Votes: 109 47.2%
  • It's better

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • No difference

Votes: 69 29.9%
  • What's an Atrox?

Votes: 43 18.6%

• Total voters
Sold it when the footguards were introduced, and bought Evade and HP instead. It worked too, until now! :laugh: :laugh:

Hahaha omg that made me crack a smile. Im sorry dude, its not meant to be an ass... it was just the sweet irony of it.

Well, maybe up to a point. But if my experience is factual and not just perception, than it would be very unreasonable to have to deal with such huge changes. What is the point in setting goals and striving to achieve them if the world is completely different tomorrow, and you won't be able to hunt Fugabarba's except in team?

This part desperately needs some explaining.

Simply because you set the wrong goals. Your goal should not be to kill the biggest atrox. But to do it better than everyone else on the one you can.

I used to hunt ambu stalkers solo with no problem. Now I can't. But I love it. None of the hunters of my level can, so is fair. If I skill harder than them, I will be able to kill them sooner than they can. Or I may never if they keep changing, but for sure I will hunt better bigger mobs than people I was at the same level last month. Simply because I grow and they use soc chat. Soc chat gives no skills.

The competition in EU is never with the mobs and how hard is to kill one mob is irrelevant. The competition is with your self, and it mainly consist in evaluating right your current situation in comparative to the rest of te people. Is like a huge game of chess where you need to know exactly your strength, but it won't do you any good if you have no clue of your opponent power. A great chess master said that if you don't understand the meaning of forces in a chess position, you should not move. I don't remember exact words or who said it... but the point is that you must always know who you are. If you don't, you pay for it. And you are not the same every day.

Any change in EU affects all people in the same way. For this reason, most balancing measures are fair, even if people who compare the situation with what used to be don't like them.

Stop living in past. What it used to be, it is no more.

Simply because you set the wrong goals.
What you deliberately keep ignoring is that setting goals is becoming ridiculous, if not impossible, if MA keeps changing the goalposts.
If I go the rig to hunt (like I have done at least once a week for the last year), thinking I'm capable of killing every mob there except a stalker, then my goal is to skill, hunt, and have fun. That goal was the right one, because it was achieved almost every time.

Now I have to bring the rest of my soc, because I MIGHT run into Chirpy and need fapping. There was nothing wrong with my goal until MA decided to change the HA on mobs.

Your goal should not be to kill the biggest atrox. But to do it better than everyone else on the one you can.
But oh Master, is it really up to you to decide what MY goal should be? :rolleyes:

I used to hunt ambu stalkers solo with no problem. Now I can't. But I love it.
I believe you. But I think you'll find you're a minority. Most hunters like to progress to bigger heavier mobs like they've been doing since the day they got here. Not revert back to noobier mobs.

Stop living in past. What it used to be, it is no more.
Yes Master. I will try Master. :laugh:

I'm not sure is all i can say ... i hunt trox on a daily basis and one day a dom hits me 1-3 times the other day a young gets 5 hits on me until dead so i'd say it is like loot and changes in waves ... just my subjective impression ;)
On the other hand i have much more evade now but still get hits at about the same rate as 6 month before ... can be plain bad luck, coincidence or whatever though

Last edited:
It would seem from the responses we have come accustomed with Mindark changing the rules of the game.. oww it isn't a game. We easily adapt and agree to all the sh1t Mindark shoves through our throats

It is not right that rules keep changing!

For me it all started with the axe 1x0 nerf. I am still not over that. I am still trying to cope with the amp nerf as well. The skill nerf is becoming an issue soon once i hit 5k handgun.
Then there's the swimming nerf, since then it's quite boring to accompany noobs in tp quests. The first evade nerf a year back was the sh1t as well, and now we got slower running speed, higher mob regen, armour 2 pec nerf, the auction fee nerf, and faster attacking mobs... and now a second evade nerf???? enough is enough.

me waits for the 15 ped revival fee nerf.

It is pretty much common knowledge that the game will always be changing. This is something openly admitted by MA. It will likely even be necacery for the game to survive. So if you do not like a game where the rules constantly change, EU is simply not a game suited for you. It is the one constant factor in EU: changes.

