Question: Does Unlimited armor still loot on Calypso?

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
I've seen posts over the past few weeks that suggest that unlimited armor from Pixie upwards seems to have stopped being looted.

Last time I looted unlimited armor was 23rd of February, Argonauts no longer loot Paladin or Knight, I've seen people stating that Pixie shins seem to be absent from Daikiba and Molisk no longer looting Shogun.

But these are only 3 creatures, do Snables still loot Pixie and Goblin? Berycled and all the rest?

Is it only certain beginner mobs that have changed or is unlimited armor a thing of the past on Calypso?

Results (Mar 2011 onwards)

Allophyl - Shogun
Argonaut - Nemesis, Shadow
Atrax - Gremlin
Atrox - Jaguar, Vigilante
Beacon - Lion
Berycled - Goblin, Gremlin, Kobold
Bristlehog - Gremlin, Nemesis
Caudatergus - Goblin, Vigilante
Combibo - Goblin, Kobold, Vigilante
Cornundacauda - Kobold, Nemesis
Daikiba - Gremlin, Raven (boss)
Drone - Nemesis
Equus - Jaguar
Estophyl - Jaguar
Eviscerator - Jaguar
Exarosaur - Pixie, Vigilante
Faucervix - Nemesis
Feffoid - Angel
Gradivore - Vigilante
Hussk - Wormslayer
Itumatrox - Angel
Longu - Gremlin
Merp - Gremlin
Molisk - Angel, Shogun
Morsusilex - Jaguar
Mulmun - Boar
Rextelum - Imperial Hazen (boss)
Sabakuma - Shogun
Shinkiba - Pixie
Snable - Pixie
Snarksnot - Kobold
Tezlapod - Jaguar
Traeskeron - Cheyldra (boss), Gremlin

Last edited:
I got Pixie Footguards (M) from an Exo Dom three days ago... :yay:

I got Pixie Footguards (M) from an Exo Dom three days ago... :yay:

Same, except from a stalker I think it was...

But I have noticed that big exa drops less pixie and bibos drops less goblin shins than usual

I got some goblin foot guards when doing a snarg stalker/bery stalker hunt. I'm not sure what looted it, but i assume a bery.

Subscribing...hunting sure isn't as good with no armor dropping.

Can`t say about Calypso but well over a dozen pieces of pixie and shogun looted on NI in a matter of a few days.

maybe they are spreading it across the universe?

maybe they are spreading it across the universe?

Maybe they are, and I can see the argument in favour of that, but if a new person cant loot Pixie / Goblin on Calypso then there is a problem. Need more data. :)

Why is it a problem that pixie no longer drops?

It will mean other crafted armours will become more popular. Pixie always was the crafted armour killer. And it's not like there's shortage of pixie on the auction.

It will mean other crafted armours will become more popular. Pixie always was the crafted armour killer. And it's not like there's shortage of pixie on the auction.

It wont be a problem for those of us who already own Pixie, it may cause the price to rise even, I'm trying to ascertain if unlimited armor is still dropping in loot on Calypso seeing as I've not got any in nearly a month.

I'm also trying to see if and what unlim armor is dropping elsewhere - does Pixie / Goblin loot on NI / RT ?

Aside from the obvious point that it's a great starter armor, it tends to make returns better on newbie mobs if a player loots pieces they don't need, for example.

Also: What crafted armors would be substituted for Pixie if it didn't drop? Not implying there isn't one, just asking.

I looted 2 Goblin foot guards and harness from Caudatergus today. I only killed 2 as well :laugh:

Also: What crafted armors would be substituted for Pixie if it didn't drop? Not implying there isn't one, just asking

well anything coupled with 1a or 2a plates that gives around a total of 9 impact and 3 cut

like guardian and 2a plates. ( 8 impact, 6 cut 1.5 stab 1.5 penetration 3 burn)

guardian/2a on exarosaur young avgdmg=3.5 decay=0.467
pixie on exarosaur young avdmg=2.8 decay=0.546

or berzerker, samurai and dragon armour.

or renegade/1a , warrior/1a

or expedition (with the helmet!)

the hunting area would be soo much more colourful, instead of the boring yellow/greenish we have now.
Also it would create a crafters market for low level armours. Low level armours are easy to craft, so it's a nice entry market for want to be crafters. Right now pixie kills that market.

