Question: Disable vehicles in lootable PvP?

Disable vehicles in lootable PvP on Calypso?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
It's done, vehicles will be turned off in PvP4 as soon as the next content patch is released. Thanks for your help!

any eta on when vehicles are going to be fixed?
i mean you give us vehicles with guns, you cant shoot mobs with them, and two years later you take away a good reason for using them because there are issues? :)

It's done, vehicles will be turned off in PvP4 as soon as the next content patch is released. Thanks for your help!

THNX ALOT , we will wait it, dont dissapoint us

By the way ! fix Ammo get on kill!!! and fix bugs when instant kill exploit in pvp by getting that 2 quests!

ooooOOOooOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome BACK to the ADRENALINE RUSH WooT!!!

hehe hands sweating heart pumping Good loot and Danger around every corner.

;)

:yup:....................................................:yup:....................................................:yup:

C

i mean you give us vehicles with guns, you cant shoot mobs with them, and two years later you take away a good reason for using them because there are issues? :)

99.99999999999% of all vehicle weapon fire in pvp4 is directed at other vehicles, not players.

Wooot! Thx!!!

By the way ! fix Ammo get on kill!!! and fix bugs when instant kill exploit in pvp by getting that 2 quests!

Please fix these bugs as soon as possible!

Lets have a closer look at it:

- part of pvp hunter will leave pvp
- part of pvp miners will leave pvp
- new threads of pkers whinning and bitching about others pkers will flood forum again
- russians will find out new bugs - all playerbase will get penalised
- pyrite will go up
- enhancers craft will go doww
- using of enhancers will go down too
- part of pkers has been "lost" for good anyway
- no using of oil from pvp vehicles
... and I can continue here for hours

So, there will be up to 25 pkers shooting each other in pvp, because at least 50% of those who voted for "no vehicles" will leave as soon as they realize they simply cant compete there.

Simply, another classic short sighted decision.

- new threads of pkers whinning and bitching about others pkers will flood forum again
- pyrite will go up

So, there will be up to 25 pkers shooting each other in pvp, because at least 50% of those who voted for "no vehicles" will leave as soon as they realize they simply cant compete there.

Spot on there :p

- pyrite will go up

Can I say something? U look to this only from yours side. And it seems u dont know much...

- part of pvp hunter will leave pvp - part will leave (who cant defend themself and just useing vechicles issue to stay alive...)but part will be back and some new will join
- part of pvp miners will leave pvp - same - if they can stay in pvp4 just because of vehicle issues, they will leave (they cant play unfair any more)
- new threads of pkers whinning and bitching about others pkers will flood forum again - not comment (U PKer? i think u "biching" because MA will fix unfair things with vehicles)
- russians will find out new bugs - all playerbase will get penalised - not many russians there (i think U got problem with geography) btw u should cry about that to MA, because "russians" are first players who write support cases about new/old bugs/exploits
- pyrite will go up - no more exploits = high price on lootable pvp items/minerals = more players will go to try they luck in pvp - that why it is called PVP (lootable!)
- enhancers craft will go doww - why do U see high price on pyrite (less then 200%), but U dont see price on output amps (more then 300%)?
- using of enhancers will go down too (see above)
- part of pkers has been "lost" for good anyway - if u dont like pvp, why u care about that thead?
- no using of oil from pvp vehicles - I believe in that only U care about FEW ped oil that pvp vehicles are useing...
... and I can continue here for hours - I am sure U can... but mabie u should not continues HERE for hours - go to game and play!

Oh wait!!! Im just poor russian... I do not want to disappoint U, but I am not from Russia, main part of pvp4 PKers not from there too, so stop that...