It is pretty much common knowledge that the game will always be changing. This is something openly admitted by MA. It will likely even be necacery for the game to survive. So if you do not like a game where the rules constantly change, EU is simply not a game suited for you. It is the one constant factor in EU: changes.

Yup, pretty much adapt or die.

But oh Master, is it really up to you to decide what MY goal should be? :rolleyes:

No, is not for me. Each must choose its own goals in life. But with a choice, consequences will come. When you make a choice, you need to be aware of what will be next.

In life, like in EU, at each moment we need to make choices. We can't have it all most of the time. And to make the right choice we need to be aware of who we are and what we can really do.

If your goal is to kill the top mobs in EU, then is easy. Be a top player. Don't cry that with noob skills and gear you can't kill big mobs. They use to be smaller... I know. But it was unnatural. The mistake was when all noobs could kill a big trox, not now when noobs are put back in their place. Now is normal and healthy.
If those mobs would hit you harder and would deal half damage to the rest of us, you would have a reason to cry. Now you simply don't.

And when starting such a thread, you are not honest. At this point it is progression in EU. At this point there are items for most levels of players. At this time there are mobs for all level of players.

A cancer in EU was Opalo+amp. This is gone and is good it is. L options are great and allow for simple and cheap avatar evolution. Another thing bad in EU was that all mobs can be killed bi any players at any level. Ambu/allo/esto/ara made the first step in setting player on different levels of play. The next step was CH increased for stronger mobs. And is normal. Stronger mobs for stronger players.

I hope this trend continue and some mobs will be made harder and harder. Same with crafting and mining.

Is a problem atm that any noob with low end finder can find gold or dunkel. If is rare, let it be posible to find only at high skill level. And high skill level is not 1k prospecting...

In crafting someone with 50 pro standing can craft any item. That is insane and unfair. And when that will change, noobs with level 40 pro standing in crafting will cry that they can't craft the items they used to. Get real. This needs serious balancing. Be aware that you are at a level and is a great chance that you can do now what you can. Is not normal and in future, if you don't skill up, you will sink. Is just expected...

I am level 79 hit and 76 dmg. I am a noob, even tho many think this is impressive. I know is low and my expectations are reasonable. Until you have uber maxed gear AND level 85+ evader you are a noob.

MA and EU appear to be similar to companies like shell and BP

They say they have to increase the prices due to raw material prices etc (crysis engine in ma's case), but then in april (end of fiscal year for most in UK) they release record profits !!

Dedicated as we all are, like a sponge, you can only squeeze so much.

imagine trying to play poker where one day, a pair beats a royal flush

Damage, defense, hitrate and so on and so on will always be nerfed.
As the playerbase get more skilled the nerfs follow that progress.
I've seen way more skillgains, that's good, but value per gain is worse it seem,
so in the end, progress is actually slower. :(

I can't help but notice that again you ignore the the argument. What about the goalposts when setting goals?

No, is not for me. Each must choose its own goals in life. But with a choice, consequences will come. When you make a choice, you need to be aware of what will be next.
Please dispense with the fortune cookie wisdom. It's getting old at a phenomenal rate.

If your goal is to kill the top mobs in EU, then is easy. Be a top player. Don't cry that with noob skills and gear you can't kill big mobs. They use to be smaller... I know. But it was unnatural.
Ok, let's just assume this silly argument were true. Where does it stop? When does it become natural then?

The mistake was when all noobs could kill a big trox, not now when noobs are put back in their place. Now is normal and healthy.
So what IS a noob supposed to kill? Think hard before you answer, you wouldn't want to keep changing it.

If those mobs would hit you harder and would deal half damage to the rest of us, you would have a reason to cry. Now you simply don't.
And shut up about the crying already. No one here is doing anything but debating in a normal tone.

And when starting such a thread, you are not honest.
Now you're accusing me of dishonesty. That's rich coming from a shake-and-bake guru.

I am level 79 hit and 76 dmg. I am a noob, even tho many think this is impressive.
You're so modest. I am level 56 hit, and I'm no noob. I wonder how that works?

