Question: Has anyone else noticed that phase 2 of sweating takes 7 seconds now?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have been testing this for several days since the last VU and the second phase of sweating (Green tunnel) takes a little over 7 seconds for me now. At first I thought it might be my connection but it tested the same as before the last VU. Check it out and let me know what you find.

I just use a timer and press the sweat key and timer key at the same time and then the timer key when the sound stops. I know I can be a little off but not a full second.

What was it before then?

Well, I noticed that the concentration phase (i.e. the first part) takes a little longer now. Earlier the concentration phase fit well into three hit attempts of a mob:

- 1st hit attempt, immediately start to concentrate (hit or no hit)
- 2nd hit attempt: the mob misses
- concentration stops
- 3rd hit attempt shortly after the concentration stops

Now the third hit pretty much happens at the same time as the concentration stops. There's just a veeeeeeery short time between those two. So if you don't really start concentration immediately you're likely to have to evade two hits to successfully finish the concentration phase.

It helps to know that the hit of the mob happens before the matching sound of it is hearable and the animation of the hit starts. But that's not really much of help anymore.

As far as the second phase is concerned I'd have to check again but I may agree that it seems to take a little longer, too.

No, I have not noticed. See if you can guess why. :laugh:

If it's true, good catch, though.

Me neither. Haven't noticed at all. Makes sense why MA would do this. It may seem like I am against MA on some of my posts, but it just looks like that because I am saying the MA wants to make profit and lower the average avatars' chance of making some. Anyways, MA probably would do it slowly so some may not notice it. But sweating doesn't seem slower. After time, though, it may lower the profit amounts.

If this is true and MA have increased the time needed tp gather sweat then everyone who has been complaining about the price of sweat will be happy. If sweat takes longer to extract then there will be less of it available to buy, this means that the price should increase.

If this is true and MA have increased the time needed tp gather sweat then everyone who has been complaining about the price of sweat will be happy. If sweat takes longer to extract then there will be less of it available to buy, this means that the price should increase.

the price of sweat will never increase again, unless the cap is put back on.
everybody can sweat, and tbh it's only real use is teleporting. I can teleport a lot with 500 sweat, and 500 sweat is easy to pull myself. I usually buy my me at the auction for 10 peds. if this price gets higher to say 15 peds.. then i will simply buy nexus and sweat myself.

It wouldn't surprise me if it has been altered, if Mindark think the price of sweat is too low (which lets face it - it is), they can do measures like this very easily.

Another change could be to make maximum pull back to 5 like back in the olde days for example.

Get your cheap sweat whilst you can! ;)

:sweat:

Nothing has been altered, you only notice these things because of the way of how communication works. If you start hitting the sweat-key at the normal point, it will start to sweat, regardless what is on your screen

The type of person who complains about sweat prices will never be happy.

Nothing has been altered, you only notice these things because of the way of how communication works. If you start hitting the sweat-key at the normal point, it will start to sweat, regardless what is on your screen

Well we differ in opinions on this one. Not sure what you call the normal point but I have almost 1900 points in sweating (I like to sweat:)) and I don't think the way I hit the sweat key has changed much in the past year but it sure seems the second phase is now 7 seconds.

Well we differ in opinions on this one. Not sure what you call the normal point but I have almost 1900 points in sweating (I like to sweat:)) and I don't think the way I hit the sweat key has changed much in the past year but it sure seems the second phase is now 7 seconds.

You're using words like "think" and "seems".

When you can use words like "proof" and "knowledge", we can talk.

Have you even bothered to time the phases with a stopwatch? "It sure seems..." would suggest no :rolleyes:

Have you even bothered to time the phases with a stopwatch? "It sure seems..." would suggest no :rolleyes:

Oleg I am ashamed of you. I have always found your posts to enlightening and helpful But this one is a bad-e-bad.

First, did you read my original post ? I said I used a timer. I didn't say stop watch because of diversity of the players and English not being their first language I thought timer was a better word.

Second, I used those two words, seem and think, to not appear arrogant. In fact I KNOW the way I sweat and it is the same every time. Moreover, I used the STOPWATCH over a period of 10 days and the second cycle of sweating has changed to 7 seconds every time I tested with the exception of 7 times, I only kept track of the 6 second ones. Now I did not count all the ones that were 7 seconds but over 10 days I am sure it was well over a 100. I will admit that I don't feel this is complete proof of the change, because it was not 100% of the time. It could be server issues that need to fixed.

Lastly, if it is a server issue and no one says anything then how will MA know they have a problem?

... u havent read his original post did u?

