HL11 cheaper then K400. Is this normal?!?!

well , at least it somehow show 2 things :
1) there is less and less player in game so price of L things go down...
2) the suply of L item does not seems to depend on TTed L item , they just drop at some rate what ever player/item ratio is in game.

also , if h400 pay better than hl11 , go hunt the stuff that loot h400

Is this normal in a well balanced economy? :scratch2:

MA should rebalance the loot on proterons and reintroduce the feffoinds in game. Ever since proterons were introduced, they fucked up the markup on most of the looted L weapons in game.

Because everyone hunts proterons, the high supply of HL11 and BL1300 decreased a lot the price on HL8, HL12, LR53 and LR59.

Before that, the markup on L weapons fallowed a progresive sacale, based mostly on damage. Once MA introduced a new L weapon with higher dps, the price of the existing ones would decrease a bit. But now, everything is just wrong. :(

Feel free to discuss.

Sitram

Since the thread starter is not a native english speaker he didn't succeed to write exactly what he thought. Let me translate:

Hmm WTF did i bought an unl wep since now the L one is now dirt cheap?
Feel free to discuss :laugh:

To make my answer short:

HL11/BL1300 cheaper than before?
This is Fu*king Awesome!! :yay:

Long live proterons!

The way I see it, price sould be similar for the fallowing category of weapons:
- p5a/k400/scrof/hl6/cb19/lr32
- hl8/bl100/lr41/lr53/hl11
- hl12/lr59/apis
- hl15/cb26/x1/bl1300/lr63
- the rest of the high lvl weapons, like hl18, hl20, cb28, lr66, XT, X5, bl1400 might have a rather high variance in markup because of either high skill demand or rarity.

If the balance in drop rate is not carefully monitored and there is a high supply of hl11 and bl1300, the markup and desirability of the other weapons decrease. This is not such a big issue for a limited period of time, like for example the eomon migration. But now we are talking about a mob, proteron that won't leave from game anymore.

At the moment, hl11 and bl1300 is more then enough for majority of playerbase to have a decent dps to hunt with it. If there are plenty of them in auction, why would anyone even try to buy for example an lr59, hl12 or apis when they have both laser and BLP to skill with at a very low price/high availability? This not only affects the limited gun market but also the desirability of the mobs that drop them which affects the animal oils market also.

PS: I'm not talking here about my profits but about an aspect of our economy. The facut that I own an hl12 UL atm has nothing to do with this thread so please try not to make anymore posts related to this.

Sitram

The way I see it, price sould be similar for the fallowing category of weapons:
- p5a/k400/scrof/hl6/cb19/lr32
- hl8/bl100/lr41/lr53/hl11
- hl12/lr59/apis
- hl15/cb26/x1/bl1300/lr63
- the rest of the high lvl weapons, like hl18, hl20, cb28, lr66, XT, X5, bl1400 might have a rather high variance in markup because of either high skill demand or rarity.

If the balance in drop rate is not carefully monitored and there is a high supply of hl11 and bl1300, the markup and desirability of the other weapons decrease. This is not such a big issue for a limited period of time, like for example the eomon migration. But now we are talking about a mob, proteron that won't leave from game anymore.

At the moment, hl11 and bl1300 is more then enough for majority of playerbase to have a decent dps to hunt with it. If there are plenty of them in auction, why would anyone even try to buy for example an lr59, hl12 or apis when they have both laser and BLP to skill with at a very low price/high availability? This not only affects the limited gun market but also the desirability of the mobs that drop them which affects the animal oils market also.

PS: I'm not talking here about my profits but about an aspect of our economy.

Sitram

Well, I have to agree with you on the whole eomon and proteron being here forever thing. I think MA will balance it soon though.

Cheap as Chips HL11 and HL12 FTW although potatoes are fucking expensive so fuck the quote. Cheap HL12 Cheap HL11 FTW.

Last edited:
Do you think high fluctuations in an economy are not good? :scratch2:

If yes, then why?

Erm im no tony blair or musharraf but being just like any one else from the general public we like cheap affordable and profitable makes us happy and keeps us GOING.

BUT

If i was sitting on like 100 hl11's and hl12's that shot down in price rapidly then yes i would be complaining like yourself.

Last edited:
Erm im no tony blair or musharraf but being just like any one else from the general public we like cheap affordable and profitable makes us happy and keeps us GOING.

I have nothing against the general markup to go down and make the game more affordable. I actually want this to happen. ;)

What I don't see normal, is that MA will drop a high supply two types of rather high dps weapons which makes everything else drop in markup and desirability thus making quite a few mobs not worth hunting anymore. This is not even that bad if I knew that it will be for a limited period of time, but apparently it's forever. That's not a sign of stable economy.

Has hunting profession in EU become one mob show? :scratch2:

I have nothing against the general markup to go down and make the game more affordable. I actually want this to happen. ;)

What I don't see normal, is that MA will drop a high supply two types of rather high dps weapons which makes everything else drop in markup and desirability thus making quite a few mobs not worth hunting anymore. This is not even that bad if I knew that it will be for a limited period of time, but apparently it's forever. That's not a sign of stable economy.

Maybe you should try them, Proterons are one mob in my 3 years of playing that i have profited nearly every 2nd hunt in a team hunt and the odd solo. my game play has lasted longer than anything i have tried in game.

Hell i played for 2 weeks without depositing while i was on proterons Beat that shit.

As for BL1300 i think its already increasing in the price.. Im stocked with ones for 130% and they are already going for 142% which is around anual markup.. So they just droped for a while.. Its not like they are gonna stay at 130% anytime soon.

