"I will kill you in RL!"

so many people being so serious, jesus people sticks and stones, get over it all ready, get a life its only text
To you, it might be. To others, it might not be. As any psychologist will tell you, words CAN hurt more then either sticks or stones. Also, in today's world, you can and should be watching your words, especially online. Many new laws are out there!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_bullying

The proposed federal law would make it illegal to use electronic means to "coerce, intimidate, harass or cause other substantial emotional distress."

There's already a few state laws out that are similar to that... and even if the person doing the cyber bullying does nothing IRL, they can still be seen as a criminal, and in some cases, it could become a felony offense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Megan_Meier

anyway, back on topic

I wonder why anyone would bring virtual life problems into RL, RL is already too much complicated :confused:

To you, it might be. To others, it might not be. As any psychologist will tell you, words CAN hurt more then either sticks or stones. Also, in today's world, you can and should be watching your words, especially online. Many new laws are out there!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_bullying

if "I will kill you in RL!" is hurtfull and/or disturbing to people over the internet, if this is disturbing to anyone then you shouldnt be in contact with any general public or be let loose on-line as it sounds like you may have mental issues just as much as the person saying it.

Aaw it's only an expression? :( I thought it was part of the latest plan to please Lootius! :yay:

Actually that involves the volcano and 9 vestal virgins ;)

On topic: Report his ass. You don't have to be the one referred to.

I say report 'em, lock 'em and boot 'em.

Agreed.

Also, I don't find Ahmed funny. It is an endemic symptom of 2 cultures that cannot understand that the majority of their core beliefs are in congruence. Tis just money that gets in the way. But that would be getting political and EF is not the place for this.

Ban and delete the idiot.

so many people being so serious, jesus people sticks and stones, get over it all ready, get a life its only text :rolleyes:

if "I will kill you in RL!" is hurtfull and/or disturbing to people over the internet, if this is disturbing to anyone then you shouldnt be in contact with any general public or be let loose on-line as it sounds like you may have mental issues just as much as the person saying it.

I really beg to differ Cyber ... and as one who has worked in the psychological profession for many years, these things are very real, and can have devastating results. Prior to switching to my teaching career at the college, I was a counselor, and dealt with many families who had these very issues as a result of internet bullying and harassment, not to mention threats where twice a person tracked down one of the individuals from the internet and there was trouble.

It's not just text ... and it's not just pixels on a monitor ... someone's behavior in a virtual environment can have just as much impact as it does IRL. You may be able to handle this sort of dysfunctional behavior, but there are plenty of those who can't. Everyone's intellectual, psychological, and emotional makeup is not the same, and I don't find any of this funny either.

I agree with mastermesh ... laws are changing as a result of the unfortunate tragedies that have happened, and they need to change. If you aren't disturbed by any of this, and don't care about the potential negative effects of this type of behavior, then that's your choice ... I have a feeling there are more who do care.

exactley it effects them mentaly, they may be the ones that have the mental issues not just the ones that say it....

and if these people don't have their names public on MA or EF site or any contact info linkable or traceable to stuff such as Social comunity websites then they have nothing to worry about, if this is the case then it IS only words and text, if they do put their contact info and personal details out there, then i must say its their fualt for doing so, if you dont want to be a real target then cover your tracks into your personal life aside of EU Gaming life.

Advice - if the actions of another gamer is making you uncomfortable, please contact support.

Same as with whatshisname boobjuice wet-something: unless reported, noone official will adress the percieved problem.

he should probly go to the gym bulk up get a gun licence and wait for him.

exactley it effects them mentaly, they may be the ones that have the mental issues not just the ones that say it....

and if these people don't have their names public on MA or EF site or any contact info linkable or traceable to stuff such as Social comunity websites then they have nothing to worry about, if this is the case then it IS only words and text, if they do put their contact info and personal details out there, then i must say its their fualt for doing so, if you dont want to be a real target then cover your tracks into your personal life aside of EU Gaming life.

It's a misconception Cyber ... you can take the most sound individual, but continual bullying and harassment that interferes with their normal life can take it's toll, especially if they mind their own business and are not instigators ... it's not rocket science ... and no one is immune from the effects of this type of treatment. It has nothing to do with mental issues whatsoever. There are a variety of variables that come into play in situations like this, and you have no idea what an individual's life has been like. It's not a one-size fits all.

Same as with whatshisname boobjuice wet-something: unless reported, noone official will adress the percieved problem.

