Entropia Universe 11.8.0 Release Notes

Nice VU, I hope that also other planets will consider to start landgrabs since this is a "tool" of MA
Repairing buildings sounds really interesting, I guess that crafters have to do something in next weeks, finding BPs and craft these repairers

have to say when i heard 1 week i lost all hope when i heard 10% decay i changed my mind :D +rep to whoever made this possible

Read the notes again. Unless MA made a mistake in their description, the 10% does not apply to Landgrab, only Fort Events.

Hm how do you start the event? As far as I understand it is 2 societies at a time and it is ingame system event. So what whoever signs up for the event first taking a part or ? .... Hm don't get from this actually how to start and what societies actually take part in it (cause it is limited into 2 teams only - from what I read).

sounds interesting for sure tho

Again, MA may have confused you by including two seperate but related Event tyes in one Release. Landgrab Events are for Socs, Fort Events are for whoever registers in one of the two teams (and created by the in-game Event mechanism).

Nvm........ =)

Last edited:
That % will go to crafters and hunters that loot that. But not ALL crafters and hunters get to loot such items, but ALL will have to cmpensate with extra loss in TT.

Crafter costs of Felis ain't tt man (used Felis as an example), it is huge % as well. The fact the gun costs 1200 Ped doesn't mean you actually profit on it while crafting.. So in another words crafter don't necessary make profit out of it, but the hunter pays the % anyway right ? IMO thats a profit for MA/FCP, cause none of the involved groups earns out of it but the money still goes in the air.

From what I read, a huge number of players will fight each other generating decay at low cost compared to any other activity. More than that. The get to share the decay at the end.

WHERE IS THE SHARE FOR MA IN THIS?

If MA has no share in this, they will have to get those 10-20 ped/hour from other professions. So they will drain the loot, if they are 100 people in 3 hour event with 3-6k ped/round.

The meaning of this is that we all will pay in hunting, mining and crafting for some people to have fun every day. I expect to see average returns lowered due to this fact.

Maybe mindark earns on the event and ticket creation costs and oil consumption on vehicles.
You can also expect the average number of playing hours per participant to grow if lowcost alternatives of playing are avaiable, this will unavoidably lead to mindark earn more money.
More use in pvp gear and explosives will also lead to higher markups, making pvp people share a part of their money with regular hunters who might be able to hunt more due to higher returns.
You really shouldnt worry about mindark not having spend thoughts on their income possibilities ;-P

CHEAP FUN :yup: CHEAP FUN :wtg: CHEAP FUN :yay:

If everything works as intended this is the greatest VU ever, well, maybe second one after the introduction of vehicles.

Keep them coming MA/SDS you are doing great.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys and girls make out of this :) Woop woop!

Anyone from MA/SDS want to verify if its 10% of ammo/decay in landgrab also or only in fort events?

Sounds like it is a very nice VU, and the 10% shows MA is aware of the cost of regular play versus PvP. Nice move !

I hope there is enough stuff around to fight with vehicles now, so that the MU of the vehicle pvp gear doesn't restrict the fun.

Looking forward to trying it out,

Atami

Crafter costs of Felis ain't tt man (used Felis as an example), it is huge % as well. The fact the gun costs 1200 Ped doesn't mean you actually profit on it while crafting.. So in another words crafter don't necessary make profit out of it, but the hunter pays the % anyway right ? IMO thats a profit for MA/FCP, cause none of the involved groups earns out of it but the money still goes in the air.

When you craft felis, you pay markup on ingredients. That markup goes to the miner that loots whatever minerals or ores you put in it.
Some to the hunter who gets the oil and whatever enhanced crap you add in it.
To MA, you only give the TT loss. ANd that is about 10% in the long run. Ofc, if you count the markup you spend on ingredients, the loss is higher, but that markup goes to players. So I fail to see how they make money with this system.

If I fail to see how they make money with this system, the problem is that the loss that is now 10% in the long run, will become 11 or 12 or more. Add to those extra 1-2% some markup, and you will see that soon you will be broke.

