First Planet Company & EntropiaFiction Announce Events Partnership

Ieuru

Dominant
Ieuru Cervus Uramos
EntropiaFiction & First Planet Company
Join Forces to Host

FORTNIGHTLY EVENTS

It's my pleasure to announce that First Planet Company and EntropiaFiction.com have partnered to host writing competitions on a fortnightly basis.

I launched EntropiaFiction in the last quarter of 2008 with the intention of promoting writing within the Entropia Universe through contests which are both rewarding and creatively inspiring. I've hosted several of these writing competitions since then, but due to financial constraints have been unable to host them as often as I would like. Now, however, EntropiaFiction is officially sponsored by First Planet Company, and I can run the competitions on a fortnightly basis. I will have control over the competitions and First Planet Company will provide the prizes for the events.​

This is a great honour for me, as writing has always been something that I've immensely enjoyed and promoted. I hope to make First Planet Company proud of their investment in these events, and to do justice to the trust and responsibility that they have given me.​

These are events that are open to all citizens of Planet Calypso, whether they be new arrivals or experienced veterans. They are not aimed at any particular level of Entropia expertise, and so could be a good way for a newcomer to the Universe to get a head start, or as a way for a hardened citizen to earn some quick PED.​

Details of the first of these events will be announced soon, and will hopefully be the start of long-lasting partnership between EntropiaFiction and First Planet Company. The first few of these events will be used to gauge the level of interest shown, with any future events containing prizes that are configured to match this.​

Should you have any questions or comments then please post them in this thread, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.​

Last edited:
well done,it seems FPC is much more open-minded than the whole MA.this is a very good think. GL with ur competitions;);)

gratz!!

I look forward to see how it develops :)

Wow, that's great! Good work on getting FPC to sponsor you.

Setting up EntropiaFiction was an excellent idea and it's always good to see people getting involved in the community in a creative way.

It seems to me that FPC have recognised that by sponsoring the contests, and I'm very glad to see them doing so.

As for the contests themselves, I think doing one every fortnight might be too much. People need time to come up with ideas and work on the writing. I'd suggest keeping the old monthly format would be better.

Plus if we have half as many contests, the prizes can be twice as good, right? :D

well done,it seems FPC is much more open-minded than the whole MA.this is a very good think. GL with ur competitions;);)

Thanks. I agree that this is a great thing for FPC to do, and look forward to working alongside them.

gratz!!

I look forward to see how it develops :)

Thanks.

Wow, that's great! Good work on getting FPC to sponsor you.

Setting up EntropiaFiction was an excellent idea and it's always good to see people getting involved in the community in a creative way.

It seems to me that FPC have recognised that by sponsoring the contests, and I'm very glad to see them doing so.

As for the contests themselves, I think doing one every fortnight might be too much. People need time to come up with ideas and work on the writing. I'd suggest keeping the old monthly format would be better.

Plus if we have half as many contests, the prizes can be twice as good, right? :D

My intention with running this on a fortnightly basis was to keep things constantly moving forward. The writing competitions will be nothing too strenuous, and won't involve writing lengthy stories. If I feel after a little while that things are moving too fast, then I'll be more than willing to look at how often the competitions are held.

And I shall ofc try to participate whenever I can :D

Best of luck :thumbup: I am looking to forward to seeing some creative fan-fiction - we have some very talented people in our community.

Curious is work that is already out there eligible... I am sure you will lay the rules out for us and all that... carry on ;)

Best of luck :thumbup: I am looking to forward to seeing some creative fan-fiction - we have some very talented people in our community.

Curious is work that is already out there eligible... I am sure you will lay the rules out for us and all that... carry on ;)

I'll make the rules clear when when I post details of the competitions, but as long as a the work fits the challenge and hasn't already placed in one of the competitions, then it's highly likely it will be eligible.

Thanks for the luck.

that's great news

I have been waiting for the next competition since I finished my poem and now I am even more excited... congratz!!!

Congrats on the great news. :yay::wtg:
Thanks muchly :D

I have been waiting for the next competition since I finished my poem and now I am even more excited... congratz!!!

It's nice that you're enthusiastic about this! I'm looking forward to it myself, too.

