Hmm.. wonder how good Rocktropia's lawyers are?!?

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Hmm.. wonder how good Rocktropia's and Next Island's lawyers are?!?

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

http://rocktropia.com/world-overview.html
UNLIMITED FREE ACCESS To ROCKtropia & Many Other Virtual Worlds

ROCKtropia is an online virtual planet built around music. You can access it anytime from your desktop for FREE.

ROCKtropia is an MMOG Virtual World. It’s FREE 2 download, FREE 2 Access & FREE 2 Play in at anytime with no subscription fees. Come join the immortals & party with the ROCK GODS on ROCKtropia the 1st Virtual Music World.

* FREE 2 Download
* FREE 2 Create Your Avatar
* FREE 2 PLAY
* NO CREDIT CARD REQUIRED!
* NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES EVER!

And You Can Still Earn Real Cash!

http://www.nextisland.com/next-island/
Next Island is Free2Play & Free2Download

http://www.entropiagateway.com/2010/03/latest-buzz-march-23rd/
Planets are soon to arrive and one of the great big questions is “How do we get there?”. Well, for starters you’re going to have to teleport there, with a fee. The money from this will, just as teleporting to CND and CP now, be divided between Hangar Owners.

Wonder how long it'll be before they change that website, lol. Potential for a gigantic false advertising suit there, I'd suspect?

It won't be free for the masses that already have avatars if they got to pay to get there... Unlimited free access to other planets does not sound like it includes a taxi ride fee, lol.

I know, I know, I probably sound like I'm harping on some silly little issue... but this is a huge issue. Typically when someone says something's going to be free, well, it should be free... Otherwise, it ain't free, which means someone's telling a lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
careface...

You know Rocktopia is going to separated into a couple different "Worlds" with different themes for each.

http://rocktropia.com/world-overview.html

http://www.nextisland.com/next-island/

Wonder how long it'll be before they change that website, lol. Potential for a gigantic false advertising suit there, I'd suspect?

It won't be free for the masses that already have avatars if they got to pay to get there... Unlimited free access to other planets does not sound like it includes a taxi ride fee, lol.

I know, I know, I probably sound like I'm harping on some silly little issue... but this is a huge issue. Typically when someone says something's going to be free, well, it should be free... Otherwise, it ain't free, which means someone's telling a lie.

Seems like they do have a small miscommunication lol.

Hey that's gonna be awesome, so many new places for auction zombies to hang out and bid TT on stuff. And in rocktopia there's even gonna be ACTUAL zombies! How will we tell the difference?!!? Which one's will give better loot!!1?!1?!?!1one

The game is completely free to play. No matter how much you want to argue it, you CAN technically play forever without depositing. You can earn money through sweating, picking up fruits, etc. Nothing says you HAVE to deposit to do anything, it's just easier (and MUCH faster) that way.

It is free to download, free to access, and free to play. Maybe you should check to see how good your lawyers are before you say someone is false advertising. :rolleyes:

I agree with the ppl here.Sweat =free. So the game is free. Just like life is free. Only to progress fast you can "invest" in the economy.

hmm..

sure sweating is free... but that still means there's a fee involved... To me, the unlimited in ""UNLIMITED FREE ACCESS To ROCKtropia & Many Other Virtual Worlds" means no-limits. Putting a fee on it means there's a limit.

also my undestanding is that avis created at the other planets start there. so it is free.

its only people who start in eudoria that have to pay a fee to get there.

like staring on cnd as opposed to eudoria.

I bet they're better at the law than some people here are at reading.

Access to Rocktropia is free and always will be, like access to CND and CP are free. Nothing wrong there, you only need to pay to get there.

Has anyone found out how much it is to get there yet? Only just got back and started a 2 hour download. :)

I agree with the ppl here.Sweat =free. So the game is free. Just like life is free. Only to progress fast you can "invest" in the economy.

Since when did "life" got free ;)

It's absolutely free if you dl their client and create your avatar there. Now, once you're there, like on Calypso, if you choose to travel to other planets and such, there may be a small fee.

Who knows, maybe rocktropia's "free sweating activity" will be playing air guitar or something....