A death threat is a bit more serious..
I would just laugh it off, but unfortunately MA responded to complaints made by the big ass babies that cried about the boobjuicywet name.
This only shows MA cannot perceive the difference trivial whiney baby crying and serious complaints.

Dude I bet you blame a !!!! victim too. grrrrrrrr

Tis a sad day when this happens. :mad:

I would like to apologize on the behalf of The United States Marine Corps for such an individual threatening death via a video game and slandering the Marines in the same conversation.

Why do I apologize? I served in the Marines. While the Marine Corps bestows us with certain attributes to handle ourselves quite well, some people in the uniform misuse their mind, mouth and muscle. I apologize because for those of you out there who have not met a Marine before, and this was your first occasion you heard of us, you might have gotten the absolute wrong impression about Marines. 99.9% of us don't run our socks like that. We have a quiet pride that the title Marine speaks for us. In being a Marine, we should also be credible ambassidors for our country.

Thanks for reading this if you did, and Semper Fidelis!

Geo

I recently watched and experienced the most terrible harassment at Swamp Camp. Probably one of the worst cases I've ever seen in EU. He was harassing several players and wouldn't stop for anything. Constantly jumping in their faces, saying all kinds of stuff, and it went on for hours. People would leave in the hopes that he'd stop, he didn't and would just go to another player. People stopped healing players there in the hopes that the peer pressure would work. It didn't.

He eventually said to my friend, give me ammo or I'll keep doing this until you want to kill yourself. So, support cases were sent by several people and it seems that he was locked pretty quickly but last night he was on again with another avatar doing the same thing. Childish behavior is something that usually can be dealt with and / or ignored but this was over the top. Was nice that he was locked so quickly. Can only hope that there's a permanent lock somehow or if it continues MA / FPC take the appropriate actions with his ISP to identify him and prevent him into EU. It's sad people are this way on the Internet thinking they are anonymous. Guess it just shows how stupid they really are.

Yep, screenshots (date, time and place stamps help!) sent to support work so that would be my advice as everyone else has stated also.

Dude I bet you blame a !!!! victim too. grrrrrrrr

where did i blame any victim???

it takes 2 people not just 1, is this the first inctance for the victim or is this continous, is this the first time the person has ever said that?

did the OP miss half of a conversation that had been going on for minutes before, hours before a continueing period of time over days or even weeks that realy the person that made the "i will kill you" comment as you seen it was actualy the one being targeted and just fliped???

all we see here is black and white what the OP stated not the true facts of everything and thats 1 thing we will probably never get to know unless anyone has unedited chat logs...

I agree ... that all details are not known, and we are only being told one side of the story ... however, it still doesn't excuse the behavior, nor making a statement to someone that you will kill them IRL ... whether it was once, or a dozen times.

Still this discussion is going on? :laugh:

I really don't see why all of you ppl , putting so much time commenting on something so not worthy of your time.

Does that guy saying "I'll Kill you IRL" actually knows what he means?

Ifhe does and ifknows that person's IRL estate and if he actually decides to act like that IRL ...THEN i would really start worry about it. But there are way too many IF in a case like this, and i don't see it coming.

Like a very very nice Greek wise said : " A dog that barks, never bites" ;)

Irrelevant. Not knowing the law is not a valid defense.

If the person voicing the death threat turns out to not understand the meaning of it, he's what's known to be "legally insane" and should be put in an institution until appointed personnel (basically the doctors and above, appointed to judge fitness to return to society) says the person can be returned to general poulation without fear of harm to others.

Else, the person should be tried under the relevant jurisdiction. In sweden this is a criminal offense. Other nations or states may have different views on the crime or penalties for it.

Please don't try to excuse anyone committing a death threat.

This is similar to the "omfg I don't want my real name seen online!".
It's obvious to me that those of you who worry about this sort of rubbish (kill threats online... seriously?) are incredibly limited in your experience of the internet.

I don't even want to try and count how many times someone has threatened me online, while knowing my real name, address etc.. etc... WITH ZERO CONSEQUENCES.
Go play WoW, you'll soon see what abuse really is lol...

Grow up. It was some moron making baseless threats. It's not important and does not matter at all.

Logically, there is no way that the person making the threat could carry it out unless the accuser told them some intimate person details, in which case, it's their own damn fault.

Either way - this is the internet, it's safer than crossing the road... unless you make some silly disclosures.

And if anyone is going to file a support case, it should be the person who was abused, not the self-righteous community vigilantes.

