back every single day.
It has a certain energy that is nowehere else to be found.

Only that feeling can be brought to you by ClubNEVERDIE!

Pink

I heard that CND gives very much and takes a lot...

In this short life, as a noob that I am CND in the 2 times that I was there nor took me nor give my

Certainly you have better luck the next time you go there m8

We must never lose hope ;)

Personally, I have had both good and bad streaks on CND... and I don't think the loot mechanics work any differently on CND than they do on Calypso.

You just notice the poor or good loot more, since you cannot store anything, and you either TT everything, or carry it about.

Deserted? Every time I have been to CND, the place was far from deserted. Those domes are quite large, so you are not going to see everyone in there. Also, consider this... depending which dome you were hunting in, depends how many hunters you see.

Not a lot of ppl come to CND to hunt baby troxes... you can hunt those in numerous places on the planet. Domes 16-20 are where a lot of ppl go to hunt. Dasps, Cornoterian (or however you spell), as you cannot find those anyplace else.

Being a lvl 42 hunter, I cannot take out those biggies, so I enjoy the big plumas/prancers, the big merp/berys, big snarks/cornys/caudys, as it is a challenge to find these mobs of those maturities on the planet.

Lastly... 5 global in 5 days? Hmmm, I know some players who would give thier left arm for a single global in a week. Perhaps you felt that you would hit the big one by going to CND. If that is the case, you were bound to be disappointed.

Good luck in your future planetside adventures... since it is obvious from your post that you will not be heading to CND again soon.

im going to have to agree with Coz1968 on this one, people would give anything to get 5 globals. CND is good for hunting what you cant on planet calypso. CND works just the same as hunting in a LA on calypso its no diffrent...

That sucks .. but like people said - it's not that special of a hunting ground, outside of the 2 creatures you can't get on planet.
It's a miner's spot and the hunters (from what I've seen minus champions league and the random event)are far and few between when compared to the multitude of miners.

I'm not sure why anyone would pay a flight to go up and pay taxes on top of it to go hunt, unless you were hunting a space-specific creature like Dasp/Cornaterion or going with friends. In which case - you usually don't worry about losses cuz you're just there for fun. :D

In any case - I hope your luck gets better.
But next time - maybe hunt something a little bigger than snables and plumas in search of the mighty swirlies. ;) (I looked at your EntTracker)

Ive been there a few times... every time I went up, it was to mine. Ironically, after 500 ped in mining I only had 7 hits. But to get around I had to hunt some critters and I ended up with a break even cause of the hunting. lol:D

As for the dead domes, each time i've been up its been dead. I think its my time zone. ;) LOL I hope you have better luck in the future!! :wtg:

ack .. I sound so anti-CND in my previous post and I am not !! :wise:
For the record .. I like CND and I like hunting there - I've always done well. :better:

The only time I get frustrated there is when mining .. but then I get frustrated mining everywhere - so that's nothing new.
(It took me 2.5 yrs and to lvl 31 for Loki to finally say "Uggghh woman! You're only mad at EU when you mine" .. so now I just pew pew :sniper:)

CND is always fun - but just like with most of everything in EU and RL it's more fun if you bring people. So, next time - have a party - make it a group thing - hold an event.
Then you'll worry less about swirliez because you'll be a busy little bee. ;)

When your mind is free of swirly thoughts - then and only then will you hof, grasshoppah. Because it always comes when you least expect it ;)

Last edited:

I'm not sure why anyone would pay a flight to go up and pay taxes on top of it to go hunt, unless you were hunting a space-specific creature like Dasp/Cornaterion or going with friends. In which case - you usually don't worry about losses cuz you're just there for fun. :D

In any case - I hope your luck gets better.
But next time - maybe hunt something a little bigger than snables and plumas in search of the mighty swirlies. ;) (I looked at your EntTracker)

I did go with a Soc mate actually (who has an appartment) - and she spent about 1k of ammo with no globals at all, so we turned over nearly 4k of ammo. Since 2 of my globals were in my first session, that's 3 small globals in over 3.5k of ammo. We hunted all the domes between the Snables and the Cornoanterion/Argo Leaders.

I'm Level 47, and I've never had such a low number of globals on that turnover of ammo on the planet.

We knew we'd pay the flights, and the taxes, but we didn't expect we'd get
so little loot to pay the taxes on. Fun wears thin after session after session with no loot.

I see no-one has posted with similar experience, so either we had uniquely bad luck, or those people who've been don't read the CND threads any more.

But I hardly saw another hunter, and nearly all the shops are closed, I would have liked to recommend players to go, because it is different, it is interesting, it is fun, some of the difficulties are overestimated, but I'm sorry, I can't.

Consensus says that loot anywhere is essentially controlled by statistical algorithms. The problem for the individual is that the overall picture isn't of much interest when you're on a bad streak - but then it ain't during a winning streak either (who's ever felt guilty for depriving others of loot when the HOF comes to you?).

I am somewhat baffled by MA's lack of clarity as to how loot is distributed but I suspect they know what they're doing in terms of keeping the maximum number of players interested and, of course, spending...

On the subject of going to CP/CND, or even of hunting in LAs on Calypso, anyone who plays a fair amount of time will eventually want to try something different even if it works out a bit more expensive. Also the thrill of the big or exotic loot is proportional to its rarity - that's human nature.