Thanks for the gratz :D

Congratulations on the sponsorship and :wtg: First Planet Company for sponsoring a cool event.

lol. Thanks, Suu :D

I just hope you don't expect me to start writing, lol, I suck big time at that! :ahh: but I promise I will read what the real creative people in here get done and of course if you need help on finding some nice prizes again... :silly2:

I just hope you don't expect me to start writing, lol, I suck big time at that! :ahh: but I promise I will read what the real creative people in here get done and of course if you need help on finding some nice prizes again... :silly2:

hehe. I'm sure you write just fine. In fact, I expect you to make three or four submissions to each and every contest. If you don't, I'll PVP you :D

wow :D that's coooooooool

Uhhh... free dodge! :clap: As if you succeed anyway :laugh:

Pff. I own you and you know it.

Back on the topic at hand, if anyone doesn't want to write but would like to take part as judges then let me know and I'll see if I can work something out.

Pff. I own you and you know it.

Back on the topic at hand, if anyone doesn't want to write but would like to take part as judges then let me know and I'll see if I can work something out.

What I'd like to know is are winning stories getting published here too in some sort of blog? I think I'd be nice for both the site and the guys winning getting some recognition here too :)

Nicely done,

2500 EFD sent your way to get a banner advert up and running for this.

I also sent a PM and placed a sticky on the EF owners spikes to request sponsorship for a banner for you ;)

Let us hope he can help out with that.

These guys can help out with the banner advert ;) https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/services/97424-globex-designs.html

711critter.jpg

Last edited:
What I'd like to know is are winning stories getting published here too in some sort of blog? I think I'd be nice for both the site and the guys winning getting some recognition here too :)

I'll see what I can come up with on this front. I was planning on announceing the winners in several different locations, so that the winners get the recognition they deserve.

Nicely done,

2500 EFD sent your way to get a banner advert up and running for this.

I also sent a PM and placed a sticky on the EF owners spikes to request sponsorship for a banner for you ;)

Let us hope he can help out with that.

These guys can help out with the banner advert ;) https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/services/97424-globex-designs.html

711critter.jpg

Cool. Thanks! Globex Design looks awesome, I'm sure they could make a great banner.

Cool. Thanks! Globex Design looks awesome, I'm sure they could make a great banner.

No problem mate,

This is the first time I have seen MA go out on a limb to support such an iniative in this way. I am very impressed.

I hope others can come to the party to make sure it gets the full promotion it deserves with offering sponsorship to some degree.

GL, I am really looking forward to doing some reading of what others have contributed as time passes :)

No problem mate,

This is the first time I have seen MA go out on a limb to support such an iniative in this way. I am very impressed.

I hope others can come to the party to make sure it gets the full promotion it deserves with offering sponsorship to some degree.

GL, I am really looking forward to doing some reading of what others have contributed as time passes :)

I'm actually quite honoured to have made this deal with FPC, I was never expecting anything like this to happen when I first started EntropiaFiction.

In my opinion, FPC sponsoring this kind of event makes it obvious that they intend to interact a bit more with the community and lend their support to event organisers.

I just started a thread at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/143917-entropiafiction-judges.html#post1776054 about judges. I'd like to get a few more of them so that I can rotate the panel a bit.

I've just noticed that MindArk's name has been mentioned in this thread, so I thought that I would make clear that this is not a deal with MidArk but rather First Planet Company. I know it's quite easy to get the two mixed up as FPC is still relatively new, but I thought I'd just make it clear.

Grats on the partnership. Its a very good move on MA's part and you definitely deserve it. The events so far have been very good. I look forward to more of your events (especially as someone that has managed to win one already :D)

Grats on the partnership. Its a very good move on MA's part and you definitely deserve it. The events so far have been very good. I look forward to more of your events (especially as someone that has managed to win one already :D)

Thank you. I personally don't look at this as something deserved, I think I've been given a fantastic opportunity to promote and participate in something that I'm extremely passionate about, and I believe that it's up to me to prove to FPC that they've made a good decision in supporting this.

I'm glad that you've enjoyed the events that I've hosted so far, and would hope that you'd continue to participate in the future.

Thank you for the gratz. :D

Okay, I've been asked a few times ingame what fortnightly means. Given the amount of different nationalities represented ingame I probably should have made it more clear what it means.

Fortnightly means that the competitions will be run once every two weeks.

Hope that clear things up for those that didn't understand.

Back