Sure, there's been incidents of people being killed over online squabbles... but people die from choking on chocolate, should we outlaw chocolate now?
Pfft... I absolutely hate PC people. Too sensitive to stupid shet.

Last edited:
It's obvious to me that those of you who worry about this sort of rubbish (kill threats online... seriously?) are incredibly limited in your experience of the internet.

I don't even want to try and count how many times someone has threatened me online, while knowing my real name, address etc.. etc... WITH ZERO CONSEQUENCES.

Grow up. It was some moron making baseless threats. It's not important and does not matter at all.

Logically, there is no way that the person making the threat could carry it out unless the accuser told them some intimate person details, in which case, it's their own damn fault.

Either way - this is the internet, it's safer than crossing the road... unless you make some silly disclosures.

And if anyone is going to file a support case, it should be the person who was abused, not the self-righteous community vigilantes.

Sure, there's been incidents of people being killed over online squabbles... but people die from choking on chocolate, should we outlaw chocolate now?

Are you not a bit too sensitive now ?
th_1sm018rofl.gif

To the OP, screenshot and file a support case. ;)

Are you not a bit too sensitive now ?
th_1sm018rofl.gif

To the OP, screenshot and file a support case. ;)

lol touche!
I just get frustrated at scaremongering on the internet, because I am actively involved in e-commerce.
Now to kill my sensitivity... where's those Tramadols? lol...

Ok, like chill folks. I aint killing nooooobody lol.

But i was like just standing around when i saw in the public chat some guy ( name with held) threatened to kill the other ava in real life!. Like the one dude said something about being a marine and being totally real and shit. The other ava just laughed it off. But im just thinking how, often does shit like this happen and what can those threatened actually do about it. Surely people cant go making threats like that. What if i ever decided to speak my mind in game on a heavily intoxicated evening lol

Makes me just a little worried about playing this game to be honest :(

He is probably a minor, about a 13 year old boy who things hes tough shit and is nerd raging. Support case his ass, and join in mocking him so hopefully he goes and hangs himself tonight :). I highly doubt hes a marine in real life and if he is that attitude will probably get him shot in real life by either the opfor, or his own side.
Those threatened can support case them, and almost invariably, especially if the offender is a new player and hasn't built up any presence in the game, will be BANNED. I know this because one of my younger friends was crying in real life after getting the banhammer in EU after doing something similar. I punched him in the face, his dad tried to sue me but could prove nothing, and I moved on with my life. Not the best way to handle it, but I lost my own self control hearing him come whining to me over it.

I once reported my parrot for harassing my dog, got prove and all, but the fbi told me they cant do anything about it ..

[YOUTUBE]IybiWcEcCoU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I disagree. A death threat is a death threat, whether online, face to face, or made up of letters cut out of a newspaper.
Profit said:

I'm glad to hear that you're still around anyway :) However it only takes one person to mean it once ...
Profit said:

I disagree with this too. Here on EF someone has a sig which tells you your IP address, OS, browser and a couple of other details about your PC - so just how anonymous are you?
And there's been a recent case where Blizzard(?) wanted people to use their RL names on their forum, one person did so to 'prove' how there was nothing to worry about. But within 15 minutes people had posted his address, phone number and a number of other personal details.
Profit said:
Now that I do agree with :)
Profit said:
Sorry but that's a stupid comparison.
One example is one person actively and deliberately, with malice aforethought, ending another person's life; the other is a silly but tragic accident.

Dude!!!

Still this discussion is going on? :laugh:

I really don't see why all of you ppl , putting so much time commenting on something so not worthy of your time.

Ifhe does and ifknows that person's IRL estate and if he actually decides to act like that IRL ...THEN i would really start worry about it. But there are way too many IF in a case like this, and i don't see it coming.

Like a very very nice Greek wise said : " A dog that barks, never bites" ;)

Have you ever owned a dog or been bit by one? I just have to ask, because having worked as a dog groomer, there are the bark bitters and then the silent but deadly bitters. You get to know a dog bite in that business. Yes sir rhee. So that statement about dog barks was definitely not writen by a real doggie person.

It's still Cyberbullying and in some areas it's against the law.

Actually those who witnessed this threat still should report it.. and for good reason..

