Final Theory Thread

This theory is interesting. I have something more to add

A claim appears at max 55m away from your avatar, this sine wave that this theory is all about has to deal with distance, I mean how are the actual coordinates of the mining claim determined ?

See your probe / bomb area as a graph, with the location of your actions as origins. If the sine wave exists, you should see a pattern in it's vector, ie the distance and direction from your probe / bomb detination and it's spawn coordinate.

the beats thingy is debatable... what if everyone cracks the bear sequence ? they all get good loot ? Where will it come then, someone has to lose it :)

Busted it at last, sorry to butt in to this old thread, but the second that you drop the bomb is the key, the value, the number itself not the beat between them. Its generated on certain actual number types, eg even, odd, prime, numbers in a set sequence,

Look at the hofs and see when they are obtained, what number types they are on. You will see a pattern

This is complete conjecture, but what if you could generate your own pattern :) If this is correct, give the game a pattern, you choose it.

The pattern generation idea was a complete bust. It does not work.

ok maybe somebody can explain to me ....i was running in biodom 11 around in the middle on the doom another miner drop bombe around 10 meters to me he claim i drop bomb next to him find 500 ped hof he was whit better finder than me why dont claim it him? my frends all teoris my opinion is bulshit

ok maybe somebody can explain to me ....i was running in biodom 11 around in the middle on the doom another miner drop bombe around 10 meters to me he claim i drop bomb next to him find 500 ped hof he was whit better finder than me why dont claim it him? my frends all teoris my opinion is bulshit

Personal loot pool, that's the answer.... for me :)

also that all claims are random and then put on a "cooldown" for that area so you cant really hit another hit within that radius for some amount of time.... except for rare occasions when we find these "veins" :)

but that's my thought.... and I do not mine, lol. :)

So lets said that you are right,ok than in that case we dont need 2 go on any others LA we can simply mine in one area in fact lets drop booms on same place if i gonna get return 85-95% in one moment as you said why should i look for good spots where 2 mine if all this story of yours is true....
Don-t think so m8

But yes i do agree of some of personal loot thing i Will said that my teory is that what ever you do you have your % of Succses better skills and equip better chance 2 get something bigger and so on if you loosing more your % will rise but some of the people have a really bad luck....

Hate to admit, but I do agree with "Personal loot pool" theory...

I remembered about two months ago, where I was mining enmatters at Solfais Crater. I met an enmatter miner in the middle of my mining run. We're chatting and agreed on doing a test.

The test is so simple. We went together and drop probes in the same position (Either he dropped first, while I'm after him, or otherwise). We each dropped 100 probes and got a conclusion. When he dropped a probe and got nrf, but i got a claim after dropped a probe on the exact position and otherwise.

So, it's TOTALLY our own Personal Loot Pool.

Hate to admit, but I do agree with "Personal loot pool" theory...

I remembered about two months ago, where I was mining enmatters at Solfais Crater. I met an enmatter miner in the middle of my mining run. We're chatting and agreed on doing a test.

The test is so simple. We went together and drop probes in the same position (Either he dropped first, while I'm after him, or otherwise). We each dropped 100 probes and got a conclusion. When he dropped a probe and got nrf, but i got a claim after dropped a probe on the exact position and otherwise.

So, it's TOTALLY our own Personal Loot Pool.

Its more like a Russian rullete, more bullets in the gun better chance 2 kill yourself....

he was not close enough to it, his hit "spanwed" your hit. better finder does nada for value, only what type you get.

he was not close enough to it, his hit "spanwed" your hit. better finder does nada for value, only what type you get.

Hmmm. No need to run arround then? Since each hit can potentially spawn another (and possibly) bigger? Hmmm :eyecrazy:

Hmmm. No need to run arround then? Since each hit can potentially spawn another (and possibly) bigger? Hmmm :eyecrazy:

well the chance of it spawning just beside you is quite darn small.. go hunt and see how often a new mob spawn just beside you, that's about how often it would happen :)

Yeah... i'm not reading 11 pages of posts to see if anybody has said this, if they have I will edit.

