• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alice

Slayer
Society
Rising Potentials
Alice in Wonderland
heyas :)

as you prolly guessed already, i am not fairly fond of the space lootable pvp thing either
but, since i try to be open minded, i thought about it
based on the fact that Kim at EF said, its all about risk
and quite some pk ppl will argue that they do it for the kick of having to risk their loot

i think it is time, to give them that risk
i base it also on the fact that anyone who want to pk in a lootable zone, doesnt risk more than a normal hunter, miner or space pilot
e.g. their ship and their toxic shot
they would be actually pretty stupid to go in with resources that could be looted when they want to fight other ppl and possibly lose it, wouldnt it

now here, the risk comes in

my proposal is basically this
anyone who want to loot someone else in pvp, must have say, 100 ped of lootable stuff in inventory
to make things a bit more spicy for them

now, how would that effect the pvp effect, especially in space?
especially the more prominent pkers or groups of pkers would suddenly become an actual target, more then ever before
and thus give them more chance for the fighting they seem to long for (also a definite loot, which is imo the reason why they go to lootable pvp and shoot ppl, not the risk)
because now, there is a reason for ppl to go after -them- or defend way more aggressively against them
thus, it probably would increase the fun for everyone, as we are all after risks, wouldnt it

could be interesting in space with the karma now too
all of a sudden, the neutral ships, who basically want to have their peace would be there
possibly good ships (pkers) going for the evil (pkers) ships and the other way
and you could possibly even manage some good versus evil thing there, wouldnt you

anyway, just a thought which crossed my mind :)

(guess i also base it a bit on fairness)

happy discussing :=)

edit with something i posted later, kinda an addition

could even make it more more advanced
say to loot someone else you need at least 100 ped in inventory, thus allows you to loot someone you killed
but just up to 100 ped
if you want more loot, you need more stackables on you
e.g. if you want 200 ped loot in total, gotta bring 200 ped with you, else your loot is capped at the total tt of stackables you have

that would make things more spicy, especially in space for traders
who wouldnt lose like 2000 ped of stuff if they are killed for example, but just (at least) 100, so maybe they come out with a blue eye
if the pker wanted the 2000, he gotta risk 2k himself, but at least 100
afterall, he is the agressor

Last edited:
I think its a great idea:yay:
You cant initiate combat without 100 peds of loot in your inventory but you can defend at any time.
That would make pvpers think twice about who they attack.
Thieving murderers who spend all day in lootable pvp deserve to loose something if they take on the wrong ships.

I think its a good idea, if you plan to attack in PvP you must have 100Ped TT of stackables in your inventory. So if the tables turn and you defeat your attacker, you are rewarded.

Cheers
Bjorn

or be shamed in public...

So hunter, miner cannot enter unless he has 100 ped stackables in his inventory??

PS: Sorry, but the idea is stupid from my point of view.

So hunter, miner cannot enter unless he has 100 ped stackables in his inventory??

No..you can not initiate combat with another ship in pvp without 100peds worth of stackables in your inventory.
you can still fly around wherever you want and do what ever you want:wise:

Now that would be just fair! Good idea :)

nonono

enter they can
i mean loot

say you kill someone in pvp4, you dont have 100 ped stackables, you dont loot the guy you killed either
same for space for that matter

as it looks atm, again at the pvp4 example
you are a miner, got an anti toxic shot, go mine there and are shot, you lose your toxic shot and your stuff
the pker who set out for you, also got a toxic shot, but no loot (until the kill) whatsoever
so the risk is higher for the miner than the hunter

could even make it more more advanced
say to loot someone else you need at least 100 ped in inventory, thus allows you to loot someone you killed
but just up to 100 ped
if you want more loot, you need more stackables on you
e.g. if you want 200 ped loot in total, gotta bring 200 ped with you, else your loot is capped at the total tt of stackables you have

that would make things more spicy, especially in space for traders
who wouldnt lose like 2000 ped of stuff if they are killed for example, but just (at least) 100, so maybe they come out with a blue eye
if the pker wanted the 2000, he gotta risk 2k himself, but at least 100
afterall, he is the agressor

the normal miner, hunter, pilot, would prolly not bother to bring the 100 ped to loot someone, as they are just after "their thing", so they would just risk their loot/stuff they had brought anyway
(ofc, still with spaceship/toxic shot)

edit, especially in space that could be spicy as pker
for longer pirate trips, you would need more stackables, else you have to fly back more (time and fuel consumption)

and thus, all of a sudden, you wouldnt necessarily have the normal suspects
like hunter, trader, pker after their stuff
suddenly the pker would get an interesting target themselves and thus generate the battle they seem to want
no?

ofc, its also a bit different then, if people suddenly have to risk something worthy, instead of being on a way safer side than their prey

Last edited:
I understood it, i am on the PKers side ladies.

