Question: Event really going to end on a weekday?

Maybe they forgot to think of what to do next :p

Oi! Stop posting and use the next 5 hours to make sure you finish! :D

Lol these things are so boring to kill I can post and chat and kill them all at the same time

Traditions of EU events require an event to be ended abruptly and silently in the middle of the storyline, without any outcomes and sum-ups: that brings so much suspence and excitement that even years later people talk effusively "Ahh, the egg... ahh, the logs..." :wise:

Traditions of EU events require an event to be ended abruptly and silently in the middle of the storyline, without any outcomes and sum-ups: that brings so much suspence and excitement that even years later people talk effusively "Ahh, the egg... ahh, the logs..." :wise:

I dunno.... call me naive but I think this event will be different. Mainly because of the word they chose to describe this event "Harbinger". That being said.... they could have used the term "Harbinger" to try and say.... "This awesome event is a sign of many more events to come on Calypso". BUT.... I have faith that this is just the start of something truly EPIC! I just wish there wasn't so much dead time (damn I use that term way too often in life) in-between new "happenings". If I were running the event I'd have something changing/happening every 2nd or 3rd day to keep event goers burning PEDs like CRAZY.

Menace

Last edited:
I like the game, but again FPC promised, they have no idea how to drive people into a story line. "Drama" and "rumours" is good when used rarely... a story based on this makes no story. I wonder why FPC starts to acts this stupid: rise big expectations when doing nothing at all... even if they come now around the corener with a real cool thing... 50% of the players say: well, if they would have done/told this earlier...

FPC lost a lot trust again... which is really sad, because the game itself started to be really cool... and now they ruined the whole good imrepssion in four weeks... sad, sad :(.

I like the game, but again FPC promised, they have no idea how to drive people into a story line. "Drama" and "rumours" is good when used rarely... a story based on this makes no story. I wonder why FPC starts to acts this stupid: rise big expectations when doing nothing at all... even if they come now around the corener with a real cool thing... 50% of the players say: well, if they would have done/told this earlier...

FPC lost a lot trust again... which is really sad, because the game itself started to be really cool... and now they ruined the whole good imrepssion in four weeks... sad, sad :(.
:lolup:

No, you ALL got it totaly wrong!!
This is an FPC/MA Event!
I mean, can you imagine the party at MA/FPC looking at the Income from all the "Decay"? :tongue2:

This was a GREAT Event for them! :wtg: :yup:

So nothing happend huh? :laugh:

The hamster in the storyline advancement wheel must be incapacitated.

The hamster in the storyline advancement wheel must be incapacitated.

Hehe, but seriously...it's 1215MA time, anything happening? Are the Harbingers still hanging around or has everything gone???

Hehe, but seriously...it's 1215MA time, anything happening? Are the Harbingers still hanging around or has everything gone???

I just saw a metric eff ton of them hanging around Atlas Haven.

There are still globals and hofs on them. Perhaps the last harbinger will drop an Egg... or both of them :ahh:

Oi! Stop posting and use the next 5 hours to make sure you finish! :D

I've done all the missions! (other than the steel bird 250/1k... those are just money grabbers) :laugh:

I finally went to bed. It's morning now, and it sounds like nothing's happened yet still. Glad I didn't wait up.

well be fair to MA....
"All missions will not be available at once. At first there will only be the Iron Challenges. A set of story related missions will open on November 11th, and a few more that concludes the event will open on November 23rd. Some missions (but not all) will close on November 30th as the event closes. If a mission is limited to certain dates, it will be stated clearly in the mission’s description."

Seems pretty clear to me...

look close ..... there is no year in that date :laugh:

No need to hurry with event ending. I need 2 more days to finish steelbirds 1000. :)

C'mon FPC! Don't leave us hangin here.... give us an EVENT! :yay:

Maybe it's our fault. We were supposed to play a role in determining how the event would progress.... maybe we didn't do our jobs?

Menace

Maybe it's our fault. We were supposed to play a role in determining how the event would progress.... maybe we didn't do our jobs?