Until you have uber maxed gear AND level 85+ evader you are a noob.
I guess you and I have different definitions of the term noob. :rolleyes:

MA and EU appear to be similar to companies like shell and BP

They say they have to increase the prices due to raw material prices etc (crysis engine in ma's case), but then in april (end of fiscal year for most in UK) they release record profits !!

Dedicated as we all are, like a sponge, you can only squeeze so much.

imagine trying to play poker where one day, a pair beats a royal flush

You have total power over your own expenses. What I have noticed over the past years is that more and more people hunt bigger and bigger mobs. That is their own choise. Ofcourse, with bigger mobs, there is more money at stake, so you can also lose more. You can blame MA that people want to spend more, but MA just offers the service to do it, nothing more. You are free to hunt small mobs where you hardly lose anything.

In crafting someone with 50 pro standing can craft any item. That is insane and unfair. And when that will change, noobs with level 40 pro standing in crafting will cry that they can't craft the items they used to.

:) one small correction: prostanding 40 in crafting means >>>>>>>> prostanding 40 in hunting.

If in your post you'd replace "50" with "25", you'd be more close to truth.

Other than that, you know I agree.

You have total power over your own expenses. What I have noticed over the past years is that more and more people hunt bigger and bigger mobs. That is their own choise. Ofcourse, with bigger mobs, there is more money at stake, so you can also lose more. You can blame MA that people want to spend more, but MA just offers the service to do it, nothing more. You are free to hunt small mobs where you hardly lose anything.

Ever notist that lower mobs give more "no loot" if your climbing in skills ?
Ever notist that lower mobs give lesser skill gains then bigger ones ?
Ever notist that u u spend the same amount of ammo that the return loot from lower mobs is almost the same as hunting bigger ones?
(i am talking about return loot not overal profit/loss where u count your decay on armor and fap)
Ever notist that lower mobs give a slightly smaller change on a good HoF?
Ever notist that smaller mobs don't give a ATH?

So i am convicted to hunt smaller mobs, with less change on a good skill gain and return loot.....................

Vew years ago i deposit 30 euro and could hunt every night, and with some luck I didn't spend it all.
These days I am lucky to hunt 5 or 6 hunts and I am broke.

In my opinion the game cost me more and more money.

But this isn't whining, but my opinion.
If my depo is gone, I just go further with other things (games, hobby's etc.)
I must accept it that MA makes things more expensive, wich means lesser play for me.

greetings,

bigdeal

Ever notist that lower mobs give more "no loot" if your climbing in skills ?

Nope, and there isnt any statistical evidence for this. Just that people "experience" this. I do just fine when I hunt small mobs (at about level 50)

Ever notist that lower mobs give lesser skill gains then bigger ones ?

Untrue. Small mobs give more skill in the same timeframe than big mobs.

Ever notist that u u spend the same amount of ammo that the return loot from lower mobs is almost the same as hunting bigger ones?
(i am talking about return loot not overal profit/loss where u count your decay on armor and fap)

The difference is that you use a lot less ammo in a certain timeframe so you lose less and thus the game is less expensive. That is my point in the first place.

Ever notist that lower mobs give a slightly smaller change on a good HoF?
Ever notist that smaller mobs don't give a ATH?

So the reason people hunt big mobs is because they want big hofs. Big stakes means also larger chance on loss.

So i am convicted to hunt smaller mobs, with less change on a good skill gain and return loot.....................

So you want to have the chance on big HOFs but dont want to take the risk... dont we all. Who is gonna pay for this?

Vew years ago i deposit 30 euro and could hunt every night, and with some luck I didn't spend it all.
These days I am lucky to hunt 5 or 6 hunts and I am broke.

In my opinion the game cost me more and more money.

But this isn't whining, but my opinion.
If my depo is gone, I just go further with other things (games, hobby's etc.)
I must accept it that MA makes things more expensive, wich means lesser play for me.

greetings,

bigdeal

I stopped depositing over 2 years ago, because back then IMO the game was way too expensive. I choose to burn up everything I had and quit the game after that. Later on I discovered it was just my playstyle that made me loose so much. In the meanwhile I turned the 9PED I had left on my PED card back then in >40k profit (considdering all my items and skills).