It's absolutely free if you dl their client and create your avatar there. Now, once you're there, like on Calypso, if you choose to travel to other planets and such, there may be a small fee.

Who knows, maybe rocktropia's "free sweating activity" will be playing air guitar or something....

It's collecting beer cans. That was announced a long time ago. :)

See? shows you how much interest I've had in it.....

Recycling. That's gotta be good for the virtual planet....

Cost is only if you want to travel between planets.

Create your avatar in rocktropia, and never try to travel, and you never have to pay any fees.

Just like if you create your avatar on calypso and never travel.

Whats the betting there will be a free travel weekend in a few months from now. ;)

meh ill wait to see what plays out lol

sure sweating is free... but that still means there's a fee involved... To me, the unlimited in ""UNLIMITED FREE ACCESS To ROCKtropia & Many Other Virtual Worlds" means no-limits. Putting a fee on it means there's a limit.

well there you go, in your view it means somthing that is fairly obviously not the case. compare and contrast with other games, put some context on what you are reading. normally online games have a free time period then start to charge. Rocktropia is unlimited in context of the time you can access for free. other games allow you to play one part of the game for free but to transfer to others you have to start paying subscriptions. here Rocktropia is unlimited in the context that other than a small transfer game mechanism fee (which you can earn for free) the access to other areas is free.

If you want to be so literal, why dont you complain that you cant fly though the sky, the tops of steep mountains, move underground, enter other peoples apartments, etc. after all that would be literally unlimted free access wouldnt it?

support...

When the servers come back online, please remove any fees that will be in place to travel from Calypso to Rocktropia or vice versa. The reason I make this request is that Rocktropia's website indicates that there will be no travel fees between any of the planets.

http://rocktropia.com/world-overview.html says:
"UNLIMITED FREE ACCESS To ROCKtropia & Many Other Virtual Worlds"

However, entropiagate seems to indicate otherwise:
"Planets are soon to arrive and one of the great big questions is “How do we get there?”. Well, for starters you’re going to have to teleport there, with a fee. The money from this will, just as teleporting to CND and CP now, be divided between Hangar Owners."

If the fees at the TPs can't be removed, you are opening your planet partner up to what could eventually be a false advertising lawsuit. I don't really care much about the fees since my estates are on Calypso and that's where my avatar will likely stay, but this whole issue is opening a lot of potential problems for your new planet parter before the server to get to their new planet is even up for the first time.

I do think it'd be neat to trave to Rocktropia someday, but only if it's free, as Rocktropia's website advertised it would be.

Entropia Universe Support:

Thank you very much for reporting this discrepancy.

Indeed there is a fee to teleport between Rocktropia and Planet Calypso as it was posted in Entropia Gateway, however we have forwarded your feedback concerning the fees to the design team.

We have also notified the Rocktropia web team about the text and hopefully this mistake will be corrected soon.

We thank you for helping us improve Entropia Universe and for promptly reporting this issue.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Guess we'll see what the design teams do... It'd probably be easiest for them to just reword the website to say "for a small fee" instead of "free"... but if they do that... does that mean they are admitting that it was false advertising?!?... Apparently the Support Team thinks it was a mistake... I'm no lawyer, and really don't care much. Just tell the truth when you advertise stuff... If you are going to say something is FREE, at least verify that it really is FREE.

a transportation fee is different than free gameplay. I am not a lawyer but i am sure a good one could argue their way out of this one.

Hehe

When I see something like "UNLIMITED FREE ACCESS" - deep down inside i KNOW something WILL cost me a bunch and try to avoid such places.

I.

P.S.

Needless to say - If I came into a MMO which wanted to take my first 3$ to teleport me somewhere while claming free unlimited access -> id gladly say -> thank you and goodbye ;)

you supose to be abel to create an avatar in rocktropia...So access there is free...

Wow, that's a huge fail...

Suppose we will see a difference on the webpage really soon (if not already corrected?).. I hope so at least...

Failfailfailfail

you supose to be abel to create an avatar in rocktropia...So access there is free...
Are you allowed to have more then one avater in Entropia Univers? If not, it's only "free" for people not allready playing.

Back