So miner can go and mine his ass off, but PKer needs to risk 100 ped? ehm...

There is nothing unfair now as it is, you are going to PVP4 because you want minerals with MU.

It sux when people who never tried to hunt green dots down in PVP4 are complaining about lootable areas system.

If you are being looted , you are just bad and you should not go there... Its basically very, very hard to loot a GD.

I also want to add that the pool is not gonna yield any results.

There is around 5% PKers and 95% of people who wants free himi....

There is nothing unfair now as it is, you are going to PVP4 because you want minerals with MU.

It sux when people who never tried to hunt green dots down in PVP4 are complaining about lootable areas system.

If you are being looted , you are just bad and you should not go there... Its basically very, very hard to loot a GD.
jep
how is it fair at the moment
the miner usually doesnt stand a chance
best he can do is smash the finder over the pkers head
he is risking his resources and his toxic shot

hunter is similar, although he may have the resources to fight back
still, risking loot and toxic shot

the pker tends to have pk equipment, armor against the standard weapons and guns which can kill you in 1-3 shots
risking the toxic shot and what?
the loot? if he stays out for longer yes, but against whom
hunters? miners? other pkers?
so mostly the latter i guess

however, if you wanted to go out to loot other ppl and would need some stackables in your inventory to back your looting up
suddenly the pker would become a viable target too

that could make pvp more lively, with ppl shooting back
of course more risky for the pker too, but thats what all pkers want when they enter pvp4, no?
not an always looting mob without much risk to themselves?

atm the "reward" to kill a pker is kinda 0
as miner or hunter, even if you manage, you dont have much of it (if you count with toxic shot compensation, the pker gets that too)
the pker has a way higher possible reward with a way lower risk
and that isnt fair as such :)

edit
note that it isnt just about pvp4, could as well make it 20 ped fee there
it is also about space and other zones and a general fairness

edit 2
what would this system disable
you could still go there to loot markup stuff
but you could also go there to loot a funky pker :)

Last edited:
jep
how is it fair at the moment
the miner usually doesnt stand a chance
best he can do is smash the finder over the pkers head
he is risking his resources and his toxic shot

hunter is similar, although he may have the resources to fight back
still, risking loot and toxic shot

the pker tends to have pk equipment, armor against the standard weapons and guns which can kill you in 1-3 shots
risking the toxic shot and what?
the loot? if he stays out for longer yes, but against whom
hunters? miners? other pkers?
so mostly the latter i guess

however, if you wanted to go out to loot other ppl and would need some stackables in your inventory to back your looting up
suddenly the pker would become a viable target too

that could make pvp more lively, with ppl shooting back
of course more risky for the pker too, but thats what all pkers want when they enter pvp4, no?
not an always looting mob without much risk to themselves?

atm the "reward" to kill a pker is kinda 0
as miner or hunter, even if you manage, you dont have much of it (if you count with toxic shot compensation, the pker gets that too)
the pker has a way higher possible reward with a way lower risk
and that isnt fair as such :)

edit
note that it isnt just about pvp4, could as well make it 20 ped fee there
it is also about space and other zones and a general fairness

The Lootable PVP should be thrilling and risky...

Have you ever tried to find and loot a GD? It might take hours of cruising the PVP to find one, then that guy just recall his vehicle...

As for how it is with lootable PVP now, its pretty much even... You dont loot anything else then ammo from miners, the same they can loot from you..

I think you get stuck in some cave and havent been in PVP4 for some years...

EDIT: Also the PKer is not there to find high MU ores... Do you understand?? The reward for miner are these ores... The pker just get TT ammo and it usually dont even cover the cost of bullets..

Come on, the fact you saw 4 PK globals on forum does not mean that PKers are killing and looting miners every day...
To loot a miner for some ores is something like christmas that happens once a year...

The person being attacked gets nothing for successfully defending and killing the attacker who isn't carrying anything, why shouldn't they get a reward?

As Alice states, it's entirely one sided. Why shouldn't the pk'er risk something as well other than their pride.

Also another post..

Where did you took that PVP4 should be accessible for everybody?? For all miners??

