Entropia Universe Enters China to Create the Largest Virtual World Ever

Nice :yay:
With this new influx of cash MA will probably hire more ppl to develop and such ^^
I'm very interested to know how this will turn out

Let's pray it turns out to be great !

(ps: start buying up mod faps to sell to some chinese biljonair)

Nice :yay:
With this new influx of cash MA will probably hire more ppl to develop and such ^^
I'm very interested to know how this will turn out

Let's pray it turns out to be great !

(ps: start buying up mod faps to sell to some chinese biljonair)

LOL The developers will be Chinese, I'm sure...

"It is estimated that the project will generate some 10,000 qualified job opportunities in China....

Soo... who has a hangar for sale now? ^^ :D

okaaaaaaaaay, very exciting times ahead

:woohoo:

hmmm, it's taken us how long to colonize Calypso? hundreds of planets? This is very interesting, to say the least. Sounds like a sea change in the storyline of EU though.

okaaaaaaaaay, very exciting times ahead

:woohoo:

hmmm, it's taken us how long to colonize Calypso? hundreds of planets? This is very interesting, to say the least. Sounds like a sea change in the storyline of EU though.

I think the storyline just got nuked... lol

Sounds to me that all that makes EU enjoyable and fun to be in may well become lost in the greed of big business and all things coorporate.
Lets hope MA can take there eyes of the big $s and realise they shouldnt lose the one thing that keeps depositors coming back... FUN ;)

LOL The developers will be Chinese, I'm sure...

Dunno...sure that 10,000 number isn't just how many censors they'll be hiring? :)

okay, wonderful, now how about the VU. I guess there's no VU coming until the Chinese server farm is complete. Look for 8.12 in 2020.

as my first reply is now in the garbage bin ;)

WOW very exciting news :eek: :laugh:

The feeling that I get when I read the release is:

1) the new network will effectively replace the current network

2) the nature of gameplay in EU will fundamentally change

and...

3) the framework of the universe will center on social/business interaction ala SL

I actually agree with Marco, this is very exciting ... and as expected, the responses here have been rather predictable, but I suppose they're based on historical non-informative/minimal interactive MA with what goes on behind the scenes, which brings me to my next thought ... we have no idea what MA is or has been working on, and for how long.

Obviously they've been quite busy, and even based on past experience of being kept rather in the dark about things, don't you think that with an undertaking this massive that perhaps they might have plans in place to handle such an expansion? Just asking! :D

Despite past frustrations and challenges, I would like to at least give MA enough credit and benefit of the doubt to have the foresight to have certain things in place before taking on a project like this. Also, it would seem evident that being in negotiations with China, that there are certain requirements that have been agreed to and mandated, otherwise this wouldn't fly.

For the time being ... I'm going to put my faith in MA that they will do what's necessary (eventually) to bring Entropia into alignment with what will afford this virtual universe to operate at a level that we all can enjoy with minimal challenges or frustrations. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I want to at least give them an opportunity to prove that I'm wrong, and support their efforts out the gate.

This is going to be quite a ride! :wtg:

did every one selectively read the paragraph?

create a cash-based virtual economy for China

its not for us. Unless you are chinese. read between the lines, MA just licenced its technology to be used in a state approved virtual world. they will create a monster server farm(s?) and use this VR to enable teleworking oppertunities across the vast Chinese hinterland.

nice bit of business for MA. not sure it materially affects us, wait and see.

Wait and see..
3 things :
1) i bet not even the first stone of the first planet is made yet.
2) i think that world wont be direct linked to hour.
3) while MA will go after the 8 million "rich" chinese with big contract , they will care even less about "poor" european...

It is exciting.

but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it.

I actually agree with Marco, this is very exciting ... and as expected, the responses here have been rather predictable, but I suppose they're based on historical non-informative/minimal interactive MA with what goes on behind the scenes, which brings me to my next thought ... we have no idea what MA is or has been working on, and for how long.

Obviously they've been quite busy, and even based on past experience of being kept rather in the dark about things, don't you think that with an undertaking this massive that perhaps they might have plans in place to handle such an expansion? Just asking! :D

Despite past frustrations and challenges, I would like to at least give MA enough credit and benefit of the doubt to have the foresight to have certain things in place before taking on a project like this. Also, it would seem evident that being in negotiations with China, that there are certain requirements that have been agreed to and mandated, otherwise this wouldn't fly.

For the time being ... I'm going to put my faith in MA that they will do what's necessary (eventually) to bring Entropia into alignment with what will afford this virtual universe to operate at a level that we all can enjoy with minimal challenges or frustrations. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I want to at least give them an opportunity to prove that I'm wrong, and support their efforts out the gate.