You just had shit luck mate. CND usually pays very well for me. My first time up there I brought 10k ammo, 100 bombs, and 100 probes and my PED card was empty. I was up there for 4 days before finally coming home because I couldn't refine anymore and was just too heavy. (Most ores and en-mats I sold up there to re-sellers at very fair prices). I was just getting too much loot with good MU to TT it. Came back with about 750 PED plus another few hundred PED of stuff I put in storage after getting home. Then I flew back up and went broke with that 750 PED in a few hours. :( I was contemplating flying home when a Female avatar was selling tickets to a "Pink Saturday Event".... Hmm... an event? What's that? So I started talking to Pink herself, and she walked me through the registration process..... so now I'm hollering to the wife "Honey.... bring me up the credit card... I've just entered an event and need a few hundred PED!". I got my noob ass handed to me that event.... but that was the day I realised that there is so much more to CND then just mining and hunting. I love CND, however it can be expensive...... or... it can be prosperous. For the most part I hunt with a friend. Double the killing power, and to at least have some good company if the loot is bad.

Give it another chance.... but I suggest going up when there's a Pink Saturday event running.... the fun of the event alone is enough to make up for any losses..... oh.... and the music is good too! :wtg:

Jamhot that video was awesome!!!!
My voice has now been offiially copyrighted by JamhotTV lol

CND rocks!!!
Not becuz of hunting/mining!!! (cuz you do that anyway where ever ur at)
IT'S the VIBE!!!!!!! that makes me wanna come back every single day.
It has a certain energy that is nowehere else to be found.

Only that feeling can be brought to you by ClubNEVERDIE!

Pink

omg pink, get off the I LOVE CND bandwagon, it's REALLY not that great. You must be getting paid from Neverdie, because I have never come across somebody that loves cnd like you do, and if your not getting paid I think the lack of oxygen in space has affected your judgement and you need to come planetside for a rest lol:)

omg pink, get off the I LOVE CND bandwagon, it's REALLY not that great. You must be getting paid from Neverdie, because I have never come across somebody that loves cnd like you do, and if your not getting paid I think the lack of oxygen in space has affected your judgement and you need to come planetside for a rest lol:)

Do you think i am the only one?
I was Born there!!!
together with my love Force Majeure
And I just state my opinion.
Like you state yours.
And I find CND great!!!
and it is,

and here's the prove I am not the only one

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMai34yy9u4[/YOUTUBE]

LINK: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/club-neverdie/75190-club-neverdie-lives.html

Pink

Last edited:
Try mining up there..400 bombs dropped, 3 oa103's spent, 1 hit for 59ped..Thats it..nothing else even hit..I have noticed cnd has gone very bad lately for miners..Someone hits a tower and boom nothing else hits..I know I know EU is dynamic..

remind , its atleast gambling and the ped ppl win come from someone :rolleyes:
i would write MA and say i mind this shit , but come on dont we kinda want also a 60khof :D i could stay a year at home with that :laugh:

and to cnd , the gambling is just bigger up there
and it can be good or bad

easy thing or :p ?

Last edited:
i love cnd it is where my only hunting hof every came from and also many many mining hofs and coutnelss globals

Soon as my noob but gets some stats built back up i will be living there for the most part again as i used to hunt mine party have fun and just chat with friends when the loot is bad

its a community its more then just a hunting ground

HI PINK

ok I've seen people saying that lots of people would kill to get 5 globals in 5 days, this is a useless comment. If someone turns over 10k ped a day hunting mobs with over 1k hp, he will surely get more than 10 globals a day, where as someone spending 100 ped a day hunting small molisks may be super excited to get a 2 globals in a week. It depends on too many things.

Now I'm not sure whether the lootpools are seperate from the planet or not, but bad loot streaks do happen, and maybe the lack of pedflow on cnd amplified it.

I'm sorry about your loss, but I don't think you need to bring CND down with you.

After over 2 years in EU I finally came up to CND for the first time last week. I'd read about the low mining hit-rate, so I came to hunt. After five days, I've turned over at least 2.5k in ammo, and had only 5 small globals. I've never had such a long losing streak on the planet as I've just had here. I've lost all the Ped I brought, and more.

I was actually impressed by the experience of getting here, and the design of the domes and facilities, and after my first hunt, which gave 2 globals, I was enjoying it. But now I can't sustain the losses, and I'm returning to Calypso.

I can see now why nearly all the shops are closed, and the domes deserted except for a few miners.

The loot policy is controlled by Mindark. But how can Neverdie put up with a situation where the loot policy is obviouly different from on planet, and gives mid-level hunters like me such a bad experience that they never want to return?

Unlucky there but to provide the ying to your yang ... I came up to CND after playing for about 6 months and hit a 16750 TT value Narc find that set me up ingame and on a long and enjoyable path of virtual world game play which in turn has made me ingame and rl friends and which I don't regret one bit 4 years on. Whilst on that journey, and having never hit a hunting HOF on planet of over 2k, i went back to hunt on CND and hit a 10k Ambu HOF. That paid for my entry to the Glowbones and the Egg quests which Neverdie ran from his own pocket with a world renowed author providing the story line ... which I won and received over over 10k in prizes from ND. Then there are the events like Pink Saturdays and Klods champions league that mean, simply put, Entropia would be half the game it is for me if CND wasn't there and run in the way it is. Guess its a bit like life ... everyone has different experiences but I am sure as hell glad I tried ... and many more will be in the future I have no doubt. I am sorry you had a spot of bad luck ... maybe this week isn't the week to do the lottery! :)

Slappy

Last edited:

you're a berk uulwyn

now there is an accurate judgement for you. :D

Judge Slappy

i went to cnd once... to kill a snable stalker male... it owned me 4 times and i left... thats my cnd experience... havent been back up since then.. (almost a year ago now)

cND = mining
TI = hunting

cND = mining
TI = hunting

I beg to differ , 2 huge HOFS past two weeks of Champions League a 40k'r and a 9k'r and thats just on sunday nights! :wise:

CND is the place for it all! ;)

Jamhot

Back