If this metronome theory of yours is true, then to sync up the metronome with your avatar, you would have to find the exact day/time you joined EU. Possibly even a session time.

One thing to take into consideration is lag... not just client side, but server side also.

If this can apply to hunting, it would make sense that each time you click to loot a mob, it contacts the loot server at that moment (of the metronome).

But of course I can probably spit out 5 theories about how loot works off the top of my head :\

Very interesting subject!

Sorry but i am too lazy to read everything but as far as I saw, i just want to share what i am thinking about this:

I tried many theories.. I also have my own... anyway.. my question is: what does it change to agree or not agree with a theory? What does it change if you mine with a metronome? or drop after some "perception"? or what else?

NOTHING ;) you ll never beat MA, your TT return in any case will be 80-90% on long term... so some theory maybe help you to get this 80-90% return faster.. but in long term there is absolutly no difference on your TT return

Happy mining!

Is MA recording all the peds spending per player?

This is the only thing I worry about. When the system let you to loss 4k peds or more in 5 days... And I didn´t even started to click oa-101's on condition, just components and textures lvl I/II.

What about big hits of newcomers?

maybe lucky cycle, because could begin in a top of the wave, for some people ( newcomers). (we dont know what are all variables to generate the wave, but could be related to a kind of bio-rithm of the avatars)

I do belive in the personal loot pool theroy.

I also belive that every mob and area has its own loot pool.

But what i dont get is how can you have 80-90% return in the long run if lets say armor/fap decay going straight to MA?

You must have a 100% TT return in the long run excluding armor/fap decay, it woud be quite rediculos otherwise.

It is possible that the system allows your own personal loot pool to have negitve value, hence why some newcomers gets big hofs and while others strike ath sized loots.
If so then they take the peds wich woud have completed someone elses 100% return rate.

well the chance of it spawning just beside you is quite darn small.. go hunt and see how often a new mob spawn just beside you, that's about how often it would happen :)

Thats easy, im at about 50%+ rate on a lemmy dragon spawning on me as soon as i kill the last one. Try standing just a step or two away from the skull moat tp and kill a dragon. As soon as it hits the ground your taking fire (literally) from above.

narfi

It's a very good system. In order to profit you will need skills as the resources at noob level have a really bad markup. The game would return 90% to 95% of the money invested, so in the beginning you would want as many skillgains as possible in order to access the rarer resources which have a better markup. You would also want to DECREASE your hitrate while you are a noob in order to increase the hitrate later on the rarer resources, simple really. Sacrifice peds now, in order to get a bonus later.

The real bonus for Mindark is with regards to players that try the game for x months and then leave, with all their lovely peds still invested in the game.

So noobs, please loose your peds at an alarming rate, it will help you later with rarer minerals. HOWEVER, when Mindark pushes new content into the game, the value of the current content will drop, which will result in the then elite players spending more ped in order to become elite again at the new level, subsequently screwing all the players that are not at that level as the markup on old content will decrease.

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to trade :)

If This Theory are true. Keep your eyes open, cause that would mean ive been building up for a 500 K + ATH during last year :rolleyes:

Not necessarily, sometimes, at random the system decides to screw a player and reset his lootpool :eek:

If this metronome theory of yours is true, then to sync up the metronome with your avatar, you would have to find the exact day/time you joined EU. Possibly even a session time.

Excellent, you would have to find out how old your avatar is, ie how long has that avatar been active in the game .....

And if you are thinking that there is a global pool, FORGET IT. Does not exist. There are also facts that support this transition.

The mining system was changed, before a certain VU, I was able to drop a bomb, find a deposit and CANCEL the claim, another avatar could now find the same claim. That was a global system. Now it's personal, when I drop a bomb, I claim the deposit immediately.

Will give more info later.

Last edited:
Guys everyone knows what the real answer is...

It's over 9000!!!

I have been reading this thread recently as nothing I have tried with a coordinate or respawn based system works.

