Society
Antipodean Army
Salix Sol Maximus
Salix Sol Presents:

picture.php

A test to see if the chat box is mighter than the EnBlade

Date: 08-08-09 @ 18:30-19:30 (MA time)
Ticket Price: 15 PED

Please get there 1/2 an hour earlier to help the organisers and maximise the playing time.

Rules:
One life only, deaths will be tracked, once you are killed you are out of the game. Revive room exit will be blocked off.

A certain percentage of the ticket money will go onto the prize pool. This prize pool will be evenly distributed to all contestants still in the game, that is, hasn't been killed. This will happen even if noone dies.

Diplomacy will be paramount, do you get everyone to agree not to kill anyone, thus ensuring that everyone gets at least some of their money back. Do you get everyone to agree to kill one person. Or do you try to kill enough people to ensure everyone still alive makes some money.

The percentage of the ticket price going towards the prize pool will determine how many people still need to be alive in order to get your ticket money back (that is, if 60% of the ticket price goes towards the prize pool, 60% or less still alive will guarantee everyone gets their money back (not including decay).
Here are the Prize Pool percentages for the number of people registered.
1-20 registered, PP is 60%
21-49 registered, PP is 70 %
50+ registered, PP is 80%

Further Rules
No healing.
No armour.
No leaving the PvP area (includes using the TP).
No TP chips.
No Scanners.
Unamped TT weapons only!

If you feel that someone breaks any of these rules, and they stay alive to the end, you are to take a screenshot, and report to me (quietly) after the event. Judges will be roaming the field.

Please register at the Zychion event NPC, or if you see me in game, I might have some tickets available.

Feel free to discuss tactics.

If you would like to volunteer in assisting the event in someway (either as a judge, advertiser, or something else) please PM and I will gladly follow it up.

Last edited:
And you said EU presented "no more challenges" ;)

Best of luck with the event!
I'll see if I can make this one.. my first PVP event :D

May I use Cb5 though?
I'm BLP Sniper all the way. I'm not even maxed Cb5 yet though.

Wooohoo, this is gonna be great!

I'm in :yay:

It might be a good idea to forbid faps to.. as the fight might go on for quite some time otherwise..

I might join if I manage to find my goldcard reader ^^

Good idea for an event.

However if you going to make it so that it is TT weapons only that you do not let the event system to award the prize. and you have plenty of judges out in the field as it is not hard for those who are not so nice to slap a few shos in with a big gun and finish with a TT one

That is from previous experience of TT only open event

Rules:

A certain percentage of the ticket money will go onto the prize pool. This prize pool will be evenly distributed to all contestants still in the game, that is, hasn't been killed. This will happen even if noone dies.

The percentage will start at 70%, if a large number of people register, it will be increased to 80%. If very few people register, it will decrease to 60%

So let say 10 people join is that a few? Or is it 100 people?
With a price pool that can change instantly by one man it does not feel right
Set the pricepool as a fact, for example:

1-20 PP is 60%
21-49 PP is 70 %
50-up PP is 80%

That way no one could feel tricked

So let say 10 people join is that a few? Or is it 100 people?
With a price pool that can change instantly by one man it does not feel right
Set the pricepool as a fact, for example:

1-20 PP is 60%
21-49 PP is 70 %
50-up PP is 80%

That way no one could feel tricked

Thanks, funnily enough you hit upon the the exact numbers that I was thinking it was appropriate to change the PP. I certainly do not want people to feel they are tricked, so I will edit the original post with these numbers. Ideally I'd have a scaled formula which tracks the PP for every registered participant, however that is probably too confusing for people.

Cheers for the comment.

Sounds great I am in.

And you said EU presented "no more challenges" ;)

Best of luck with the event!
I'll see if I can make this one.. my first PVP event :D

May I use Cb5 though?
I'm BLP Sniper all the way. I'm not even maxed Cb5 yet though.

I would say no because CB5 is better than opalo

Yeah sorry. At the moment, going to say no to the CB5, just because its going to be hard enough for the judges to ensure everyone sticks to the TT weapons.