Can I say something? U look to this only from yours side. And it seems u dont know much...

part will leave (who cant defend themself and just useing vechicles issue to stay alive...)but part will be back and some new will join
- part of pvp miners will leave pvp - same - if they can stay in pvp4 just because of vehicle issues, they will leave (they cant play unfair any more)
- new threads of pkers whinning and bitching about others pkers will flood forum again - not comment (U PKer? i think u "biching" because MA will fix unfair things with vehicles)
- russians will find out new bugs - all playerbase will get penalised - not many russians there (i think U got problem with geography) btw u should cry about that to MA, because "russians" are first players who write support cases about new/old bugs/exploits
- pyrite will go up - no more exploits = high price on lootable pvp items/minerals = more players will go to try they luck in pvp - that why it is called PVP (lootable!)
- enhancers craft will go doww - why do U see high price on pyrite (less then 200%), but U dont see price on output amps (more then 300%)?
- using of enhancers will go down too (see above)
- part of pkers has been "lost" for good anyway - if u dont like pvp, why u care about that thead?
- no using of oil from pvp vehicles - I believe in that only U care about FEW ped oil that pvp vehicles are useing...
... and I can continue here for hours - I am sure U can... but mabie u should not continues HERE for hours - go to game and play!

Oh wait!!! Im just poor russian... I do not want to disappoint U, but I am not from Russia, main part of pvp4 PKers not from there too, so stop that...

Hulk, I respect your opininion, mine is different, thats all.
Every move, every change thats was ever made in pvp, was pushing things from good to bad, everytime.
As it will be now.
Yor imaginations about player coming to hunt mobs into "new" pvp are pure wishes and fantasmagories and I´m sure you know it.

And about your funny last sentence about lack of geography, rofl, I thought you are more clever, but I see i have to explain it - You are one of few Lithuanian players, here on EF, who are able to act and communicate as a cultural men. Rest are simply Russians.
See the difference?

Hulk, I respect your opininion, mine is different, thats all.
Every move, every change thats was ever made in pvp, was pushing things from good to bad, everytime.
As it will be now.
Yor imaginations about player coming to hunt mobs into "new" pvp are pure wishes and fantasmagories and I´m sure you know it.

And about your funny last sentence about lack of geography, rofl, I thought you are more clever, but I see i have to explain it - You are one of few Lithuanian players, here on EF, who are able to act and communicate as a cultural men. Rest are simply Russians.
See the difference?

I was "living" in pvp4 from first it was implemented. I know alot of players who stoped PKing or even playing because of vehicles in pvp4. Still talking with them from time to time and everyone saying same - if (when) MA disable vechicle and fix main exploits in pvp zones, they will be back to PK, because it is fun, because alot of them came to EU and like it for PK, and had nothing to do after vehicles destroy PK and pvp...

I am out of this discussion.

P.S. And one more time - Thx Kim!

heh, maybe you mean "Soviets" , not Russian :p i know maybe 1 or 2 russians in-game...

And about price of resources, yep, they go up - that's why mining there might be profitable, and then we will see not less, but more miners (and pk'ers ofc).

About burned oil, lol :D funny... but wonder how much pk'ers spend ME to explore zone, few times more than oil ( oh yes, maybe sweat gonna up giving extra peds to newbies ).

also someone notice, that might broke vehicle craft business - funny :) i lost few times more vehicles on landgrabs, rig, or even simple planets exploring, than in pvp4 ...

now, if someone wanna mining / hunt here, need to buy armor, gun, amp to self defence wich simple improve craft business

and at the end, no more quad miners/hunters who bitching you as a nib, when you follow them to the zone edge (or even non-pvp lands...).

PS. Kim, what about arrival safe bubble? will be reduced to 5-10 sec? 30 is a bit too much, making players almost untouchable when they jump around zone...

PS. Kim, what about arrival safe bubble? will be reduced to 5-10 sec? 30 is a bit too much, making players almost untouchable when they jump around zone...

Oh yes! That is problem too! After TPing player can logout before someone can shoot him. Unfair...

Interesting. And for all who are jumping up and down about this, remember you will not have access to vehicles as well. You will need to hunt for other players by foot now. Can't wait to read what the pirates will have to say about this. BTW, while at it, can we have vehicles disabled in PvP-L space as well?

