Info: EU Account Hacking / Social Engineering attempt at YouTube

Status
ROFL, anyone stupid enough to believe this scam deserves to get hacked :rolleyes:.
Too funny! :laugh:

While i wrote this post i already had that reply in mind, literally :laugh:

Wtf does some people insist that stupid people deserves to be robbed/cheated/scammed etc? :mad:

That's so lame. :rolleyes:

Following your logic, weak people deserves to be beaten up too?

Wtf does some people insist that stupid people deserves to be robbed/cheated/scammed etc? :mad:

Thats how it work since there is life in that world , ask Darwin...I often wonder if in all the medice progress , some are not worse in the end than the problem they suposed solve...I am not to beat all the weaker around , but should we always try to save the weak from themselfe?

Anyway , here its not a trap for weak people , its a trap for CHEATER and ABUSER...
The plan is to get free and ped and armor , no ?
So , the smartass that give hiw loguin just hope to stole money or abuse bug to get armor or what ever cheat...
Now if a smartass cheater abuser get his ass pwned by some more clever asshole , should i cry ?

Its not like if the tool was to help player to calculate some item eco , skill or something like that ...

Opposite to how it sometimes seems, MA does care and has an lot of work with hacker and scammer.

MA indeed does lots of work while imo they shouldn't because unless you give out the keys yourself, being hacked is nearly impossible. If your eBank thingy is stolen by a good friend no bank on earth will give you back your money. You'll rather get a bill for a new eBank thingy and a new card. I've worked for years in backoffice where our security was flamed 24/7 and in 99% the cases it were the users themselves who were careless with their data. The security can always be better but as long as one's busy with answering basic questions, one does not have time enough to work on other stuff.

Wek people are by definition mostly smarter so they'll make sure the bullies get detention while they play outside in peace (or pieces if they weak and dumb). :D

ROFL, anyone stupid enough to believe this scam deserves to get hacked :rolleyes:.

Thats how it work since there is life in that world , ask Darwin...
Yes, that's how it worked, until mankind became (somewhat) civilized, and evolved ethics and morale, and invented laws etc.

I know I make a lousy anarchist, but I'd like to keep all those things we achieved so far.

Anyway , here its not a trap for weak people , its a trap for CHEATER and ABUSER...
The plan is to get free and ped and armor , no ?
So , the smartass that give hiw loguin just hope to stole money or abuse bug to get armor or what ever cheat...
Now if a smartass cheater abuser get his ass pwned by some more clever asshole , should i cry ?

Its not like if the tool was to help player to calculate some item eco , skill or something like that ...
True... The targets were probably mostly cheaters, or people who didn't know what they were doing.

But is stealing from a potential thief ok?
Is stealing even from a confirmed thief ok?
I think not.

True... The targets were probably mostly cheaters, or people who didn't know what they were doing.

I think not.

2 wrong dont make 1 right , i agrea...
I dont say that stealing from thief is fine... i condane the one who make that youtube things...

But , dont hope that i pity the ass who was hoping to get free ped from some abuse system...They just decerve what happened to them.

Again , i would pity and feel for them , if the youtube was about a system to help player , something "normal" ... but its about cheat and abuse system ... why should i cry ?

I think not.

An additional point is of course that the person is being scammed because he is trying to steal. That makes a pretty huge difference the perception of justice.

2 wrong dont make 1 right , i agrea...
I dont say that stealing from thief is fine... i condane the one who make that youtube things...

But , dont hope that i pity the ass who was hoping to get free ped from some abuse system...They just decerve what happened to them.

Again , i would pity and feel for them , if the youtube was about a system to help player , something "normal" ... but its about cheat and abuse system ... why should i cry ?
Hmm... Yeah.
I think we can agree that it's harder to get worked up about, when the 'victims' are scum.

But I still hate that comment: "...so stupid he deserved to be cheated..."

I wouldnt be suprised if this turdbag have registered with the very same mail, so I sent a support. Hoping MA will check it out, who knows -maybe it leads somewhere.

Flagged it.

me to like a week ago when i found this off mcormicks joke hack video

MA indeed does lots of work while imo they shouldn't because unless you give out the keys yourself, being hacked is nearly impossible. If your eBank thingy is stolen by a good friend no bank on earth will give you back your money. You'll rather get a bill for a new eBank thingy and a new card. I've worked for years in backoffice where our security was flamed 24/7 and in 99% the cases it were the users themselves who were careless with their data. The security can always be better but as long as one's busy with answering basic questions, one does not have time enough to work on other stuff.

Might be you didn't read the whole paragraph where you quoted this one sentence from, might be i worded it bad, so i try again.

Banks, or in our case MA, spend an lot of money to investigate such incidents. If it turns out it is not in their responsibility they still investigate it. They don't do that so much to seek "justice" or to help that individual victim, they are not the authorities after all.

The main motivation for an private owned company is to make it not worthwhile to be an target of scam / hack. They do that in their very own interest and thus also in the interest of their customers.

Setting up an scam is fairly easy, but if the criminal can't get the "fruits" of his "work" in the end, he will focus on something else in the future (hopefully honest work if beeing criminal turns out to be not so easy at all :laugh:).