Date: 08-08-09 @ 18:30-19:30 (MA time)

Damn I am going on a music festival day before that, I wont make it , gl everyone that comes I hope there will be another one .​

Just a reminder, this event is also fairly suitable for newbies (because if they play well, they don't have to kill at all, and if they do kill, it's someone unarmoured, not healing.

So if you have disciples or members of your soc who are fairly new to EU, invite them to come. Will be lots of fun and give them a good chance at some PvP.

A decent soc team will win this, and if they don't it's due to not entering :laugh:

Just Star alone could have a field day and killstreak with his health and dodge who could stop him? With a few soc mates ...game over.

Nice idea, the KS possibility looks a draw for PKers tho IMO.

t

Good idea for an event.

TT weapons only that you do not let the event system to award the prize. and you have plenty of judges out in the field as it is not hard for those who are not so nice to slap a few shots in with a big gun and finish with a TT one

That is from previous experience of TT only open event

If the Person killed by a Big Gun takes a screen shot of the damage taken it will show a judge that they used a non tt weapon and cheated.

A decent soc team will win this, and if they don't it's due to not entering :laugh:

Just Star alone could have a field day and killstreak with his health and dodge who could stop him? With a few soc mates ...game over.

Nice idea, the KS possibility looks a draw for PKers tho IMO.

t

Guess there will just have to be several soc teams then. Note, that the optimal win will be someone who gets other people to kill for them - thus not spending money on ammo. :) Hope to see you there.

thus not spending money on ammo. :)

Or losing health, making themselves an easy target.

3 or 4 noobies ought to be able to take down star, and if he entered I imagine that would be one of the first things to happen ;)

Bumpity Boopity!
~Omega

Or losing health, making themselves an easy target.

3 or 4 noobies ought to be able to take down star, and if he entered I imagine that would be one of the first things to happen ;)

Bumpity Boopity!
~Omega

That sounds somewhat like a challenge. :p Any ubers keen to test it?

[removed response to deleted post]

And just as an FYI ... MindStar Radio will be covering this event live on-air, as well as providing some high-energy, kick-ass sounds to pump up the adrenaline for all of you in search of your PK preys. Who knows, you might even see MY purple ass in this event ... although, I might make an easy target for at least ONE kill, but hey ... it'll be fun to report the adventures on-air. :D

So get your tickets ... and get ready to fear the purple! :wtg:

*Oh ya, like that'll work ... I am SO splattered all over Zychion!*

Last edited by a moderator:
lol that sure was a lot of deleted msg's :p (i can finally use this smiley!) :lolup:

erm... wow. 1 chunk of deleted msgs :laugh: sorry for going OT, just couldn't stand the injustice of it all.

anyway, bump for a soc mate ;)

Just under a week to go. Your chance to be part of a unique PvP event, no matter what level you are at.

Also looking for a couple more judges, so if you want to see how it goes down without paying the entry fee, please pm me.

Also a big thanks to MindStar9 for providing live coverage of the event and a special playlist of music just for it.

Also a big thanks to MindStar9 for providing live coverage of the event and a special playlist of music just for it.

You're very welcome ... it is really my pleasure, and ... I have an awesome music playlist ready for your event with plenty of rock flavor, and adrenaline-pumping sounds. I'm actually listening to it now and I LOVE it ... it's keeping me awake :laugh: and I really should be in bed already. :D

Also ... if you want to hear a sample of what I'm talking about, tune into MSR starting at 18:30 MA time on Monday. LeeLoo gave me a unique playlist to create for the Supremacy Reign soc hunt, but I added a lot more to it because I need to rush off to teach my class after I do a nice introduction and send them on their way to a mob smackdown. :wtg:

It will definitely keep you rockin' out. :yay:

Psychological bump!

Ekhem... I've found this thread through the CL (well done FPC), but aren't the events advertised there supposed to be newbie ones? I fail to see how any newbie even with maxed TT weapons could stand a chance in this (bad done FPC) so why it's advertised as a newbie event? You say diplomacy... Apart from small teams cooperation I wouldn't expect more diplomacy. It's not like this is Battle Royale...

Just constructive criticism related to advertising this as a newbie event. GL with it anyway.

Sounds great, I will follow this with intrest.

:woot: you too have a banner on the client loader :wtg:

Back