What I tried last night was the following 8bpm, yes it is the same as the mining tool. 3 beats per cycle.

http://www.webmetronome.com/ The results were substantially significant to say the least.

There are several tricks that I did pick up in my trials which are still ongoing, start the metronome as you switch to your mining tool. The reason for this is obvious, the timing from other tools differs to this one.

Here is my take on how it works so far.

There are one or more "tracks" that trigger at a very specific time, I have mentioned it before, think of it as "Entropia Guitar Hero"

The easiest beat would be 8bpm, and the track could look like the following

ORE, MATTER, SKILL, TIER, BLANK, BLANK, ORE, MATTER. One would just have to hit the ore beat in order to get the bacon.

Simple and at the same time extremely complex, all of this would depend on what time you send an action onto the server, lag does not factor into the equation as the client sends the request with it's associated time stamp to the server that checks it and gives a result. Very elegant system and could apply to any action in the entire bloody game.

I will post more on sequences that work for me so far, when I get time.

So here is a bit of metagame thinking. Auto-Use tool will trigger the finder when it can, so therefore it will trigger at 8bpm, due to this it would be easy to assume that the optimal cycle would not be 8 beats in length, fortunately the metronome allows us to pick any beat cycle and accent a set beat number in the cycle.

The accent and cycle were both set to 3 when I obtained my significantly substantial claims :) This would be cheap to test as you would just strap on a rookie finder/s and go to town, once you are happy with the hitrate, scale up to a more costly finder and watch the fireworks.

Looking back on it, this is the most bloody obvious system that all 4 professions have in common. There are most probably other tracks :

Resources / Loot
Skill
Tier Upgrade
Others

I would also suspect that cycle length for mining resources would be on beat number 3,5,6 or 7.

Last edited:
ORE, MATTER, SKILL, TIER, BLANK, BLANK, ORE, MATTER. One would just have to hit the ore beat in order to get the bacon.

But you can get Ore, Matter, Tier and Skill all in one action.

But you can get Ore, Matter, Tier and Skill all in one action.

Aye, you can.....

and that would happen at a set frequency would it not ? So we can say that the different "triggers" are like notes. Consider the Guitar Hero analogy, 4 buttons on the guitar, those are our triggers. Sometimes you choose 1 like ore or matter, sometimes you choose em all (press all 4 buttons at the same time).

I hope this makes it clearer. We as players can select what notes or triggers to press together at the same time, decay always pulses, the reduction of our consumable items goes down by x and at certain times, we hit it big.

Lets find those times, yes :)

Really? You just had to encourage him, didn't you? :dunce:

Yes lets not share information, lets not advertise this game more to less experienced players. All we want to do is show logs of our mining trips but give no insight as to how to improve the results.

That is what is really sickening me. So how many peds have you lost Harmony ?

Oh thanks for the bump :)

Last edited:
But I have to reply.
You talk about "all you know", but the reality is that you don't actually know anything and nor do I. I am offended by such arrogance :D

To know something is what you experience in your perception of reality. You form your own conclusions based on effect of your actions So what these guys know is what they experience.
It doesnt mean that what you know is the same as what others know. Knowledge could be personal, this is not the real world. Knowledge doesn't have to come from earth books, or be in mathematic calculations.

For example: I know that when I hit some bristlehogs by a certain tree I will get a global, but only if I haven't been there in the last 4 hours. I know this because it happened a lot. I know a lot of these points that almost certain lead to nice loot. I know this is tied to perception gains, and I also know how to make good use of these perception gains.

But for someone else, my truth may not work. They will not global at that certain tree, or get nice loot on x,y not even after a perception gain. They will call my theory flawed and crazy and say that it's all coincidence.

In conclusion, if you know something, it doesn't mean your knowledge is transferrable to other avatars. For example I brought a friend to a spot where exarosaurs elite almost always global. We teamed up and hit nothing. If I hunt atrox, my loot almost always sucks, but for others Atrox are nice looting mobs. Truth and knowledge in entropia is not always universal, but personal.

Back