First off this violates the ToS that is spelled out in the EULA. And if you want me to quote exactly where, I will:

Rule 8d of the ToS:
You may not take any action, post, communicate, upload or otherwise use any content, including text, images and sounds, that MindArk, at its sole and absolute discretion determines to be sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually offensive, hateful, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, harassing or threatening to another person or organization or otherwise objectionable. This includes communications in the Entropia Universe and in any other website or forum with connection to the Entropia Universe.

There it is, right in plain view.

Now I've highlighted this because to be honest this is a form of what is known as 'cyberbullying' and thus could be in some international regions (most notably in the United States specifically) a form of a crime. After all in today's "Cyber-society" 'cyberbullying' is a faceless and victimless crime. And if you ever did a research of what is out there in the news, it appears that cyberbullying is a rampant and out of control issue at the moment, and because of it some people are committing suicide, or in some cases receiving death threats not only to themselves but to other family members in which some people have to seek help from law enforcement agents. (most notably recently is a case of an 11 year old girl who acted immature, and in the end it's her that is seeking protection.. from the police) Yet if you ever see one of her videos she herself abuses the people threatening her. So in a way Cyberbullying is a two way street here.

Furthermore, by making this threat, the person who made this threat to the other avatar/player can be in a way banned from the game (and more than likely permanently. And if it was in fact a person who was in the United States who made this threat, they could be traced down and be charged with cyberbullying which is in some ways can be construed as a felony. (And even though the rules on cyberbullying are still being developed. It's interesting to note that people who do this kind of thing really need help, desperately.

So what to do? I would say report this incident to MA, and let MA deal with this issue. Because eventually incidents will occur and some people already have died because of cyberbullying even though no one has actually raised a physical attack against anyone in RL.

So yes, Report the abuser and lock him down. He got rude, obnoxious, and threatening.. anyway you cut it, It's still cyberbullying.

End of story.

Benjamin Ben Coyote

Last edited:
And there's been a recent case where Blizzard(?) wanted people to use their RL names on their forum, one person did so to 'prove' how there was nothing to worry about. But within 15 minutes people had posted his address, phone number and a number of other personal details.

Hey what can I say, you make some good points! However with regard to the quote, this is what I was trying to point out in the other thread.
Sure certain info can be pulled up, but it's all public anyway, regardless of anything you may do or say.
All that information is freely available to anyone who wants to find it, regardless of any disclosures. Some script kiddy on here tried to show how scary he was by bringing up the same info on me when I challenged him, all the while forgetting that that information is exactly what I said he'd be able to find.
When challenged to do something, ANYTHING, that actually had some form of effect or impact on my life, he failed. Most of what he posted is as easy as googling for (companies information, public registrars, etc...).
I've been heavy online for over 15 years and one thing you realise after a while, is that all these things that people get sensitive over, are really not worth getting upset over. If anything, reacting to these things gives the perpetrator the feeling they won by scaring or annoying you.

Just realise it's a kid, or an adult with a kids intelligence, that's tryna troll... and move on.

Good post though I must say, Red! Sometimes I can post stuff without thinking it all through... and then someone like you sheds light :D

nb: I was a script kiddy idiot when I was younger until I realised how stupid it was to fake myself into thinking I was some kind of hacker, so I do have some understanding of what is and isn't possible, at least at an amateur level (which 95% of these people are, amateur script kiddies).

Hey what can I say, you make some good points! However with regard to the quote, this is what I was trying to point out in the other thread.
Sure certain info can be pulled up, but it's all public anyway, regardless of anything you may do or say.
All that information is freely available to anyone who wants to find it, regardless of any disclosures. Some script kiddy on here tried to show how scary he was by bringing up the same info on me when I challenged him, all the while forgetting that that information is exactly what I said he'd be able to find.
When challenged to do something, ANYTHING, that actually had some form of effect or impact on my life, he failed. Most of what he posted is as easy as googling for (companies information, public registrars, etc...).
I've been heavy online for over 15 years and one thing you realise after a while, is that all these things that people get sensitive over, are really not worth getting upset over. If anything, reacting to these things gives the perpetrator the feeling they won by scaring or annoying you.

Just realise it's a kid, or an adult with a kids intelligence, that's tryna troll... and move on.

Good post though I must say, Red! Sometimes I can post stuff without thinking it all through... and then someone like you sheds light :D

nb: I was a script kiddy idiot when I was younger until I realised how stupid it was to fake myself into thinking I was some kind of hacker, so I do have some understanding of what is and isn't possible, at least at an amateur level (which 95% of these people are, amateur script kiddies).

i didnt fail my freind....

Back