Ok, to say it plain and simple:

MA's primary duty, in case of an scam or hack is to prevent the thief to get away with the money (withdraw it)! Compensate the victim, well thats an whole other story.

Avatar lost stuff and the thief got away with it, really bad, because he will try it again.

And criminals communicate, every case where one get's away with the booty attracts few others.

So you say MA should not spend time and money on investigating scams /hack? You worked in banking security? You should know better, it is part of prevention.

Actually MA's seems do to very good work in that matter as far as i can see it, maybe they should communicate it an bit more though.

Leona D.

Last edited:
You should know better, it is part of prevention.

If there isn't any consequence ... what is the use of prevention ?
'Cuz now there is prevention and even then most people don't bother to pay attention. How far can you go treating customers like little kids. Send a delegate with each trade over 1k? :scratch2::laugh:

Good job Leona, nice attitude...:)

Thats how it work since there is life in that world , ask Darwin...

What's this? some sort of scam? I tried repeatedly to ask the guy and he wouldn't reply...Do you maybe know his email adress? Hoping to answer my mail...:D

If there isn't any consequence ... what is the use of prevention ?
'Cuz now there is prevention and even then most people don't bother to pay attention. How far can you go treating customers like little kids. Send a delegate with each trade over 1k? :scratch2::laugh:

You seem to mix arguments.

Prevention i mentioned in the context of MA not let the thief withdraw the money, thats what they basically do. It prevents further attempts from the criminal to try it again, cause he learns he doesn't get the value of his booties withdrawn. That has so far nothing to do with educating the potential victims.

About treating customers like kids and consequences for the "silly" victims. I got your point here, you say they have to suffer to learn. Fine, ok. Even if i would agree, what does that have to do with this thread, or EU? An scam victim suffers anyway, or do you see MA giving the gear, skills, ped back in an case of "normal" scam / hack.
And certainly not in this case here! As the potential victim would be an kind of scammer himself. I heavily doubt he would get any help from MA :laugh:.

just wanted to +rep for this post. i totaly agree with what you said about EU players, as a comunity, we should all be on the look out for these kinda of "out side game" scams.

this kinda crap really gets me mad, and i hate to think that the game could be getting a neg rep from this stupid people wanting to scam a few peds from the noobs.

thx once again for showing there ar good people playing in the Universe :D

gl to ya Leona :wtg:

i condane the one who make that youtube things..

You do? :scratch2: like in condone? like you mean it is ok?

Funny like half of the thread goes in an odd direction.
I don't see an single post here that asks for pity in this certain case! :laugh:

Someone who tried to gain advantage from this "tool", well ok let's say it, is:

A) an potential scammer himself
B) stupid and or maybe uneducated
C) B) + hasn't realized that this is not like an "trainersoftware" / cheat for any offlinegame. (young person maybe)

D) an mix of all :laugh:

The point was, there is an attitute on the forum, in other scam cases, to blaim the victim for an scam and that he deserves it for being stupid.

I think no one really cares about the losses of someone who deliberately used this software. And for sure there is no river of tears running from my eyes :)

My main point was though, any case of scam / hack / criminal activity in EU affects us all. I think i explained some reasons why in the other post.

If there is an lot of burglary in your neighborhood, does it effect you? Guess it does in several ways (i. e. the value of your real estate), even when the victim (let's say an criminal himself) "deserved" it.

+Rep for the thread.

The idea of some one being stupid enough to scam so they deserve it is nonsense. This is the same theory big business, banks and the politicians take....you believe the lies you deserve it.

My 1000 post :yay:

You do? :scratch2: like in condone? like you mean it is ok?

Funny like half of the thread goes in an odd direction.
I don't see an single post here that asks for pity in this certain case!
:laugh:

i was replying to this post :

never hurts to point this issues out - they're not going away by any means :)

Makes me glad I got my free Gold Card :yay:

yes, we're all glad that you see the value of added security, but see it as not valuable enough to purchase said security with your own money :rolleyes:

yes, we're all glad that you see the value of added security, but see it as not valuable enough to purchase said security with your own money :rolleyes:
Nice :rolleyes:

EDIT: when MindArk started the free Gold Card drive, it prompted me to increase my deposits until I hit 5000 PED. Until that point I had not deposited very much (~$40 USD -- which I now know is no excuse not to protect yourself. However, up until that point, I was just testing the waters to see if this was a good long-term place for me).

Last edited:
Another hack type?