This is not even that bad if I knew that it will be for a limited period of time, but apparently it's forever

say that again in one month ;)

As it is true about you're more eco hunting,
if markup on you're total loot drops more then you're eco increases, does it still look so bright then?
& ubers maxed old weapons cost peds, both for the gun as the skills, so tell me.. where is you're end goal, reaching insane skill lvl to max an old ul gun while an L with req lvl 30 gives more eco& is easier to get..

first if i see my loot decrease in value i tend to change mob, and its not like i get items with that much MU all the time that it makes a different if i sell a gun with 20% less MU. But hunting with those gun sure makes aiddferent in the long run with 20% less. so u see i might use 10 guns with 20% less MU, while in that time period only loot 1 gun with also 20% less MU. so what would i prefer? duuuh :rolleyes:

and ubers getting their guns maxed cost peds u say? except back then skills gained alot faster and most of them gained lvl 100 within a few years if im not mistaking. and old UL guns still have a better eco then most L guns, if u have it maxed that is. and the goal in this game? i dunno what your goal is but mine is to get a big fat ATH :yay:

best way to fuck something good up is to post it in EF

Is this normal in a well balanced economy? :scratch2:

as it is a real cash economy, it's like in irl, so it's not a well balanced economy ;)

As for BL1300 i think its already increasing in the price.. Im stocked with ones for 130% and they are already going for 142% which is around anual markup.. So they just droped for a while.. Its not like they are gonna stay at 130% anytime soon.

Well they wont if people stock up on them and dont let a nature flow occur.

Yesterday when I checked HoF list the first 9 were proteron, then 2 leviathan and then 1 more proteron :silly2:

The thing is you dont need a big gun to loot a big gun. All you need is a big team with H400. High markup on big guns was never a symptom of perfect balance in EU economy.
We don't know the perfect balance.

Yesterday when I checked HoF list the first 9 were proteron, then 2 leviathan and then 1 more proteron :silly2:

Well they are like Atroxes were once that I remember, people see lots of globals and HoFs from them and more people hunt them -> more PEDs in the pool and more big ones dropping :D

Anyone remember what impact on economy had the opening of CP after VU10?

In a matter of days after CP open, price of ESI dropped, hl6 dropped to under 10% and the market for wools/hides/animal oils dropped with quite a few %.

At the begining I was really pissed on MA because they introduced the tax from CP to planet. I even sent a suport case to them asking to remove it. After a while I realised that the tax on auction was introduced in order to reduce the impact on economy the aurli and kreltins had. They drop all the oils, the domes are small and perfect for hunters with high dps to maximize their kill speed. Withouth auction fee, CP would be packed with hardcore campers who dump a hughe amount of stackables and ESI's on market, lowering the market value.

This is what I call good balance. A unique mob/enviroment balanced by an external factor so it doesn't affect too much the economy. Even the hl6 dropping from Aurli/krelting is a good thing. Imagine if x5 would drop in globals with the same frequency as hl6. Who would hunt with other weapons when X5 coule be bought at 130%?

But .. but ... I like it, this way !

HL11 > KorssH400 .. :yay: :cheer:

I'm not in any way, saying this is balanced .. but I'd rather hunt with an HL11 than a KorssH400, anyday. ;)

Did you notice that during the last 4 years, all new Mobs are always bigger ones? Furor, Frescoda, Elvis, Leviathan, Prots? When was the last 100HP mob introduced?
Calypsocods?

Did you notice that during the last 4 years, all new Mobs are always bigger ones? Furor, Frescoda, Elvis, Leviathan, Prots? When was the last 100HP mob introduced?

we have Elvis ?!?! :scratch: :eyecrazy: :nana:

CalypsoCod, Kerberos, and those spider bomber things are the only new mobs I could think of - that aren't that hard for a noob to kill.

Imagine if x5 would drop in globals with the same frequency as hl6. Who would hunt with other weapons when X5 coule be bought at 130%?

ME i can't use it yet....... only people it would affect are XT users as they'd have to choose which gun thus making less peds for the LUCKY few to own the BP's.

ME i can't use it yet....... only people it would affect are XT users as they'd have to choose which gun thus making less peds for the LUCKY few to own the BP's.

X5 is maxed at lvl 56 hit/dmg.

XT is maxed at lvl 73 hit/dmg.

Trust me, from 56 to 73 both in hit and dmg it's a looooong road. ;)

There are a lot more ppl with X5 maxed then with XT.

It would also affect indirectly you in many ways:
- the p5a's or apis that you craft will drop a lot in price and not because materials are cheap but because ppl won't use them anymore.
- your skills will be worth practically nothing. With X5 you gain a lot faster skills then with lower dps weapons because you can cycled more ped/hour
- wools/hides/oils will probably be back to 101% markup so you will end up tt'ing 90% of the loot again.

why the h400 price is sooo high? two words: supply+demand

If MA is unable to fix the feffs and don`t bring em back things will stay like they are now because not many ppl will want to hunt chompers to loot a h400 to increase the supply.

*and there seems to be no nice bristle spawn out there...

But now, everything is just wrong. :(

Sitram
Well everything you wrote in your start post is correct ofc. But why do you say everything is "wrong"? I mean form the perspective of a (L) hunter on his way to true mid lvl I wouldn`t say it`s "wrong". :)

I think you guys are looking at this the wrong way.

After reading this thread the only question I have is "Where is MA /FPC steering you guys." They are not lowering costs to hunt for YOUR good that is for sure. Trace it out and see what possible end game there is if this trend continues..or worse yet if it totally stops all the sudden and you are all addicted to the big dps weps.

Hrmmmm...

Back