Investing in MindArk and Project Entropia

Status
wow you people think to much :D
My disciple has explained to me what MA plans to do with the funds... Servers,Staff, advertising in asia. He lives in same town as MA (Gothenburg or something?)... So I dunno what all the belize stuff is about. Bridge is a worldwide thing.

Dash Smashing said:
yes, but my point was, why is an investment capital corporation headquartered in a country known for money laundering.

obviously, for the off-shore tax benefits. sure, its a good financial move..

but a financial move used more often by shady white collar crime types. =/

And your point was invalid which I proved more than thoroughly earlier in the thread. Your conspiracy theories, I fear, may be due to the little green plant my friend.

DD
:evilking:

EDIT: Ahhh, yes. Here we go... https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4241&page=5&pp=10

Last edited:
Milkey said:
wow you people think to much :D
My disciple has explained to me what MA plans to do with the funds... Servers,Staff, advertising in asia. He lives in same town as MA (Gothenburg or something?)... So I dunno what all the belize stuff is about. Bridge is a worldwide thing.

Hrmm.. this brings me back to that 'Alchemic Dream in Taiwan' hof awhile back.. I've been wondering what they were doing there for awhile now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dash Smashing said:
Hrmm.. this brings me back to that 'Alchemic Dream in Taiwan' hof awhile back.. I've been wondering what they were doing there for awhile now.

I recall a deligation from Tiawan coming to visit MA at their offices awhile back...

Visit from Taiwan 09 Oct 2003
MindArk received a prestigious visit from Taiwan. In mid-October, an official trade delegation from Taiwan visited MindArk. A demonstration of the unique virtual universe Project Entropia was made at this occasion. The delegation consists of major corporate decision-makers and ministers of the Taiwanese government.

There it is, from the MA News archive.

DD
:evilking:

Epictetus said:
Something about the PDF makes me think it's fake - the mention of PE being ported to consoles. Though I would really like it, I just see no way to do this, even on Xbox 360. They would have to work something out with users paying for the Live service yet them continuing to host the servers and the business relationship can't be amicable at this point.

Wouldn't be that hard to port it to xbox/x360. And as live becomes free with the X360, it will become even more easy to work out. I've been waiting for this to happen for a long time, as pe is a perfect game for a console.

I registered just to write this post.

I've been trading shares on various European stockmarkets via the internet for a few years now. And I have to warn you about Bridge.

1) The company sells its producs via a pyramid structure, wich is considered 100% illegal in most european contries (not in the us). Its very easy to recognise:

- The company sells access to its system and asks you to invest up front for it.
- After your registration they give you the tools to recuite new members, for each new customer recuited you are granted a fee.
- Adding to this (never have seen this before) they give you the oppertunity to invest in so called "growth companies", they used to call it "new technology companies" a few years ago but since the stockmarkets crashed this isn't really a popular term anymore.
Investments in such companies are very high risk investements, over 90% of these shares are worth $0 after 5-10 years. A few of them remain stable (about 9,5%) and the remaining 0,5% give very decent returns.

Investing in a pyramid structure is very risky to. The problem is that you don't have a clue how far down the line you are. Only the people high on top in this structure actually make money.

Now about MA (apperently) selling to them:

- There hasn't been an offcial press release about it. Attracting new investors without releasing the information to the press, makes my eye twitch for a while. If a company wants to go to the stockmarket, they want to attract as many private share holders as they can get. This will raise the share price and will make a company more valueable.
- If the bridge company buys MA shares, well they don't actually buy them with thier own cash, they do it with thier so called members cash, but they do hold the right to represent every single investor. The only thing you can decide about is when you'll buy & sell. So its exacly the same thing as buying shares the traditional way (I'm talking about small amounts here not whole %'s of a company).
- So you will actually buy MA shares at a fixed price before it launches on the stock market, but what if these shares actually drop 90% on the first day? I would sure look at thier business plan, thier yearly results (wich they are required to publish on a stock introduction), ...
Small hint here: So far, PE hasn't made any profit, they are sortof 15 million USD short to do so ..

Anyway, I can go on for hours about it, but I think I made my point. Just think twice befor you invest in something like this.

MrOzzy said:

I've been trading shares on various European stockmarkets via the internet for a few years now. And I have to warn you about Bridge.

1) The company sells its producs via a pyramid structure, wich is considered 100% illegal in most european contries (not in the us). Its very easy to recognise:

- The company sells access to its system and asks you to invest up front for it.
- After your registration they give you the tools to recuite new members, for each new customer recuited you are granted a fee.
- Adding to this (never have seen this before) they give you the oppertunity to invest in so called "growth companies", they used to call it "new technology companies" a few years ago but since the stockmarkets crashed this isn't really a popular term anymore.
Investments in such companies are very high risk investements, over 90% of these shares are worth $0 after 5-10 years. A few of them remain stable (about 9,5%) and the remaining 0,5% give very decent returns.