It looks too good to be true, there must be a catch :) I hope I'm wrong...

burp

that event good,but cant play ,spend 3000 ped s hunting and crafting in almost 1 week,and the drops and loot was so bad (when thy gonna fix that?) .so no event for me.

Its quite unusual, but I really like this changelog, some small fixes, some small improvements and a good new system.

I see it as replacement of LG and Beacons, and the idea seems very clever.
We had a "Force" channel for a very long time now, so they slowly preared their effect.
Hope it will be bug free.

10% cost on PvP, its time to leave the boring missions and kill some GD...

Oh yeah

I am just so stoked that the new vehicles are now C,L and not just L :yay::wtg::beerchug::clap::dance::hammer::headbang::naughty::banana::woohoo:

Its quite unusual, but I really like this changelog, some small fixes, some small improvements and a good new system.

I see it as replacement of LG and Beacons, and the idea seems very clever.
We had a "Force" channel for a very long time now, so they slowly preared their effect.
Hope it will be bug free.

10% cost on PvP, its time to leave the boring missions and kill some GD...

i will not accept this as a replacement for beacons!:wise:

Well... i am amazing meatshield with my EU skills. But i hope my QUAKE skills will help me there.

Great VU!

Some new info on the site... bot maybe missed?

Managing a Land Grab Area

Unlike other land areas that can be managed the land grab areas does not require fertlizers to be able to spawn creatures.

Up my return rate and i would never get off this game :p

To MA, you only give the TT loss. ANd that is about 10% in the long run. Ofc, if you count the markup you spend on ingredients, the loss is higher, but that markup goes to players. So I fail to see how they make money with this system.

This man depends how u look at the system, if you look at their "we make money from decay itself" then it clearly doens't make sense, however you simple can not omit % of guns. Lets bring once again Felis as example. TT is 569 peds but if you got only 600 peds on your ped card you can not use it as you are not sufficient. You got to deposit more. How do you consider this markup things vanish in economy ? MA gets a cash, of course some goes to the ingredients, crafters etc, however we all know producing, hunting, mining event after MU is hard to breake even so it simplifice 1 thing. MA earns out of MU as player got to deposit and the MU doesn't go to the players pockets.

However If my logic fails then they still got plenty place for income. First players happiness, they gonna spend more time ingame I'd say, positive feedback, event costs etc. It might not influence directly the profit but indirectly it will. If however they indeed influence economy of other systems by this then it is wrong... But I think we will never know, unless Hanne says so ? :) Either way I so far like the update and it is one of best updates in a looooong time. Hope it will keep to be that way.

woooohoooooot!!!! :yay: :clap::dance::handgun::woot::monkey:

That's a nice update! There is hope for the future again! :)

Radar range is now 300 meters, while it was 200 before.

i hop ther fixt the lag in game ther making a lot of peds in decay on

when i shot a hog provider or so i get lik 4 to 6 faileds and sum times i cant changs from gun to fap and ther other way back bud the mob is hiting no matter what ther dont lag out what so ever

and that will say its ava lag i haw try difrent mashins and sum other internet provider at sum frinds so its not my mashins or ther net i got its the servers and i am more or less starting to se it as a scamm from MA and FPC

and i now ther is a shit load of other players ther got it in game to

If the fort system is like any other event system MA charges something like 75 peds to set up an event so that is their cut. In addition the system may not reward shots in the air etc to the winner but only shots that hit targets etc.
Also the system may not return all decays.

Also every crafted and looted L item used in these events will have had decayed paid to loot the item. If more people are buying the guns and armor to play in the forts MA will get their 10% cut of all the people hunting and crafting to meet the PVP item demand.

WHERE IS THE SHARE FOR MA IN THIS?

Looks as an awesome update...would had been much more greater if the 10% rule was aplied to regular pvp combats at any time/place thats designed for pvp (read Oilrig, pvp4 ect. )
Suitable for wishlist no? :)

new radar seems great at first look , thats imho a verry nice feature.

I just miss to not see there tax of land and owner name...

May I humbly request a screenshot of the new UI for the people at "work"? Thank you very much! :)

Back