99.99999999999% of all vehicle weapon fire in pvp4 is directed at other vehicles, not players.

that is my point?
we are "given" vehicles with places for guns, people spend money to get these vehicles and two years later they are removed because 119 people voted for it? :)
so now we are back to unbalanced between these huge tiered weapons the lack of protection against them, and pvp4 is now a 1 shot=kill zone. Before tiering and the huge rocket launchers it wasnt a level playing field but at least everyone had some chance. Vehicles levelled the playing field a bit and meant that if a pk-er wanted to take out a vehicle it required teamwork.
i know there are some terrible bugs that make pvp4 unpopular with pk-ers, but MA should just fix that instead of breaking things because they are not competent enough to fix bugs, or think of the problems they cause before hand, especially after years of doing nothing about it.
and this just causes new problems, are enhancers not expensive enough as they are?

Hope this includes preventing flying vehicles from going over the top and drop spawning vehicles into the "no spawn" zone.

Side note....how about doing a "Hub" type pvp4...not the whole 9yards with reduced cost to play (ppl didnt seem to like that idea too much when i suggested it last time).
PvP4 specific weapons, "PK" armor and health leveling, so no one need to complain about being out gunned and all are equal...similar to space ^^ I think this "Equality" might make it more fun and "fair" for all without affecting the MU's or pvp4 loots.

Either way whats getting done for now is defo a step back in the right direction. I might just come back to pvp4 once more....have missed it (Single tear runs down my left cheek....*sniff..)

DCF

that is my point?
we are "given" vehicles with places for guns, people spend money to get these vehicles and two years later they are removed because 119 people voted for it? :)
so now we are back to unbalanced between these huge tiered weapons the lack of protection against them, and pvp4 is now a 1 shot=kill zone. Before tiering and the huge rocket launchers it wasnt a level playing field but at least everyone had some chance. Vehicles levelled the playing field a bit and meant that if a pk-er wanted to take out a vehicle it required teamwork.
i know there are some terrible bugs that make pvp4 unpopular with pk-ers, but MA should just fix that instead of breaking things because they are not competent enough to fix bugs, or think of the problems they cause before hand, especially after years of doing nothing about it.
and this just causes new problems, are enhancers not expensive enough as they are?

atleast they are trying out options to find a solution.. trial and error is the best way of making things better

Hope this includes preventing flying vehicles from going over the top and drop spawning vehicles into the "no spawn" zone.

Side note....how about doing a "Hub" type pvp4...not the whole 9yards with reduced cost to play (ppl didnt seem to like that idea too much when i suggested it last time).
PvP4 specific weapons, "PK" armor and health leveling, so no one need to complain about being out gunned and all are equal...similar to space ^^ I think this "Equality" might make it more fun and "fair" for all without affecting the MU's or pvp4 loots.

Either way whats getting done for now is defo a step back in the right direction. I might just come back to pvp4 once more....have missed it (Single tear runs down my left cheek....*sniff..)

DCF

you could argue a point something like "the structure of your armor/enhancers is weakening due to the toxins"

that way you could control excessive dmg and protection and still let the ubers have a slight advantage

problem is though that people may complain about enhancers but realistic scenario(without enhancers):

pker vs average player

some one using th following settup attacks you(and doesn't one shot you with an al29+boom BBC)
infil/hermes+3E

lets say you are using the following setup(because who wants to spent 800ped on a pk amp and tons of markup on big guns if you can use them even:
lr63+shear pro600

then my average dmg would be on infil 28.8(max 62) and hermes 32.5(max 66)

so even if I do max dmg constantly there are plenty of people capable of out fapping me

now I can't use al29 or afford a boom BBC just for pvping :D

FYI this isn't a "punish the skilled players for being capable of using the best gear" rant, I'm just saying that without enhancers any1 below lvl60 might aswell stay away from the zone.

also I've seen plenty of people complain about "enhencers noobs" but seriously... some1 with less HP an dodge has aqcuired a weapon with equal power to yours and beats you doesn't make him the noob, it just shows that without that huge advantage you couldn't keep up

if it will be next update,
i will deposit and buy back my pvp stuff i sold out half year ago.

Ofcourse ammo bug need to be fixed too...

But, you can turn all settings down except avatar quality and you will be able to see avatars at distance and not bog your computer down with other stuff.

Problem is that it's item quality (same as vegetation and all that) that matters for distance to see other avatars, not avatar quality.