Last edited:
The sum total of 2 pixie footguards from a 1000 exars (mainly old - dom) in the last week.

I wanted a harness to replace one I accidently gave away, shot and looted the auctioneer in the end.

I looted Nemesis Helm on 26th Feb

problem with crafted armors is their tt i think

settler has something around dunno, 18 ped? already and pixie like 14?
at least pixie's max tt is pretty much lowest i could think of

if a newbie, and newbies already barely deposit as it is, have to pay like 18 ped for the armor and even another 20? 30? ped for plates just to get the roughly same protection, thats fairly bad imo

i know that for long term players 20 ped is nothing usually, you can piss that away in 10 minutes if you do it right, prolly even faster

but for a newbie, where getting 2 ped (out of 1000 sweat) can take hours, every ped is a treasure there

and if you tell them they can sweat 4 weeks til they got a decent protection against exas or something, i don't think they would like it :p

however, what would be useful, would be some seriously low tt armor parts
say 1.8 ped per piece pixie L, crafted - wouldnt even lose protection as the real pixie
and you got your crafted armor which would prolly even bought more often cause it has some advantages
plus, it would give low level armor crafters something to do

i mean seriously, who crafts settler, bpdyguard etcetc -and- has something of it
even if pixie was totally removed i doubt it would help much towards sales
but a 11% markup (you could sell pixie L for 2 ped for example), that could be interesting
problem with that low tt stuff is the auction fee tho ;)
either way, it would be an idea as well :D

Busy the 10 iron molisk atm. Din't see a shogun piece in lootwindow for last 5k mobs. So yes Ul armor pieces doesn't drop that frequent anymore.

Busy the 10 iron molisk atm. Din't see a shogun piece in lootwindow for last 5k mobs. So yes Ul armor pieces doesn't drop that frequent anymore.

Actually noticed something similair during cornudauca. Normally i get a shitload of kobold armor but last 10 runs nada.. (5k kills) so something is going or wrong at loot server

Mega - are you still killing lots of argos? when was the last time you had a piece from them?

No idea about low end armors, but we had another Angel drop wave a couple weeks ago.

On Calypso that is, so yes.

looted on march 2nd:

I got a paladin harness UL from atrax old doing the mission and some nemesis thighs i think it was from a Cornundacauda about 4-5 months back and more Knight female thighs from argo than I can carry sometimes and some his and hers shogun armor in globals on Molisk

Last edited:

In 5600 Molisks (Young to Scavenger) I looted three Shogun Foot Guards.

Were any of those in the past 3 weeks ? :)

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Yes, I think so. At least 2 of them.

Edit: Also, I just looted another pair! :laugh:

Last edited:
in the last month I have looted shogun gloves M and F, Shogun harness, Pixie parts killing various mobs while ming and the gremlin sleeves from Atrax at the beach doing the mission last week or so ago.

in the last month I have looted shogun gloves M and F, Shogun harness, Pixie parts killing various mobs while ming and the gremlin sleeves from Atrax at the beach doing the mission last week or so ago.

Shogun from Saba?
Harness from Molisk?
Pixie parts - I'd like more details
Gremlin arms? from Atrax

Thanks for the info Trina. :)

Actually noticed something similair during cornudauca. Normally i get a shitload of kobold armor but last 10 runs nada.. (5k kills) so something is going or wrong at loot server

Confirmed on the Corns, I just finished my 10k, and I have not looted a single one of the common armor parts since a particular update - but I'm not sure of the date. My 500 kill runs almost always resulted in 1-3 armor pieces, but that just stopped cold. On the plus side, I looted and ESI from a Corn Young - silently :D

It seems that the drop rate has been eliminated or drastically reduced on many of the most common looted armors. Some of these items dropped so much they were mostly TT-food. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. (But good riddance to the Argo Knight Thigh-f drops!)

:beerchug:

Miles

This is why I'm trying to narrow down posters to March 2011 onwards, armor parts used to rain down prior to that date (well the common ones) but they are absent or extremely rare since.

I'm trying to ascertain if they have gone to "no longer drop" or "rare".

If you wanted a paladin face mask, to go with your shogun set I'd hurry up '-)

Back