Buy a gear, and go and profit from high MU ores... The ores would not have the MU they have if everybody would just go inside and have everything..

You really seems to dont understand the role of PKers in MU of ores..

The person being attacked gets nothing for successfully defending and killing the attacker who isn't carrying anything, why shouldn't they get a reward?

Another "mr.i have never been in PVP"

You should know that miners are using vehicles and are recalling them to storage right when they see the GD

There is like 2% chance that you loot miner from his ores.. You either have to jump on his head and be quick or he must be the dumbest miner

EDIT: And as i said in previous post, both PKer and Miner in current situation as it is get the same loot.. The ammo from toxic shot

The Lootable PVP should be thrilling and risky...
Have you ever tried to find and loot a GD? It might take hours of cruising the PVP to find one, then that guy just recall his vehicle...
jep
and with pkers who goes in right away with resources he can lose, instead of being on the safe side for quite a while, it becomes more risky and thrilling, no?
and no, never tried to kill a green dot in lootable pvp, but that would leave to some kind of robbery discussion i dont want to bring the thread into nor did i search for them therefore

As for how it is with lootable PVP now, its pretty much even... You dont loot anything else then ammo from miners, the same they can loot from you..
as pker you loot their resources
if you get killed as pker they loot your...
wait, you brought nothing with you nor scored a kill with a loot yet (as you didnt find a green dot before nor killed it, as its hard, as you state yourself)
so nothing?
so they risk their resources and you risk nothing? (both risk toxic shots)

I think you get stuck in some cave and havent been in PVP4 for some years...
about a year since ive been to pvp4 :)
does it matter for the discussion?

EDIT: Also the PKer is not there to find high MU ores... Do you understand?? The reward for miner are these ores... The pker just get TT ammo and it usually dont even cover the cost of bullets..
ah, the pker doesnt loot the high markup ores then
or rather, he gives them back right after the kill and the miner (as example) gives him the same tt in ammo?

Come on, the fact you saw 4 PK globals on forum does not mean that PKers are killing and looting miners every day...
To loot a miner for some ores is something like christmas that happens once a year...
time for my opinion :)

i dont care if pkers are after globals, nor if they get globals nor how many
this is a thing about fairness in risk taking
the pker goes out, not for the thrill, the risk or other shit
they go out to get an always looting mob so to speak, in the best case with markup (imo)
do they succeed? i dont give a shit
do the risk the same as them? no

they are all happy when MA/FPC/SDS whomever manages to bring ppl infront of their cannons with some twisting (like all SIB fap production in pvp4, having to cross lootable pvp in space) where they have the upper hand with risking way less
and that is unfair, which is the point
not (just) pvp, lootable pvp generally

of course it sucks that the normal player suddenly has to cross lootable space to get to other planets and they complain
the pkers rejoice, more cannon fooder finally
see how you complain now, that there is something which could possibly bad for the poor pker side?
suddenly they had to risk something too and could possibly be the one to be hunted (hey, there is thrill and risk for the pker!)
so the sides may not be turned, but made a bit more even

so if it is for thrill and risk and all that shit, carring stuff actually improves that
and thus it could actually make the whole thing more lively
pkers getting more prey too that way (and being a useful target for once too)
if its about always looting mob without less risk then them, ofc it doesnt

and yet again, it isnt just about pvp4, its about space as well, lootable pvp in general rather

As Alice states, it's entirely one sided. Why shouldn't the pk'er risk something as well other than their pride.
jeps

I'm not a pker, nor a pvp miner/hunter so my opinion is neutral.

I don't think your idea would work, but keeping the same idea this is my proposition:
The more players you've killed (spree) the more of the stuff you looted you would have to keep in your inventory - thus keeping both the thrill and risk for the pkers too.

Yeah, 1 year is 1 year ;)

Do you know about that "Recall Vehicle" button?

Now go and loot a miner from ores.. If you will post a screenshot within one year i will vote yes for your idea :D

Yeah, 1 year is 1 year ;)

Do you know about that "Recall Vehicle" button?

Now go and loot a miner from ores.. If you will post a screenshot within one year i will vote yes for your idea :D
i dont pk :p

im a melee player mostly and a tad of a miner :p
should i throw my swords? :D

Also another post..

Where did you took that PVP4 should be accessible for everybody??..