Menace

We FAILED!

Oh, the SHAME!

Menace

We FAILED!

Oh, the SHAME!

I guess we didn't spend enough to get the boss mob. :lam:

New release coming tomorrow... so extened again... without a statement like "you have 1 more day"... communication with player base is overrated.

New release coming tomorrow... so extened again... without a statement like "you have 1 more day"... communication with player base is overrated.

It's an MA release, not a FPC release.

I would say that the event is not finished... Only some time limited missions within the event are.. Certainly till Fpc says otherwise... Thought it would be nice if Hanne could just appease with a one liner - the event is still in progress :)

No need to hurry with event ending. I need 2 more days to finish steelbirds 1000. :)

The Steel Bird 1k mission actually pisses me off. If I knew I had a couple of days more than the 30th I would have tried to finish it. I think MA/FPC is actually damaging themselves if they make some people think that they (the people) can't finish a certain mission within their (the people's) time constraints but then they (MA/FPC) don't even end the availability of the respective mob.

Though it would be nice if Hanne could just appease with a one liner - the event is still in progress :)

Agreed. With so many thinking it's over and the rest hoping it's not I think it would be in FPC's best interest at this point to let us know if it is still ongoing or if it's finished.

Menace

Maybe they realized that the event wasn't received so well an they are feverishly trying to cook up some more content.

:hammer:

Agreed. With so many thinking it's over and the rest hoping it's not I think it would be in FPC's best interest at this point to let us know if it is still ongoing or if it's finished.

Menace

speculation ... drama .. speculation ... Marco will love it, even if we don't :cool:

Menace

don't forget about those who are HOPING that it is FINISHED!

don't forget about those who are HOPING that it is FINISHED!

Yeah.... I really REALLY thought FPC was putting something great together here. I know it was stupid of me... even if the event continues and gets better this first stage is nothing short of a boring fail. That'd be like any other land area owner unlocking, then locking, then unlocking their mob maturity and calling it an event.

I've truly been let down by Harbinger to this point. I remember the excitement of robot wars, mutant wars, and other events. I remember putting teams together and globaling/HoF'ing on Elite mobs. I remember discoveries. Uber items being looted by players. Gripping storyline or AT LEAST a story line that was progressing sometimes multiple times a day. You'd log out for 8 hours and have to get your SOC to fill you in on what you missed while you were gone. I remember searching for the elusive Big Bulks that we knew WOULD spawn but didn't know where or when. I remember the servers lagging out because there were SO MANY gd's that the servers were almost at capacity. People fapping you, people dying everywhere..... ahhh.... the carnage!

This Harbinger event has so far been boring. Complete waste of time doing the "kill 200 robots in the crater" mission as they basically made a mockery of us by giving us almost NIL IRD skill. The diploma was cool.... I'll give them that. Steelbirds have been a shit storm no thanks to the arseholes that are too greedy to tag their own mobs.

I just don't understand why they couldn't keep us in suspense.

1.) Throw out storyline AT LEAST once a day. Encryptions, "CDF announcements", Attacks on different cities, PR on the forums from FPC, etc.

2.) Get rid of the harbinger spawns and have the harbingers attack 2 or 3 cities at once. Run Harbinger mission of say "kill 500". That way people have to follow the story so they know where to go kill Harbingers for their missions.

3.) Better loot via better drops from mobs. Make it so that we all have a greater chance at looting better (L) or UL items from event mobs. (The TT return rate could stay as is).

4.) When they say they're going to do something ie: drop "rare and valuable items" or that the players will play a role in the progression of the event then simply DO IT.

Bah.... just discussing this makes me angry. For this part of the event (if it's continuing) or the event period if it's over I feel cheated. Plain and simple.

Menace

Just flew over the crater, thousands of toasters are crying out of boredom but not a single green dot around there to put them out of their misery. They remind me a bunch of old threadbare teddy bears in a dumpster - only recently they were someone's favorite toys and now are forgotten and thrown out in the dirt. So sad...

:silly2:

Back