FYI: Interview with David Dobson

aj502

Old Alpha
Society
The MotorBoating Chinesers
aj502 "HellRoach" Budweiser
Hey everyone!
I am going to be chatting with David Dobson about the new VU on Arkadia coming up on www.AtlasHavenRadio.com.

I haven't quite got the time setup with him but we are looking to shoot for Friday 7pm PST or after.
Maybe Sat after Wof, but I don't want to keep the guy up super late or anything...

I know this is very short notice (it was for me as well), but shout out any comments, suggestions, wishes and/or questions you got for the man and I'll be sure to relay them to him.

POST VU CHAT
CONFIRMED for Dec 7 @ 3:00 MA

Thanks and may the HoF be with ya!

Tippin'
-aj502

Last edited:
7pm PST is xx MA time?
As we all know MA time ;)

After all this time, I still get FUBAR with MA time...I'm ptretty sure it's +7 from PST.
:p

Nothing confirmed yet but when it is, I'll definately do MA time.
:)

Tippin'

After all this time, I still get FUBAR with MA time...I'm ptretty sure it's +7 from PST.
:p

Nothing confirmed yet but when it is, I'll definately do MA time.

Tippin'
Yep it is +7 to UTC which is what I think MA uses.. for some reason I always for get!! ;)

Any plans for Unlimited Armor plates either looted or crafted from bps?

Can we please correct the loot on Huon they loot the most terrible loot on the planet for difficulty, yuka could also use a loot makeover, the youngs drop asi20 jungle and much lesser mobs like nusul drop asi40 or better

can we get asi50's and ark50 or other larger weapons to come in a larger supply the drop rate of these items is below poor.

Any plans for new vehicles?

Can we please please get the oratan looter as a normal mob instead of as a boss. Its roughly equal to fighting somthing like a huon but with more health.

Can we expand the size of the oratan camps, they are a bit flawed, the size of the camp is too small and the mobs are range shooting mobs so as soon as they spawn you have the entire spawn right on top of u. Thats not so good when doing the higher lv spawns.

Any plans for another crafting global event like last year where there was a list of bps and if you globaled a certain amount or more you got the next bp on the list as a reward people were allowed to win 3x on the last event like that.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Suggestion

Rapid action crossbow. as a main weapon maybe 70/min shots at around 60m or more or less, would be very popular either as laser,plasma or blp..

Any plans for launchers or grenade launchers or melee powerfists or claws?

Will Arkadia be having a Merry Mayhem?

From the way it's been implemented this year it wouldn't be difficult to add it.

Will Arkadia be having a Merry Mayhem?

From the way it's been implemented this year it wouldn't be difficult to add it.

That's up to Hurrikane, it's his event.

I'll see if there's any near plans for another "Gold Rush" type event tho....

Tippin'

You're mixing up WoF and Merry Mayhem :wise:

Although it would be nice if they could do this with WOF as well. ;)

Edit: Only if it is cleared with Hurrikane first... otherwise forget what I said... ;)

Last edited:
Any update on the time (in MA time) and date? Friday seems awfully close !

yeah I'd be interested as well. Also will there be a recording available for download? It's always cool to hear about the plans for Arkadia from the CEO. However I am not sure if I want to stay up late after getting up at 8AM for Uni... :ahh:

Any update on the time (in MA time) and date? Friday seems awfully close !

Yea srry George, I had short notice and so did Dave (plus he's doing some family stuff in AU as well).
We gonna do a post VU chat on (Semi-comfirmed) for Dec 7 @ 3:00 MA.

So if anything wrong about the VU, get yer bitch-list out and i pass it along too.
;)

Oh and yes, I will record it too, Xero.
;)

Tippin'

Last edited:
Please, please, PLEASE make sure your interviewing skills are up to par. Over the past couple of years I've heard countless interviews which I've found frustrating to listen to at best.

- Listen to a couple big interviews online and pay attention to how they conduct thier questions and "small talk".
- Prepare a direction and head that way so the listeners have something to "follow".
- WRITE DOWN your questions and be prepared for the answers.

I've never heard you do an interview before and you may very well be great but all these PP interviews so far have been real hard to stomach.

Thanks and good luck!

Menace

Hey Menace, I have never interviewed anyone before.

I am kinda trying to do the last 2 things ya mentioned and as I have heard plenty of them before, looking to mimic the basic outline.

I dunno man, as some may or may not know I just BS and am spur of the moment.
Maybe it turn out as relaxed as i hope. Dave and I fairly know each other so I hope I can just chat at him like I would to you or anyone else in game, ya know.

Hey we'll see. I know what ya mean too.

Only one way to find out, right?
Thx for the luck, I'll need it.
Cya there
;)

Tippin'

Please ask about adding choices to the mission rewards. Compared to Caly I feel the skill choices are poor.

Thanks. GL.

Can't wait AJ.. Looking forward to it.. Will think of a sensible to ask when I sober..

Second thoughts na.. Just ask him if he likes cheese ;)

POST VU CHAT

I'll be at my bar @ Celeste. Dave's laptop can't get on EU - Maybe Cy or Chris will join us?

Any new issues/bugs/suggestions and or complaints, line 'em up.

Tippin'

Last edited:
POST VU CHAT

I'll be at my bar @ Celeste. Dave's laptop can't get on EU - Maybe Cy or Chris will join us?

Any new issues/bugs/suggestions and or complaints, line 'em up.

Tippin'

Does that mean there won't be an ineterview with Dave but with Chris or Cy instead?

Just wondering cuz obviously we would need to tailor our questions to suit the interviewee.

Menace

Just chatted with Dave and he'll be doing the interview with AJ. :)

That will take place in about 20 minutes.

Would someone be kind enough to ask AJ to either fade the background music more, or turn it off completely so that we can hear Dave better ... thank you. :)

EDIT:

Thank you AJ, that works MUCH better, and you're doing a good job. :wise:

Last edited:
Great Interview AJ..and "congratulations to David and his wife!!" New baby Arkadian coming! :wtg:

AJ is it going to be possible to download this interview or is it going to be played again at some point as i missed the start as it is early morning here :ahh:

Regards

AJ is it going to be possible to download this interview or is it going to be played again at some point as i missed the start as it is early morning here :ahh:

Regards

Ofc I'll upload it.

Ty for the ears.

Tippin'

At some point in the future will there be a typed transcript? 'Cuz that would be awesome.

Good job on the interview!

At some point in the future will there be a typed transcript? 'Cuz that would be awesome.

Good job on the interview!

I've heard a few people ask for that.
I an understand english is easier to read than listen to if it isn't your first language, ecpecially with different accents and all.

I am not that good of a typist and it would take me forever to listen and type it all out.

If there is some kind of software that'd help, I'd certainly look into it.

Heck, for you all I just might even set aside some time and type out some of the bullet points just to help you all out some.

Tippin'

Back