I'd say it's the other way around: MA has been able to do a quick fix to calm some people's minds, while they now have the time to think of some more advanced way to think how vehicles should work in lootable pvp. So maybe one day in the future, while being able to have been thinking about it without the "daily bashing" from pk:ers about miners who recall their findings to storage and about pk:ers hiding in wrecks, they may be able to implement a solution that makes it possible to bring back vehicles in a balanced way.

And meanwhile, miners can still use vehicles anywhere outside of pvp4 without any changes.

Last edited:
Problem is that it's item quality (same as vegetation and all that) that matters for distance to see other avatars, not avatar quality.

That's not my experience in at least 50 LG's I've been to...

I'd say it's the other way around: MA has been able to do a quick fix to calm some people's minds, while they now have the time to think of some more advanced way to think how vehicles should work in lootable pvp. So maybe one day in the future

This is how low our expectations have become? :)
maybe some day in the future?
how long exactly have these problems with vehicles in lootable pvp been around? :)
the time for MA to think of how vehicles should work in lootable pvp was before they were introduced!
they had the time to test them before implementation, before presenting them as "weapons" to be used in pvp.

this should increase ME MF telport usage up.

I may even start playing if you did that Kim :D)

Definitely need to spice up PVP.. It has been a terrible bore ever since the advent of vehicles.

Kim i freaking love you sir!!!! Wow just wow.

ooooOOOooOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome BACK to the ADRENALINE RUSH WooT!!!

hehe hands sweating heart pumping Good loot and Danger around every corner.

;)

You're going down Strash man i know where you live ;) :sniper:

I was "living" in pvp4 from first it was implemented. I know alot of players who stoped PKing or even playing because of vehicles in pvp4. Still talking with them from time to time and everyone saying same - if (when) MA disable vechicle and fix main exploits in pvp zones, they will be back to PK, because it is fun, because alot of them came to EU and like it for PK, and had nothing to do after vehicles destroy PK and pvp...

I am out of this discussion.

P.S. And one more time - Thx Kim!

Exactly right Hulkster! This is the reason i quit this game.. It is amazing if they make these changes.. I love it!!!

Well done planet calypso forum members.

YOU! get what YOU voted for!

lets see how long till you are complaining about this shit

PS, surely this should of been done more official?

i mean this forum isnt actually the official means of communication is it? this is a game decision, surely sending a link to the poll to all entropia accounts email address would of been the better way to do it. so that all could get a chance to vote of decisions such as this???

to me this poll was corrupted, and people voted not to what was asked in the question, but rather to a dislike of 'NOOB' players as they put it, having a chance to survive in pvp, and that there people hated vehicles and would rather never see them in pvp ever again, which wasnt what was asked was it??

pvp4 was around quite a while before vehicles, and I don't recall anyone complaining "man, we need vehicles so we can mine/hunt in pvp4 with almost zero risk". Of course some will now since that has been taken away...

pvp4 was around quite a while before vehicles, and I don't recall anyone complaining "man, we need vehicles so we can mine/hunt in pvp4 with almost zero risk". Of course some will now since that has been taken away...

that is a good point but then there were also no tiered weapons, only a select few could "one shot kill" with a ranged weapon? and your logic is strange in a way, we do have vehicles now, part of their "selling point" was armed combat with vehicles? its a bit like going back to the stone age, and i think most people enjoy the fact that items crafted with resources found only in pvp are a lot cheaper then they were?
they should of thought of all this before introducing vehicles.
the only people that will really suffer and might complain in the future are the end users of the products made with resources found only in lootable pvp.

There aren't 119 people who PVP in game...not sure why people are complaining that the minority of pk'rs get what they want..obviously some other people agree.

I've been waiting for vehicles to leave PvP4 for a while...but really all they need to do is remove vehicle storage from pvp4 and then it wouldn't be so bad having vehicles...just like you can't enter space or spawn a vehicle with items in storage.

Interesting. And for all who are jumping up and down about this, remember you will not have access to vehicles as well. You will need to hunt for other players by foot now. Can't wait to read what the pirates will have to say about this. BTW, while at it, can we have vehicles disabled in PvP-L space as well?

Welcome to pre vehicles times when PVP was full of people and it was interesting to be in there!

Status
Back