• What's an Atrox?

Votes: 43 18.6%

• Total voters

dbelinfante

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Sage
I know this subject came up earlier this week, but today I went trox hunting near the rig, and the hitrate of troxes on me was just appalling. It was also consistent.

As I said before, half a year ago I was able to kill AOA's without dying, wearing Ghost+5b, using an ML-35.
Now I am hardpressed to kill it wearing Boar+5b, using an ML-35 ME/Geotrek Apis. In that time, I have unlocked Avoidance, I'm close to level 34 Evader, and I've gained at least 10 HP (162 now).

An Alpha hit me 6x in a row, 4 hits of which were over 40 damage. This was not a fluke, I have to fap to stay alive against Dominants. Troxes' hitrate are now approaching that of Hogglo's!
And it's not just trox. Armaxes too really hurt, even providers do so much dmg sometimes that I need to fap. Not too long ago, I could stand still and wait a whole minute before it hit me at all!

So here's the question: Is it just me, or do other people notice it too?

:scratch2: I seem to be a small target , only getting better for me

Well I have`nt hunted much this vu but I was wondering if running speed was nerfed again recently. I felt I was running slower after one of these last patches.

Haven't noticed any change tbh. Boar only has a handful of extra protection points over Ghost on trox.

I haven't really hunted trox in 2008, although I did kill an Alpha in Gremlin+5D earlier today without too much trouble. The AoAs have always been a battle for me, even when I was using Jag+5B (they only very rarely killed me without crits, but lots of fapping).

I've never really hunted armax enough to comment on them to be honest.

I noticed a difference today with some armax bull domi's
Lot's more damage than usual.
Maybe just a spike:scratch2:

personally I think so, maffoid for example hit me alot more than they used to

but memory can play tricks on you, without solid numbers its impossible to know

I was having a hard time on CP too, they just kept hitting max dmg all over, more fap decay than armor :scratch2:

i dunno but it has started to piss me off.. been hunting with my bro vs ambus and those ambus just dont seem to miss for my lvl15 evade... they miss my bro all the time and hes lvl2 or something on evade atm... im getting hit all the time.. then tried some big gradis and wtf i couldnt kill em without armor at ease.. they hit like every hit... it seems that evade is dropping to other skills lvl too.. less u got better the chances are

It depend on the mobs...
Last VU or the one before , MA said hogglo will hit more often.. but they are not alone , som other "bad" mobs bite a bit more often...
On lower lvl , its "seems" same,the hit rate havent change.

I guess they need to compensate the change of armor decay and domage reduce they did in past.

It depend on the mobs...
Last VU or the one before , MA said hogglo will hit more often.. but they are not alone , som other "bad" mobs bite a bit more often...
On lower lvl , its "seems" same,the hit rate havent change.

I guess they need to compensate the change of armor decay and domage reduce they did in past.

Well nice they un-nerf the dammage, to make it more real; then they make the L armors more durable (but durability was never being included in armor decay comparrison but now suddenly it does) and now all mobs hit more often because the L armors are to cheap, and the smaller hits decay more, and the crits less.

So they also let fast attacking mobs CRIT more often (not hit)

What is this for bullshit? Its like a open beta test still running after 5 years :scratch2:

Now that you finally get better skills (what are nerfed badly to get) they just make the skills also less affective. What kind of policy is that? Did they find out we still skilled to fast? Now we never get uber at all, and just the exisisting ubers have all their CHEAP skills and can sell 1 point in a 50 PED ESI for 8K well Goodjob assholes :mad:

i believe that all the things mentioned have probably happened

It makes sense

just a slight tweak can mean alot in their bottom line

I know they made mobs do more criticals

I guess it makes sense to slowly make the game harder, so people hardly notice
im not sure what running slower would do for their bottom line but some of the other additions definatly are helping MA

what new tweaks will the next update bring?

As i said in the last post, the evade nerf is real. And i did some checking yesterday, far from scientific but from about 10 hours of effective hunting.

Me: lvl32 evader
Friend: lvl10 evader

The mobs tried out were, allos estos ambus kreltin aurli and argo. By looking at how often we got hit, i got hit just as much as my friend on all mobs. You could not tell there was any diffrence between our evader levels at all. And we both died like bitches on cp :D

That leads me to believe, and hope (mainly that), that its a bug. Because it seems like a really weird super heavy nerf.

I have never been able to take the AOA in ghost+8a. (though may have been my hp/evade)

However i *can* tank it in jag/phantom/ghoul+8a
currently 141hp
lvl26 evader
lvl22 paramedic

Used to tank them with about 130 hp/lvl24 evader i think

Still can't take prowler by a long shot though...more hp/fap required.

I can tank an aurli hunter as well :p Though that's usually a 50/50.

ps boar sux

Last edited:
double post pls remove :p

Last edited:
Every day, each mob is a new mob and not the mob you killed yesterday. This is EU. Is like this for all. All you have to do is to take advantage of this. If you can't, you play the wrong game.
The changes are good for balancing EU and putting a perspective to a player and setting goals for players of different levels.

I didn't really notice much difference yesterday on scips or longus or atrax. If you really want to find out, repeat the hogglo test with Black Hawk.

Bulls: durability did do something before, it was just small enough before we had high durability (L) armor to not really notice.

You need an option in the poll "Its Dynamic"
LOL what more can I say....