This is going to be quite a ride! :wtg:

MS9 -

One of the things I love most about you is your unconditional ability to give people the benefit of the doubt. I really do admire that about you...

However...

MA has and, in my estimation, will always defer to the money... If 20K or so active players are affected negatively, well, you gotta break some eggs to make an omelet...

its not for us. Unless you are chinese. read between the lines, MA just licenced its technology to be used in a state approved virtual world. they will create a monster server farm(s?) and use this VR to enable teleworking oppertunities across the vast Chinese hinterland.

Good catch.

True, but it then says 'will bring an outside virtual world into China for the very first time.' and 'The new project will permit up to 7 million concurrent users logged into the virtual universe with an overall aim to attract some 150 million users from all over the world.'

:woohoo: ...these are indeed Interesting Times... :wtg:

MS9 -

One of the things I love most about you is your unconditional ability to give people the benefit of the doubt. I really do admire that about you...

However...

MA has and, in my estimation, will always defer to the money... If 20K or so active players are affected negatively, well, you gotta break some eggs to make an omelet...

Noted and respected my friend, and I appreciate your comment very much. Perhaps it's a 2nd step mentality to think of possibilities that we are not privey to at the moment, and rather than "speculate" and "assume" what MA's intentions are, I would rather them show me so that I can make a more informed opinion.

Like any business (mine included IRL), we all want to profit, but where some differ in this process is increasing revenue at not only the expense of the individuals who partake in the services, but the quality of the product or services involved. I'm hoping that MA won't foresake the very foundation that EU was built upon, and in this expansion and going forward, that they bring it all in alignment and listen to what this community is crying out for ... this is my true hope.

I don't see the connection with our Entropia Universe. For me at least, is quite clear that is about a completely different project, not the continuation of what we're playing. I got it wrong?

Hold your enthusiasm on this

The new project

I don't see the connection with our Entropia Universe. For me at least, is quite clear that is about a completely different project, not the continuation of what we're playing. I got it wrong?

I think it remains to be seen... perhaps this universe will not be folded in to the larger whole... perhaps it will and Calypso will become a backwater planet offering tours of ghost towns....

Seems unclear to me. I'd like a clarification from MA.

"The heart of Entropia Universe today lies in a distant planet named Calypso, encompassing two continents with large expanding cities that offer a variety of entertainment and social interaction for its citizens. The cooperation agreement with China will generate hundreds of new planets and open up space for travel between the planets. "

So...these will be other planets? Now...will they just be clones of Calypso, or new worlds?

I hereby declare my willingness to enlist in the Calypsan Imperial Army. We will launch for the Chinese planet and conquer it with our superior weaponry, armor, and skills;)

Oh...c'mon! Like you're not thinking the same thing!

If MA is smart, they'll make the turrets target people from OTHER planets.

Don't blow this, MA! So much potential has been lost in the past. Give us new planets with, of course, new creatures, landscapes, and minerals. Use the income to improve your pilot-planet and the overall code. Here's hoping...

I still cannot believe that the Chinese planet would be reachable by ship, but...who knows.

"Entropia Universe, the safest virtual world utilizing a real cash economy.."
Did you catch that slap on SL? ;) MA was competing with them for this contract, and I'm sure safety and security was an issue. Does SL have goldcards? That was one of MA's best moves...

The project with China is new. MA is making a version of PE for themT the connection to our own planet is a tenuous mention of interstellar travel between different planets. Bookmark that statement so we can bring it back up in 5 years and laugh...;)

True, but it then says 'will bring an outside virtual world into China for the very first time.' and 'The new project will permit up to 7 million concurrent users logged into the virtual universe with an overall aim to attract some 150 million users from all over the world.'

:laugh: seems i selectivly read the second paragraph :ahh:

anywho, the article doesnt describe any EU i'm familiar with. you know of anyone with a qualified job in EU? anyone who does RL business in EU? seen any companies buying up real estate. as someone said, sound more like another plaice. this is either completly seperate server system or the game/virtual universe is going to utterly change from how it is today. which would you put your money on? which do you want to happen?

I would personally love to see the current EU develop this way, multiple worlds, millions of people actually online. but i expect that scenario is a long way off.

Last edited:
Quick reply, as things are very busy here right now.

The Chinese planets will be in the same space as Calypso and future planets added, meaning you will be able to travel between all planets. Entropia is intended to be one entity, not shards. This is very important for us.

Quick reply, as things are very busy here right now.

The Chinese planets will be in the same space as Calypso and future planets added, meaning you will be able to travel between all planets. Entropia is intended to be one entity, not shards. This is very important for us.

Cool!

Pilot queues turning to passenger queues methinks! ;)

Back