So believe what you want, I simply know its not true, as I been there done that, and beated it.

You have total power over your own expenses. What I have noticed over the past years is that more and more people hunt bigger and bigger mobs. That is their own choise. Ofcourse, with bigger mobs, there is more money at stake, so you can also lose more.
This is true, certainly for me. I don't complain when I lose. Well, I don't complain much. :D My money always runs out before the month does, and I don't mind.

You can blame MA that people want to spend more, but MA just offers the service to do it, nothing more. You are free to hunt small mobs where you hardly lose anything.
Again, I agree. If I hunt small troxes or argo's my money lasts a lot longer. I also have less fun, it's called grinding for a reason, but that is still my choice.

My beef with MA is over the fact that (in my perception of course) I am slowly being 'demoted' as it were to mobs that I used to grind on, but are now a real challenge. So instead of mobs becoming easier for me as I grow in skills, they become harder! This is insane. If I want to hunt a harder mob, I will find high maturity hoggs, or trox, or whatever. I just can't think of a reason why Ambu's are now promoted to Hogglo-class mobs where I used to be able to kill them up to Domi not even wearing armor.

MA is burning the candle on both ends now. Skilling is nerfed, and now mobs are becoming harder to kill with the same skills. In effect, players are degenerating, reverting back to noobhood.

Maybe BlackHawk was right about the noob part after all. :laugh:

Well one way to look at it is that mobs that were formerly some of the most fierce and difficult to take down are being adjusted back to some of their former status. Take ambus, for example (because dbelinfante did). Perhaps MA wants mobs capable of dropping uber items (adj FAP) to be difficult again. Umbras dropped what, imp FAP at some point? Obviously they weren't difficult enough in the last couple years to drop anything good, but if they are souped up enough, they could be the formidable foes you'd expect from semi-literate hominids and drop something cool again instead of bleachers and whatnot.

Just one possibility that may or may not be the case. :D

Well one way to look at it is that mobs that were formerly some of the most fierce and difficult to take down are being adjusted back to some of their former status. Take ambus, for example (because dbelinfante did). Perhaps MA wants mobs capable of dropping uber items (adj FAP) to be difficult again. Umbras dropped what, imp FAP at some point? Obviously they weren't difficult enough in the last couple years to drop anything good, but if they are souped up enough, they could be the formidable foes you'd expect from semi-literate hominids and drop something cool again instead of bleachers and whatnot.

Just one possibility that may or may not be the case. :D
I appreciate your input. But if that was the reason why not just decrease the droprate of rare items :)laugh:), or change the mobs that drop rare items (ie tougher mobs)?
You could well be right (I even think this was suggested before somewhere), but if this is the reason, I don't think it was a clever way to go about dropping rare items. Because a lot of former Ambu hunters will now just hunt something less hard and costly.

I will not quote, because is getting to long.

@ dbelinfante:
I am not accusing you of being dishonest. It was not my intention, but I notice that you have a lawyer way of referring to the truth. Focus only on that part that you like to strengthen you argument and ignore the part where you come short of reasons. I am saying you are as honest as a lawyer needs to be when defending its cause and the judge and jury have no field knowledge and need to relies on facts as presented. Half truth and no lies can make a strong case...

What a noob shooed hunt? It all depends on its level. And its goals. If its goals are to hit a hammer in its balls to prove it is a man, then he should not complain he is passing out in the process... Is just expected.

Looking at EU only from player point of view, will stop you from understanding and accepting the reasons for those changes. What would you do if you would be MA? I know many of the things they did I would have done if I would have had an adviser to suggest them. For EU is not important the relation a player has with one mob or another. But the relation a player has with the rest of the players. If all players are mid players is a huge problem... Things need to be done to make a difference, without affecting the efficiency of gear, strength of your skills... All those comparing with the rest of the players. Not with one mob you used to kill.

If tomorrow Cornudacuda will deal 200 HP damage and will have 1500 HP, it will have no effect on you, other that it will be to hard for you. Bbut you can always find what is meant to be for your level at this point in EU. And that in itself is a challenge, because most people never manage to see their place.