Every day, each mob is a new mob and not the mob you killed yesterday. This is EU. Is like this for all. All you have to do is to take advantage of this. If you can't, you play the wrong game.
The changes are good for balancing EU and putting a perspective to a player and setting goals for players of different levels.

Uhm? Thats like saying: "World changes fundamental every day, including the laws of nature. Adapt to it or you suck."

A BIT more consistence would be nice for a change.

It seems like dodging/evading success depends on circumstances.

For example:

I stand infront of a Drone 01-03 and all seems normal (dodging fair amount of the attacks), but then two additional ones (same level) come running... Suddenly all 3 hit nearly every time - untill the moment im done killing 2 of them and the last one is instantly back to normal hitrate. Same eg. for smaller Atrox or Feffoids.

So it seems to me that the dodge/evade success rate seems to be a function of the total threat which is thrown toward you - similar to the way armor + plates work, but the other way around (no clue how to describe it better).

Could be pure coincidence too - i have seen days where i could take down atrox dominants without any problems and other days i have to fap quite often.

But i remember that i was able to tank 2* Warrior 05 and 2* Drone 06 simultaneously in unplated vigilante on a regular basis back in '06 - which dosn't seem to be possible for a single one of these anymore.

Tussi

It's probably true that the evade got nerfed... MA needs more money and this is just yet another way of increasing decay... thousands of players decaying a bit more ... it's peanuts for us but it's big bucks for MA... no other reason than that... if they wanted to make the game more difficult they just need to introduce new mobs in new areas... this is not about making the game more difficult. It's about making it generate more cash.

I havnt hunted too much recently so I cant say that much about it. This kind of thread however, pops up about every month, or at least every VU. Not saying it never happens, but you will always find a number of people that agree hitrate increased recently. Basicly what I am saying, is that this kind of thread is pretty useless without some hard facts. Peoples experiences are totally unrelyable.

I have been hunting armax very much recently, for the past 2 VUs. I see no difference, they hit very hard but also very rare to me. For Atrox,I am equal to Atrox Domi in combat, and for biggers I need a fapper in Ghost+5bs.

Uhm? Thats like saying: "World changes fundamental every day, including the laws of nature. Adapt to it or you suck."

A BIT more consistence would be nice for a change.
My thoughts exactly.

Well, maybe up to a point. But if my experience is factual and not just perception, than it would be very unreasonable to have to deal with such huge changes. What is the point in setting goals and striving to achieve them if the world is completely different tomorrow, and you won't be able to hunt Fugabarba's except in team?

This part desperately needs some explaining.

I absolutly believe that mobs hit more and decay is higher now. I have seen my decay bill go up twice since the last time it went down. I'm not gonna say that evade has been nerfed but the mobs sure as hell hit me more now and I have a higher level of evader. I believe one of the last VU said something about mob attack speed being increased and more crits. Anyone who has been to cp knows the damn aliens hit so fast and crit so often now its possible to die to a weak aurli.

Firstly, regarding Atrox, I'm almost 100% sure they were cited as a mob that would get increased hit ability in a VU that hit us last year some time. Sure enough when that VU hit, they were hitting a lot more than usual.

Secondly, please don't forget that your ability to Evade is like your ability to loot good, it changes over time. Imagine you have several different luck 'streams.'

Loot luck
Skill gain luck
Evade luck
Hit rate luck
Damage luck

Then imagine them almost as sine waves, sine waves with different modifiers on them and are out of phase. Sometimes your loot luck sucks for a long time, so too is the same for your Evade luck sometimes.

This is my personal belief on how the avatar is affected over time.

Firstly, regarding Atrox, I'm almost 100% sure they were cited as a mob that would get increased hit ability in a VU that hit us last year some time. Sure enough when that VU hit, they were hitting a lot more than usual.

Secondly, please don't forget that your ability to Evade is like your ability to loot good, it changes over time. Imagine you have several different luck 'streams.'

Loot luck
Skill gain luck
Evade luck
Hit rate luck
Damage luck

Then imagine them almost as sine waves, sine waves with different modifiers on them and are out of phase. Sometimes your loot luck sucks for a long time, so too is the same for your Evade luck sometimes.

This is my personal belief on how the avatar is affected over time.

oh god not the sine waves...why cant I escape the sine waves

I know this subject came up earlier this week, but today I went trox hunting near the rig, and the hitrate of troxes on me was just appalling. It was also consistent.

As I said before, half a year ago I was able to kill AOA's without dying, wearing Ghost+5b, using an ML-35.
Now I am hardpressed to kill it wearing Boar+5b, using an ML-35 ME/Geotrek Apis. In that time, I have unlocked Avoidance, I'm close to level 34 Evader, and I've gained at least 10 HP (162 now).

An Alpha hit me 6x in a row, 4 hits of which were over 40 damage. This was not a fluke, I have to fap to stay alive against Dominants. Troxes' hitrate are now approaching that of Hogglo's!
And it's not just trox. Armaxes too really hurt, even providers do so much dmg sometimes that I need to fap. Not too long ago, I could stand still and wait a whole minute before it hit me at all!

So here's the question: Is it just me, or do other people notice it too?

what happened to ur shadow?

also i quite enjoy hunting a mob that does big damage brings abit of a challenge makes things for fun that just my opinion.

Last edited:
no, i dont think evade was changed, at least not significantly. over the last 6 month period ive found mobs easier as i would expect increasing evade and other skills. more likly there has bee a tweak to Atrox, there have been other examples.

Back