So your saying that Space should only be for PKers and those brave enough to venture out there?if you dont want to be looted dont go?
Space should be for everyone to explore freely.not another ped draining area for MA or who ever the F@@@ they are atm.
This whole idea of all space being open slather for PKers just sux.
Some reward for successfully defending yourself from professional pkers sounds just fine to me.
you want to loot 100 ped from me you have to put up the same stakes.
PVP space is fine with me the same as PVP4 but just not all of it.

or be shamed in public...

You and your public shaming! You make me want to become a pirate just so I can pirate the dung out of you! (Or, most likely, die trying.)

:shower:

Just make it so ammo is lootable from anyone. PKers, if they die, lose their shot + the ammo they were carrying. Miners still have more risk if they have any minerals because minerals have a MU while ammo does not. Now the PKers have to risk SOMETHING and dont get to just run around looking for cheap profit.

Just make it so ammo is lootable from anyone. PKers, if they die, lose their shot + the ammo they were carrying. Miners still have more risk if they have any minerals because minerals have a MU while ammo does not. Now the PKers have to risk SOMETHING and dont get to just run around looking for cheap profit.

Now this is interesting :) ( even i am saying nay, but its interesting )

I can't talk about space because I haven't been there yet, but I can definitely talk about lootable PvP. And one thing is for sure, you all seem to believe that PvP miners are poor abused souls that are only there for the amusement of the PKers. You are SOOOO wrong.

First off, every PvP miner that's spent more than 5 hours in a lootable zone and isn't a complete idiot is almost GUARANTEED profit. Look at EVERY mining log done by avatars that mine in PvP - Mathos, Vigi, etc, they have AMAZING returns due to markup, and almost NEVER getting looted. In fact, all the people that 'agree' with you, probably haven't spent more than 2 hours in the past year in a lootable zone.

Secondly, PKing isn't a super profitable profession where you can just steal money from everyone. In order to even have a reliable chance of even WINNING a fight, you need to drop THOUSANDS (or even tens of thousands) of PED on PK gear (not even including the skills required to use it). Then you actually need to FIND people, of which its even hard to find people in non-PvP.. You could spend HOURS patrolling the red zones without finding a SINGLE green dot, and when you do find one, 3/4 times they're just another PKer. Then when you actually DO find someone, you have to actually catch them. With the advent of vehicles, every miner either has a VTOL or a pitbull. With VTOLs, they can just fly straight up and are already too far into the air before you can even see them anywhere but on the edge of the radar. And in the case of pitbulls, they're nearly impossible to kill (1800 hp would take ~20 seconds with a strong PK gun to destroy, and cost 7-10 PED after markup, not to mention if they're not a complete moron they'd just drive away).

So you finally find someone after a few hours of searching, and get incredibly lucky and get close to destroying their vehicle, or find a miner without a vehicle. Then they just send their vehicle with all their loot to storage and you kill them. Great, you've killed a miner. You spent hours searching for him, 5-10 PED to destroy his vehicle, and get 1 PED of ammo back because his loot is STILL SAFE.

The PK profession has been nerfed over and over since VU10 came out. It is deader than a stupid miner. It does NOT need nerfing even more.

Now about space, again, I haven't been there and I have no oppinion, but don't touch my lootable zones, ESPECIALLY if you haven't even been there.

Thanks,

Jacker.

You could spend HOURS patrolling the red zones without finding a SINGLE green dot, and when you do find one, 3/4 times they're just another PKer.

This change would mean that the PK'er that you found had some resources on him, surely that's a bonus, and incidentally if cost is such an issue and mining there is so profitable, then why not become one?

This change would mean that the PK'er that you found had some resources on him, surely that's a bonus, and incidentally if cost is such an issue and mining there is so profitable, then why not become one?

Every PKer I know in PvP4 already mine or hunt there, as you're just wasting your time otherwise... I'm 3rd top hunter of all time for Muluk-hir, and used to be top hunter for mulmun as well. I'm also around level 29 prospecting and 27 surveying from almost exclusively mining in lootable PvP.

And PKers usually don't fight each other because you're just wasting ammo, and nobody wins in the long run.

Guys,
To be honest. Planets is for non PKer, Space is for PKers. PKers will tax your travel to space. You dont want, stay on the planet and we will add our percent to MUs. You want, either become a PKer (long way, I assure you) or pay PKers..

Dont be upset, we finaly have a place to play.
Ah, and btw, IMO, if you are not a pker and you dont have a strong group of pkers behind you, stop bidding on mother ships, cause you will end with a big beacon you payed too much.., just my 2 cents.

We will hunt you, kill you and loot you if possible.
Stay on planet!

Back