Investing in a pyramid structure is very risky to. The problem is that you don't have a clue how far down the line you are. Only the people high on top in this structure actually make money.

- There hasn't been an offcial press release about it. Attracting new investors without releasing the information to the press, makes my eye twitch for a while. If a company wants to go to the stockmarket, they want to attract as many private share holders as they can get. This will raise the share price and will make a company more valueable.
- If the bridge company buys MA shares, well they don't actually buy them with thier own cash, they do it with thier so called members cash, but they do hold the right to represent every single investor. The only thing you can decide about is when you'll buy & sell. So its exacly the same thing as buying shares the traditional way (I'm talking about small amounts here not whole %'s of a company).
- So you will actually buy MA shares at a fixed price before it launches on the stock market, but what if these shares actually drop 90% on the first day? I would sure look at thier business plan, thier yearly results (wich they are required to publish on a stock introduction), ...
Small hint here: So far, PE hasn't made any profit, they are sortof 15 million USD short to do so ..

Anyway, I can go on for hours about it, but I think I made my point. Just think twice befor you invest in something like this.

Welcome onboard MrOzzy, and thanks for the information. I do have a question though. You say that PE has made no proffit and are 15 million USD short, can you tell us where you get this info from. Many thanks.

MrOzzy said:

Precisley where do you get your Info from? Is this something that you can substantiate?

As far as newsletters or info regarding MA and Bridge I just recieved a very informative one yesterday. It included a (albeit somewhat brief) synopsis of MAs Business plan..enough so that one could get at least a texture of what MA intends to do.

Yes..I agree with some of your focal points, one of them being that perhaps this may end up being a pyramid scheme. But until some proof comes out of the pudding,I'd personally be extremely wary of making any unfounded speculations until MA and Bridge shows their cards... :D

The Beast said:
Welcome onboard MrOzzy, and thanks for the information. I do have a question though. You say that PE has made no proffit and are 15 million USD short, can you tell us where you get this info from. Many thanks.

Well thats a rather complex situation there.

In 1999 Mindark AB started development of PE. In 2002 the investment was 15 million USD. On the 23th of April 2003 Mindark AB "sold" PE for a total of 0$ to the company Mindark PE AB. There was a press release on gamezone.com about it. Wich leaves a giant hole of at least 15 million USD at Mindark AB wich this company didn't get back (apparently will sell some shares). And Mindark PE AB got a free game (isn't going to the stockmarket).

I'll get more in detail tomorrow, but some nice reading while I'm in bed:

http://www.hiit.fi/u/vlehdonv/publications/economic_integration_thesis.pdf

MrOzzy said:
Well thats a rather complex situation there.

In 1999 Mindark AB started development of PE. In 2002 the investment was 15 million USD. On the 23th of April 2003 Mindark AB "sold" PE for a total of 0$ to the company Mindark PE AB. There was a press release on gamezone.com about it. Wich leaves a giant hole of at least 15 million USD at Mindark AB wich this company didn't get back (apparently will sell some shares). And Mindark PE AB got a free game (isn't going to the stockmarket).

I'll get more in detail tomorrow, but some nice reading while I'm in bed:

http://www.hiit.fi/u/vlehdonv/publications/economic_integration_thesis.pdf

I don't follow you here... Midark AB went bankrupt a bunch of years ago, that company no longer exists. Mindark PE AB is the new company that formed after the first one went down. That initial 15 million dollar investment probably came from selling shares, and all those who owned MA shares back then lost all their money when the first Mindark went down. It can not in any way leave a "hole" in the current Mindark PE AB. Also, the official numbers do show that MA is making a small profit and has been doing so for the last two-three years.

Darkaner said:
I don't follow you here... Midark AB went bankrupt a bunch of years ago, that company no longer exists. Mindark PE AB is the new company that formed after the first one went down. That initial 15 million dollar investment probably came from selling shares, and all those who owned MA shares back then lost all their money when the first Mindark went down. It can not in any way leave a "hole" in the current Mindark PE AB. Also, the official numbers do show that MA is making a small profit and has been doing so for the last two-three years.

The question posed to MrOzzy is for you also...Where exactly do you get your "Official Numbers" from ?

Az

I'd like to know as well :confused:

I think MrOzzy is talking i terms of the actual 'Project' being 15million out of proffit, not the company proffit, and in that way, what he is saying makes sense.

The question posed to MrOzzy is for you also...Where exactly do you get your "Official Numbers" from ?
The numbers were presented in this article :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4566
Numbers like these are available to the public in Sweden, so I'm pretty sure they are correct. I haven't checked them though since you have to pay a fee to see them...

And just so you know my position in all this:
I would never invest money in Mindark shares or have anything to do with an organization like Bridge. But I find all this very interesting. :)

Edit : Here's another pdf for you to read. It's Bridges' newsletter with a special on Mindark and PE. Except for the usual explanation of what PE is, it features an interview with the CEO (Jan Welter Timkrans) and some Mindark history + some other things.