@Kerham
Is not important how hard it is for one to reach a level in crafting, coloring, or any other profession. Comparing professions is also pointless, and is normal to thing 50 pro levels in crafting is more than what is in combat professions. But this is not the subject here. The point is that most players crafting are at level 50, then the system needs to be adjusted. Now there are not so many crafters out there, mainly because AC are banned and people don't want to risk an account. And that is stupid, because is common knowledge that all crafter use them and it should be a feature. I know I would craft when I am not hunting. And that would only be good for EU because is more activity. I don't do it that much because I don't want to risk my account and clicking has its patience limits...

I appreciate your input. But if that was the reason why not just decrease the droprate of rare items :)laugh:), or change the mobs that drop rare items (ie tougher mobs)?
You could well be right (I even think this was suggested before somewhere), but if this is the reason, I don't think it was a clever way to go about dropping rare items. Because a lot of former Ambu hunters will now just hunt something less hard and costly.

I disagree... why not up the mob hp etc., and INCREASE the drop rate of 'rare' items?

.. that damn ambu tok me down 30 times before I finally killled it, but it dropped an adj-fap....

rather than

...I killed 8000 ambu's and not a single f'n adj-fap...

Adj/imp/mod/good items are only good because they are rare. Let them be rare.

I'm gonna call bullshit on this one..

They are good items because they are GOOD.

Ever get fapped by a mod fap?

If I had one in my hands, you could bet I wouldn't sell it, not because I'm waiting for inflation to make some money, but because the damn thing is excellent for healing...

Yep. Their phenomenal heal rate/economy, kill speed/economy has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:
If all the carbines were Mod 117's, and there were only 4 Mk2's, everyone would want the Justy, right? RIGHT? :handjob:

I think its time to put that thread in 'humour' section... there is to much joke and BS write in it to keep it in a serious section ...

well, i recently chipped my evade, one day i seem to get hit more and another day i seems to get hit less... on average, i guess it hasn't changed much...:scratch2:

I will not quote, because is getting to long.

@ dbelinfante:
I am not accusing you of being dishonest.
You were, but if you say otherwise, ok.

It was not my intention, but I notice that you have a lawyer way of referring to the truth. Focus only on that part that you like to strengthen you argument and ignore the part where you come short of reasons. I am saying you are as honest as a lawyer needs to be when defending its cause and the judge and jury have no field knowledge and need to relies on facts as presented. Half truth and no lies can make a strong case...
Ok, so you're accusing me of using half truths and 'no lies'. I guess that's an improvement?

What a noob shooed hunt? It all depends on its level. And its goals. If its goals are to hit a hammer in its balls to prove it is a man, then he should not complain he is passing out in the process... Is just expected.
Agreed. Yesterday I could kill an AOA, and gained skills doing it.
Today I have trouble killing a Domi. That is not fair or reasonable by any standard.
Why don't you respond to the arguments? Even once?

Looking at EU only from player point of view, will stop you from understanding and accepting the reasons for those changes.
Apparently it's different for you, but: I AM a player.

What would you do if you would be MA? I know many of the things they did I would have done if I would have had an adviser to suggest them. For EU is not important the relation a player has with one mob or another. But the relation a player has with the rest of the players. If all players are mid players is a huge problem... Things need to be done to make a difference, without affecting the efficiency of gear, strength of your skills...
And that is EXACTLY what they are doing. I am effectively becoming a weaker player. Not even maintaining current levels (while gaining skills!!), no, getting weaker.

If tomorrow Cornudacuda will deal 200 HP damage and will have 1500 HP, it will have no effect on you, other that it will be to hard for you.
No effect other than that huh? :laugh: So where I used to be able to kill 1000 on an average run, now I can kill 20, and die 30x in the process. But other than that, no effect. Ok, fair enough.

Bbut you can always find what is meant to be for your level at this point in EU. And that in itself is a challenge, because most people never manage to see their place.
True. Of course the Cornundacauda is a hypothetical example (well, one can hope :eek:), but in that case, I would be forced to buy Supremacy and hunt Gibnibs instead. :laugh:

Back