I know this is an old thread, but seemed the most appropriate to post in. I been skimming through this thread looking for reasons why my EU account was hacked.
Last December 2010 we had a majour patch DL and soon after I tried to log into my account my password was changed.
Reset my Password and logged in to find around 1.5K peds missing and my best armour, and my evade skill removed and around 500 ped worth of loot.
Immediately I contacted support and they replied that I had a trojan on my system and that my account was hacked.
So I was informed to run a virus scan and remove the infection and that the items lost would not be returned, which "if" it was a hack I would have accepted, but I was also told that the Peds would be tracked down and returned.
After checking my system close to 15 times with 15 different scanners nothing came back, so lead me to believe there was nothing on my computer.
Immediately I called my CC providers cause I do alot of online stuff using CC, and told me everything was ok.
So I contacted MA again...and again....and again...each time with same story..almost like a copy paste response, "items will not be returned ped is being tracked and will be returned"
this went on for prolly a month+ till I finally closed the ticket thinking they'll find the peds and return them...Months later..no ped...so I send another support asking how the progress was coming on the missing peds..my response..no further attempts will be made to return the missing items ticket closed.
After thinking and thinking I came up with a theory as to what happened....
The account in question Avatar name was Wondering Lost Noob, my wifes old account, after I chipped out Trio Pizza Pizza's account I transferred 10K+ peds to Noobs account to start over..fresh. With those peds I was able to get what I needed and play without depositing for around a year"before the hack". I was doin really well numerous HoF's and globals and at the pace I would not have needed to depo...for unknown time. Then amazingly my account gets hacked drained of KEY skills peds and some loot, yet more expensive items remain, several sets of armour untouched, prolly about 3K worth of skills untouched, and 200 ped worth of loot untouched.
Before I go to far I will say this..I played EU for close to 6 years, deposited about 10K+dollars, and was active part of the community..so before anyone thinks I am bashing MA I am not, and would back them in any situation up to this point.
If you had a player that was adding peds monthly to your game in excess of $400.00 to $500 then its stops, and he is playing and winning for free....what would your easiest way to make them go away ?
And after I had done a bit of investigating, I came to find out my aacount was not the only one that was MAGICALLY hacked on and around the EXACT same date..and amazingly the ones I talked to tell almost identical story to my own.

So Hack or No.......I think there is alot of account management behind the scenes we do not see.

Appologize for the long LONG post and to any of my EU friends I haven't chatted with in ages I say "hello" :)
But after 6 years and all my trust in EU and my account basically destroyed I bid it farewell...however I will not let this go and things will get answered

Cheers
Trio Pizza Pizza
Aka Wandering Lost noob

Trio, i am sorry to hear your story, but i am still going to -rep you for implying that MindArk took away stuff from you to make you "deposit again".

It is a very serious accusation and a silly one on top considering MindArk controls the loot system. You really think MindArk gives you good loot and HOF's just to steal stuff off your inventory later?

I think you might have lacked responsibility when it comes to RL data of your avatars, your computer security and most likely you had no gold card. Now at least be responsible enough to not spread stupid rumors.

I know several cases of EU account hacks, always sucked for the player and all his friends. In all cases it turned out sooner or later what was the weak point / mistake.

I know several cases of EU account hacks, always sucked for the player and all his friends. In all cases it turned out sooner or later what was the weak point / mistake.

:D

Yeah, just like the good old "MA stole my appartment" thread.

Dude, where's my hat?!?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Easy to blame MA, but seriously, everyone accusing MA in the past had to admit that there is NO evidence whatsoever, actually, it was a bunch of different reasons (gave away password deliberately, playing drunk, yada yada... )

And you don't have a gold card because....:scratch2:

I do have a Gold Card on trios account
I do not have a gold card on Noobs account MA wouldn't let me use it for that account.

What I can't understand is simply...if you have access to someones computer that plays in around 4 onlines games that have real money or real money being depo'd constantly...why target only one...and why just after a patch in the game..would it be due to security issues possibly while the servers were down? I know you guys think yeah he's an idiot blah blah blah... and maybe I am...but I been in to many online games prolly b4 most reading this were old enuff to know what a computer was :) and NOT once have I ever been hacked. Also had Trios account for prolly around 2 years maybe 3 before I even had a gold card..only reason I ever got it was when they offered it free to anyone depoing over 5K or 500 Peds...whatever it was...was too long ago.

As I said I am not pointing a finger..but just seems weird that having an account that was in use for 2-3 years with no security never gets touched. then swap over and use an account for under a year and it gets nailed..and unless the person knew me personally why would they hit an account that was used maybe 1 time a month and had no large sums of value...while Trio had min 10K peds a time on him and that was b4 the gold card..

All I want is to make sense of wtf happened and why after 6 years MA just abandoned me not even making an effort to help.
Almost like going to your bank and finding 200 bucks missing and them telling ya sorry ya shoulda kept it your pocket.

PS I remember about the apartment "hack" and the missing hat by the way ...believe if ya search that thread you'll see I posted to it...so b4 ya try to embarass me or make me look stupid with a smartass comment like that, I was there, I know about it and yes it was a glitch and the player freaked out..this is not the same :)

Cheers Trio

Last edited:
I do have a Gold Card on trios account
I do not have a gold card on Noobs account MA wouldn't let me use it for that account.

Multiple accounts, one apparently registered under a fake address...
This is going to be interesting.
:popcorn:

So MA hadn't scammed the likes of Pham, who withdrew in excess of 100,000$, or Dekel, where is already hard to count the profit, or to Squal to just make an extremely short list, they found you. I don't believe your story for 1 second, something is missing.

And lol? @ "I do not have a gold card on Noobs account MA wouldn't let me use it for that account."

Status
Back