Last edited:
Well, this is definitely real. And I suppose there's nothing wrong with rewarding someone who has invested a great deal of money.

I'm a little surprised that an investor would be given a full set of Supremacy, just from the perspective of attention. You don't need to have that armor to see what the game is like and it's likely to make a lot of people gossip needlessly.

Epictetus said:
Well, this is definitely real. And I suppose there's nothing wrong with rewarding someone who has invested a great deal of money.

I'm a little surprised that an investor would be given a full set of Supremacy, just from the perspective of attention. You don't need to have that armor to see what the game is like and it's likely to make a lot of people gossip needlessly.

welcome to the world of PR ;) wether it is good or bad PR I am not yet surem but I am 100% it is for PR purposes alone... also I don't think that guy is a investor I think it's a bridge representive who's checking out the game and so on and so forth

Epictetus said:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=60378#post60378

as far as i know he bouth it.. its not a gift....

mjukis said:
More than 450k accounts? 90k active players? Did they just create an account and ask the first noob they found in PA about the stuff they couldn't find elsewhere?

read the file posted by darkaner. it says:active= login in last 11 months,
400k users planned by end of year

Pretender said:
read the file posted by darkaner. it says:active= login in last 11 months,
400k users planned by end of year

Key word:"Planned"

Doesnt mean its correct,its just a figure and using the number of people who logged in ONCE in 1 year sure as hell dont show a correct figure of "active" people.There is no chance in hell that PE got roughly the same amount of actives that there are in the "bigger" MMORPGS

I am gonna be so happy when I can see MindArks exact income figures.I would be suprised if the profit per year is over 3million dollars. WoW (god I hate that game) has a income of over 10million usd a month in fee's :eek:

Knuckles said:
Key word:"Planned"

Doesnt mean its correct,its just a figure and using the number of people who logged in ONCE in 1 year sure as hell dont show a correct figure of "active" people.There is no chance in hell that PE got roughly the same amount of actives that there are in the "bigger" MMORPGS

I am gonna be so happy when I can see MindArks exact income figures.I would be suprised if the profit per year is over 3million dollars. WoW (god I hate that game) has a income of over 10million usd a month in fee's :eek:

in the last part it says: 600 concurent users logged in during the day

ONE cool thing to add: they are gonna advertise in holland and germany for PE with 1mSEK. and now do i happen to live in holland... WEEEEEE

i wanna see commercials of PE on tv

5mSEK for new dev. team (another)

5MSEK for handling new users.

translations to chinese, japanese and korean planned

also, the company is valued at plusminus 205MSEK with a 25% discount

Pretender said:
also, the company is valued at plusminus 205MSEK with a 25% discount
Got damn i hope we some improvements soon then. :rolleyes:

Devilmaster said:
Got damn i hope we some improvements soon then. :rolleyes:

copmpany value = what exactly?

not sure, but isnt it all there is that is owned by the company? land, office, servers, etc

Pretender said:
copmpany value = what exactly?

not sure, but isnt it all there is that is owned by the company? land, office, servers, etc
Yep most likely but i hope it triggers some changes in the right direction.

Pretender said:
ONE cool thing to add: they are gonna advertise in holland and germany for PE with 1mSEK. and now do i happen to live in holland... WEEEEEE

i wanna see commercials of PE on tv

5mSEK for new dev. team (another)

5MSEK for handling new users.

translations to chinese, japanese and korean planned

I dont wanna spoil everyones fun but advertizing for 1million barely gets you on the radio if you want the ad playing for a few days

Knuckles said:
I dont wanna spoil everyones fun but advertizing for 1million barely gets you on the radio if you want the ad playing for a few days
Thats true it's really expencive to advertice. I think tv would make the biggest impact on ppl n i can't belive it hasn't been done yet.

Knuckles said:

yup, but its a start you know! :silly2:

advertise worth nothing...
make a good game is from far away a lots better advertise.
PE by him self is auto advertise , remember TI island...
but remember how MA are total unabel to host som more player ..
i dont speack about 100 000 more but only 1000 more player a day... server go down all time , tons bug come...

i think MA do not need advertise , they need to work on their game , improve it , and keep the player that whant deposit all month then keep bug and Fword player....

Etopia said:
advertise worth nothing...
make a good game is from far away a lots better advertise.
PE by him self is auto advertise , remember TI island...
but remember how MA are total unabel to host som more player ..
i dont speack about 100 000 more but only 1000 more player a day... server go down all time , tons bug come...

i think MA do not need advertise , they need to work on their game , improve it , and keep the player that whant deposit all month then keep bug and Fword player....

I agree with that, advertising in a big way will also attract more kids who end up begging for stuff when they realise its not actually a cheap video game.

I think the fact that MA haven't advertised is one of the main reasons there are so few idiots in the game.

Status
Back