Well, I noticed that the concentration phase (i.e. the first part) takes a little longer now. Earlier the concentration phase fit well into three hit attempts of a mob:

- 1st hit attempt, immediately start to concentrate (hit or no hit)
- 2nd hit attempt: the mob misses
- concentration stops
- 3rd hit attempt shortly after the concentration stops

Now the third hit pretty much happens at the same time as the concentration stops. There's just a veeeeeeery short time between those two. So if you don't really start concentration immediately you're likely to have to evade two hits to successfully finish the concentration phase.

It helps to know that the hit of the mob happens before the matching sound of it is hearable and the animation of the hit starts. But that's not really much of help anymore.

As far as the second phase is concerned I'd have to check again but I may agree that it seems to take a little longer, too.

You can't measure like that... as your evade goes up you get hit less...

You can't measure like that... as your evade goes up you get hit less...

Hmm?

My post was about hit -attempts-, i.e. about the swing-and-a-miss. Not about actual hits.

Thanks for reading it again :cool:.

it definitely feels longer if you ask me
how could this not be easy to check? Im sure there is video out there of people sweating, time it.,.. and then go sweat something, time it. tada?

if this price gets higher to say 15 peds.. then i will simply buy nexus and sweat myself.
Even if it takes, say, ten hours to gather 1000 sweat?

I used an auto cl... ahum, anti RSI software to sweat in the past and I am pretty sure it has always been 6/7 seconds.

I used an auto cl... ahum, anti RSI software to sweat in the past and I am pretty sure it has always been 6/7 seconds.

When I first started about a year ago I used my stopwatch to time the two phases. At that time, for me, for sure it was 6/6. My bud who started playing at the same time found the same to also be true.

That being said, and I am not sure how long ago you were doing your timing, so at the time of your testing it may have been 6/7. I have noticed in the past a few times when it seemed like one or the other of the phases was longer than normal but, for me, it didn't last very long and when back to "Normal". This time it is not going back to "Normal" for me.

Thanks for the reply and I respect your findings also.

Peace.

Oleg I am ashamed of you. I have always found your posts to enlightening and helpful But this one is a bad-e-bad.

First, did you read my original post ? I said I used a timer. I didn't say stop watch because of diversity of the players and English not being their first language I thought timer was a better word.

Second, I used those two words, seem and think, to not appear arrogant. In fact I KNOW the way I sweat and it is the same every time. Moreover, I used the STOPWATCH over a period of 10 days and the second cycle of sweating has changed to 7 seconds every time I tested with the exception of 7 times, I only kept track of the 6 second ones. Now I did not count all the ones that were 7 seconds but over 10 days I am sure it was well over a 100. I will admit that I don't feel this is complete proof of the change, because it was not 100% of the time. It could be server issues that need to fixed.

Lastly, if it is a server issue and no one says anything then how will MA know they have a problem?

Fair enough :)

And this weeks winner is.....

This looks a strong canidate for wining this weeks​

:beerchug: :beerchug:

"I can't believe they believe"​
:beerchug::beerchug:

Last edited:
This looks a strong canidate for wining this weeks​

:beerchug: :beerchug:

"I can't believe they believe"​
:beerchug::beerchug:

I not sure it is a whine as more just wondering. I didn't really complain about, just that I noticed and wondered if any one else did, thereby making sure it was not my service provider. At least I have a chance of getting some satisfaction out of my SP if it is a problem with them.

If I do win "Whine of the week" do I get a prize?

I not sure it is a whine as more just wondering. I didn't really complain about, just that I noticed and wondered if any one else did, thereby making sure it was not my service provider. At least I have a chance of getting some satisfaction out of my SP if it is a problem with them.

Don't worry. Discussions about yet-another-nerf by MA hasn't been whining yet.

Just ignore the ones who don't respect that :).

Stop looking at the clock....and pay attention...

I didn't say whiner of the week...I said "winnner" of the week...

No rewards no prizes just the pride of knowing that you will tons of joy and laughter to next weeks meeting "I can't believe they believe"...:cool:

I personally have to thank you for being the inspirational jolt for "EAT MY SORTS"...and that alone should be reward enough....:cool:

I didn't say whiner of the week...I said "winnner" of the week...

No rewards no prizes just the pride of knowing that you will tons of joy and laughter to next weeks meeting "I can't believe they believe"...:cool:

I personally have to thank you for being the inspirational jolt for "EAT MY SORTS"...and that alone should be reward enough....:cool:

Well even if English is my first language my glasses are not what they used to be. Sorry.

Peace.

You're only whining >.> :rolleyes:.

Try to notice that back then the notification of mob being dry/trapped appeared only after a successful pull AFAIR, now it's after each attempt.

The price of sweat may rose and probably been. For sure the economy will change a bit after VU10, even if it's "only a graphical engine", trust me (or not, I don't care ^^). Still, cap is not the only thing that can alter the price of sweat, there are a lot of other direct and indirect things that affect sweat price.

Oh, and one more thing: sweat is dynamic.

Back